PDA

View Full Version : Australia's conservative coalition scores stunning political victory in general election

KMack
05-18-2019, 06:59 PM
Australia’s ruling conservative coalition defied polls and scored a stunning political victory in the country’s general election on Saturday, with the main opposition party officially conceding the defeat.

Opposition leader Bill Shorten called Prime Minister Scott Morrison to congratulate him on the election victory. He told Labor party supporters that his party didn’t win enough seats to form a coalition government.

Morrison used his victory speech to thank “quiet Australians” who led the coalition to the stunning political victory.

“It's Australians who have worked hard, started a business, started a family, bought a home,” he said. “These are the quiet Australians who have won a great victory tonight.”

https://www.foxnews.com/world/australia-conservative-coalition-election-win.amp

Westbrook
05-18-2019, 07:10 PM
How long till they blame Russian interference. Or will they switch it up and go with the Chinese conspiracy theory?

Teutone
05-18-2019, 07:12 PM
awesome

Australia has the best immigration policy of all Western countries

KMack
05-18-2019, 07:12 PM
How long till they blame Russian interference. Or will they switch it up and go with the Chinese conspiracy theory?

Maybe decorum still exists over there as it relates to leftists in the USA.

Westbrook
05-18-2019, 07:15 PM
Then why are they being overwhelmed by east and west Asians?
awesome

Australia has the best immigration policy of all Western countries

Westbrook
05-18-2019, 07:15 PM
Voting breakdown showed a decrease in popular vote for both Liberal and Labor. Conversely, there was a shift to more fringe parties like Pauline Hanson's One Nation, United Australia Party and the Greens.

https://i.redd.it/dw7u98kce0z21.png

frankhammer
05-18-2019, 07:18 PM

These people have gone through Australias immigration process and have been granted residence. Those who try to "migrate" by just turning up, as they do in Europe and the US, have little to no chance of remaining in the country.

And if later, you are found to be lacking in character, adios. Even 20+ years later.

Teutone
05-18-2019, 07:33 PM

This happend before the new immigration laws.

I thought about moving there once, even as NW Euro its hard af.

Refugees get stopped at sea and never will enter mainland Australia.

Herr Galke
05-20-2019, 01:23 AM
IIRC, I read on a 4chan thread that AU doesn't really have any big parties on the "right" that most of AusPol is center and left. Is this true?

Vojnik
05-20-2019, 01:46 AM
Thank God for this. If the left got into power they would have raised taxes like you don't believe. Plus, they wanted to introduce a inheritance tax (death tax). Taxing people 40% of their inheritance when loved ones passed away.

But that's only the start of the pain if Labor won the election.

I made fun of a couple of guys the other day wearing t-shirts with the Green party logo on it. Obviously they are all mentally ill triggered lefty antifa types. And they didn't take my mocking of them very lightly.

frankhammer
05-20-2019, 02:09 PM
IIRC, I read on a 4chan thread that AU doesn't really have any big parties on the "right" that most of AusPol is center and left. Is this true?

In the US, left of centre , in the EU right of centre.

You don't win elections without the large middle class. Once upon a time, labour or ALP was the workers party. Recently it seems to be focussed on migrants and those who don't work, willing to throw the working peoples and middle classes money at anything.

Vojnik
05-21-2019, 02:14 PM
In the US, left of centre , in the EU right of centre.

You don't win elections without the large middle class. Once upon a time, labour or ALP was the workers party. Recently it seems to be focussed on migrants and those who don't work, willing to throw the working peoples and middle classes money at anything.

Former Labor party leader, Mark Latham, explains well what has happened to the Labor party which he is no longer part of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCLZoqTx1QI

frankhammer
05-21-2019, 03:07 PM
Israel Folau has been treated dismally by the media on both sides of the Tasman. I don't believe the average person is as bitter or outraged as the media makes out the public to be.

Creoda
05-21-2019, 03:21 PM
Israel Folau has been treated dismally by the media on both sides of the Tasman. I don't believe the average person is as bitter or outraged as the media makes out the public to be.
He wouldn't be booed by crowds, unlike media darling Adam Goodes was (for which we still must 'reflect on as a nation'). The divide between the media class and ordinary people in Australia is as bad or worse than anywhere IMO.