PDA

View Full Version : Tell me... do you support South is My Country Movement?

CostaRicaBall
04-19-2019, 02:17 AM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/84/O_Sul_é_o_Meu_País.gif/220px-O_Sul_é_o_Meu_País.gif

CostaRicaBall
04-19-2019, 02:20 AM
Private poll added. Go ahead. :)

Catarinense1998
04-19-2019, 02:26 AM
Maybe. I don't think that we need to separate ourselves. The main argument used by southern rebels is about the injust taxes that the union take. This is about our federative pact. We pay a lot of taxes, and we get just a little percentage of that. The union needs to give more freedom and liberty to the states (our provinces). But, if the separatist movenment gets a lot of power in the future, I'd love to fight for it too.

Bolsonaro2018
04-19-2019, 02:41 AM
Two friends of mine are affiliated to this movement, they donate money to the organizers, so they've gotten a associated personal card.

I think southerners are well represented in the executive for the first time in 25 years, a lot of congressman from Mid-West are also from South, they also have a lot of influence in the congress, what is great.

Fernando Torres
04-19-2019, 08:57 PM
Of course not

JMack
04-19-2019, 09:12 PM
lol

I think Southern Brazil doesn't pay more taxes, São Paulo, Rio and Minas are the states contributing the most to the Union iirc. This is an impossible aim, will never happen and mainstream cities in the South are hardly different from the Southeast. Paraná has more in common with São Paulo, Rio Grande do Sul with Argentina and Santa Catarina with no one else. If anything Rio Grande do Sul should join Argentina, Paraná should join São Paulo and Santa Catarina be independent.

The big difference between Southern and Southeastern Brazil is that the former was less populated when post-independence immigration started so they have less colonial heritage, mainly on the countryside.

Catarinense1998
04-19-2019, 09:28 PM
Of course not

You are not southerner. Your vote doesn't have value

Fernando Torres
04-19-2019, 11:12 PM
You are not southerner. Your vote doesn't have value

OP didn't say only southerners could vote,so...
BTW when the Confederate States of America tried to separate from the USA, it was the northerners who fought against it and kept the union together, something that I as a Paulista would also do if the South tried to become independent so your argument is pretty shitty.

I visit the South at least once a year and never seen anyone IRL defending such thing, only some cringey teenagers on the Internet do it.

Bolsonaro2018
04-19-2019, 11:22 PM
BTW when the Confederate States of America tried to separate from the USA, it was the northerners who fought against it and kept the union together, something that I as a Paulista would also do if the South tried to become independent so your argument is pretty shitty.

I visit the South at least once a year and never seen anyone IRL defending such thing, only some cringey teenagers on the Internet do it.

Actually, it is far from being only supported by teenagers. We can talk it is just a minority group tho.

https://noticiahoje.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/melhor-1024x768-660x330.jpg

https://www.sullivre.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/XXII-Curso-de-forma%C3%A7%C3%A3o-de-lideres-independentistas-Brusque-SC-14-11-2015.jpg

https://www.sullivre.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Movimento-em-Brusque-1-1024x453.jpg

Fernando Torres
04-20-2019, 01:34 AM
Actually, it is far from being only supported by teenagers. We can talk it is just a minority group tho.

https://noticiahoje.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/melhor-1024x768-660x330.jpg

https://www.sullivre.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/XXII-Curso-de-forma%C3%A7%C3%A3o-de-lideres-independentistas-Brusque-SC-14-11-2015.jpg

https://www.sullivre.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Movimento-em-Brusque-1-1024x453.jpg

Well, sure! I was just dissing the movement when I said it was a cringey teenager bullshit haha
But, as you said, it is a very small minority that defends it. As I said before, I go to Rio Grande do Sul and Santa Catarina at least once a year because I fell in love for the south and consider it a second home and all the times I talked to southerners irl about it they all said it was a stupid thing and said they're not pro-independence.

Ruggery
04-20-2019, 02:09 AM
Jolsonaro

Catarinense1998
04-20-2019, 02:26 AM

You clearly dont know anything about the movenment. It has force and supporters among adults and olds too. You need to read some stuff about. If the majority of southerners decide to break up with Brazil, you will need to deal with it. We must choose our destiny as you can decide your too. Stop being that dumb. Brazil as an union only has meaning to useless states like the northeasterns ones.

Fernando Torres
04-20-2019, 09:08 PM
You clearly dont know anything about the movenment. It has force and supporters among adults and olds too. You need to read some stuff about. If the majority of southerners decide to break up with Brazil, you will need to deal with it. We must choose our destiny as you can decide your too. Stop being that dumb. Brazil as an union only has meaning to useless states like the northeasterns ones.
Ok...

“If the majority of southerners decide to break up with Brazil, you will need to deal with it”

It’s not as easy as you may think it is because
1st You don’t have a majority of the population defending independence - and you never will -

2nd The Federal Constitution prohibits any state from separating from the Union, meaning southerners would have to deal with Brazilian Armed Forces before going good separate ways, and I would definitely be one of the people who would defend the Union from any separatist

“Brazil as an union only has meaning to useless states like the northeasterns ones”
And also to Rio Grande do Sul that went bankrupt a few years ago and needed the help of the Union to keep it’s shit together.

But to me you can fantasize as much as you want about an independent south.
It doesn’t have enough relevance between the southerner people as you liked it had and it is seen as a joke by the rest of the country, so it’ll forever be just a fantasy, not a real thing.

Catarinense1998
04-20-2019, 09:24 PM
Ok...

“If the majority of southerners decide to break up with Brazil, you will need to deal with it”

It’s not as easy as you may think it is because
1st You don’t have a majority of the population defending independence - and you never will -

2nd The Federal Constitution prohibits any state from separating from the Union, meaning southerners would have to deal with Brazilian Armed Forces before going good separate ways, and I would definitely be one of the people who would defend the Union from any separatist

“Brazil as an union only has meaning to useless states like the northeasterns ones”
And also to Rio Grande do Sul that went bankrupt a few years ago and needed the help of the Union to keep it’s shit together.

But to me you can fantasize as much as you want about an independent south.
It doesn’t have enough relevance between the southerner people as you liked it had and it is seen as a joke by the rest of the country, so it’ll forever be just a fantasy, not a real thing.

The constitution has not any value if we decide to break up with the union. Do you think that bahianos, gaúchos, paraenses were caring about the constitution in the XIX century? Do you think that a black ex slave was caring about if he could be arested or killed in Sabinada? US's independence was ilegal and wrong according to the english constituicion. Constitutions only has value and meaning while it people agree live under it laws.

Yes, Rio Grande do Sul is a broken state. In fact, a lot of people like to say this. But, do you know why this happened? RS is another state which is killed by our federative pact.

About the percentage of supporters, Just wait more 20-30 years. São Paulo also should have the right to break up with Brazil, since it carries a lot of useless states. What up my monarchist friend?

Fernando Torres
04-20-2019, 11:28 PM
The constitution has not any value if we decide to break up with the union. Do you think that bahianos, gaúchos, paraenses were caring about the constitution in the XIX century? Do you think that a black ex slave was caring about if he could be arested or killed in Sabinada? US's independence was ilegal and wrong according to the english constituicion. Constitutions only has value and meaning while it people agree live under it laws.

Yes, Rio Grande do Sul is a broken state. In fact, a lot of people like to say this. But, do you know why this happened? RS is another state which is killed by our federative pact.

About the percentage of supporters, Just wait more 20-30 years. São Paulo also should have the right to break up with Brazil, since it carries a lot of useless states. What up my monarchist friend?

Again... you'd have to beat the Federal Armed Forces in war to be able to say that the Constitution doesn't have any value.
I agree that the Federative Pact has a lot of issues that must me adressed asap, and our Ministry Paulo Guedes even said in a recent interview that the new governement has plans on making some changes on it.

"About the percentage of supporters, Just wait more 20-30 years"
I highly doubt the support for independence movements will grown in the next few years...

"São Paulo also should have the right to break up with Brazil, since it carries a lot of useless states."
São Paulo is great because it has Brasil on it's side, without Brasil, São Paulo can't be great.

Ruggery
04-21-2019, 12:14 AM
Again... you'd have to beat the Federal Armed Forces in war to be able to say that the Constitution doesn't have any value.
I agree that the Federative Pact has a lot of issues that must me adressed asap, and our Ministry Paulo Guedes even said in a recent interview that the new governement has plans on making some changes on it.

"About the percentage of supporters, Just wait more 20-30 years"
I highly doubt the support for independence movements will grown in the next few years...

"São Paulo also should have the right to break up with Brazil, since it carries a lot of useless states."
São Paulo is great because it has Brasil on it's side, without Brasil, São Paulo can't be great.

Do you think Sao Paulo and RDS would become very poor pasies if they become independent?

Black Panther
04-21-2019, 01:02 AM
I went to the South when I was in Brazil. Doesn't feel like a lot of them want to separate from the rest of the country. Good for them. Their movement stands no chance against the Brazilian Armed Forces.

CostaRicaBall
04-21-2019, 03:49 AM
Brasil needs a rightful Emperor who gets them into the first Lusitanic Empire.

https://media.giphy.com/media/OcFGSEU6QRofC/giphy.gif

Or.... A Civil War who divides them into the countries in which states deserve development according to the quality of their own people. Example: Sao Paulo a whole country, Acre a whole country, Mina Gerais a country, Bahia a country .....
https://media.giphy.com/media/BszNKjp8OkOJi/giphy.gif

Fernando Torres
04-21-2019, 06:16 PM
Do you think Sao Paulo and RDS would become very poor pasies if they become independent?

Idk if São Paulo would become a very poor country, but it would definetly be an irrelevant country and it wouldn't be as rich as it is as a Brazilian State.

Rio Grande do Sul though would be in serious problem, as I said, the state is bankrupt and it need the Union to keep it's shit together.

Fernando Torres
04-21-2019, 06:17 PM
I went to the South when I was in Brazil. Doesn't feel like a lot of them want to separate from the rest of the country. Good for them. Their movement stands no chance against the Brazilian Armed Forces.

The Internet may lead some folks into believing that there is a strong independence wish among southerners but it couldn't be further from reality!

Sacrificed Ram
04-27-2019, 09:35 PM
This is just a middle class "little bourgeois" movement, the high economic class of southern Brazil have business, giant farms in the other regions of Brazil, a separation would just make the business more hard, even if we think the rest of the country wouldn't make a retaliation with taxes.

Lazio
05-15-2019, 11:50 AM
I remember "Free Pampa" movement back then made by gauchos... "south is my country", if I'm not wrong, was made by people from Parana and they are by far the most cryngy people when it comes to "southern identity", I never ever saw people in Rio Grande do Sul as cryngy as people from Parana are about they being "southerns"... so I think that is really funny (especially because northern part of Parana is no different from many parts of São Paulo).
But anyway I think they would be culturally, morally and economically much better without the rest of Brazil if we consider things as they are. I think for Brazil possibly have any chance of engage in serious projects in the future it would have to intentionally destroy this pseudo-culture of "bunda-futebol-carnaval-TeleNovelas", if people would engage in the idea of supporting real local cultures respecting each other differences (total opposite of what Getulio Vargas did), Brazil could be great, but otherwise (living like they are nowadays - basically just mocking at each other while they are on the same lame situation) it would be better to segregate.

Lomaioral
05-24-2019, 07:30 AM
I would only support it if it had racial and cultural reasons, because if it is to become like Brazil so let it continue being part of Brazil.