PDA

View Full Version : Serbs are Slavs, Illyrians, Celts, but also Teutonics and Vikings

Radojica
06-21-2011, 09:35 AM
An average Serb has, in average, 30% of proto-Slavic genes, 21% paleo-Balkan genes, 18% Teutonic, 14% Celtic, 6% Hellenic, but also Viking genes, according to the latest genetic surveillance conducted by Swiss company IGenea.

http://www.blic.rs/Vesti/Drustvo/261003/Prosecan-Srbin-mesavina-Slovena-Ilira-ali-i-Vikinga

Whole text is in Serbian, because I was not able to find any other source, but translation is as it is in the text.

What do you think about this? It's not so different than we, here, already knew, isn't it? Only news is that I had no idea about such impact of Teutonic genes, same goes with Vikings.

I am not an expert at this, so if there's something I wrong, please, don't shoot me :D

poiuytrewq0987
06-21-2011, 09:44 AM
They used to add "antic Macedonian" to the list together with Thracian, Celtic, and so on... but they seem to have removed it now. :D

Agrippa
06-21-2011, 07:48 PM
An average Serb has, in average, 30% of proto-Slavic genes, 21% paleo-Balkan genes, 18% Teutonic, 14% Celtic, 6% Hellenic, but also Viking genes, according to the latest genetic surveillance conducted by Swiss company IGenea.

http://www.blic.rs/Vesti/Drustvo/261003/Prosecan-Srbin-mesavina-Slovena-Ilira-ali-i-Vikinga

Whole text is in Serbian, because I was not able to find any other source, but translation is as it is in the text.

What do you think about this? It's not so different than we, here, already knew, isn't it? Only news is that I had no idea about such impact of Teutonic genes, same goes with Vikings.

I am not an expert at this, so if there's something I wrong, please, don't shoot me :D

Igenea is shitty if it is about their honesty and historical knowledge.

Their business model includes to adapt haplogroups terms to what might be most interesting locally.

In Germany they argued with Germanics, Vikings, Slavs and Jews etc., making up sensational comments like "10 percent of the Germans have Jewish ancestry" or that even about that number is Jewish in the German genome or Phoenician and other crap they didn't prove in any way, as nobody can prove that strictly with their methods by now, they surely can't.

So I wouldn't care too much about the terms they used with a lot of fantasy, speculation and manipulation.

To repeat it, the company igenea is already known for such rather dubious claims and "tests".

Mordid
06-21-2011, 07:53 PM

What is proto-Slav ? Serbs are ethnically paleo-Balkan with strong Slavic influence..

Guapo
07-22-2011, 11:02 PM
What is proto-Slav ? Serbs are ethnically paleo-Balkan with strong Slavic influence..

Serbs and Croats are the real deal proto-Slavs that slavicized your Polaken asses.