PDA

View Full Version : What Egyptian users think about Greek rule of the country?

MinervaItalica
06-26-2019, 06:42 PM
Following the conquest of Alexander the Great and the formation of the Ptolemaic Kingdom.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a5/Ptolemaic-Empire_200bc.jpg

Apart for the Ancient Kingdom periods what is (according to you) the best period of Egypt?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2yZ9CrP3Gw

Egyptian
07-10-2019, 10:24 AM
We weren't alive to know, plus conquest is a conquest, foreigners in our country.

Pulsa Dinura
07-11-2019, 01:25 AM
We weren't alive to know, plus conquest is a conquest, foreigners in our country.
Wasn’t Amr ibn al-As also a foreign conqueror who came with a foreign language and a foreign religion?

Jacques de Imbelloni
07-11-2019, 01:40 AM
They are brain wash by their islamic education, they believe that everything before the arab invasion was a useless age of ignorance.
They barely know anything about ancient egypt.

wvwvw
07-11-2019, 01:50 AM
The Greek presence in Egypt did not start with the Ptolemies. The Greeks were the only foreigners that were actually *invited* to live in Egypt by Psamtic I who gave them cities and land 300 years before Alexander. Alexander himself were descended from the Pharaohs themselves. The Hyksos kings were Greek and Phoenician kings and some dynasties were of Greek origin. That is why Egyptians told Alexander that he was descended of Pharaos and worshipped him as God.

Egyptians like Manetho and Apion profited equally from the prosperity brought by the Greeks because all of the Egyptian aristocracy and priesthood were given the same rights as they had under any native Egyptian Pharaoh. The Greek Ptolemaic Dynasty was the longest lasting and most successful in Egyptian history.

The Byzantines also were indigenous to Egypt. They were the decedents of the Ancient Egyptians and the Greek colonists that had been invited by Psamtic and the troops that liberated Egypt from Persian occupation with the full backing of the Egyptian priesthood which considered Alexander to be a God.

wvwvw
07-11-2019, 02:09 AM
The Muslims invaded Egypt and began massacring Egyptians and the Byzantine Christians. 100% of Egypt’s population was Christian in 600 A.D. Those that survived were enslaved. The same happed in Syria and everywhere the Muslims went. Noone invited the Muslims and nobody wanted to be converted. Islam was a militaristic religion and it made converts by force. They never wanted peace because the main tenet of Islam was either submit or die where as that of everyone else was Freedom or Death. The Muslim practice of inflicting conditions such as to destroy in whole or in part an ethnic or religious group, i.e. Egyptians, Palestinians and Christians is defined as genocide.

billErobreren
07-11-2019, 03:11 AM
Wait...We've got Egyptian users? Well, ya learn something new everyday.

Armenian Bishop
07-11-2019, 03:12 AM
They are brain wash by their islamic education, they believe that everything before the arab invasion was a useless age of ignorance.
They barely know anything about ancient egypt.

I agree, but your English is wrong: "Brain Wash" isn't the correct way to write it, because it's a compound word; brainwash is the correct way to write it.

Adamastor
07-11-2019, 03:43 AM
In Egypt and many Islamic countries they believe that before the Arab invasions they were already Arabs :lol:

I remember reading an article about that, they teach about Ancient Egypt and other ancient civilizations in these places, but they say they were Arabs or somehow related to Arabs.

JustAnAtheist
07-11-2019, 03:49 AM
In Egypt and many Islamic countries they believe that before the Arab invasions they were already Arabs :lol:

I remember reading an article about that, they teach about Ancient Egypt and other ancient civilizations in these places, but they say they were Arabs or somehow related to Arabs.

Actually this is not totally wrong because most of people in Egypt are grandchild of Arabic settlers who came Egypt at Umayyad and Abbasid Era today, just the Coptic Christians have (more) pure Egyptian blood.

Adamastor
07-11-2019, 03:53 AM
Actually this is not totally wrong because most of people in Egypt are grandchild of Arabic settlers who came Egypt at Umayyad and Abbasid Era today, just the Coptic Christians have (more) pure Egyptian blood.

They still descend predominantly from Ancient Egyptians though.

Anyway my point was not about modern Egyptians, but about ''historians'' from Muslim countries claiming all ancient populations of Egypt and the Middle East as ''Arabs'' or related to Arabs.

Pulsa Dinura
07-11-2019, 04:06 AM
... most of people in Egypt are grandchild of Arabic settlers who came Egypt at Umayyad and Abbasid Era today, just the Coptic Christians have (more) pure Egyptian blood.
If it was true, can you differentiate a Copt and an Egyptian Muslim?

JustAnAtheist
07-11-2019, 04:08 AM
If it was true, can you differenciate between a Copt and an Egyptian Muslim?

There is just cultural differences.

Pulsa Dinura
07-11-2019, 04:14 AM
If it is just cultural, then they cannot be the grandchilds of Arab settlers.

Jacques de Imbelloni
07-11-2019, 04:15 AM
I agree, but your English is wrong: "Brain Wash" isn't the correct way to write it, because it's a compound word; brainwash is the correct way to write it.

"google translate" ruined my sentence, I use it to check for fails.

talombo
07-11-2019, 04:16 AM
23andme new beta results can differenciate between a Copt and an Egyptian Muslim

https://www.reddit.com/r/23andme/comments/c88sbp/updated_beta_coptic/
https://i.imgur.com/UTbWMpQ.jpg

JustAnAtheist
07-11-2019, 04:38 AM
If it is just cultural, then they cannot be the grandchilds of Arab settlers.

Christianity is the origin of these cultural differences. Arabic assimilation are really worked at Egypt and all North Africa, especially The Umayyad Caliphate settled Arabs everywhere. But this doesn't means all Egyptians are "the grandchildren of Arabic settlers". This means just a big population of Egyptians are Arabic originated.

Jacques de Imbelloni
07-11-2019, 05:12 AM

They believes that Akhenaten was a muslim.

Jacques de Imbelloni
07-11-2019, 05:15 AM

DNA analysis proves that Egyptians are not Arabs
After over 10 years of analyzing DNA samples from hundreds of people, the National Geographic Genographic Project (NGGP) surprisingly uncovered the fact that Egyptians are not Arabs as most of them believed.

The study presented graphs that show the global genetic makeup of nationals in each country. These help answer people's questions about ethnicity, race, and the overall origins of the human population.

As the graph below shows, only 17 percent of Egyptians are Arabs, while 68 percent of the indigenous population is from North Africa, four percent are from Jewish ancestry, three percent are of East African origins, another three percent from Asia Minor and three percent are South European.
https://egyptindependent.com/dna-analysis-proves-egyptians-are-not-arabs/

Viçwamitra
07-11-2019, 05:19 AM
both Egyptians and Arabs are and were Semitic people so genetic similarities are understandable.

Pulsa Dinura
07-11-2019, 07:32 AM
both Egyptians and Arabs are and were Semitic people so genetic similarities are understandable.
Semitic people do not exist, but Semitic speaking people.

both Egyptians and Arabs are and were Semitic people
Egyptians were Hamites until they became Semitized with the advent of Islam.

Tekken
07-11-2019, 07:47 AM
They were treated as White Aryan Gods, literally, which led to a long period of decadence until they were so inbred they could no longer stand.

Alexander56
08-07-2019, 10:46 PM
I live in Egypt
They do love Alexander the Great. the average Egyptian doesn't know that much about him but certainly, they don't see him as an invader. vice versa

Alexander56
08-07-2019, 10:49 PM
If it was true, can you differentiate a Copt and an Egyptian Muslim?

that's an impossible task.. lol