PDA

View Full Version : The Anthropology of the East Elbian German Nobility

Golden Lining
04-19-2019, 06:45 PM
"Among the 4960 Westphalian refugees I found 19 school children with a noble family name, lots of old Prussian or Baltic German names like v. Schichau, v. Saldern, v.Ditfurth or v. Osten-Sacken but also eight from families that had been ennobled, like von Bauer, von Beck or von Müller. Out of the 19 aristocrats, judging from the father's profession, ten belonged to the Upper class, two the Upper middle class and three to the lower middle class (employed, non-farmers without possessions). Three weren't rankable. Only three of the aristocrats are old-established, the others had grand parents from different regions. One quarter of the grandparents came from the Baltic area, 43 percent from the other areas of research (former German Eastern regions), about 19 percent are from Western Germany and 12 percent are born in different European cities, what tells more about the aristocratic lifestyle than about its origin.

Development state of the aristocratic children is similar to that of the self-employed middle class, thus below that of the Upper calss and the upper middle class. The same is true for their height. The academic skill score is 1.79, between the Upper class and the upper middle class. It matches the social standing of the aristocratic children. The 8 children out of the ennobled families had 1.87 score, not above the aristocratic average.

When it comes to many progressive anthropological traits - those that are characteristically for the Upper class - the aristocrats have an extreme position. There they exceed even the social Upper class (defined by the father's profession) when it comes to head length, head narrowness and facial breath, a Cephalic Index of 77.3, a facial index of 87.7, two units aove that of the Upper class (thus narrow faces), the nasal index (narrow noses), and the curval vault at the back of the head, the position of the eyeball (deep-lying eyes) and often long-oval-shaped faces. When it comes to the head breadth and the Cephalic Index the difference is statistically highly significant. The nobility is thus defined by extremely narrow head and facial proportions. The body build, however, is, with a Rohrer Index that matches the Upper class, not leptosome as one could suspect, but highly athletic-mesomorphic. When it comes to racial typology they are mostly Nordids and Dalofaelids, with Alpines and East Europids being absent.

In comparison to the whole non-noble people there are even more differences. Academic achievements of aristocrats are one standard deviation higher than that of the non-aristocrats. The difference in height is 2cm but that is not statistically significant but the greater head length, narrower head breadth, the lower CI and the higher facial index are. Morphognostically, the higher occurence of narrow-oval faces and curved backs of the head is statistially sound. Raising the significance level to 10%, also the deep-lying eyes and more common Nordid type in the broader sense (Teutonordids and Dalonordids) is proven. The highly significant occurence of athletic constitutional body type is remarkeable, while in our other data it is, in contrast to that, often shown that the Upper class has a more strong tendency towards the leptosome-ectomorphic build.

Those social anthropological attributes that exceed that of the modern-day Upper class can probably best be explained by social selection going on over a long time where the cognitive skills were favored in mating, as also the fitness for war and bodily aesthetics. Those that matched the ideal had bigger chances to reach higher status jobs, of being married into higher stands or being ennobled, and in general, to have more children. Lazy aristocrats, like those owners of the knight's estates in the East, declined into being simple farmers. The dominance of the athleti c body type is probably the result of a selection towards skills for war, that was especially important for the Prussian nobility. The results of our study show that the East German nobility was indeed a real elite in the biological sense.

Prussian King Friedrich II. (1740 - 1786), called The Great, protected the nobility on purpose, e.g. he forbid mere civilians buying aristocratic land. He justified that with the importance of the aristocracy for the military: "we have to conserve the good race of those whose sons defend the country"
The king knew how much he needed his nobility. "

from the excellent book "Anthropologie des frühreren Ostdeutschlands (vor 1945)" by Andreas Vonderach (2019).

I descent partially from that group, so I use those facts to feed my narcissism.

Silver Lining
04-19-2019, 07:04 PM
A main goal of the West was to eradicate the Germans in the East, even when it meant Communist control of half of Europe. Secondary goal was to get rid of the old Prussian elite.

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?281319-Curses!-Brits-and-Americans-could-have-told-Stalin-to-stop-at-the-Polish-border!

Mans not hot
04-19-2019, 07:06 PM
Germanised Pole.

Not a Cop
04-19-2019, 07:26 PM
[i]"
I descent partially from that group, so I use those facts to feed my narcissism.

While i tend to agree with stated, if i understand correctly the sample size is only 19?

Golden Lining
04-19-2019, 08:27 PM
While i tend to agree with stated, if i understand correctly the sample size is only 19?

Yeah, ridiculously low, still the data points are different enough to be significant in most traits.

Not a Cop
04-19-2019, 08:32 PM
Yeah, ridiculously low, still the data points are different enough to be significant in most traits.

Have you read the book btw? It would be interesting to see something new in the field.

Golden Lining
04-19-2019, 08:40 PM
Have you read the book btw? It would be interesting to see something new in the field.

Yeah, I've read it. It's not a big book, it's essentially just a longer version of this paper, with some stuff added:

https://de.scribd.com/document/119343856/Ethnic-Anthropology?ad_group=11082X693941Xc327a4000e73039 ced1c4c8b1ef94709&campaign=SkimbitLtd&keyword=660149026&medium=affiliate&source=hp_affiliate

It's still very interesting.

The-Hesse
04-20-2019, 10:43 AM
The nobility is thus defined by extremely narrow head

So whats about fwhr?

Also: Dalofaelids - extremely narrow headed

What?

XenophobicPrussian
04-27-2020, 04:28 AM
Kind of a weird claim when one of the most famous people of Prussian nobility is Hindenburg who was called East Baltic but yeah I wouldn't be surprised if this had atleast some truth to it. Atleast we can say Vonderach wasn't biased, looks very Alpinid, lol.

Yeah, I've read it. It's not a big book, it's essentially just a longer version of this paper, with some stuff added:

https://de.scribd.com/document/119343856/Ethnic-Anthropology?ad_group=11082X693941Xc327a4000e73039 ced1c4c8b1ef94709&campaign=SkimbitLtd&keyword=660149026&medium=affiliate&source=hp_affiliate

It's still very interesting.
This had pigmentation data and this is the best thing you took out of that book?! Thanks for sharing the link tho.

Black/Brunet Hair %(grouped up a bit of the regions because the sample sizes on some were so low, everything is on page 21-25) in northern Germany:

E. Germany:
Saxony-Anhalt = 24% | N = 71
Mecklenburg/Pomerania = 28.5% | N = 159
East Prussia/Masuria = 31.6% | N = 224
West Prussia = 32.1% | N = 125
Silesia = 33.6% | N = 939
Czech Germans = 37.9% | N = 123
Thuringia/Saxony/Lusatia = 38.9% | N = 162
Brandenburg(West and East) = 42.6% | N = 56

W. Germany:
Munster = 21.6% | N = 4180
Rural Ruhr area = 25.4% | N = 7978
Ruhr area = 33.6% | N = 4712

savvas
04-27-2020, 01:03 PM
>Germany
>Nordic

Lol.

https://i.imgur.com/0reYBeW.jpg

Golden Lining
04-28-2020, 12:43 PM
>Germany
>Nordic

Lol.

https://i.imgur.com/0reYBeW.jpg

Another moron that does not get that average often says little about individuals and groups within that average. CI is higher in NW Germany also mostly because of broader skulls, but absolute length is not much shorter than, let's say, Sweden. These days it is different because people grow taller without much added overall robusticity, thus faces are probably narrower to begin with.

Harkonnen
04-28-2020, 01:29 PM
It actually makes sense that nobility has narrow faces. If you think how nobility is set up, you are essentially set up in life through your heritage. You don't have to fight your position in life like men born in more brutal settings do. In brutal settings, where men fight for dominance, broad face rules, in civilized settings this aspect of evolution diminishes, and domesticated longer faces become more common.

It is my theory that every noble house was set up by a brutal and sadistic broadfaced man, but then generation by generation the lineage got domesticated and faces got longer and longer.

Harkonnen
04-28-2020, 02:01 PM
You can see this process even with the fact how so many noble houses in history have died out because no offspring, despite fact these men should have no problemo getting waifu. What happens is that these families are bread for cozyness. Generation after generation the men become softer, until a day becomes a young lad rejects his promised position as the general of the 5th army of dumbledore, which was promised to him by his dad who knows a guy who knows a guy. No, he rather goes to Paris to live the Bohemian life and discover the joys of hedonism and homosexuality.