PDA

View Full Version : Am I overly white?

thracian_bro
07-30-2019, 03:33 AM
I frequently get teased by friends and family for being "too white" or "a snowman". Often people in America look down on my skin being lighter than theirs. I've never been able to tan easily, ever, people always knew me as sunburning very very easily. The connotation of being weak to our own sun, and the historical association with illness, makes some see pale skin as an inferior/ugly trait... to the point some say I'm albino/need to go outside more. But are they right, am I seriously that pale?

http://i.imgur.com/3NyLo1x.jpg

TheOldNorth
07-30-2019, 03:37 AM
there is no such thing, except maybe for non white people like Turks, but even then, Turks are pretty close to white compared to sub-Saharans and east Asians

Lousianaboy
07-30-2019, 03:44 AM
I frequently get teased by friends and family for being "too white" or "a snowman". Often people in America look down on my skin being lighter than theirs. I've never been able to tan easily, ever, people always knew me as sunburning very very easily. The connotation of being weak to our own sun, and the historical association with illness, makes some see pale skin as an inferior/ugly trait... to the point some say I'm albino/need to go outside more. But are they right, am I seriously that pale?

http://i.imgur.com/3NyLo1x.jpg

You are a normal white, im lighter than you, and i got to say that with this skin you dont fit like thracian, the thracians were olive skinned with turanid features or anatolid, you are lighter than the balkan or turk average but not lighter than the north western european

Rędwald
07-30-2019, 03:48 AM
Pigmentation doesn't mean much, there's a cousin on my AncestryDNA looks full-blown native, and I score higher Amerindian than him.

thracian_bro
07-30-2019, 03:56 AM
You are a normal white, im lighter than you, and i got to say that with this skin you dont fit like thracian, the thracians were olive skinned with turanid features or anatolid, you are lighter than the balkan or turk average but not lighter than the north western european

I also have blonde leaning to red hair. Not common features amongst SE Europeans at all, yet I roll more heads in America than I did in Sofia or Iskenderun.

Lousianaboy
07-30-2019, 04:01 AM
I also have blonde leaning to red hair. Not common features amongst SE Europeans at all, yet I roll more heads in America than I did in Sofia or Iskenderun.

Its interesting because im lighter skinned than yoiu but perhaps you are lighter haired than me, im light brown hair with some parts with light blonde hair but the grand part is light brown hair, im also green/light brown eyes and a very light skin

thracian_bro
07-30-2019, 04:02 AM
Pigmentation doesn't mean much, there's a cousin on my AncestryDNA looks full-blown native, and I score higher Amerindian than him.

I don't get why people from the US put so much value on tanness/lack thereof, it's weird to me. Fake tans look embarrassing.

Lousianaboy
07-30-2019, 04:02 AM

If you are blond eor red head perhaps you dont have thracian ancestry

thracian_bro
07-30-2019, 04:06 AM

That's just a larp, haha.

Dick
07-30-2019, 04:11 AM

Several Thracian graves or tombstones have the name Rufus inscribed on them, meaning "redhead" – a common name given to people with red hair.[60] Ancient Greek artwork often depicts Thracians as redheads.[61] Rhesus of Thrace, a mythological Thracian King, was so named because of his red hair and is depicted on Greek pottery as having red hair and a red beard.[61] Ancient Greek writers also described the Thracians as red haired. A fragment by the Greek poet Xenophanes describes the Thracians as blue-eyed and red haired

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thracians