PDA

View Full Version : U.S. official: Obama won't cut military aid to Israel Tags:

ReichGirl
03-12-2009, 10:38 PM
U.S. President Barack Obama will not cut the billions of dollars in military aid promised to Israel, a senior U.S. administration official said Wednesday.

The $30 billion in aid promised to Israel over the next decade will not be harmed by the world financial crisis, the official told Israel Radio. He spoke on condition of anonymity.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1070318.html

In other words, Obama will gladly starve Americans so that Israel is not harmed by the world financial crisis. I want someone to explain to me what this "special relationship" with Israel really is that our government will gladly increase the suffering of the American people so that Israel is protected from the economic crisis that is causing the rest of the world to lower their expectations Does Israel have a nuclear weapon hidden in DC? Because short of that, I just don't get why our entire government grovels before Tel Aviv.

I just do not get it.

ReichGirl

Beorn
03-12-2009, 10:57 PM
Isn't it legally viable for an American citizen to refuse to pay his/her taxes and be covered by the constitution?
I remember reading about a couple who were battling their way through court over their refusal to pay.

ReichGirl
03-12-2009, 11:29 PM
Isn't it legally viable for an American citizen to refuse to pay his/her taxes and be covered by the constitution?
I remember reading about a couple who were battling their way through court over their refusal to pay.

i have a cousin in Cal. Lynne Meredith who came up with way legal way for people not ot pay tax's and she wrote 2 books that were #1 sellers her books are still for sake on amazon dont know if she gets any of the $$ for the sales.. doubt it:cool:, and gave seminars she is now serving 10 years for teaching people how NOT to pay your taxs

Psychonaut
03-13-2009, 05:02 AM

Every case I've read about of people trying this ended very badly.

Lenny
03-13-2009, 05:17 AM
legal way for people not to pay tax's
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/6585/cartoon101008.gif

:D

Fortis in Arduis
03-13-2009, 01:41 PM
now serving 10 years for teaching people how NOT to pay your taxs

:eek:

Expand please?

Haaretz is a left-wing Obama-supporting Israeli toilet paper.

Unfortunately for Israel, US foreign aid is simply used to buy American-made weapons and Israeli foreign policy.

This is why true Zionists oppose it:

http://jtf.org/israel/israel.true.zionists.oppose.foreign.aid.htm

ReichGirl
03-13-2009, 02:56 PM
:eek:

Expand please?
[/url]

about lynne? this was a huge story a few years ago. i remeber 1 time i was checking out at the local grocery, i looked down and there was lynne on the cover of people magazine :D she was also on 60 minets here is an article

Lynne Meredith has it—and loves to flaunt it. Her apartment in Sunset Beach, Calif., commands a to-die-for view of the Pacific. Downstairs in the garage, the 53-year-old grandmother, who earned a fortune dispensing financial advice, keeps two Porsches and a '56 Bentley, not to mention a '72 Corvette convertible that bears the license plate TAX REBL.

Now the federal government would very much like to see that vanity tag changed to CONVCTD FELN. In one of the most aggressive prosecutions mounted in recent years, the Internal Revenue Service has charged that Meredith not only failed to pay income taxes herself but—through various fraudulent schemes—she encouraged others to stiff Uncle Sam as well. At issue are a series of books Meredith wrote and lucrative seminars she ran from 1991 to 2002, in which she claimed to have proof that federal income tax was voluntary. She also showed audiences a way she said would shelter their assets from the IRS. With her trial scheduled for June, Meredith continues to insist she is the victim of a witch hunt. "I did not conspire to defraud the government," she says. "I believe the IRS is conspiring to defraud the people." IRS spokesman Gary Tang scoffs at that, saying, "This is a great case for those who pay their fair share of taxes."

As Meredith tells it, her views were shaped by her own experience. In the '70s and '80s she was a single mother living in Southern California who had a tough time making ends meet. (Married once, she has three children—Kari Dolan, 29, a teacher; Erik Knear, 27, a musician; and Jeni Meredith-Drissel, 23—by three different men.) "At the end of the year there wasn't enough money to pay taxes," she says. "I thought it was really an unfair system." So she started doing research. "I wanted to know the truth," she says. "I have a genius IQ," she claims, "and a hunger for knowledge."

Meredith drew conclusions about the tax system based on an unusual reading of the Constitution. In essence, she maintains that the 16th Amendment, ratified in 1913—which begins, "Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes..."—has nothing to do with direct taxation of private earnings. She insists that the amendment was meant to apply to local, state and federal government workers. The trouble is that every mainstream tax expert disputes her claim. "She is a modern snake-oil saleswoman," says Gordon L. Klein, an authority on tax issues at UCLA's Anderson School of Management. "I group her with psychics and the Easter Bunny."

Nonetheless, Meredith was able to build up an impressive financial empire. In 1991 she started her company, We the People, and began traveling the country sharing her insights—for a price. She charged $50 a head for seminars and wrote and self-published three books, including Vultures in Eagles' Clothing, which she claims sold 100,000 copies at a cover price of $39.95. Her company also sold something called a "pure trust organization," which supposedly shielded income and property from tax collection, at $500 apiece. The IRS has called the trusts a tax dodge, and estimates that between 1994 and 2000 Meredith raked in $6 million from her ventures. When asked whether she failed to pay taxes on that or any other income, as the IRS contends, Meredith turns coy, saying, "I have paid all the taxes that I'm legally required to file."

In July 1998 the IRS moved to investigate Meredith. She claims in a lawsuit that federal agents kicked in the front door of her home and brandished guns at her, a charge the agency denies. In any event, she kept on operating We the People until last year, when she and six associates were arrested—on April 15, of course.

Now out on $500,000 bond and required to wear an ankle monitor, Meredith spends much of her time in her apartment, which is decorated in red, white and blue and filled with quaint items of Americana such as a Wurlitzer jukebox. "She hasn't done anything wrong," says daughter Jeni. Although she is facing a possible 85 years in prison if convicted on all charges, Meredith continues to believe that she can play a key role in a complete overhaul of the tax laws. "I want them to have a tax system that's fair, just and constitutional, one that people will want to pay," she says. "I'd sell everything I have to stand in line to pay that tax."

Bill Hewitt
Lyndon Stambler in Sunset Beach

Fortis in Arduis
03-13-2009, 03:08 PM
I was going to say:

In other words, Obama will gladly starve Americans so that Israel is not harmed by the world financial crisis. I want someone to explain to me what this "special relationship" with Israel really is that our government will gladly increase the suffering of the American people so that Israel is protected from the economic crisis that is causing the rest of the world to lower their expectations Does Israel have a nuclear weapon hidden in DC? Because short of that, I just don't get why our entire government grovels before Tel Aviv.

I just do not get it.

The Israeli politicians who accept this foreign aid are all traitors to Israel.

The US administration buys political influence and arms contracts with this money.

The US admin and their backers want Israel as their proxy in the Middle East.

It comes at a price:

Israel should have knocked out Iran nuclear reactors by now. They asked Bush if they could, he said, 'no'.

The money is about 5% of the Israeli budget, so they could easily manage without it too.

ReichGirl
03-15-2009, 01:30 AM
The money is about 5% of the Israeli budget, so they could easily manage without it too.

Oh in that case UK can start propping up that terrorist state known as israel its only 5%..so you say :rolleyes:

RoyBatty
03-15-2009, 01:54 AM

I can't remember the specifics but there are a number of grants, "loans", packages etc etc etc which go Israel's way.

In practice it means that they get a lot of free money, much more than the amount mentioned in this article. Theoretically some of that money is in the shape of "loans" but in practice those loans will never be repaid.

It doesn't stop with the USA either. Germany is still being shaken down for billions more to buy weaponry and other purposes. They're running a handy racket.

RoyBatty
03-15-2009, 01:57 AM

Check out Aaron Russo's "From Freedom To Fascism", it deals with the topics of Income Tax, the Fed and so forth.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1656880303867390173