PDA

View Full Version : The Internet is Causing Mass MENTAL ILLNESS!

The Lawspeaker
05-25-2019, 12:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y5pLuSC4DI

Crimean
05-25-2019, 12:55 PM
I will say more - any serious activity in IT negatively affects socialization and has the potential to lead to schizophrenia in adulthood.
But it is also the easiest way to earn decent money.

Moje ime
05-25-2019, 01:04 PM
I will say more - any serious activity in IT negatively affects socialization and has the potential to lead to schizophrenia in adulthood.
But it is also the easiest way to earn decent money.

You can't have schizophrenia without genetic predisposition for that but I agree that work related to computers (not just IT) affects socialization, but it depends also do you work in collective and what kind of collective.
On the other hand, many people choose that kind of jobs because it suits their personality.

Crimean
05-25-2019, 01:16 PM
You can't have schizophrenia without genetic predisposition for that but I agree that work related to computers (not just IT) affects socialization, but it depends also do you work in collective and what kind of collective.
On the other hand, many people choose that kind of jobs because it suits their personality.
I agree with the genetic predisposition to schizophrenia, I did not exactly express my thought.
I rather meant that as a programmer, mathematics and algorithms penetrate deep enough into the consciousness that the way of thinking changes noticeably. Many ordinary things are perceived as numbers and sequences after that. Maybe this is normal, maybe not.