PDA

View Full Version : What race/ethnicity would this boy be perceived/seen as in the USA and in Latin America?

Maguzanci
07-01-2019, 12:30 PM
http://i.imgur.com/8ydRhen.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/YewSbPa.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Tb20ZTb.jpg

renaissance12
07-01-2019, 12:36 PM
Black S.S.African... every where..

Maguzanci
07-01-2019, 12:37 PM
Pics are up.

Maguzanci
07-01-2019, 12:38 PM

Interesting.

Maguzanci
07-01-2019, 12:43 PM

Really?

Maintenance
07-01-2019, 12:44 PM
Indian , brown

Maguzanci
07-01-2019, 12:47 PM
Indian , brown

Ok. What about as Latino or Black mix multiracial?

renaissance12
07-01-2019, 12:47 PM
Indian , brown

Look at his hair

wvwvw
07-01-2019, 01:21 PM
Indian

Thracian
07-01-2019, 01:22 PM
Black

wisteria
07-01-2019, 01:34 PM
He doesn’t look quite black to me, but he looks like he could be possibly mixed. Latino black mix possible. Maybe Indian.

Reminds me a bit of Bruno Mars kind of confusion

PaleoEuropean
07-01-2019, 01:47 PM
Malaysian or some other Asian Islander. I don't think he can be confused for black, maybe Filipino.

Maguzanci
07-01-2019, 01:56 PM
More thoughts?

Unchained
07-01-2019, 01:59 PM
Not sure. Indian would be my guess.

Zeus
07-01-2019, 02:04 PM
indian

Maguzanci
07-01-2019, 02:10 PM
He doesn’t look quite black to me, but he looks like he could be possibly mixed. Latino black mix possible. Maybe Indian.

Reminds me a bit of Bruno Mars kind of confusion

Can also pass as Black Asian mix?

Yep he is Indian. But from an indigenous tribe called the Bonda.

I can see a bit to the Bruno Mars type of confusion.

Centurion
07-01-2019, 02:44 PM
Indian , brown

This.

Dark brown, but still brown.

Maguzanci
07-01-2019, 04:35 PM
Bump

Bruno
07-01-2019, 04:36 PM
In Brazil, he would be seen as black.

Cerberus1234
07-01-2019, 04:54 PM
Pardo or Brazilian native/white mix.

Maguzanci
07-01-2019, 05:34 PM
In Brazil, he would be seen as black.

Thanks. He is from India.

Westbrook
07-01-2019, 05:41 PM
Black or biracial

billErobreren
07-01-2019, 05:42 PM
Indian or Paki, there.

Maguzanci
07-01-2019, 06:20 PM
Black or biracial

What type of biracial? Black Asian mix or black latino mix?

Black Panther
07-01-2019, 06:23 PM
USA = Black
Latin America = Black or Pardo depending on the country.

farke1
07-01-2019, 06:34 PM
Probably pointless to even contribute now as you've revealed his ethnicity, but to me looks South Indian and I don't think he could pass anywhere else.

Duffmannn
07-01-2019, 06:37 PM
Black all around the world

TheWolf97
07-01-2019, 07:35 PM
Black guy, indian or Latino

Enviado desde mi SM-G920I mediante Tapatalk

Westbrook
07-01-2019, 07:59 PM
Black/white is the most common and what I would probably assume
What type of biracial? Black Asian mix or black latino mix?

Maguzanci
07-01-2019, 08:02 PM
Black/white is the most common and what I would probably assume

I see. Really? To me, I do not think he look like most half Black half White.

Tenma de Pegasus
07-01-2019, 08:17 PM
In Brazil, as we dont have people from India, he is black.

If I saw he on street I would note he is mostly african mixed with amerindian. But average persons would just call him "neguinho" which means little black.

Latinus
07-02-2019, 01:58 AM
Negro (black) or moreno (brown), I would say mainly the latter.

Enviado de meu SM-G610M usando o Tapatalk

Rhobot
07-02-2019, 04:00 AM
Where I live (in the Pacific Northwest) he would be recognized as South Asian.
He looks like an atypical South Indian or Bengali.

Maguzanci
07-02-2019, 04:38 AM
Where I live (in the Pacific Northwest) he would be recognized as South Asian.
He looks like an atypical South Indian or Bengali.

I see. Cannot pass as mixed race or Latino?

Maguzanci
07-02-2019, 04:39 AM
Negro (black) or moreno (brown), I would say mainly the latter.

Is Moreno mostly triracials?

Latinus
07-02-2019, 04:46 AM
Is Moreno mostly triracials?Not really, "moreno(a)" reffers to skintone mainly, so a brown skinned mestizo or an Indian will be perceived as "moreno(a)" just like a triracial "pardo(a)".
"Moreno(a)" can also reffer to a dark haired person, so even whites fit that category, it's an ambiguos term.

Rhobot
07-02-2019, 05:04 AM
He could, but that wouldn't be my first guess or most people's. He looks like an atypical South Asian.

Maguzanci
07-02-2019, 05:05 AM
Not really, "moreno(a)" reffers to skintone mainly, so a brown skinned mestizo or an Indian will be perceived as "moreno(a)" just like a triracial "pardo(a)".
"Moreno(a)" can also reffer to a dark haired person, so even whites fit that category, it's an ambiguos term.

Thanks.

In Brazil where is OP look the.most common? Can he pass as Black-Amerindian mix?

Rhobot
07-02-2019, 05:13 AM
I see. Cannot pass as mixed race or Latino?
He could, but that wouldn't be most people's first guess.

Maguzanci
07-02-2019, 05:20 AM
He could, but that wouldn't be most people's first guess.

There are a lot of South Asians in Pacific Northwest?

He is Indian but from an indigenous Austroasiatic tribe called the Bonda. I dont think his look is that common among Indians. So i think you are right with him looking atypical South Asians.

Thambi
07-02-2019, 06:00 AM
quite typical indian look, especially among south indians and some central non tribals.

Maguzanci
07-02-2019, 06:10 AM
quite typical indian look, especially among south indians and some central non tribals.

Would this look be found more among dalits and low caste than other castes?

Its interesting because he is from one of the most Eastern Eurasian and very AASI shifted genetically tribal group with the lowest Western genetic affinity in India aka the Bonda.

Sorry for my obsessions with the Bonda and Munda compared to other South Asians lol.

Thambi
07-02-2019, 06:25 AM
Would this look be found more among dalits and low caste than other castes?

Its interesting because he is from one of the most Eastern Eurasian and very AASI shifted genetically tribal group with the lowest Western genetic affinity in India aka the Bonda.

Sorry for my obsessions with the Bonda and Munda compared to other South Asians lol.

not really. many mid castes can also look like him actually but yes its probably more common among lower castes. btw sorry for nitpicking details like this lol but dalits and low castes are the same. They're called untouchables. Tribals are not part of the caste system. they're called 'adivasis' which translates to native of the subcontinent. they come under scheduled tribes of india.

Maguzanci
07-02-2019, 06:51 AM
not really. many mid castes can also look like him actually but yes its probably more common among lower castes. btw sorry for nitpicking details like this lol but dalits and low castes are the same. They're called untouchables. Tribals are not part of the caste system. they're called 'adivasis' which translates to native of the subcontinent. they come under scheduled tribes of india.
Can his look be found in Northern or Northwest India/Pakistan?

Does shudras also fall in Untouchable category?

Thanks for describing this fact.

I found it very interesting that OP could pass among South Indians and non-tribal Central Indians considering the fact thart he is genetically likely much more East Eurasian/Mongoloid shifted and have much much lower Western genetic affinity than them. Like South Indians and non-tribal Central Indians would be at least 40-50% or more Western Eurasian admixed while OP would likely have around 7-11% Western blood (based from Global 25 nmonte models) at most.

Xacal
07-02-2019, 08:00 AM
Mulatto

Adamastor
07-02-2019, 12:30 PM
Black.

Thambi
07-02-2019, 01:25 PM
Can his look be found in Northern or Northwest India/Pakistan?

Does shudras also fall in Untouchable category?

Thanks for describing this fact.

I found it very interesting that OP could pass among South Indians and non-tribal Central Indians considering the fact thar genetically likely much more East Eurasian/Mongoloid shifted and have much much lower Western genetic affinity than them. Like South Indians and non-tribal Central Indians would be at least 40-50% or more Western Eurasian admixed while OP would likely have around 7-11% Western blood (based from Global 25 nmonte models) at most.

Yes he can easily pass among lower caste in northern and nw india/pak. I think he passes best among chamars, kanjars, christians, etc in the northern region

Also shudras are not untouchable.

It goes like this
brahmins - priests
kshatriyas - kings/rulers (mostly rajputs)
vaishyas - (merchant/businessmen - banias, agrawals, goels, kayasthas, etc)
shudras - everyone else thats not dalit or part of the upper castes.
untouchables (dalits)

This four-five tier caste system is stronger in the north than south. In the south we just have brahmins, non brahmins, and dalits. non brahmins dont follow strictly kshatriya, shudra lineage since many castes have been both, in the north and south. Technically my caste is shudra. Reddy/velamas/kammas from andhra i mean. But they've also rose from shudra status to 'clean-shudras' given their political, ecnonomic, and ruling strength overtime. There was Reddy dynasty in the south and today Reddys are pretty much kshatriya like in status. Not just in the south but in the north its the same to an extent. Jats from punjab, patels from gujarat, yadavs and guptas from up/bihar, nairs from kerala, gowdas from karnataka, marathas from maharashtra, piramalais from tamil nadu, and many more today are 'clean shudras'. They've basically rose from lower status to upper status overtime.

Maguzanci
07-02-2019, 02:32 PM
Yes he can easily pass among lower caste in northern and nw india/pak. I think he passes best among chamars, kanjars, christians, etc in the northern region

It goes like this
brahmins - priests
untouchables (dalits)

This four-five tier caste system is stronger in the north than south. In the south we just have brahmins, non brahmins, and dalits. non brahmins dont follow strictly kshatriya, shudra lineage since many castes have been both, in the north and south. Technically my caste is shudra. Reddy/velamas/kammas from andhra i mean. But they've also rose from shudra status to 'clean-shudras' given their political, ecnonomic, and ruling strength overtime. There was Reddy dynasty in the south and today Reddys are pretty much kshatriya like in status. Not just in the south but in the north its the same to an extent. Jats from punjab, patels from gujarat, yadavs and guptas from up/bihar, nairs from kerala, gowdas from karnataka, marathas from maharashtra, piramalais from tamil nadu, and many more today are 'clean shudras'. They've basically rose from lower status to upper status overtime.

Very interesting. Never thought he could pass also in northern, nw india/pakistan. I think it shows that having heavy AASI is what makes an individual look phenotypically South Asian and being able to pass in many places rather than the amount of Caucasian/Western Eurasian blood. As in the case of OP who likely have very heavy AASI, significant Mongoloid and very little Western blood (based on the Global 25 models on the Bonda and other Mundas in general)

Thank you for the detailed description and elaboration. I find it interesting that Jats used to be lower caste.

Is it possible for Dalits to rose to higher status or are they stucked with that for life?

Maguzanci
07-02-2019, 02:33 PM

It goes like this
brahmins - priests
untouchables (dalits)

Very interesting. Never thought he could pass also in northern, nw india/pakistan. I think it shows that having heavy AASI is what makes an individual look phenotypically South Asian and being able to pass in many places rather than the amount of Caucasian/Western Eurasian blood. As in the case of OP who likely have very heavy AASI, significant Mongoloid and very little Western blood (based on the Global 25 models on the Bonda and other Mundas in general)

Thank you for the detailed description and elaboration. I find it interesting that Jats used to be lower caste.

Is it possible for Dalits to rose to higher status or are they stucked with that for life?

Rhobot
07-03-2019, 03:15 AM
There are a lot of South Asians in Pacific Northwest?

He is Indian but from an indigenous Austroasiatic tribe called the Bonda. I dont think his look is that common among Indians. So i think you are right with him looking atypical South Asians.

Yes there are a lot of South Asians here.

Carlito's Way
07-03-2019, 05:02 AM
looks and passes as a zambo

Maguzanci
07-04-2019, 09:28 PM
looks and passes as a zambo

How typical is his look among Afro Mexicans? Pass easiest in Guerrero, Veracruz?

He is from India btw but from an Austroasiatic indigenous tribe.

Annie999
07-04-2019, 10:03 PM
He would be concidered Black in Uruguay (South America)

Carlito's Way
07-06-2019, 05:52 AM
How typical is his look among Afro Mexicans? Pass easiest in Guerrero, Veracruz?

He is from India btw but from an Austroasiatic indigenous tribe.

he passes better in Guerrero
not so much in Veracruz

the blacks in Veracruz look a bit different from him