PDA

View Full Version : am I European ??

mashail
06-05-2019, 02:35 AM
so guys I did my MTDNA test and what I know that both my parents from north Iraq my dad is Kurdish and my mother is arab whatever the results freaked me out
according to family tree dna that I am European from T1 dna that excite in current days only in northwest and central and southeastern Europe.!!!!
it showed me my ancient ancestors where they came from so I got
4 Swedish ancestors
3 German
2 irish
1 Netherland
1 france
1 italy
1 Israel
1 Lebanon
1 saudi
the most interesting thing that my middle eastern ancestors they don't have arab dna but European T1 haplogroup.
wow I always though that im fully north Iraqi I though my family looked very European cause we middle easterns can look white like Lebanese Syrians Iraqis Kurds assyrians.
I am so confused am I middle eastern(north Iraqi) or European ?? who am I ????
how the hell all my family speak Kurdish and arabic and they are swearing that they are nothing accept being N Iraqis middle eastern muslims.:picard2:

Zuh
06-05-2019, 02:36 AM
Yes sis , you are white!

GreentheViper
06-05-2019, 02:43 AM
100% European, yes.

Borealis
06-05-2019, 03:36 AM
pic

Rędwald
06-05-2019, 05:07 AM
Show us your face, so then users can decide by pigmentation :rolleyes:

Pahli
06-05-2019, 06:51 AM
LOL, keep dreaming, I don't think you know what the definition "European" means

lameduck
06-05-2019, 06:53 AM
welcome back sis

Crazy W.
06-05-2019, 07:10 AM
Pic

farke1
06-05-2019, 07:24 AM
In my opinion, you need four grandparents with predominantly European ancestry before you're 'European'. So no, sorry.

Blondie
06-05-2019, 07:48 AM
Haplogroup H and it's subtypes are the only native european mtdna haplogroups. T1 is middle eastern, and connected to iranic indo-europeans.
And you are european if you have predominantly european autosomal genetic (90%+), looking doesn't matter.

Pets
06-05-2019, 08:54 AM
No.

Ayetooey
06-05-2019, 09:20 AM
It’s just a Mtdna lmao. My Mtdna is mena and Caucasus one but I’m 100% euro autosomally.

06-05-2019, 09:27 AM
4 Swedish ancestors
3 German
2 irish
1 Netherland
1 france
1 italy
1 Israel
1 Lebanon
1 saudi

Ancestrally, are you 80% European? Interesting...

TheMaestro
06-05-2019, 09:53 AM
You are white, like my Japanese friend who is whiter than me.

Seya
06-05-2019, 10:05 AM
Lol is this serious? Do u even understand what the mtdna means? Or a haplogroup in general

Bigsaul
06-05-2019, 10:12 AM
You're 2pac I bet

Rumata
06-05-2019, 03:29 PM
Show me the picture. Don't hesitate, I'm a local expert on the Europeaness.

Rgvgjhvv
06-05-2019, 03:30 PM
There's no doubt about it

Blondie
06-05-2019, 03:42 PM
Show me the picture. Don't hesitate, I'm a local expert on the Europeaness.

Looking doesn't matter only genetic.

Rumata
06-05-2019, 03:45 PM
Looking doesn't matter only genetic.

Yes, it does. I can tell.

Blondie
06-05-2019, 03:48 PM
Yes, it does. I can tell.

No, because the genetic shows who you are, not your looking which can be misleading.

Papastratosels26
06-05-2019, 03:52 PM
Picture

Rumata
06-05-2019, 03:55 PM
No, because the genetic shows who you are, not your looking which can be misleading.

Genetics use calculators which ever change. But I present my competent opinion which is constant.

mashail
06-05-2019, 09:42 PM
pic

I cannot share my pic on public

mashail
06-05-2019, 09:42 PM
Picture

I can't share it on public

Zeus
06-05-2019, 09:45 PM
I can't share it on public

What do you mean? do a classify thread on personal taxonomy section or something?

mashail
06-05-2019, 09:45 PM
welcome back sis

thank you sis I wish u عيد مبارك:smilie_liebe9::smilie_liebe9:

Touijer
11-16-2023, 04:11 PM

If that’s true then why did you insist on her autosomal while stating haplogroup doesn’t mean nothing? Every company gives you different autosomal results

Haplogroup H and its subtypes are the only native european mtdna haplogroups. T1 is middle eastern, and connected to iranic indo-europeans.
And you are european if you have predominantly european autosomal genetic (90%+), looking doesn't matter.

Genetics is haplogroup. If you’re a South Korean Man and marry a Russian women and your kids marry a Russian women, are they descendants of South Koreans or Russians? They would have your 90% threshold needed to be of that ethnicity but your thinking is flawed, you take paternally your ethnicity.

If you want to take genetics instead of looks, then you need to take the most important which is haplogroup which archeologists use not autosomal which is a tool made for people to entertain themselves.

~Elizabeth~
11-16-2023, 04:36 PM
so guys I did my MTDNA test and what I know that both my parents from north Iraq my dad is Kurdish and my mother is arab whatever the results freaked me out
according to family tree dna that I am European from T1 dna that excite in current days only in northwest and central and southeastern Europe.!!!!
4 Swedish ancestors
3 German
2 irish
1 Netherland
1 france
1 italy
1 Israel
1 Lebanon
1 saudi
the most interesting thing that my middle eastern ancestors they don't have arab dna but European T1 haplogroup.
wow I always though that im fully north Iraqi I though my family looked very European cause we middle easterns can look white like Lebanese Syrians Iraqis Kurds assyrians.
I am so confused am I middle eastern(north Iraqi) or European ?? who am I ????
how the hell all my family speak Kurdish and arabic and they are swearing that they are nothing accept being N Iraqis middle eastern muslims.:picard2:

You are Kurdish and Arab. A North Iraqi. With a little bit of European on your mother's side. MTDNA is only the mother's mother's mother's mother's mother infinity. It can be thousands of years old. Your Arab mother's mother's mother's et cetera was probably a Western European woman that was kidnapped by the Barbary pirates or Ottomans and sold into slavery to Arabs. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbary_slave_trade

Scandal
12-02-2023, 04:35 PM
If that’s true then why did you insist on her autosomal while stating haplogroup doesn’t mean nothing? Every company gives you different autosomal results

This is a myth.
Every company gives you the same autosomal result, the difference is how those companies label the components.
People who tested with multiple companies will confirm this to you. If you do both 23andme and Myheritage, upload the raw data to gedmatch you will see the results from the two companies are like 99% the same after converting them to gedmatch.

Genetics is haplogroup. If you’re a South Korean Man ankorean half Russian persion wouldn't be seen as Russian, but he wouldn't be accepted in Korea as Korean either (despite your haplogroup-ideas).
d marry a Russian women and your kids marry a Russian women, are they descendants of South Koreans or Russians? They would have your 90% threshold needed to be of that ethnicity but your thinking is flawed, you take paternally your ethnicity.
Autosomal dna shows who you are, haplogroup show who your great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandfather was.

A person with Korean father and Russian mother won't be seen as Russian, but he wouldn't be accepted in Korea as Korean either. So what's the point?

If you want to take genetics instead of looks, then you need to take the most important which is haplogroup which archeologists use not autosomal which is a tool made for people to entertain themselves.
Autosomal DNA tends to correlate with looks. In many cases you can look at a person and guess how close genetically he is to you. An haplogroup does not affect a person's appearance like a-DNA does. In USA cities people create their ethnic hoods based on autosomal dna. You think a black person who has R or I haplogroup will want to live in a white hood instead of a black one because of his HG?

People want to live in neighborhoods where people are autosomally similar to them.
Why don't they self-segregate based on HGs, if HG is so important? https://s3.amazonaws.com/wbez-cdn/legacy/image/2000-small-rankin-map.jpg

Archeology is just one branch of science. Other branches of science do care about autosomal and I'm sure even archeologists care about autosomal, but the technology for autosomal dna was not available until recent years.

Mortimer
12-02-2023, 04:42 PM
You are european and middle eastern but i think you could eventually be called mono racial european in USA certainly like kim Kardashian gigi hadith steve jobs

Kess
12-02-2023, 05:03 PM
Being racially European is a complex issue. From my perspective, you should score above or just %90 European on your autosomal DNA test to be racially European.

kingmob
12-02-2023, 06:46 PM
No.

Annie999
12-02-2023, 06:50 PM
Mtdna is just a tiny bit of your ancestry, it doesn't define what you are. What about the rest of you DNA, what did you score?