PDA

View Full Version : Would you let a refugee drown if you were a coast guard?

Teutone
04-24-2019, 08:54 PM
Imagine you are a coast guard commander and see a ship full of refugees sinking, would you help?

Poll will be added.

Celestia
04-24-2019, 08:55 PM
What kind of question is this lol of course I'd help

Teutone
04-24-2019, 08:58 PM
What kind of question is this lol of course I'd help

wait and watch, you will be suprised.

Celestia
04-24-2019, 08:58 PM
wait and watch, you will be suprised.

That's sad :/

Aodhan
04-24-2019, 09:01 PM
can i shoot him first?

Teutone
04-24-2019, 09:03 PM
If they were all males id act like I would not have noticed and let them drown.

Children and women? Pick them up but ship them back where they came from.

frankhammer
04-24-2019, 09:03 PM
Save the human then return them to the port they left from.

frankhammer
04-24-2019, 09:07 PM
If they look desperate and dangerous, throw a rope then tow them back. But set a few lures in case their struggles attract quality game fish.

Mr.G
04-24-2019, 09:10 PM
Help.

Teutone
04-24-2019, 09:10 PM
If they look desperate and dangerous, throw a rope then tow them back. But set a few lures in case their struggles attract quality game fish.

If you were on duty for your country, your order is to prevent anybody from entering your sea territory, how would you react in that situation?

Bosniensis
04-24-2019, 09:12 PM
Depending.

If they were refugees running from War, I would help them.

If they were Gold Diggers, I would open fire on their sinking ship to help them sink faster.

frankhammer
04-24-2019, 09:16 PM
If you were on duty for your country, your order is to prevent anybody from entering your sea territory, how would you react in that situation?

Follow the orders. Hopefully in the way Australia sorts illegal immigration. Ship them to a camp in another nations territory. Illegal immigrants need to know they will never, ever set foot in your nation if they do so illegally.

Teutone
04-24-2019, 09:17 PM
Follow the orders. Hopefully in the way Australia sorts illegal immigration. Ship them to a camp in another nations territory. Illegal immigrants need to know they will never, ever set foot in your nation if they do so illegally.

ship them back would make you leave the territory you supposed to guard, so let them drown?

Ayetooey
04-24-2019, 09:18 PM
Help them.

Kivan
04-24-2019, 09:21 PM
I would help them and then i would send them back to where they came from.

farke1
04-24-2019, 09:24 PM
I'd help them, for sure. I don't agree with people entering countries illegally via homemade boats/rafts/etc, but I couldn't stand by and watch another human being drown, especially when they've not even done anything to me. I think it'd take an unusually desensitised soul to look the other way.

frankhammer
04-24-2019, 09:27 PM
ship them back would make you leave the territory you supposed to guard, so let them drown?

All naval craft have patrol routes, ports and procedures. If the question is, your orders are gun them down or force them away even if in serious distress, the answer would be disobey the orders. If you've then disobeyed orders once, one more suc as dropping them closer to another coast after food and rest is the next commonsense step.

IrisSelene
04-24-2019, 09:27 PM
I'm not a cruel person. I would definitely help. I always think how I would like others to react to me in differen situations... And I would like to be helped, obviously. So that's what I would do.

The Blade
04-24-2019, 09:28 PM
I'd call reinforcement in my favour. Then we could prepare our weapons, save and arrest them. If they start a fight they will be shot.

Dick
04-24-2019, 09:31 PM
I'm a cruel person. I would definitely help. I always think how I would like others to react to me in differen situations... And I would like to be helped, obviously. So that's what I would do.

Yes you are.

Pansarkamrat
04-24-2019, 09:32 PM
Thats not what i would be paid for.

Ford
04-24-2019, 09:33 PM
I'd call reinforcement in my favour. Then we could prepare our weapons, save and arrest them. If they start a fight they will be shot.

http://i.milliyet.com.tr/YeniAnaResim/2016/03/11/bulgarian-man-detained-25-refugees-as-hunting-them-6721443.Jpeg

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-35919068

IrisSelene
04-24-2019, 09:33 PM
Yes you are.

LOL i didn't even realize i didn't write it right :picard1:

Dick
04-24-2019, 09:37 PM
LOL i didn't even realize i didn't write it right :picard1:

Freudian slip

The Blade
04-24-2019, 09:41 PM
http://i.milliyet.com.tr/YeniAnaResim/2016/03/11/bulgarian-man-detained-25-refugees-as-hunting-them-6721443.Jpeg

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-35919068
Yes, and there should be more people like him. Our guards show take him as an example.

Smeagol
04-24-2019, 10:07 PM
I wouldn't help an invader.

Blondie
04-25-2019, 11:47 AM
I would help them to go back to their native country.

Crimean
04-25-2019, 11:57 AM
- "Junior sergeant D*********y, did you see something?"
- "No, sir! During the service of the junior sergeant D***********y there weren't any incidents".

Nazarene
04-25-2019, 12:07 PM
Yes and anyone who says no to this can drown on my watch

Matxe92
04-25-2019, 12:09 PM
Absolutely save them yes. To then immidieatly send them back from the port the came from.

Annie999
04-25-2019, 12:28 PM
This thread could also be titled “are you a psychopath?”.

KMack
04-25-2019, 12:32 PM

Returning them to the port they came from has been the issue. I think Spain might be doing this now?

Adam Janossy
04-25-2019, 12:37 PM
I help them.

Bogdan
04-29-2019, 07:13 PM
If they were all males id act like I would not have noticed and let them drown.

Children and women? Pick them up but ship them back where they came from.

Sums up my thoughts lol

The Lawspeaker
04-29-2019, 07:15 PM
They need to be brought aboard a ship, carted off to a deportation center and deported. Letting them drown is monstrous. For what I hear, there is no worse death than drowning (or being on fire).

CordedWhelp
04-29-2019, 07:34 PM
I follow His Rules before those of any nation. I would do anything I could to help. I may not have a viewpoint that contains the widest immigration policies, but I won’t watch and shrug my shoulders at folks drowning and dying right before me.

alnortedelsur
04-29-2019, 07:41 PM
Don't let him drown, but send him immediately back to Africa.

Catarinense1998
04-29-2019, 07:46 PM
I'm not a good swimmer, so probably I'd die together.

sean
06-29-2019, 06:42 AM
Certainly not.

Odin
07-07-2019, 10:41 PM
Nope.

Zeus
07-07-2019, 10:52 PM
ofcourse I would help them, wtf? then deport them shortly afterwards

Creoda
07-08-2019, 02:50 PM
Depends who they are.

Seya
07-08-2019, 03:00 PM
ofcourse I would help them, wtf? then deport them shortly afterwards

They need to be brought aboard a ship, carted off to a deportation center and deported. Letting them drown is monstrous. For what I hear, there is no worse death than drowning (or being on fire).

Absolutely save them yes. To then immidieatly send them back from the port the came from.

I would help them to go back to their native country.

I would help them and then i would send them back to where they came from.

u're all missing something here. i'll tell u what happens in Italy at least but i guess this is a common practice. they come by boat without any document on them. when they get on italian land they pretend they don't understand any language. it's impossible to deport them in this conditions as no one knows from where they're coming from. they also can't keep them in prision for long as they come in huge numbers and they're keep coming

The Lawspeaker
07-08-2019, 03:08 PM
u're all missing something here. i'll tell u what happens in Italy at least but i guess this is a common practice. they come by boat without any document on them. when they get on italian land they pretend they don't understand any language. it's impossible to deport them in this conditions as no one knows from where they're coming from. they also can't keep them in prision for long as they come in huge numbers and they're keep coming

So the rational thing... would be to do the monstrous thing ? To blow them right out of the water ? To riddle their boats or dingies with bullets and to let them drown ? Urgh.. :( Could we expect our navy crews to even be capable of that ?

Ayetooey
07-08-2019, 03:08 PM
No because I'm not a psychopath.

Seya
07-08-2019, 03:12 PM
So the rational thing... would be to do the monstrous thing ? To riddle their boats or dingies with bullets and to let them drown.
Urgh.. :(

i don't know what's the best solution tbh but in general if u're trying to cross illigaly any land border u get shut down. i didn't see anyone having a problem with this.

The Lawspeaker
07-08-2019, 03:14 PM
i don't know what's the best solution tbh but in general if u're trying to cross illigaly any land border u get shut down. i didn't see anyone having a problem with this.
Well.. if, as you say, the humane option doesn't work. That leaves the other option.

Creoda
07-08-2019, 03:18 PM
So the rational thing... would be to do the monstrous thing ? To blow them right out of the water ? To riddle their boats or dingies with bullets and to let them drown ? Urgh.. :( Could we expect our navy crews to even be capable of that ?
I know what the irrational option is (letting boatload after boatload of Muslims and Africans land and settle in your country).

Seya
07-08-2019, 03:19 PM
Well.. if, as you say, the humane option doesn't work. That leaves the other option.

if this trend continues and hundred of thousands/milions of people are keep coming to europe every year i'd start to consider the posibility of calling this an invasion. when someone invades u with an army u feel in right to defend yourself with guns but what do u do when the invadors are unarmed? this is the main question.

The Lawspeaker
07-08-2019, 03:20 PM
I know what the irrational option is (letting boatload after boatload of Muslims and Africans land and settle in your country).
Yes. And if they lie and deceive, then procedures cannot be followed and they cannot be deported. That leaves only the option that nobody wants. But, in a way, they would have themselves to blame for it. I do believe they should receive ample warning though: both in their own countries and at sea.

if this trend continues and hundred of thousands/milions of people are keep coming to europe every year i'd start to consider the posibility of calling this an invasion. when someone invades u with an army u feel in right to defend yourself with guns but what do u do when the invadors are unarmed? this is the main question.
You're absolutely right. But these people are unarmed. At least.. if such a measure will have to be taken (it disgusts me - it really does), then it needs to be made quite clear that this is 1) because they did not heed the warnings. 2) because those who came before them sabotaged the procedures and lied and deceived their way into the country and attacked us there.

The Lawspeaker
07-08-2019, 03:29 PM
Imagine one of these (these are used by our navy), landing on such a dingy.

https://www.marinha.mil.br/emgepron/sites/www.marinha.mil.br.emgepron/files/styles/large/public/127_1.jpg?itok=HpcAXslC

Or the impact of one these (used in .50 machineguns which are in general use) on a human body. Not a pretty sight, that's for sure, and the press will make use of that image ad nauseam ad infinitum (unless, of course, they can be muzzled):

https://havokjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/img84.jpg

Viridian1
07-08-2019, 03:30 PM
Of course I would help and then sent to the most refugees friendly countries.

The Lawspeaker
07-08-2019, 03:34 PM
Of course I would help and then sent to the most refugees friendly countries.

In other words: push the problem on your occupied neighbours who receive their marching orders from Washington and Tel Aviv.

Viridian1
07-08-2019, 03:39 PM
In other words: push the problem on your occupied neighbours who receive their marching orders from Washington and Tel Aviv.
Some careless leader said: herzlich willkommen and then does nothing more to solve the human trafficking

The Lawspeaker
07-08-2019, 03:42 PM
Some careless leader said: herzlich willkommen and then does nothing more to solve the human trafficking

"Leader" LOL ! She is about as much a leader as Jaruzelski used to be.

Viridian1
07-08-2019, 03:44 PM
Finally she gets thrills about the things.

The Lawspeaker
07-08-2019, 03:47 PM
Finally she gets thrills about the things.
Merkel receives her orders from Brussels, DC and Tel Aviv. She was in Washington only a month or so (or even less) before "she" opened the borders. Funny enough: just after Obama started fucking around in Syria. Funny how that goes.

Viridian1
07-08-2019, 03:51 PM
Obama? The friend of ISIS?

The Lawspeaker
07-08-2019, 03:52 PM
Obama? The friend of ISIS?

Yes. That Obama.

Viridian1
07-08-2019, 03:55 PM
Ok, I will precise: I will help them and send straight to immigration supporters' homes.

Seya
07-08-2019, 03:58 PM
Yes. And if they lie and deceive, then procedures cannot be followed and they cannot be deported. That leaves only the option that nobody wants. But, in a way, they would have themselves to blame for it. I do believe they should receive ample warning though: both in their own countries and at sea.

You're absolutely right. But these people are unarmed. At least.. if such a measure will have to be taken (it disgusts me - it really does), then it needs to be made quite clear that this is 1) because they did not heed the warnings. 2) because those who came before them sabotaged the procedures and lied and deceived their way into the country and attacked us there.

Maybe “someone” should finally take the decision in helping this african countries, and by helping i don’t mean sending them aids but maybe helping them develop, also maybe the political regimes in this countries shouldn't be supported anymore by the countries who have interest in keeping those people in power so they can get good deals “buying” their resources.

The Lawspeaker
07-08-2019, 03:58 PM
Ok, I will precise: I will help them and send straight to immigration supporters' homes.
You just need to find the address (https://dc.curbed.com/2017/5/31/15720824/obama-home-dc-buy). Here is another one for you (https://edition.cnn.com/style/article/hillary-clinton-washington-home-photos/index.html). And you can also send them here (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel).

alnortedelsur
07-08-2019, 03:59 PM

I would rather send them back to Africa, but accompanied with the immigration supporters that love them so much, so that they help them in Africa, and maintain them with their own budgets.

The Lawspeaker
07-08-2019, 03:59 PM
Maybe “someone” should finally take the decision in helping this african countries, and by helping i don’t mean sending them aids but maybe helping them develop, also maybe the political regimes in this countries shouldn't be supported anymore by the countries who have interest in keeping those people in power so they can get good deals “buying” their resources.
I think the time for colonial experiments is well behind us. The Africans can't run their own house - then let them ruin it.

Viridian1
07-08-2019, 04:04 PM
I would rather send them back to Africa, but accompanied with the immigration supporters that love them so much, so that they help them in Africa, and maintain them with their own budgets.

The swedish femminists can't wait :p

alnortedelsur
07-08-2019, 04:06 PM
Merkel receives her orders from Brussels, DC and Tel Aviv. She was in Washington only a month or so (or even less) before "she" opened the borders. Funny enough: just after Obama started fucking around in Syria. Funny how that goes.

This gave me an idea:

Nationalist governments should be elected on each European country, and when this happens, they should stop refugees from entering into Europe and send them all to Israel.

The Lawspeaker
07-08-2019, 04:15 PM
This gave me an idea:

Nationalist governments should be elected on each European country, and when this happens, they should stop refugees from entering into Europe and send them all to Israel.
Even better ! Because Israel needs diversity !

Seya
07-08-2019, 04:27 PM
I think the time for colonial experiments is well behind us. The Africans can't run their own house - then let them ruin it.

Yeah but u can see what’s happening. Colonial times are far from being over. the problem is that the new colonists are asians. What do u do to stop them? They don’t have refugee problems

The Lawspeaker
07-08-2019, 04:29 PM
Yeah but u can see what’s happening. Colonial times are far from being over. the problem is that the new colonists are asians. What do u do to stop them? They don’t have refugee problems
Maybe we should send them all to Israel as someone proposed.

frankhammer
07-08-2019, 05:00 PM

There are plenty of islands in the med. Set up a couple of Manu island refugee camps then never flinch at the harsh words coming your way. The only offer open to the migrants is, "we will repatriate you".

It will take years.

Seya
07-08-2019, 05:08 PM
There are plenty of islands in the med. Set up a couple of Manu island refugee camps then never flinch at the harsh words coming your way. The only offer open to the migrants is, "we will repatriate you".

It will take years.
The actual international laws forbid that. It’s difficult to deport someone even if u know from where he’s coming from. Maybe the laws need to be changed first. For example u cannot send back a war refugee even if the war has ended. He lives only if he wants. With illegal refugees is a bit different but still not very simple procedure

frankhammer
07-08-2019, 08:08 PM
The actual international laws forbid that. It’s difficult to deport someone even if u know from where he’s coming from. Maybe the laws need to be changed first. For example u cannot send back a war refugee even if the war has ended. He lives only if he wants. With illegal refugees is a bit different but still not very simple procedure

Most seem to be illegal economic migrants. Using loopholes, manipulating rules and just old fashioned lying to bypass our laws relating to immigration. Rules need to be adjusted and updated to reflect the current situations. When these laws were agreed upon, with good intentions on the participants part, I bet few foresaw such abuse 50 years down the track. :shrug:

Freeroostah
07-08-2019, 08:25 PM
Help and then deport