PDA

View Full Version : YouTube bans using word 'Christian' in targeted ads

Loki
07-29-2019, 03:47 PM
https://www.premier.org.uk/News/World/YouTube-bans-using-word-Christian-in-targeted-ads

Fri 26 Jul 2019
By Heather Preston

The founder of a Christian war veteran recovery programme had his ad rejected from YouTube for using the keyword 'Christian'.

Chad Robichaux, founder of the Mighty Oaks Foundation - a charity providing support and discipleship to those suffering from wartime trauma, was told he could not use the label 'Christian' to boost his advert on the Google owned platform as it violated the site's advertising policy.

Mr Robichaux posted about the incident on twitter, claiming not allowing the word Christian was discriminating:

"We ran a YouTube ad for our veterans ministry outreach for those in need & it was denied for the word "Christian". Insane! #Censorship should terrify every American; conservative or liberal, Christian or Muslim. This bias is a dangerous course for America."

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EAK-dXbU4AE7gyd?format=jpg&name=small

The YouTube team responded to Mr Robichaux's tweets, maintaining that targeting users based on their religion was in breach of their advertising policy but that adverts can include the term 'Christian' in them and still hope to reach a Christian audience.

"We know that religious beliefs are personal, so we don't allow advertisers to target users on the basis of religion. Beyond that, we don't have policies against advertising that includes religious terms like "Christian".

Mr Robichaux has called out the tech giant for religious discrimination, saying that he posted the same ad with a target label of 'Muslim' and was not asked to take it down.

"We ran the exact same ad with the keyword "Muslim" & it was approved but "Christian" was not. Additionally, we've ran ads with the keyword "Christian" for years. This year alone we had 150,000 impressions on that word in our ads. As per your support line this is a new restriction"

After speaking with Google's help desk, Mr Robichaux was told the policy was new.

Google has yet to comment publicly on the matter.

Ülev
07-29-2019, 03:49 PM
:picard2:

Satem
07-29-2019, 04:10 PM
At the same time word Muslim isn't banned. What an irony

PaleoEuropean
07-30-2019, 10:32 AM
Google and Youtube should be banned

Chelubey
07-30-2019, 11:37 AM
Do not abuse the concept of censorship. Google and YouTube are private companies. Censorship exists, for example, in Russia, where 80% of Apricity users could have received a prison sentence or a large fine for their saying or even repost and post "like".

Creoda
07-30-2019, 11:54 AM
Do not abuse the concept of censorship. Google and YouTube are private companies. Censorship exists, for example, in Russia, where 80% of Apricity users could have received a prison sentence or a large fine for their saying or even repost and post "like".
It's far worse than anything in Russia.

Chelubey
07-30-2019, 11:59 AM
It's far worse than anything in Russia.

?

https://otr-online.ru/news/rossiyu-vpervye-za-sem-let-vklyuchili-v-spisok-stran-gde-presleduyut-hristian-118504.html

Viridian1
07-30-2019, 12:04 PM
Youtube has become lefist bigoted. They started blocking comments and now they follow their censorship. I hope soon there will be more competition from other services.

Chelubey
07-30-2019, 12:14 PM
https://www.dw.com/ru/%D0%B7%D0%B0%D0%BB%D0%BE%D0%B6%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%BA%D 0%B8-%D0%B4%D0%BD%D1%80-%D0%B8-%D0%BB%D0%BD%D1%80-%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B3%D0%BE-%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%B5%D1%81%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%B4%D1%83%D 1%8E%D1%82-%D1%81%D0%B5%D0%BF%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%B8%D 1%81%D1%82%D1%8B-%D0%B2-%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%B1%D0%B0%D1%81%D1%81%D0%B5/a-47543758-0
google translator:

"Wrong" Faith

Among those who are constantly under pressure from the pro-Russian separatists in the Donbass are numerous Protestant religious organizations. As Krasimir Yankov from Amnesty International told Krasimir Yankov (DW), the activities of religious communities that do not belong to the "dominant church" are being curtailed in the region. Pro-Russian separatists call themselves "the Orthodox army", and followers of various areas of Protestantism - extremists, sectarians, US spies or OSCE spies.

Since the outbreak of hostilities in the Donbass, Jehovah's Witnesses, the Transfiguration Church, the Christ is the Answer Church, the Good News, and many others have complained about the persecution of separatists. Representatives of these religious communities who left the uncontrolled territories talk about the attacks and detentions of pastors of their communities and the confiscation of property. In Donetsk, the separatists took away a Mormon building built at the expense of the community, and placed a local registry office there.

itilvolga
07-30-2019, 12:25 PM
That’s hard to believe. It should be protested.

El_Abominacion
07-30-2019, 01:05 PM
Clown world! Fuck Youtube

gıulıoımpa
07-30-2019, 01:09 PM
too much power in the hands of a few people. that is the big corporation internet . they are more powerful than states at this point. it's definetively something to ponder about.

Loki
07-30-2019, 06:38 PM
https://www.dw.com/ru/%D0%B7%D0%B0%D0%BB%D0%BE%D0%B6%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%BA%D 0%B8-%D0%B4%D0%BD%D1%80-%D0%B8-%D0%BB%D0%BD%D1%80-%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B3%D0%BE-%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%B5%D1%81%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%B4%D1%83%D 1%8E%D1%82-%D1%81%D0%B5%D0%BF%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%B8%D 1%81%D1%82%D1%8B-%D0%B2-%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%B1%D0%B0%D1%81%D1%81%D0%B5/a-47543758-0
google translator:

This thread is not about Russia. What happens in Russia does not trivialize censorship in the West. Make another thread about cases in Russia if you want. But don't hijack this thread.

Zeus
07-30-2019, 06:51 PM
religion is a personal matter and so they don't want targeted religious ads on their site. in an ideal world, I'd rather religion be kept a private matter and never discussed in public, so im sympathetic. but ofcourse we should have freedom of speech and religion so people should be able to have these types of ads if they want

Armenian Bishop
07-30-2019, 07:03 PM
Very disappointing to see a youtube alliance with Islam, and at the same time they have forbidden Christianity a place for philanthropic advertisements. They should pursue court actions for discrimination, and take it to the Supreme Court if necessary.

Loki
07-30-2019, 10:15 PM
religion is a personal matter and so they don't want targeted religious ads on their site. in an ideal world, I'd rather religion be kept a private matter and never discussed in public, so im sympathetic. but ofcourse we should have freedom of speech and religion so people should be able to have these types of ads if they want

Poor excuse, the real reason is because they are blatantly anti-Christian. That can be gathered from their other actions against Christian content and users too.

Spanish Retribution
09-14-2019, 02:23 AM
YouTube is a deSPICable platform that caters to Islam and progressives. To hell with that shite

Loki
09-14-2019, 02:30 AM

You're part of the problem (atheists).

jingorex
09-14-2019, 02:34 AM

nah brother.

they are good marketing for you.

no matter how much i might hold religion in contempt, i always end up hating atheists more.

Spanish Retribution
09-14-2019, 02:48 AM

They are, aren't they? Atheism, along with secularism and libtardism, are some of the worst beliefs ever created

Zeus
09-14-2019, 03:08 AM
They are, aren't they? Atheism, along with secularism and libtardism, are some of the worst beliefs ever created

Secularlism is an ideology whose proponents believe in seperation of church and state and freedom of religion. The counter to secularlism is theocracy. A theocracy would be rule by a religion, a system similar to sharia law in Saudi Arabia or Iran. A system which gives preference to a certain religion and penalizes those who don’t believe in said religion. I’m assumimg you just don’t know what secularism is so I’m here to educate you.

Atheism is just a lack of belief in god or religion. Remember that there is actually no evidence for any religion, so agnostics and atheists usually say that they don’t believe in god due to the lack of evidence.

How are these the “the worst beliefs ever created” lol.

1R0N M4N XL
09-14-2019, 03:12 AM
they are going to fine churches that wont marry gays. its already happening..

you cant call trannys he or she.

male and female are in the same bathroom now in the new bathrooms being built

Zeus
09-14-2019, 03:16 AM

What’s the problem lol? I’m a secularist to my core so my religious beliefs should be irrelevant. I would never force my beliefs on others by law in some kind of enforced atheist state and I would never have government giving preference to atheism at all - I just want there to be a seperation of church and state where the government gives zero preference to religion or lack thereof and government should hardly even acknowledge the religious debate or be involved in it whatsoever. That’s secularism for you. Very radical? I don’t think so lol.

I’m an atheist simply because I don’t currently believe in god since there is no evidence for one existing.i don’t know for sure whether god exists or not, therefore I’m partially an agnostic, but as of now I don’t believe in any gods since there is not currently any evidence. Once the scientific consensus with a decent level of empirical evidence comes out proving god I’ll gladly change my mind, but until then sorry.

jingorex
09-14-2019, 03:20 AM

the world is upside down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WlbQRoz3o4

Kamal900
09-14-2019, 07:17 AM
The CEO of Youtube is a Jewess, so it's quite obvious that they don't like Christianity.

Benyzero
09-14-2019, 07:59 AM

call me a fine filippina shemale brah

coolfrenchguy
09-14-2019, 08:22 PM
What’s the problem lol? I’m a secularist to my core so my religious beliefs should be irrelevant. I would never force my beliefs on others by law in some kind of enforced atheist state and I would never have government giving preference to atheism at all - I just want there to be a seperation of church and state where the government gives zero preference to religion or lack thereof and government should hardly even acknowledge the religious debate or be involved in it whatsoever. That’s secularism for you. Very radical? I don’t think so lol.

I’m an atheist simply because I don’t currently believe in god since there is no evidence for one existing.i don’t know for sure whether god exists or not, therefore I’m partially an agnostic, but as of now I don’t believe in any gods since there is not currently any evidence. Once the scientific consensus with a decent level of empirical evidence comes out proving god I’ll gladly change my mind, but until then sorry.

yes we did that in france in 1905,it's laicity,france is a republican laical state,it doesn't mean than we are unreligious,it's mean than you could been atheist,jewish,christian or buddhist,because i don't consider islam having his place in europe ,i have even a jewish orthodox family in my neighbour area,they don't bother me at all, until they do proselitysm but in a larger way it's not like that they acting,i'am baptised but since more over 20 years and getting older i have a clear cut and aversion with the roman catholic "sect"
but i'am tolerant ,but not with these fucking brainwashed watchtower jehova's witnesses,damn how they could bothering you at ringing at your door,i 'am very unfriendly with all the so called biblic american sects,like the LDJ church,mormons,amishes,watchtower etc for me they are not better than the temple of the solar order ,with physical abuse on kids,when it's not sexual,degenerate consanguineous retarded kids etc...

i'am not completly atheist i have other theories than the almighty power,but religion gave good things like "you should not to kill" on that principle i'am pretty ok with that
or "you shouldn't commit adultery" it's fit my ethics and values,i'am more near of the stoicism/taoism/buddhism and aretaic ethics
USA was build by biblical racists,and now they still bible eaters,yeah because in the US it's at a point than a fucked up priest,want forbid "harry potter" from his school because it's satanic,seriously harry potter,maybe for marylin manson ,but harry potter,it's ridiculous,why not the burton's movies while we are,it's always disproportionnated

but youtube should more attentive with racial hate propaganda,especially anti-white,than forbidden ads and words christian oriented

the level of google/youtube have clearly fallen since some few months,there algorythm sucks completly,i use yandex the russian search engine and the first way before google,google was fine at the beginning until the middle of the 2010's,but now it's very crappy
altenative to google : yandex,duckduckgo,start page,even bing when you need it but knowing been watched by NSA don't make smile at all

Loki
09-15-2019, 12:17 PM
nah brother.

they are good marketing for you.

no matter how much i might hold religion in contempt, i always end up hating atheists more.

We don't care about the world's opinion. In fact, if the world has a favourable opinion of us, we must be doing something wrong :)

John 15:18-25

18 “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.

Loki
09-15-2019, 12:24 PM
Secularlism is an ideology whose proponents believe in seperation of church and state and freedom of religion. The counter to secularlism is theocracy. A theocracy would be rule by a religion, a system similar to sharia law in Saudi Arabia or Iran. A system which gives preference to a certain religion and penalizes those who don’t believe in said religion. I’m assumimg you just don’t know what secularism is so I’m here to educate you.

Atheism is just a lack of belief in god or religion. Remember that there is actually no evidence for any religion, so agnostics and atheists usually say that they don’t believe in god due to the lack of evidence.

How are these the “the worst beliefs ever created” lol.

That's a load of nonsense, sorry. Secularists and atheists don't accept Jesus, not due to "lack of evidence", but because they have made a decision not to accept him. It is their choice. And yes, they will bear the consequences of their choices one day, as we all will.

This "secular world" that you so champion is actually founded upon Christian morals and principles. But most people don't realise this. Without Christian morality, degeneracy sets in, quite abruptly actually, as we are currently witnessing in the almost post-Christian Western world. It is sad to behold. Its only saving grace is that there is still a substantial Christian population, however small a percentage.

Loki
09-15-2019, 12:27 PM
The CEO of Youtube is a Jewess, so it's quite obvious that they don't like Christianity.

Yes that is quite obvious. Same goes for Google...

Loki
09-15-2019, 12:30 PM

No, you are an atheist because you don't want to believe in God, not because there is no evidence. There is plenty of evidence if you cared to investigate... ultimately it's a decision you make from the heart. But I would urge you to seriously reconsider, for the time is getting short. And there won't be any second chances.

The Lawspeaker
09-15-2019, 12:36 PM
Something tells me that Youtube will no longer exist in five years.