PDA

View Full Version : How much does ethnicity influences height?

Quiro_Brianza
07-30-2019, 12:31 AM
I also know that diet and health are important for getting taller, but I don’t have so much idea at how much ethnicity matters in what is your height.
When I tell some of my euro friends my nationality (Mexico), they always tell me that I am so tall for being of my country (My height is 1.84 m), even that I don’t look like people of my country, and I always get confused why they think that.
Greetings

Quiro_Brianza
07-30-2019, 12:31 AM
:)

RenaRyuguu
07-30-2019, 12:34 AM
It's mostly your proportions and diet. I used to be a long legged midget at the age of 13 because I ate nothing. I was only 5'4. But then I went on yahoo answers and it said to drink calcium so I would drink 12 chocolate milks a day because I hated the taste of milk and then I grew to like a solid 5'7 which I am satisfied with. I don't wanna be any taller

Zroota
07-30-2019, 01:10 AM
It's mostly your proportions and diet. I used to be a long legged midget at the age of 13 because I ate nothing. I was only 5'4. But then I went on yahoo answers and it said to drink calcium so I would drink 12 chocolate milks a day because I hated the taste of milk and then I grew to like a solid 5'7 which I am satisfied with. I don't wanna be any taller
I believe your genetics was a factor for your current height of 5'7. Diet may play a role, but it isn't the main cause. So maybe without drinking calcium your final height would have been 5'6.

Not to mention, 5'4 is hardly a 'midget' for a 13 year old girl. 13 year old girls in my school ranged between 4'10 and 5'2 feet at best. Guys weren't any taller at 13 as well. But maybe for Slavs it's a different story?

chociprasa
07-30-2019, 01:12 AM
Genes influence height. About 80% of your height is determined by genes and the rest is determined by your diet etc.

Dick
07-30-2019, 01:16 AM

rofl

Enr1989
07-30-2019, 01:21 AM
All the Dutchies I met are literally giants even compare to their German neighbors don't know if they have a different diet or just genetic

Quiro_Brianza
07-30-2019, 01:26 AM

5”4’ is not short, in fact it is a bit above average.
Greetings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chociprasa
07-30-2019, 01:29 AM
All the Dutchies I met are literally giants even compare to their German neighbors don't know if they have a different diet or just genetic

People in Hamburg were taller than they were in Amsterdam.

Lousianaboy
07-30-2019, 01:29 AM
Im 16 years old, 5.7 (1.70 cm) German/Hungarian jew origin, the average in the german side is 1.75 cm and in the hungarian is 1.70 cm

Quiro_Brianza
07-30-2019, 01:31 AM
Genes influence height. About 80% of your height is determined by genes and the rest is determined by your diet etc.

Interesting, I always wonder why Dutch genetics make them so tall.
Also, I kind of wonder why people believe that my height is outside of the norm for people of my country, maybe is just some significant Spanish heritage.

itilvolga
07-30-2019, 01:32 AM
I would say 50% genetics and 50% diet and activity (especially sportive).

Quiro_Brianza
07-30-2019, 01:32 AM

They are a bit tall but not by much according to some sources of average height by country. Greetings [emoji1303]

Enr1989
07-30-2019, 01:34 AM
People in Hamburg were taller than they were in Amsterdam.

Maybe in the past, today no way

farke1
07-30-2019, 01:34 AM
I don't think ethnicity influences height at all. As others have said it's largely genes, and then sometimes external factors like diet/sleeping patterns/injuries or strains due to sports etc. - I've heard what you ate as a baby plays a large role, although I'm not sure how true that is.

Lousianaboy
07-30-2019, 01:36 AM
Im a short height guy thin but with natural muscles like a statue and i dont play sport or activities i just play chess and post here and like i said im 5.7 (1.70) like my hungarian side although the egrman side is also short

MS85
07-30-2019, 01:38 AM
I'm 178cm. Both my father and my brother are taller than me. Also my cousins and my uncles. I think the reason for that is because of preterm birth. I came to this world to troll my parents few weeks earlier my folks expected.

Quiro_Brianza
07-30-2019, 02:14 AM
I don't think ethnicity influences height at all. As others have said it's largely genes, and then sometimes external factors like diet/sleeping patterns/injuries or strains due to sports etc. - I've heard what you ate as a baby plays a large role, although I'm not sure how true that is.

It does makes sense, I didn’t know it was more complicated

Quiro_Brianza
07-30-2019, 02:14 AM
I believe your genetics was a factor for your current height of 5'7. Diet may play a role, but it isn't the main cause. So maybe without drinking calcium your final height would have been 5'6.

Not to mention, 5'4 is hardly a 'midget' for a 13 year old girl. 13 year old girls in my school ranged between 4'10 and 5'2 feet at best. Guys weren't any taller at 13 as well. But maybe for Slavs it's a different story?

5’4 is not very short [emoji54]

Quiro_Brianza
07-30-2019, 02:16 AM

[emoji848] interesting

Quiro_Brianza
07-30-2019, 02:17 AM
Im 16 years old, 5.7 (1.70 cm) German/Hungarian jew origin, the average in the german side is 1.75 cm and in the hungarian is 1.70 cm

You definitely will reach above the average [emoji2107]

Quiro_Brianza
07-30-2019, 02:18 AM
I'm 178cm. Both my father and my brother are taller than me. Also my cousins and my uncles. I think the reason for that is because of preterm birth. I came to this world to troll my parents few weeks earlier my folks expected.

Yes, also one of my cousins was born early and she is shorter than her sister.

TheOldNorth
07-30-2019, 02:19 AM
probably, although when people asked my mother why her children where so big, she said they eats beans (also both my grandfathers and my father are above 6'3")

Quiro_Brianza
07-30-2019, 02:21 AM
probably, although when people asked my mother why her children where so big, she said they eats beans (also both my grandfathers and my father are above 6'3")

Beans have a lot of protein [emoji848]. It makes sense, also eating a lot of meat I believe makes you get your maximum height. Greetings

Zroota
07-30-2019, 02:23 AM
Im a short height guy thin but with natural muscles like a statue and i dont play sport or activities i just play chess and post here and like i said im 5.7 (1.70) like my hungarian side although the egrman side is also short
You're average. 170cm is only "short" for Hollywood, Dutch or Slavic standards.

MS85
07-30-2019, 02:27 AM
Yes, also one of my cousins was born early and she is shorter than her sister.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIs she also smart? It is better to be smart than tall. A lot genius people are born to early.

Btw, I was born few weeks to early and almost died. Maybe because my mothers blood type is 0- and my fathers A+.

New study says that premature babies are smarter: https://www.fsnursing.com/new-study-says-premature-babies-smarter/

Premature Birth and Giftedness: https://www.verywellfamily.com/premature-birth-and-giftedness-1449377

Quiro_Brianza
07-30-2019, 02:56 AM
Is she also smart? It is better to be smart than tall. A lot genius people are born to early.

Btw, I was born few weeks to early and almost died. Maybe because my mothers blood type is 0- and my fathers A+.

New study says that premature babies are smarter: https://www.fsnursing.com/new-study-says-premature-babies-smarter/

Premature Birth and Giftedness: https://www.verywellfamily.com/premature-birth-and-giftedness-1449377

Well, I don’t know her IQ test score and we don’t share a lot of time so I am not sure about it. It’s interesting this information that you shared me [emoji847]

Westbrook
07-30-2019, 02:58 AM
Because the average Mexican is like a Homunculus compared to Americans or Europeans
Interesting, I always wonder why Dutch genetics make them so tall.
Also, I kind of wonder why people believe that my height is outside of the norm for people of my country, maybe is just some significant Spanish heritage.

nittionia
07-30-2019, 03:01 AM
i think it really depends

Quiro_Brianza
07-30-2019, 03:03 AM
Because the average Mexican is like a Homunculus compared to Americans or Europeans

Well the majority of Europeans and Canadians that I know are a bit shorter than me, just one guy is taller. People in some parts of north Mexico are on average similar to souther Europeans on height (not that short, take into account that we eat a lot of proteins, just look at carne asada [emoji3060]). Saludos amigo [emoji1689]

Westbrook
07-30-2019, 03:08 AM
I legitimately can't tell if this is a serious account or not
Well the majority of Europeans and Canadians that I know are a bit shorter than me, just one guy is taller. People in some parts of north Mexico are on average similar to souther Europeans on height (not that short, take into account that we eat a lot of proteins, just look at carne asada [emoji3060]). Saludos amigo [emoji1689]

Quiro_Brianza
07-30-2019, 03:12 AM
I legitimately can't tell if this is a serious account or not

http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/average-height-by-country/

Look at these source the average heights by countries, what I tell you is real about some parts in the north (like Monterrey), take into account that I don’t know a lot of euro people, saludos and don’t get mad I am starting in this [emoji1303]

Lousianaboy
07-30-2019, 03:41 AM
The average mexican is 1.75-1.80 but very fat and short legs with long body, and the gatnd part have round faces with eyes loike the chineses, the mexicnas from the east can resemble the northamericans indians

El_Abominacion
07-30-2019, 04:07 AM
it’s vastly genetic and yes ethnicity does have an influence

Quiro_Brianza
07-30-2019, 04:11 AM
The average mexican is 1.75-1.80 but very fat and short legs with long body, and the gatnd part have round faces with eyes loike the chineses, the mexicnas from the east can resemble the northamericans indians

I don’t think the average is 1.75/1.80, is more like 1.72. Well I am not sure about the round faces and the fatness, well México and USA are almost similar in levels of overweight (not as bad as Nauru), the Chinese eyes I am not sure, native Americans are different among regions, this is me. Do I have Chinese eyes?

https://uploads.Tapatalk-cdn.com/20190730/3ac6b2c8b3485cca449fc43a395f9a1f.jpg

Lousianaboy
07-30-2019, 04:13 AM
I don’t think the average is 1.75/1.80, is more like 1.72. Well I am not sure about the round faces and the fatness, well México and USA are almost similar in levels of overweight (not as bad as Nauru), the Chinese eyes I am not sure, native Americans are different among regions, this is me. Do I have Chinese eyes?

https://uploads.Tapatalk-cdn.com/20190730/3ac6b2c8b3485cca449fc43a395f9a1f.jpg

You look atrongly iberian influenced with central mexican

Quiro_Brianza
07-30-2019, 04:21 AM
You look atrongly iberian influenced with central mexican

You are right my friend, according to the DNA test that I did a few years back: 67% European (all souther Europe with mostly Iberian and Italian/Greek), 28% Native American, 2% North Africa, and almost 1% Middle East and a bit less than 2% unassigned. The Spaniards have a mix blood, the Italian Greek, North African and Middle eastern was in their blood also, that is why many Mexicans have these other bloods. I don’t think an average Mexican has Chinese eyes, maybe a few but in general I would say no.
Greetings

Carlito's Way
07-30-2019, 05:28 AM
Latin Americans in general are short to medium height, everyone will get surprise if you are above 5'9" in height, whether you come from the blackest to the most euro part of Latin America
that is because the short stereotype that they have, im 5'11 barefoot (I am sure you haven't measured yourself being barefoot because most do not so you are actually smaller than what you are claiming)
in Brazil, I was taller than the majority of the population, sure there were some who reached my height or were taller but the average were still small, and I even stayed in Southern Brazil for the most part since that is where my childhood friend lives

the same happens in Mexico, i am taller than the majority of the population, and once again, of course there are some who are around my height or taller

ethnicity doesn't influence much at all
my tall height comes from my afro-mexican side
my italian side are short to medium height with some tall ones
but my afro-mexican grandfather was 6'4" tall, and in his side of the family, majority are very tall people

but I also learned that I have Senegal ancestry via 23andMe and the Senegalese can reach over 6'5" tall, and keep in mind that these people do not have the same diet as western people and they also happen to be poor
Italians are generally of medium height, the ones in Southern Italy are even shorter, most being of small to medium height, they are stereotyped as short people in America for a reason

but then again, most of my SSA comes from Angola and they can be of short to medium height, especially those of Southern Angola who are mixed with pygmy (smallest Africans)

Spaniards in the colonial days were short people, hell, the average height of Southern Europeans of that time was 5'4", they were practically midgets, Napolean was an average french in height and he was a midget
when they invaded Mexico, they came in contact with these so called "giants", that is because those "giants" were Mexican Amerindians that were on average 5'7" tall, with many of them being over 6'0" tall, so you can only imagine their surprise seeing these "giants" walking in jungles ready to attack them

they also described the Senegal population as giants because they were very tall Africans in that era

in other words, if your Spanish ancestry is colonial then your short height comes from them, while the tall height comes from the Amerindians, and in some cases such as mine, it comes via black Africans of Senegal
but then again, the diet plays a role
my italian ancestors were very poor peasants of Northern Italy who migrated to Veracruz
so of course they will be short, they didnt have much food, they were malnourished basically which is why hundreds of them headed to Mexico to work in the fields in Southern Mexico
the younger generation is obviously taller than the older ones, once again, its all because of diet in this case

this is Cain Velasquez in Senegal, he is 6'1" tall and in this video you can perfectly see that the Senegalese men are at his same height, some are taller than him but hardly anyone short than him
like I said, keep in mind that these Senegalese are poor, so you can just imagine how tall would they get if they had a western diet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPULVY2qp4Y

Quiro_Brianza
07-30-2019, 06:01 AM
Latin Americans in general are short to medium height, everyone will get surprise if you are above 5'9" in height, whether you come from the blackest to the most euro part of Latin America
that is because the short stereotype that they have, im 5'11 barefoot (I am sure you haven't measured yourself being barefoot because most do not so you are actually smaller than what you are claiming)
in Brazil, I was taller than the majority of the population, sure there were some who reached my height or were taller but the average were still small, and I even stayed in Southern Brazil for the most part since that is where my childhood friend lives

the same happens in Mexico, i am taller than the majority of the population, and once again, of course there are some who are around my height or taller

ethnicity doesn't influence much at all
my tall height comes from my afro-mexican side
my italian side are short to medium height with some tall ones
but my afro-mexican grandfather was 6'4" tall, and in his side of the family, majority are very tall people

but I also learned that I have Senegal ancestry via 23andMe and the Senegalese can reach over 6'5" tall, and keep in mind that these people do not have the same diet as western people and they also happen to be poor
Italians are generally of medium height, the ones in Southern Italy are even shorter, most being of small to medium height, they are stereotyped as short people in America for a reason

but then again, most of my SSA comes from Angola and they can be of short to medium height, especially those of Southern Angola who are mixed with pygmy (smallest Africans)

Spaniards in the colonial days were short people, hell, the average height of Southern Europeans of that time was 5'4", they were practically midgets, Napolean was an average french in height and he was a midget
when they invaded Mexico, they came in contact with these so called "giants", that is because those "giants" were Mexican Amerindians that were on average 5'7" tall, with many of them being over 6'0" tall, so you can only imagine their surprise seeing these "giants" walking in jungles ready to attack them

they also described the Senegal population as giants because they were very tall Africans in that era

in other words, if your Spanish ancestry is colonial then your short height comes from them, while the tall height comes from the Amerindians, and in some cases such as mine, it comes via black Africans of Senegal
but then again, the diet plays a role
my italian ancestors were very poor peasants of Northern Italy who migrated to Veracruz
so of course they will be short, they didnt have much food, they were malnourished basically which is why hundreds of them headed to Mexico to work in the fields in Southern Mexico
the younger generation is obviously taller than the older ones, once again, its all because of diet in this case

this is Cain Velasquez in Senegal, he is 6'1" tall and in this video you can perfectly see that the Senegalese men are at his same height, some are taller than him but hardly anyone short than him
like I said, keep in mind that these Senegalese are poor, so you can just imagine how tall would they get if they had a western diet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPULVY2qp4Y

I agree with you, the height of mine was measured with a sportive shoes for soccer (not tacos for playing in the grass, but flats for playing indoors and they are very flat), so you are true it would be like 1 or 1.5 cm less maybe of what the measure give me (the measure was made by a doctor), so if I pass it to inches and feet it’s also 5’11 actually similar to yours. I agree about the Senegalese blood, they are normally huge and very strong, football players from than country like Koulibali are physically gifted.
And yes I have my Iberian blood from colonial times mostly, well not at all because of the family of my father is more recent the Iberian ancestry but from my mom is entirely colonial. And you are also right paisano that in some histories of the Spaniards during the conquer, they described Mexicas as tall and strong, that means that the Spaniards at that time were shorter. Humans being is getting taller and live longer with the pass of time due to better diets and better health care all over the world.
Your mixed make up is pretty amazing, you have blood from all over the world in general we Mexicans have that, I am a bit more euro than native, but I normally embrace more my native side, I even always have a Native American accessory in me, I like to think that I resemble more of them (I posted my photo of you wanna know how do I look), unfortunately I didn’t have SSA, but it’s weird because I like Latino girls with some SSA ancestry, because it normally means big [emoji527], from Caribbean countries lol.
Like this goddess, [emoji23].
https://youtu.be/OpYRoe-YVBY
And well I am tall in almost all Mexico, but not in some part of the north. I felt average or just a bit above average in Chihuahua (not the state, the capital)
Your Italian granpa came to Chippilo?

Chocolate_Hound
03-04-2022, 08:24 PM
Shortest people are generally MENA and Southeast Asians like Vietnamese.

Persian Otomi
03-05-2022, 03:24 AM
Shortest people are generally MENA and Southeast Asians like Vietnamese.

No, it is African countries, Iranians are not short people at all :picard1: