PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone been to Malta?

lonewolfcypriot
04-30-2019, 04:44 PM
I was there 2 weeks ago and had a smashing time. I'd like to hear your thoughts.

ModernMaskil
04-30-2019, 04:45 PM
Is it true they are all just South Italian looking mofos?

lonewolfcypriot
04-30-2019, 04:47 PM
Is it true they are all just South Italian looking mofos?

To me they looked Italian, one of them even looked like mortimer

lonewolfcypriot
04-30-2019, 05:03 PM
bump

Roy
04-30-2019, 05:12 PM
No, but my father, mother and my sister all of them have been to Malta. They liked it - especially Gozo Island and La Valleta as well as their efficient minibus transport system that allowed them to get everywhere without renting a car. Well, apart from the fact that my mother (on seperate occasion than my father) was cheated by booking.com or by someone who installed their advert, because it had turned out that the hotel does not exist once they arrived there. :picard1: Fortunately, one of their friends has transferred the necessary cash and they managed to find a different accommodation and later compensation.

lonewolfcypriot
04-30-2019, 05:13 PM
No, but my father, mother and my sister all of them have been to Malta. They liked it. Well, apart from the fact that my mother (on seperate occasion than my father) was cheated by booking.com or by someone who installed their advert, because it hat turned out that the hotel does not exist once they arrived there. :picard1: Fortunately, one of their friends has transferred the necessary cash and they managed to find a different accommodation and later compensation.

damn, sorry to hear about that. Same thing happened to my family. I told them it was a bad idea, they never listened to me.

Roy
04-30-2019, 05:16 PM
damn, sorry to hear about that. Same thing happened to my family. I told them it was a bad idea, they never listened to me.

It was crazy. :eek: Everything seemed right.

But I remember how once on holidays in Egypt as a kid they turned us into a 5-star All-inclusive hotel right next to the beach while we were supposed to be in a 3-star one. :) .

lonewolfcypriot
04-30-2019, 05:18 PM
It was crazy. :eek: Everything seemed right.

With ours, it seemed dodgy from the start. They should of listened to me, most of us never wanted it in the first place or gave a shit. It pissed me off when it actually did happen. Fuck Sake

lonewolfcypriot
04-30-2019, 11:16 PM
last bump

Nassbean
04-30-2019, 11:32 PM
Yes I went there when I was in High school and actually i was a bit disappointed : i've seen more tourists than locals, there weren't beaches and vegetation (it was very dry ) , there wasn't much to do , the locals were a bit cold I expected them to be friendly and welcoming but it wasn't really the case ...anyway balearic islands are way better. Now I have to visit sardinia,sicilia,cypriot and crete hahah

lonewolfcypriot
04-30-2019, 11:38 PM
Yes I went there when I was in High school and actually i was a bit disappointed : i've seen more tourists than locals, there weren't beaches and vegetation (it was very dry ) , there wasn't much to do , the locals were a bit cold I expected them to be friendly and welcoming but it wasn't really the case ...anyway balearic islands are way better. Now I have to visit sardinia,sicilia,cypriot and crete hahah
may I ask where you stayed during your visit?

Papastratosels26
04-30-2019, 11:45 PM
No but I wish to visit the island sometime.

Nassbean
05-01-2019, 12:10 AM
may I ask where you stayed during your visit?

St paul's bay but I visited la Valette and gozo too

lonewolfcypriot
05-01-2019, 12:18 AM
St paul's bay but I visited la Valette and gozo too

never been there, I stayed at Sliema. Visited Valette, Golden Cost, St. Julian's and Mdina. The best place is St. Julians.
I never been to Gozo but I heard that it is very rural.

Nassbean
05-01-2019, 12:23 AM
never been there, I stayed at Sliema. Visited Valette, Golden Cost, St. Julian's and Mdina. The best place is St. Julians.
I never been to Gozo but I heard that it is very rural.

Oh actually now that I look at google street view yes I have been to St.Julian too

Petros Houhoulis
06-15-2019, 05:00 PM
I was there 2 weeks ago and had a smashing time. I'd like to hear your thoughts.

I am in Malta every couple of weeks, but no time to spend on the island.

Ülev
06-15-2019, 05:06 PM
yes, of course :rolleyes:

https://youtu.be/nHz7suNoW7I

https://youtu.be/elptsJFIfCY

https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malta_(Pozna%C5%84)

lonewolfcypriot
06-15-2019, 06:41 PM
I am in Malta every couple of weeks, but no time to spend on the island.

are you a sailor?

Petros Houhoulis
06-16-2019, 03:37 PM
are you a sailor?

Guess...

Various Cruise ships, Also Agio Pnevma, Serres, Macedonia, Greece.

Jehan
06-17-2019, 03:22 PM
I was there.
Might be the best holliday of your life if you are around 20 years old and enjoy partying.

There are also some interesting historical stuff.

The black point, is there isn't a lot of beach with sand and the islands are pretty small.