PDA

View Full Version : China's exports in sharp decline - World demand for crap plummets

ReichGirl
03-12-2009, 11:10 PM
BBC News Chinese exports plunged by more than a quarter in February from a year ago as the world's third-largest economy was hit by a drop in demand for its goods.

Exports dropped by 25.7% to $64.9bn (£47.3bn) compared with the same month a year earlier, while imports fell by 24.1% to $60.1bn, figures showed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7936528.stm

coldielox
03-12-2009, 11:12 PM
FUCK CHINA

im sorry, but srsly...
and dude, their tryin to poison our children...
I can not believe we wont even look in the direction of CUba, yet China is our #1 import/export trader...
as i said before FUCK CHINA

Solwyn
03-12-2009, 11:37 PM
BBC News Chinese exports plunged by more than a quarter in February from a year ago as the world's third-largest economy was hit by a drop in demand for its goods.

Exports dropped by 25.7% to $64.9bn (£47.3bn) compared with the same month a year earlier, while imports fell by 24.1% to $60.1bn, figures showed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7936528.stm

Yaaaaaaay!!!!! One thing that gets me is that here we are in the middle of a global recession and we've got factories and mills that have been gathering dust since the 80s. Instead of buying garbage from China, especially in light of all the problems with poisons in food, paint, toys, etc, over the last few years, why not reopen our own infrastructure to start supplying ourselves with goods again?

We developed a disposable mentality when we became dependent upon their crap. When things were Canadian made (or American made...or English made....basically when we did for ourselves) items were built to last and we paid for quality. Case in point, a quick glance through my tool kit at work: I had a foot file that had "Union Made In Canada" stamped on it, and it lasted me for about ten years. I still have my German made nippers and rasps. The tools that I got, which came from Asian countries (and Mexico, BTW - I won't just pick on the Asian manufacturers) have all rusted, fallen to bits, and generally could not stand up to the use that I put them through - but then, you get what you pay for. I paid ten times as much for my other tools, but I only had to pay once, and they're still kicking.

I would rather see us employed in our own countries again, reopening these manufacturing plants and paying a bit more for things, as opposed to going further into the hole with massive subsidies and becoming more welfare-minded.

The Lawspeaker
03-12-2009, 11:39 PM
Premier Wen Jiabao has announced a target of 8% growth for China's economy in 2009, but many analysts believe the figure will be closer to 5%. <!-- E BO --> I wonder what they are complaining about ? 5 % percent growth against a shrinking economy (some predict that we might loose 5 %) here in Europe isn't so bad after all. Although I have heard theories that they will have to make 8% if they want to avoid social unrest but that is completely their problem and not ours.

And when I am looking at the size of the population and their industriousness I think that China is far from real economic trouble.. they can grow all the way up even without being involved in international trade because of the size of their population and their industriousness and if it wasn't for communism exactly that would happen.

Lenny
03-13-2009, 12:38 AM
China's exports in sharp decline - World demand for crap plummets

LOL :lmao

Jägerstaffel
03-13-2009, 12:43 AM
FUCK CHINA

im sorry, but srsly...
and dude, their tryin to poison our children...
I can not believe we wont even look in the direction of CUba, yet China is our #1 import/export trader...
as i said before FUCK CHINA

You don't think it was some scheme by all of China to poison us evil Westerners do you?

I tend to think that it was just a bunch of corner-cutting managers and (the few that knew the truth about the products they created) terrified of losing their job/rank in society factoryworkers.

Didn't Chinese children die as well?

coldielox
03-13-2009, 01:48 AM
they dont care if their own die.. i mean they have force able abortions for petes sake

Lady L
03-13-2009, 02:52 AM
they dont care if their own die.. i mean they have force able abortions for petes sake

:rolleyes: