PDA

View Full Version : Why is Romania not developing their tourism enough?

bulgarian88
07-06-2011, 05:01 PM
I mean, Mamaia seems like a great place for me and I wish I could visit it some day, yet many Romanians go to Bulgarian sea cost for their summer vacation. I know that we have a lot more sea resorts, but you still have Mamaia, Neptun, etc.

Your country is not investing enough in tourism, I discovered that you have some great winter resorts in the Carpathians, yet Bulgarian resorts like Bansko seem more visited by foreign tourists than your resorts. I think Romania needs to popularize itself as a tourist destination, e.g. why is not your country advertised on our Bulgarian TVs, yet Turkey is constantly advertised?

Eliades
07-06-2011, 05:25 PM
Idk, either. I definitely think they should though, places like Constanta in the Black Sea coast are beautiful, and would normally attract a lot of attention.

Or, maybe it because they're still recovering from the Nicolae Ceaușescu regime. I'm no expert though.

Mordid
07-06-2011, 05:26 PM
Because it's full of gypsy.

bulgarian88
07-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Now that is no reason... I mean we (Bulgaria) are also full of gypsies (some of them recently stole some tourists' possessions in Sunny Beach), yet many foreigners come here. Still yet, it seems many Bulgarians are going to Greece and Turkey instead. However, if I go somewhere else, it'll be Constanta. :)

poiuytrewq0987
07-06-2011, 05:37 PM
Systemic corruption, lack of funds, no motivated Romanians, etc

bulgarian88
07-06-2011, 05:51 PM
I think there is a lot less overbuilding on Romanian sea cost than over here. That's why next year I planned visiting the Romanian coast... and I'll be just one of the few Bulgarians going there. See, Romania is terra incognita here in Bulgaria to most people (except those from the Ruse region), although we're neighbors. Greece and Turkey are a lot better known over here for some reason. To most people here, Romania is just some country north of Bulgaria where people eat Mămăligă and drive Dacias.

Volkodav
07-06-2011, 05:58 PM
I mean, Mamaia seems like a great place for me and I wish I could visit it some day, yet many Romanians go to Bulgarian sea cost for their summer vacation. I know that we have a lot more sea resorts, but you still have Mamaia, Neptun, etc.

Your country is not investing enough in tourism, I discovered that you have some great winter resorts in the Carpathians, yet Bulgarian resorts like Bansko seem more visited by foreign tourists than your resorts. I think Romania needs to popularize itself as a tourist destination, e.g. why is not your country advertised on our Bulgarian TVs, yet Turkey is constantly advertised?
Because it sucks, not worth it. All this bastards (hotel owners) need to be put in a work camp of some sort, ar maybe used to dig a new irigation sistem.

DO NOT COME TO ROMANIA !!!
TOURISM IS FOR LOOSERS.

If a nation is not able to develop a strong economy, or at least they are not able to steal from other nations, then they have not the right to be under the sun.

Also tourism is from satana and there should be laws against suspect foreigners entering the country and gathering informations, many of them are spies and some are terrorists.

bulgarian88
07-06-2011, 06:07 PM
Well, you might suck at tourism, but your salaries are (slightly) higher than ours and your GDP is higher, too. Also, your capital is better-maintained than our capital (better roads, better public transport).

I'm not sure about that, but it seems to me that you have better production than we have. Bulgaria is becoming a tourism-only country, I guess in the future we might become one of these countries that rely only on tourism and services.

Daos
07-06-2011, 06:11 PM

Meh, I prefer the hills and mountains.

Before developing its tourism, Romania needs to develop its infrastructure. I don't see that happening any time soon, so Romania will remain a wild west for tourists.

The reason for this, like for every other problem in Romania, is corruption and apathy. Despite the funds the EU pours on us, our progression is painfully slow and will remain so until we'll have a political elite whose purpose will be something other than lining its pocket on our expense and a population that is willing to fight and work hard for the betterment of their nation. Any minute now...:rolleyes:

Volkodav
07-06-2011, 06:13 PM
Well, you might suck at tourism, but your salaries are (slightly) higher than ours and your GDP is higher, too. Also, your capital is better-maintained than our capital (better roads, better public transport).

I'm not sure about that, but it seems to me that you have better production than we have. Bulgaria is becoming a tourism-only country, I guess in the future we might become one of these countries that rely only on tourism and services.
You have ATAKA in the Parliament, we have minority groups who rule over us, I think that Bulgaria is better.

Some words of popular wistom: "- A full stomach never revolts."

bulgarian88
07-06-2011, 06:17 PM
In addition to ATAKA we have DPS - the Turkish party. What I like about Romania is that you have almost no mosques and almost no people of Turkish origin! We have them all over the place! Do you know that we have this big mosque almost at the center of our capital city? While we were influenced by the Ottoman empire, you were influenced by Europe.

poiuytrewq0987
07-06-2011, 06:27 PM

This also applies to Bulgaria, btw. Eastern Balkan countries are the worst, systemic corruption and apathetic citizens. Former Yugoslav countries have it better to be quite honest.

Bulgarian88, don't visit shitty Romania, come to Kotor, Split or Dalmatia. :thumb001:

bulgarian88
07-06-2011, 06:29 PM
Apotheosis, I'm sorry, I can't stand Serbia and that part of the Balkans, I prefer Romania and Romanians! It is far more civilized.

Oh and Bucharest still is like The Little Paris. It has better public transport and infrastructure than our capital and most of our big cities. At least its main roads in the city center are not full of wholes like ours!

poiuytrewq0987
07-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Apotheosis, I'm sorry, I can't stand Serbia and that part of the Balkans, I prefer Romania and Romanians! It is far more civilized.

:dielaughing:

http://www.wtftoday.eu/wp-content/2009/11/bucharest2.jpg

bulgarian88
07-06-2011, 06:41 PM
So? We have these traffic jams in Sofia, too. Even in Varna in the summer. They even have them in Western Europe! You're just jealous that BG and RO are part of the EU while Serbia became a third-world country no one ever visits.

Oh look:
http://images.businessweek.com/ss/08/08/0808_disaster_tourism/image/3_belgrade_bombing.jpg

I think this is a lot better, looks like Paris:
http://www.worldcitypics.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/bucharest-1.jpg

And a photo from Bulgaria's capital:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f3/Sofia_Bulgaria_Fountain.jpg

Daos
07-06-2011, 06:44 PM
Bulgarian88, don't visit shitty Romania, come to Kotor, Split or Dalmatia. :thumb001:

If you're referring to (most) inhabited areas, it's a fair enough adjective, but the „wilderness” is absolutely enchanting.

http://maramuresh.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/dsc00836.jpg

Wanderlust
07-06-2011, 06:48 PM

Oh and Bucharest still is like The Little Paris. It has better public transport and infrastructure than our capital and most of our big cities. At least its main roads in the city center are not full of wholes like ours!

Bucharest is indeed the little Paris but Belgrade doesn't seem bad either.
far from 3rd world..
http://www.kayak.com/himg/5f/58/e7/leonardo-316550-belgrade_slide9-image.jpg

http://trialx.com/curetalk/wp-content/blogs.dir/7/files/2011/05/cities/Belgrade-2.jpg

poiuytrewq0987
07-06-2011, 06:50 PM
So? We have these traffic jams in Sofia, too. Even in Varna in the summer. They even have them in Western Europe! You're just jealous that BG and RO are part of the EU while Serbia became a third-world country no one ever visits.

Oh look:
http://images.businessweek.com/ss/08/08/0808_disaster_tourism/image/3_belgrade_bombing.jpg

:rolleyes:

That's quite nice, posting a picture of bombed out buildings by NATO.

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd218/zvonko1234/Beograd_Sept2008/IMG_2118.jpg

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/22453170.jpg

and... we have the biggest Orthodox Christian church in the world. :thumb001:

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/1230771.jpg

Volkodav
07-06-2011, 06:54 PM
And the MY PENIS IS BIGGER competition begins in 3... 2... 1...

bulgarian88
07-06-2011, 06:55 PM
Let's get on topic please. Romania is a great country, sometimes I even wish I was Romanian... Don't get me wrong, I like my country Bulgaria, but there are some things in Romania I find better.

I think Romanian government should be forced by Romanians to develop tourism more. Oh, and come south here and advertise yourself on our TV stations, Turkey, Ukrane, hell even Macedonia did it! Even Macedonia advertise themselves on the popular European channel EuroSport, yet Romania doesn't. It's not that expensive either!

Daos
07-06-2011, 07:04 PM
I think Romanian government should be forced by Romanians to develop tourism more.

:dielaughing: Wish I'd live to see the day...

Oh, and come south here and advertise yourself on our TV stations, Turkey, Ukrane, hell even Macedonia did it! Even Macedonia advertise themselves on the popular European channel EuroSport, yet Romania doesn't. It's not that expensive either!

You mean like this?

YzeKCMNYBew
wzcuBbztn-0

bulgarian88
07-06-2011, 07:17 PM
You mean like this?
Yes! They used to air on EuroSport, but far less often than those of Macedonia and other countries.

bulgarian88
07-08-2011, 10:01 PM
We have all of these, yet our tourism is flourishing (yes, I know we have a larger number of Black sea resorts than Romānia.) I think the reason is you still have some industry, while our industry is largely dead, so we rely heavily on tourism and services (and also money sent by Bulgarians abroad to their families) for revenue.

Some sources claim that without tourism, our country's economy will die, because we don't produce enough, our industry is almost non-existent. And our farming is also under-developed. Go shopping in cities here -- almost all of the produce is from Turkey or Greece, even Spain. Locally-grown vegetables and fruits are too expensive and very few people can afford to buy them anyway.

I think that Romānia's industry and farming are better developed, while Bulgaria relies mainly on tourism and services and that explains why your tourism is under-developed.

Daos
07-09-2011, 03:52 AM
I don't know... Our politicians did a really good job of dismantling our industries and selling the factories to junk yards. Aside from the occasional mine, smelter, paper mill, textile manufacture and such we don't have much. Even our agriculture is just a shadow of what it once was.

For instance my area used to be renown for its (gold) mines, but now they're all closed or inactive. The smelter is still functioning, but the ore comes from Poland and the end result returns to Poland, leaving us to deal with the pollution.http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll180/KareninSoCali/applaud.gif The wood industry still works somehow, but we export a great deal of the wood to Hungary and import the wood products... It's not like my region is/was famous for its woodwork or anything.:rolleyes:

In short, it's a mess and that is why hordes of Romanians emigrate, because our politicians are incompetents and just don't care. How can you expect them to (properly) develop our tourism?

Mercury
07-09-2011, 04:19 AM
Why is Romania not developing their tourism enough?

Because Romania don't got no pyramids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzDY0EBvCbU

BeerBaron
07-09-2011, 04:40 AM
They should, ive been there, stayed at jupiter, people are nice, beautiful women. The black sea is dirty though because of the russians.

Zephyr
07-09-2011, 06:53 AM
Feed the rich owners of football clubs, inaugurate imponent stadia, play in betting houses, get the newest mobile phone, increase your internet speed, watch upskirt women in tv shows... Hey Romania, join Portugal into this trip! Who needs tourism anyway :D

Aces High
07-09-2011, 06:56 AM
A friend of mine got a cheap ski-ing holiday in Romania and thought he was onto a bargain,until he found out the snow was like concrete and the food was basically prison gruel.....thats probably why Romania will never have any tourism.

bulgarian88
07-09-2011, 12:45 PM
Well, I contributed a bit to Romanian tourism. I still haven't been there, but I plan on visiting in the future. However, I made some fellow Bulgarians visit Romania (Bucharest, Sinaia and Brasov) and now that they're back, they said it was a nice country with nice people. :thumb001:

Volkodav
07-09-2011, 01:46 PM
A friend of mine got a cheap ski-ing holiday in Romania and thought he was onto a bargain,until he found out the snow was like concrete and the food was basically prison gruel.....thats probably why Romania will never have any tourism.
You get what you pay for. :lol00002: All this whores and wankers coming here with just a few pounds and wanting 4 star luxury :dielaughing:

Just for a laugh, write the amount of money your mate spent here.

Gazelle
07-19-2011, 05:19 AM
Because nobody cares.

We are under judeo-communist rule for almost 70 years.

Austin
07-19-2011, 05:41 AM
Romania has lots of dedicated people it seems from reading this forum, it just has much corruption still on all levels. It doesn't seem from an observers point of view that everyone in Romania believes in the market. Many seem to just enter government to be criminals. They don't understand that a free market doesn't mean pure corruption.

Sabinae
08-06-2011, 01:42 PM
It takes time to change past indoctrination, habits, fears. I wish we would have a little bit more faith in ourselves, and stay cautiously open to the new, adapt and evolve. Tourism will improve. Im pretty sure of that.

Kelmend/Gjigol
04-25-2014, 11:02 PM
I'm coming very soon to Transylvania

Vlach
04-26-2014, 02:58 PM
I'm coming very soon to Transylvania

Where in Transylvania, care, dont look at the Hungarians maps,
http://www.romaniatourism.com/romania-maps/romania-regions-map.jpg This is Transylvania

http://images.tribe.net/tribe/upload/photo/101/efc/101efc1d-b1d5-4c5f-ab52-a6126c2fd440
This is Transylvania for hungarians and romanians separatist traitors.