PDA

View Full Version : How big is the difference in phenotypes between Western Germany and Eastern?

Norb
05-05-2019, 11:14 AM

Ülev
05-05-2019, 11:17 AM
the borderline is in the Oder river nowadays

Supercomputer
05-05-2019, 11:20 AM
I heard that Western Germans have a stereotype of Eastern Germans as dumb.

Dna8
05-05-2019, 11:24 AM
The difference cannot be acute, surely?

Blondie
05-05-2019, 11:25 AM
Southern and northern germans looks a little bit different, but western and eastern germans looks same in my opinion.

Ülev
05-05-2019, 08:15 PM
there is no East Germany

Mecklenburg-Vorpommern --->NDR (Norddeutscher Rundfunk)
Berlin, Brandenburg ---> RBB (Rundfunk Berlin-Brandenburg)
Free State of Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt, Thuringia ---> MDR (Mitteldeutscher Rundfunk )

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARD_(broadcaster)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/98/ARD_Karte.svg

Token
05-05-2019, 08:20 PM
I heard that Western Germans have a stereotype of Eastern Germans as dumb.

Yes, West Germans view East Germans in a similar manner to how North Italians view South Italians.

05-05-2019, 08:31 PM

Not so much. Eastern Germans still look more like Western Germans rather than NE Europeans.

Profileid
05-05-2019, 08:32 PM
no real difference actually

TheMaestro
05-05-2019, 08:37 PM
The difference cannot be acute, surely?

When are we going to Hobbiton.

Dna8
05-05-2019, 11:42 PM
When are we going to Hobbiton.

When they raise the bennie!

Matty74
05-05-2019, 11:56 PM
Seems like the Germans from the North (Ostfriesland/Emsland/Schleswig-Holstein) tend to be a bit taller than their south German counterparts.

Regnera
05-06-2019, 03:17 AM
Not very different.

Mortimer
05-06-2019, 03:25 AM
I think not much different.

Mortimer
05-06-2019, 03:38 AM
Not very different.

I still wonder how you know so much about germany, your interest in german culture and that you listen to german music and even speak a bit german, I dont really have a idea of how much german you speak though. It is unsual for a chinese lady in small town in china. Are there other chinese in china who share your interests?

Regnera
05-06-2019, 03:55 AM
I still wonder how you know so much about germany, your interest in german culture and that you listen to german music and even speak a bit german, I dont really have a idea of how much german you speak though. It is unsual for a chinese lady in small town in china. Are there other chinese in china who share your interests?

Mein Gott,in fact I'm not very interested in German culture(sorry to German members on TA),and I listen to some German music since I watched a fan MV of the film "Wrath of the Titans" which BGM is Rammstein's "Spieluhr",then I knew Rammstein and became their fan.And a friend of mine shared In Extremo's version of "Palastinalied" in a culture group of Chinese QQ,then I was fascinated by In Extremo's songs for their music styles remind me of medieval European fairs,so I became their fan.then I found Germany have several awsome medieval music bands.
Well,there're very few people I've known IRL share my interests(even there's only 1 guy I've known IRL heard of Rammstein,but he just heard of them),but there're people on Chinese internet share my interests,lol.

Mortimer
05-06-2019, 03:57 AM
Mein Gott,in fact I'm not very interested in German culture(sorry to German members on TA),and I listen to some German music since I watched a fan MV of the film "Wrath of the Titans" which BGM is Rammstein's "Spieluhr",then I knew Rammstein and became their fan.And a friend of mine shared In Extremo's version of "Palastinalied" in a culture group of Chinese QQ,then I was fascinated by In Extremo's songs for their music styles remind me of medieval European fairs,so I became their fan.then I found Germany have several awsome medieval music bands.
Well,there're very few people I've known IRL share my interests(even there's only 1 guy I've known IRL heard of Rammstein,but he just heard of them),but there're people on Chinese internet share my interests,lol.

I see you are cool. It is interesting.