PDA

View Full Version : Proto Slavs? Globular amphora culture

Dick
06-29-2019, 09:27 PM
Well they weren’t indo-European but according to Gimbutas they were. From one of the papers they were about 60/40 EEF/WHG and all tested I2a.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8d/Map_Corded_Ware_culture-en.svg/800px-Map_Corded_Ware_culture-en.svg.png

Ayetooey
06-29-2019, 10:26 PM
I2a is true proto slavic marker; we assimilated R1a.

Ayetooey
06-29-2019, 10:29 PM
This page talks about the study you refer to. https://indo-european.eu/tag/globular-amphora

The results indicate that the Globular Amphora/Złota group individuals harbor ca. 30% western hunter-gatherer and 70% Neolithic farmer ancestry, but lack steppe ancestry.

The lack of a direct genetic connection of Corded Ware peoples with the Złota group despite their common “steppe-like traits” – shared with Yamna – reveals, once more, how the few “Yamna-like” traits of Corded Ware do not support a direct connection with Indo-Europeans, and are the result of the expansion of the so-called steppe package all over Europe, and particularly among cultures closely related to the Khvalynsk expansion, and later under the influence of expanding Yamna peoples.

The results from Książnice may support that early Corded Ware peoples were in close contact with GAC peoples in Lesser Poland during the complex period of GAC-Trypillia-CWC interactions, and especially close to the Złota group at the beginning of the 3rd millennium BC. Nevertheless, patrilineal clans of Złota apparently correspond to Globular Amphorae populations, with the only male sample available yet being within haplogroup I2a-L801, prevalent in GAC.

Dick
06-29-2019, 11:42 PM
This page talks about the study you refer to. https://indo-european.eu/tag/globular-amphora

The results indicate that the Globular Amphora/Złota group individuals harbor ca. 30% western hunter-gatherer and 70% Neolithic farmer ancestry, but lack steppe ancestry.

The lack of a direct genetic connection of Corded Ware peoples with the Złota group despite their common “steppe-like traits” – shared with Yamna – reveals, once more, how the few “Yamna-like” traits of Corded Ware do not support a direct connection with Indo-Europeans, and are the result of the expansion of the so-called steppe package all over Europe, and particularly among cultures closely related to the Khvalynsk expansion, and later under the influence of expanding Yamna peoples.

The results from Książnice may support that early Corded Ware peoples were in close contact with GAC peoples in Lesser Poland during the complex period of GAC-Trypillia-CWC interactions, and especially close to the Złota group at the beginning of the 3rd millennium BC. Nevertheless, patrilineal clans of Złota apparently correspond to Globular Amphorae populations, with the only male sample available yet being within haplogroup I2a-L801, prevalent in GAC.

Which component did davidski hide all that assimilated EEF in north slavs?

Unchained
06-29-2019, 11:57 PM
There isn't really a strong genetic continuity between them and the modern-day Slavs of that zone considering how the once dominant EEF/Neolithic ancestry is almost absent today.

MagnusDark
07-05-2019, 01:05 PM

I2a-L801 is also known as I2a2a3a. I2a1b's common relative with I2a2 is L460, which formed 22,700 years ago, and their common ancestor lived in 19000BC. How this has anything to do with Proto-Slavs makes little sense. Indo-Europeans themselves only go back only to the Bronze Age. Proto Slavs developed in the early to mid iron-age. Slavic is also Indo-European and wouldn't have been spoken by GAC.

I2a-L801 is near non-existent in Slavs. Even Greeks and Albanians get it(as well as L701). What's more, this clade found in GAC is near entirely western European today. Either Balkan folk with it got it from Germanic tribes, or from left overs of southern GAC.

Was I2a1b also found in GAC? if the only I2 was I2a2a, it can't possibly have anything to do with Proto-Slavs. Whatever ancestry may have been part of GAC that transferred to Slavs would be via proxy(women) then.

Blondie
07-05-2019, 01:50 PM
I2a is true proto slavic marker; we assimilated R1a.

You said 1 months ago, I2a cannot be proto-slavic.