PDA

View Full Version : Is she more African or European?

Sikeliot
06-25-2011, 06:32 AM
Christina Milian. She's Cuban.

Do you think she is closer to being pure European, or pure African?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sugexp=cmsp&xhr=t&q=christina+milian&cp=11&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1138&bih=627&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi

Dario Argento
06-25-2011, 07:03 AM
Slightly more than 40% African, taking in account Negro traits are harder to erase than any other kind of admixture. In reality she looks like 60% African in propotion.

Ugo Tognazzi
06-25-2011, 02:26 PM
The african element seems dominant.

Laudanum
06-25-2011, 02:31 PM
The african element seems dominant.

Agreed.

Cato
06-25-2011, 02:42 PM
Half-and-half I'd say.

Sicilianu101
06-25-2011, 04:27 PM
I voted half-and-half. I definitely can see many African influences, but I think overall if you compare her to a pure West African and a pure Spaniard, her features are more Spaniard. Her features are Much more "graceful" (i.e. look at nose, eyes). I think her lips are intermediate but closer to Spanish. Her bone structure is also intermediate but I see some Atlanto-Med in there I think. I honestly think that what might make her seem more West African to some people is her complexion because overall I think her features are mixed but overall lean at least slightly more towards a "Spanish" look than let's say a Nigerian. Don't be influenced by the "one-drop rule."

Neanderthal
06-25-2011, 04:38 PM
She appears to be fully black to my eyes, similar to Left eye Lopez and such.

Aces High
06-25-2011, 04:42 PM
Take those hair exstensions out and let her frizzy afro hair run wild and then you could take her for an african any day of the week....same as j lopez etc.

Is she related to Tomas Milian..?

Ugo Tognazzi
06-25-2011, 06:22 PM
I voted half-and-half. I definitely can see many African influences, but I think overall if you compare her to a pure West African and a pure Spaniard, her features are more Spaniard. Her features are Much more "graceful" (i.e. look at nose, eyes). I think her lips are intermediate but closer to Spanish. Her bone structure is also intermediate but I see some Atlanto-Med in there I think. I honestly think that what might make her seem more West African to some people is her complexion because overall I think her features are mixed but overall lean at least slightly more towards a "Spanish" look than let's say a Nigerian. Don't be influenced by the "one-drop rule."

maybe you just say Spanish because you know she is from Cuba which is a former Spanish colony..but Americans and British were in Cuba too so you cant tell.

Mixed raced, Biracial ''Mulattoid'' is the best guess, shapes are essentially African in carachter
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-FZNouGKO74M/TYPspbNLWfI/AAAAAAAAAFs/TuN8xqSYogo/s1600/ba4ac_christina-milian-ponytail-hairstyle.jpg
http://hissip.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/milian.jpg

Aces High
06-25-2011, 06:39 PM
maybe you just say Spanish because you know she is from Cuba which is a former Spanish colony..but Americans and British were in Cuba too so you cant tell.

This is true and in the maritime nuseum in Greewich there is a letter from the British consular representative to his wife regarding British pirates operating off the coast of Cuba.
From what i remember the letter says something like.

"This morning my dear i watched a fleet of Spanish ships sail from havana and watched from the hills overlooking the city as the Spanish ships set sail and headed out into open sea,about fifteen ships in all.
On the horizon appeared at first a small dot then it grew larger and appeared to be a British "man o war" flying both the union flag and the crossed bones of pirates on her mast.
Upon seeing this ship crewed by the scum of Britain and dregs of the royal navy turned mutineers the Spanish fleet returned at once to safe port....all fifteen of them.
The pirate ship once again turned tail and headed over the horizon to safety.
Although i think such scum should be hung drawn and quartered upon capture i must admit my dearest that seeing such heavily armed Spaniards turning tail at the sight of one British pirate ship my blood rose to a cresendo of patriotic fervour and i could have cried with pride that our tiny beloved isle could still wreak such fear into the hearts of our foes".

I remember on a school trip this letter and our teacher drove into our young minds what our ancestors were capable of.
The maritime museum in Greenwich is well worth a visit.;)

Heimmacht
06-25-2011, 06:41 PM
Neither.

NewYorker
04-15-2012, 12:00 PM
Christina Milian. She's Cuban.

Do you think she is closer to being pure European, or pure African?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sugexp=cmsp&xhr=t&q=christina+milian&cp=11&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1138&bih=627&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi

I voted half and half. In various photos I have seen of her, she seems to lean either way, sometimes more Euro and sometimes more Afro. That is what I find unusual about her.

Aivap
04-15-2012, 01:55 PM
More African. If you lighten her skin she'd still look more African than European.

brunette
04-15-2012, 02:51 PM
She looks like a Mulatto.

Caismeachd
04-15-2012, 03:20 PM
She looks 3/4ths black.

Firefly
04-15-2012, 04:30 PM
half

BLUEU
05-23-2013, 05:41 PM
She looks Mulatto.

Driven Mind
05-23-2013, 05:46 PM
All due respect, but what's with the African/European look agenda?

Roy
05-23-2013, 10:53 PM
Mulatta