PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in UFOs?

Loki
03-14-2009, 01:57 AM
Well, do you? :)

In either case, why do or don't you believe?

What I'm talking about specifically here are the UFO's of otherworldly origins.

SPQR
03-14-2009, 02:17 AM
No I don't personally believe the UFOs people see are different life forms. I think most of them are military aircrafts. There's so much going on in the sky that the governments keep hidden its unnerving..

I do have an open mind towards life on other planets though, I think thats plausible. I just think they have better things to do than spy on us, even if they have that kind of technology.

Rudy
03-14-2009, 02:23 AM
Some of the objects seen flying over New Mexico were most likely stealth fighters before they had been revealed to the general public. I see some of the articles on UFOs over at Rense, but usually do not read them. One conspiracy theory is the use of holograms.

Psychonaut
03-14-2009, 04:12 AM
There have been far too many reports from reasonable and believable individuals (military officials, pilots, police, etc.), many of whom report these sightings in groups, for the phenomena to be dismissed entirely. However, I think it's far more likely that what is being observed, both in the cases of "flying saucer" sightings and in "alien abductions" is something that is beyond the comprehension of our minds rather than taking the experiences at face value. I agree with UFO researcher Jacques Vallée that the different alien related phenomena are a modern interpretation of the same experience that was in older times described as being taken away to fairy land. In both examples, the true experience is probably not what the experiencer sees, but is what the mind presents to cover up that with which it is incapable of dealing with.

Loddfafner
03-14-2009, 04:21 AM
In both examples, the true experience is probably not what the experiencer sees, but is what the mind presents to cover up that with which it is incapable of dealing with.

But isn't that how the mind processes all experience?

Anyways, as for UFO sightings, they follow a preset story line so frequently and so easily that I believe they are a psychological phenomenon induced by normal but under-researched atmospheric and electrical phenomena.

Jung's essay on UFOs as an artifact of the collective unconscious of a people at a particular historical moment was, I think, on the right track.

Psychonaut
03-14-2009, 06:03 AM
But isn't that how the mind processes all experience?

Yes, but when Dr. Strassman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Strassman) was testing out DMT (a hallucinogen that our brain produces) on human subjects, something like 50% of subjects experienced something very similar to an "alien abduction." This would lead me to believe that when these experiences do occur, our brains are, for whatever reason, dumping DMT into our systems. The only thing that makes me think we're dealing with some kind of objective phenomena rather than individual hallucinations is that so many of these are shared "hallucinations."

Hilding
03-14-2009, 07:08 AM
I instinctively answered "no" in the poll but after I had clicked the button I stopped for a second. My official standpoint is "no" but my imagination is open for the possibility if you know what I mean?

Atlas
03-14-2009, 08:18 AM
They are often mistaken for weather ballons in every report.

YES, I do believe in some extratterial life, we live, so why not another form that we have not discovered yet ?

Brynhild
03-14-2009, 10:41 AM
I said yes because I believe in the possibility of there being other beings in the Universe of which we aren't aware. There could also be other solar systems besides this one.

But then again, I also believe there is a restaurant at the very end of it... :D

Freomæg
03-14-2009, 12:01 PM
Yes. But how many of them are of this realm and - as Psychonaut said - how many are the modern manifestation of entities from another realm, I don't know.

Skandi
03-14-2009, 12:11 PM
Random thought of the day;

Are these are gods and goddesses, are they the spirits of the world, Why do they have to be alien?

Elveon
03-14-2009, 11:01 PM
I want to believe:D

Barreldriver
03-15-2009, 12:12 AM
This is just a thought on my part, a hunch nothing really to back it up 100% since I'm a novice when it comes to studying Germanic mythos and pseudoscience:

I have a suspicion that UFO's and the sort are signs from the other worlds mentioned in the Edda's, I think of all the galaxies as all the clusters/buds, leaves, whatever within the branches of Yggdrasil, each cluster contains life, worlds, indipendant galaxies containing life which we cannot understand for it is not on our plain of existence, and traveling along the branches of Yggdrasil via space travel is the equivalent of traveling through time/the fourth dimension, the deeper into space you go the deeper into time you go, and within Yggdrasil I believe are the branches of the whole life of the universe, all the possibilities all the outcomes all the present events all the past events and future events, and therefore Yggdrasil would be connected to the fates being attributed with past, present, and future, and the fact that there are 3 fates and 3 wells that water Yggdrasil, I believe that when a UFO is seen or an "alien" not of this world one is seeing the alternate persona's of ourselves/our existence or another mythical being that has travelled to Midgard like in the days of old but in our modern times we interpret these visits differently since the mass majority as a whole is not familiar with the mythos of old, and with the growth/expansion of the universe goes the growth of Yggdrasil.

Addition:

and the Dwarves in the Eddas supposedly made "special crafts from special metals/elements not of Midgard/Earth" if I'm not mistaken special metals+special crafts = UFO = Dwarves = Aliens, we really don't know what they meant by "craft"

Loddfafner
03-15-2009, 01:15 AM
I've seen UFOs so of course I believe in them. They tend to remain identified unless I remember to bring binoculars and a field guide.

Rudy
03-15-2009, 01:23 AM
I saw several bright lights in the sky while driving one night.

My employer said that I could file for workman's comp if I had been probed during the encounter.

Atlas
03-15-2009, 01:43 AM
The problem is that we, rational people who believe in UFO/extraterrial life are often discredited by idiots who mistake plane for UFO etc. I wish we could be taken seriously.

Fortis in Arduis
03-15-2009, 04:57 AM
Me and my mum saw one, so I believe in them, but have no idea what they are.

Eldritch
03-15-2009, 08:28 AM
As a matter of fact, I have once seen an Unidentified Flying Object.

A couple of years ago, in wintertime, I was about to walk under a bridge. On the bridge there were some Somali scum who threw something that seemed to be aimed at my head. It missed and buried itself into a snowbank before I saw what it actually was; a rock, a lump of ice, a snowball, a bottle, etc. It was flying, and I didn't know what it was, therefore it was an UFO. :p

But as for UFO's in the sense of "spacecraft constructed by intelligent beings of extraterrestrial origin", which is what this thread is about ...

Do I believe they exist? Sure I do, somewhere.

Have they visited Earth? Maybe, but if they have there's not a single shred of credible evidence of it. Not one clear photo or video recording, not a single object unmistakable made on another planet, not a single used UFO battery, not a single intergalactic chocolate bar wrapper, not a single discarded alien condom left behind by those "sex on exotic planets" freaks, not a single anything.

Absinthe
03-15-2009, 11:45 AM
Not so much in UFOs and little gray people, or any other easily recognizable form of life.

I am thinking there must be other forms of life, in other planets or other dimensions, they could be anything and we're not necessarily aware of them.

http://miscellany.lolthulhu.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/xolotl-treez.jpg

:laugh:

Loki
03-15-2009, 04:18 PM
I am thinking there must be other forms of life, in other planets or other dimensions, they could be anything and we're not necessarily aware of them.

The observable universe it at least 93 billion light years in diameter. It is likely that the galaxies within our visible universe represent only a minuscule fraction of the galaxies in the universe. This universe contains more than 80 billion galaxies, each of which contain from ten million to one trillion stars.

To think that life only evolved on earth, and nowhere else, is a ridiculous thought that can only be justified if one is religious and believe that God created us as the centre of the universe.

Considering mathematical probabilities, life would have had millions of other opportunities to evolve in this vast expanse of trillions upon trillions of stars. Even in our own "small" solar system, there is evidence pointing to life (http://edition.cnn.com/TECH/9608/06/mars.life/) elsewhere. In fact, there is a possibility that the building blocks of life on earth could have come from outer space via meteorites.

Whether intelligent extraterrestrial life had opportunity and the ability to reach earth, is another question, and far less likely.

Baron Samedi
03-15-2009, 05:08 PM
I'm not really sure in this matter....

I'm more interested in researching the paranormal things that happen on this planet than considering the possibility of MORE paranormal stuff happening on others, if you get my drift....

Galloglaich
03-15-2009, 05:24 PM
The observable universe it at least 93 billion light years in diameter. It is likely that the galaxies within our visible universe represent only a minuscule fraction of the galaxies in the universe. This universe contains more than 80 billion galaxies, each of which contain from ten million to one trillion stars.

To think that life only evolved on earth, and nowhere else, is a ridiculous thought that can only be justified if one is religious and believe that God created us as the centre of the universe.

Considering mathematical probabilities, life would have had millions of other opportunities to evolve in this vast expanse of trillions upon trillions of stars. Even in our own "small" solar system, there is evidence pointing to life (http://edition.cnn.com/TECH/9608/06/mars.life/) elsewhere. In fact, there is a possibility that the building blocks of life on earth could have come from outer space via meteorites.

Whether intelligent extraterrestrial life had opportunity and the ability to reach earth, is another question, and far less likely.

I had initially decided not to post on this thread because Psychonaut had already posted and his views were a fair approximation of my own. I didn't wish to be redundant. Then I clicked back on and Loki's post made me wish to add something. At the risk of being redundant:

Regarding the existence of "life" other than on Earth, I agree with the above post. The mathematical probabilities are almost too great to defy the possibilities, especially when one considers "possibility" in terms of the latest String or "M"-theory hypotheses concerning the multiple layer "structure" of the Universe.

The section highlighted in bold is particularly significant to my thoughts. I don't totally discount the possibility of advanced biological beings coming to Earth by physically traveling vast gulfs of interstellar space in our own essential experience of "Time"; however, the probabilities involved would seem to suggest that something else is at play here (at least in our own dimension, as others may exist). That's why I'm more prone to think that the ET experience is more likely the result of some sort of Time/Space/dimensional "warping". I think entities are coming here, I just think they're probably coming here from somewhere other than where the conventional mechanical physics theories of some Ufologists would suggest. I somewhat like the idea of "ultra-terrestrials" put forth by authors such as John Keel.

I think that our current faculties are somewhat unable to process this "phenomena" (in the Kantian sense) that we receive from the entities in question, and thus we are left with incomplete perceptions and impressions of the experience. The mind must make some sense of this, and thus we "package" the experience in a way that is interpretable and meaningful to us. For a lot of people in the modern empirical/technological age, this explanation "means" that some kind of superior technology is responsible as a rationalization for the encounter (and in a sense, they may be right). Thus, many of us "see" mechanical spacecraft and biological beings. In some cases, perhaps the beings have accumulated enough material "weight" to actually have physical substance. In other times, when mankind had a different relationship to the world around him, perhaps similar experiences were interpreted as the "fairy-tales" that Psycho had mentioned. I don't know. I might be nuts too.

Beorn
03-15-2009, 05:41 PM

According to Paul Horowitz of Harvard University, there should be "at least one radio transmitting civilisation within 1000 light-years of the sun", which should give us roughly 1000 civilisations in our galaxy alone.

In our galaxy alone there could have been up to 12 billion civilisations over the course of 12 billion years according to certain formation rates.

I read an interesting article by Ian Crawford in Scientific American a while ago, that covered the possibilities of 'alien civilisations' according to Fermi's_paradox (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermi_paradox).

"There are only four conceivable ways of reconciling the absence of ETs with the widely held view that advanced civilisations are common.
Perhaps interstellar space-flight is infeasible, in which case ETs could never have come here even if they wanted to.

Perhaps ET civilisations are indeed actively exploring the galaxy but have not reached us yet. Perhaps interstellar travel is feasible, but ETs choose not to undertake it. Or perhaps the ETs have been, or still are, active in Earth's vicinity but have decided not to interfere with us.
If we can eliminate each of these explanations of the Fermi Paradox (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermi_paradox), we will have to face the possibility that we are the most advanced life-forms in the galaxy.

The first explanation clearly fails. No known principle of physics or engineering rules out interstellar space-flight.
Even if these early days of the space age, engineers have envisaged propulsion strategies that might reach 10 to 20 percent of the speed of light, thereby permitting travel to nearby stars in a matter of decades."

For the same reason, the second explanation is problematic as well. Any civilisation with advanced rocket technology would be able to colonize the entire Galaxy on a cosmically short timescale.
For example, consider a civilisation that sends colonists to a few of the planetary systems closest to it. After those colonies have established themselves, they send out secondary colonies of their own, and so on.
The number of colonies grows exponentially. A colonisation wave front will move outward with a speed determined by the speed of the starships and by the time required by each colony to establish itself.
New settlements will quickly fill in this volume of space behind this wave front.

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww185/BeornWulfWer/img275.jpg?t=1237138746

Scientific American, July 2000

Osweo
03-15-2009, 05:45 PM
I had initially decided not to post on this thread because Psychonaut had already posted and his views were a fair approximation of my own.
Me too, near enough. I couldn't really click either poll option because of it.

In other times, when mankind had a different relationship to the world around him, perhaps similar experiences were interpreted as the "fairy-tales" that Psycho had mentioned. I don't know. I might be nuts too.
Aye, and in the intermediate period - have you ever read about the 'scareships'? Our concept of 'futuristic' technology shift with time...

Loki
03-15-2009, 05:54 PM
I doubt that simians will rule earth for a long time to come. In all probability humans would face extinction over the next few hundred thousand years by way of natural disaster like the dinosaurs. I think we've been very lucky to get so far and to rule the planet. We are hardly the most pleasant beasts ... and that is probably why we have been so successful.

If there is extraterrestrial intelligent life, maybe advanced dolphins would one day make contact with them. :coffee:

Galloglaich
03-15-2009, 05:55 PM
Me too, near enough. I couldn't really click either poll option because of it.

I really wasn't sure which way to go either. I ended up going with "Yes".

Aye, and in the intermediate period - have you ever read about the 'scareships'? Our concept of 'futuristic' technology shift with time...

If you're referring to the rash of sightings over America and Europe at the turn of the 19th century, yes-a little. Very interesting when considered in relation to 'futuristic' technology shift. Especially when viewed in the contemporary paradigm of the late 19th-early 20th centuries. Have you ever read anything specifically about that?

Skandi
03-15-2009, 05:59 PM
If it's not already been said, there almost certainly have been/will be other inteligent life that we could recognise. But would they exist at the same time as us? our planet is about 3.6billion years old but we have only bee capable of receiving signals for about 100 years, our planet and sun are not one of the first generation either.

Even if a society did form and was transmitting now, we would not be about to receive the signals by the time they reached us. What is the lifespan of a technologically advanced civilisation?

Lars
03-15-2009, 06:09 PM
No. I believe all the 'unidentified flying object-reports' can be explained when investigated.
I would bet that the more exposure this phenomenon is given in the media, the more 'incidents' will be reported.

However, I do believe that life exists elsewhere in the universe. It's seems like such waste of space if not...:)

Æmeric
03-15-2009, 06:12 PM

I answered the poll before reading the first post. I believe in UFOs but I'm not convinced they are of otherworlds - or if they are those worlds may be connected to our own.

Living in Arizona I have seen odd objects in the nightsky & know persons who have sworn to have seen even weirder things. Much of southern Arizona is uninhabited desert used as an airforce bombing range. Perfect for testing experimental aircraft, just like Nevada. So I think much of what people see in the sky is actually secret aircraft being tested by the military. While I'm at it I have also seen Black Helicopters (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_helicopters) in Arizona - doing nothing menacing but there is the sky with no markings. I don't know why black helicopter sightings are ridiculed, it's not as though there is some sort of physical imposiblity to a black helicopter. Sightings of a BH brings more ridicule then those of UFOs.

Some of the UFOs spotted could be from our future.. or past. I say our future or past referring to our reference of time. Space travel to other planets suitable for habitation would take thousands, millions or billions of years to complete. Time travel would be the only feasible way to travel across the galaxy. Also, in refering to our point-of-view of time: In the same way that 12:00AM March 16, 2009 will not occure at the same time in Sydney, London or Los Angeles (as a matter-of-fact it is already March 16 in Sydney) March 16, 2009 may have happen thousands or millions of years ago in some solar systems & may not happen for thousands or millions of more years in other solar systems. Some of us may have descendents 50-generations removed from us who lived & died thousands (or millions) of years ago according to our position in the galactic clock. Those aliens piloting the extraterrestrial spacecraft might well be our descendents - or their bio-robotic slaves - who intentionally or inadvertantly traveled into the wrong time frame.

Psychonaut
03-15-2009, 06:14 PM

I'm waiting with bated breath for us to explore the oceans that lie beneath te surface of Europa (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europa_(moon)). If the second model below is correct, the chances that life could've evolved there are pretty good.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/88/EuropaInterior1.jpg

Loki
03-15-2009, 10:04 PM
Freak yourself out:

Go to Google Earth and enter these coordinates in the "Fly To" search:

37°37'41.05"N, 116°50'54.38"W

WTF is that??? :confused:

Psychonaut
03-15-2009, 10:12 PM
Freak yourself out:

Go to Google Earth and enter these coordinates in the "Fly To" search:

37°37'41.05"N, 116°50'54.38"W

WTF is that??? :confused:

maps.google.com says it's a bombing range...makes sense I guess.

Gooding
03-15-2009, 10:23 PM
I most certainly do believe in life on other planets, but these U.F.O. "sightings" I believe are so much hype.If extraterrestrial life forms were that close to Earth, we would've been contacted by now.Overtly.All this glimpsing something, or sensing something..bah!Too damned subjective and far too cryptic to be credible.

Æmeric
03-15-2009, 10:34 PM
The triangle measures 3/4 of a miles on each side. I would say it is someone having fun. It would appear to be part of Nellis AF Base. Maybe a landmark to help pilots navigate visually in case their navigation equipment fails. Even military types can have a sense of humor.

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1015&stc=1&d=1237156158

On the above map I marked were the triangle is. And if you move outward & look over to the west you can see some addition straight lines, forming a triangle, & arced lines, several miles long.

There is always the possibility that Nellis AFB is a intergalatic spaceport.:levitate:

Cato
03-07-2010, 01:55 PM
No.

Lulletje Rozewater
03-07-2010, 03:29 PM
Yes,Lady Lyfing , Aemma,Absinthe,Fjällräv and all the women in this forum. (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/member.php?u=1)

Geez they have me balled:D:D:D
[/URL][URL="http://www.theapricity.com/forum/member.php?u=1"] (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/member.php?u=1)

Liffrea
03-07-2010, 03:36 PM
I believe people believe they have seen and/or experienced a phenomenon they cannot understand, the human mind isn’t the most reliable device in nature and is easily baffled. We are only just beginning to understand how our minds work.

From a rational point of view I don’t accept that UFO’s are of extraterrestrial origin. Whilst humanity being the only sentient life isn’t impossible, statistically it is improbable. However I tend to support the theory that whilst life may be common, intelligence is incredibly rare, and civilisations that have survived long enough to develop and support FTL (which is the only logical basis I can see for the extraterrestrial hypothesis) even rarer still. There fore it is improbable that extraterrestrial intelligence would be visiting earth on any routine basis. Add to that the point that most scientists involved in various SETI like programmes make the assumption that aliens would have some form of mathematics and, presumably, be able to think in an analytical fashion, one has to wonder at the illogical nature of many UFO sightings, chip shops and fields full of cows would, presumably, not be worth the attention of an interstellar civilisation or it’s resources….

Another aspect is the human appearance of most of these “aliens” the probability of humanoid life evolving on another world is low to the point of impossible. Interestingly enough experiments with LSD and other psychotropic drugs have induced hallucinations of beings like “Greys” in test subjects, one could, perhaps, see Jungian archetypes at play here, where once people saw fairies now they see little green men….

Amapola
03-07-2010, 04:10 PM
Yes, because my mother and me once (along with some other people) saw one...
No it was not a plane nor a simple light; the movements challenged the law of gravity, and I easily noticed the metal-like composition of its surface and the circular coloured lights. :mmmm::blink:

The Lawspeaker
03-07-2010, 04:17 PM
Do I believe in UFO's ? Yes. I believe that some objects that are currently used in military tests are unknown to the public (and are kept that way by the government).
Do I believe in ET's "weapons inspections" on planet Earth then the answer is most definitely NO.

Germanicus
03-07-2010, 06:16 PM
I think we've been very lucky to get so far and to rule the planet. We are hardly the most pleasant beasts ... and that is probably why we have been so successful.:

There you have said it, ....luck.... Indeed we have been lucky, we have evolved on a planet with one moon to give us tides, with out them we would not have evolved, then there is the Earths orbit around the sun, not too near and yet not too far away from it, with an eliptical orbit to give us our seasons, just right..what luck.
Then there is the luck of having super sized planets in our solar system, their huge gravities pulling in huge asteroids that would threaten the Earth.
Luck...and yes we keep having luck by surviving all that has threatened us in the past.
So what, even if there were life forms in a distant Galaxy we will never know, the life form may be on a planet that is twice or three times the size of Earth, so on that note the life form would be very different to what we could ever imagine.
My truthful answer to Aliens is this, maybe somewhere out in the vastness there is life forms, but i think Earth will never be visited by any of them in it's life time.

Liffrea
03-09-2010, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by Germanicus
There you have said it, ....luck.... Indeed we have been lucky, we have evolved on a planet with one moon to give us tides, with out them we would not have evolved, then there is the Earths orbit around the sun, not too near and yet not too far away from it, with an eliptical orbit to give us our seasons, just right..what luck.
Then there is the luck of having super sized planets in our solar system, their huge gravities pulling in huge asteroids that would threaten the Earth.
Luck...and yes we keep having luck by surviving all that has threatened us in the past.
So what, even if there were life forms in a distant Galaxy we will never know, the life form may be on a planet that is twice or three times the size of Earth, so on that note the life form would be very different to what we could ever imagine.
My truthful answer to Aliens is this, maybe somewhere out in the vastness there is life forms, but i think Earth will never be visited by any of them in it's life time.

If you have never read it I would recommend a book called Just Six Numbers by Martin Rees. In it Rees focus on six conditions in our universe that had to be just right in order for life to exist as we know it…….it’s probably the oldest argument used for the existence of a creator but there is another possibility…..that our universe is just one of many universes in which conditions never got to be “just right” for people like us to exist……we’re not lucky we’re the results of a monkey at a type writer completing the works of Shakespeare, if you wait around long enough in the world of infinity and the multiverse everything can and will happen….

Germanicus
03-09-2010, 08:47 PM
If you have never read it I would recommend a book called Just Six Numbers by Martin Rees. In it Rees focus on six conditions in our universe that had to be just right in order for life to exist as we know it…….it’s probably the oldest argument used for the existence of a creator but there is another possibility…..that our universe is just one of many universes in which conditions never got to be “just right” for people like us to exist……we’re not lucky we’re the results of a monkey at a type writer completing the works of Shakespeare, if you wait around long enough in the world of infinity and the multiverse everything can and will happen….

Luck again....why we are the masters of the universe is this, ..., humans are the only life form that can touch his forefinger to his thumb, thus threading a needle and doing complex manipulative chores, monkey's however can sit in front of a computer, but they cannot put the plug on a flex to power it up.

Cato
03-09-2010, 10:07 PM
http://www.thecorrectness.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/destroyer2.jpg

Matritensis
03-09-2010, 10:45 PM
I believe in the existence of UFOs,just like many other people much more intelligent than myself.The problem lies in the nature of the phenomenon.Some researchers doubt about the "space connection" and claim that UFOs are the modern equivalent of fairies and ogres,and are linked somehow to humans in this planet,not coming from remote galaxies or distant worlds...:mmmm:

And of course,it's perfectly possible that they are experimental or ultra advanced flying machines made by some countries.Who knows? and who am I to ridicule experienced pilots and military personnel,among other people, claiming that they saw fucking weather balloons?

Anthropos
03-10-2010, 12:54 AM
Unidentified flying objects... could be anything that's not 'identified' by the authorities I guess. I'm indifferent.

Haunebu III
12-04-2010, 11:40 PM
Grüße meine Geschwister!
Do I believe in UFO's?? Yes of course. There's too much accumulated evidence to suggest otherwise. Although there are plenty of fake UFO pictures and videos floating around out there on the Internet, there's also a lot of pictures and video footage that just can't be denied. My main interest in UFO's is with the anti-gravitational technology that was developed in Germany beginning in the mid to late twenty's and continuing until 1945. I believe that an alien spacecraft crashed in, or near the black forest in Germany and that German scientists recovered and then "borrowed" some of the technology that they has acquired. This technology led to the various German flying disk projects that continued to expand throughout the 1920's and 30's and up until 1945 when the war had definitely turned against the Germans and they ceased all production. The so called "UFO sightings" that we're seeing today are mostly government black ops projects using German technology that we procured along with numerous German scientists that we relocated to the US under "Operation paperclip" and gently "encouraged" (insert sarcasms here) to work for the US and it's fledgling new space program. It was through the combined knowledge and skills of such scientists like Werner von Braun that we were able to put a man on the moon.

Sal und Sig!
Haunebu III

Cato
12-07-2010, 06:07 PM
I believe in UFOs like I believe in competent and incorruptable politicians.

Bloodeagle
12-07-2010, 07:35 PM
I do believe in UFO's. I have seen them. Though, I am unsure if they were alien or man made.

One cold and late night a few winters back, a friend and I where sitting by the camp fire and looking at the stars in wonder.

Suddenly, I noticed that one of the stars was moving across the sky, would stop and suddenly change direction and then stop again.
I then asked my friend if he saw what I was seeing. He did and then we both noticed 2 more objects appear near the first object.
They seemed to travel close together, going one direction, stopping and then traveling in another direction. Their movement was very lineal and angular.

Whatever they were, they looked bright like a star or satellite but moved across the night sky in a fashion that would suggest great speed!
Needless to say it did scare the shit out of me and I did not sleep well that night. :D

Peasant
12-07-2010, 07:38 PM
Bugger, I clicked yes without reading the OP. I meant yes as in UFOs, no as in aliens flying about. :D

Cato
12-07-2010, 07:51 PM
I haven't seen UFOs, but I've seen ball lightning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_lightning

Tom Cat
02-04-2011, 02:46 PM
I selected YES. But with reservations.

I do think there is a distinct possibility that sentient lifeforms inhabit other planets located throughout the abysmal universe. But the lack of credible evidence that Earth was visited by any of them either doesn't exist, or is being kept secret by government officials who think the general public would become hysterical if the truth were revealed.

Adalwolf
02-04-2011, 04:59 PM
During WW2, the Nazi's regularly led exhibitions out to consult the Tibetan esoteric buddhists. At this time they revealed to the Germans that Atlantis was a real place and located under flash-frozen Antarctica. The Germans while there established base Neuschwabenland base 211 and began uncovering hidden, ancient technology. After the war ended the USA captured many of the top German scientists who were forced to hand over this information to them. This is all in accordance with operation paperclip when the Americans took over control of the German bases and excavation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Paperclip

Please watch this to gain a better understandind: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd2lQ4bCPRE

Ever since then, the Americans have been reverse-engineering this ancient technology at bases such as Area 51, Hangar 18 etc. There are no ''ufo's'' and these grey aliens are really demons that are going to be the scapegoat when the NWO is fully in control. Believe me or not, but this is the truth.

Loddfafner
02-04-2011, 05:28 PM
Is this the "post your drug experiences" thread?

Adalwolf
02-04-2011, 05:39 PM
When there is a fake alien invasion to bring in the full disclosure of the NWO, don't say that I didn't warn you. Hollywood and the general media are pre-conditioning us to believe in this ET phenomenon. Within the last 20 years, think about how many movies have been made?

Vasconcelos
02-04-2011, 05:57 PM
Alien life forms? Yes. "UFOs"? Not really.

Psychonaut
02-04-2011, 09:23 PM
During WW2, the Nazi's regularly led exhibitions out to consult the Tibetan esoteric buddhists. At this time they revealed to the Germans that Atlantis was a real place and located under flash-frozen Antarctica. The Germans while there established base Neuschwabenland base 211 and began uncovering hidden, ancient technology. After the war ended the USA captured many of the top German scientists who were forced to hand over this information to them. This is all in accordance with operation paperclip when the Americans took over control of the German bases and excavation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Paperclip

Please watch this to gain a better understandind: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd2lQ4bCPRE

Ever since then, the Americans have been reverse-engineering this ancient technology at bases such as Area 51, Hangar 18 etc. There are no ''ufo's'' and these grey aliens are really demons that are going to be the scapegoat when the NWO is fully in control. Believe me or not, but this is the truth.

Dude...

You really need to visity Philly (http://www.germbooks.com/).

Klärchen
05-23-2011, 08:43 PM
CSETI & Disclosure Project

http://www.youtube.com/user/csetiweb#p/a/u/0/lkswXVmG4xM

Dr. Steven Greer Interview (The Day Before Disclosure)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9iV59DILIo

Cato
05-24-2011, 01:29 PM
When there is a fake alien invasion to bring in the full disclosure of the NWO, don't say that I didn't warn you. Hollywood and the general media are pre-conditioning us to believe in this ET phenomenon. Within the last 20 years, think about how many movies have been made?

Yes the Empire wants to induct our backwater planet into its loving fold peacefully and is going to great lengths to prepare us for contact with disgusting aliens.

http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/Media/StarDestroyer-Net3.jpg

Klärchen
08-20-2011, 06:01 PM
Another fascinating documentary:

UFOs, Lies, and The Cold War (http://vimeo.com/15422590)

Aces High
08-20-2011, 06:04 PM

Yes i believe....why dont they talk to us.....probably the same reason we dont talk to krill.

Damião de Góis
08-20-2011, 06:10 PM
I believe there is a strong possibility of life on other planets and on other solar systems. The universe is too big. However, i really doubt they are here visiting us, abducting people and given them anal probes. That just sounds stupid to me.

Logan
08-20-2011, 06:11 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_F2ArVCWdp3E/SRmv4wdAzBI/AAAAAAAAAvY/MK68auJhnFs/s400/LONDON.bmp

No good evidence.

SilverKnight
08-20-2011, 06:12 PM
I seen UFO's 3 times in my life, I do believe and 2 of them looked like nothing from this planet.

Burgomaster
08-20-2011, 06:20 PM
I believe in UFO's, but am unsure whether or not they are man-made or not.

Just over a year ago I was staying with my cousins in Boarnsterhim (Netherlands) and I saw a 'UFO'. It was about 10:00 PM and we saw a 'T' shaped formation of lights. It was perhaps 1 mile in length x 1/2 mile in width. Perhaps a formation of aircraft, but there was no noise.

I don't think there is enough evidence to say with confidence that Aliens are real.

ikki
08-20-2011, 06:39 PM
hehe, well alexander the great wrote about silver shields in the sky above when marching towards india. And then we have the reneissance art wherein ufos take the place of angels.
Those angels being alternatingly described as men or as burning wheels in the sky. never once the winged babies that have been popularised.

So either they saw what they saw. or they made it up. if they made it up, was it to be part of the 1950s ufo cults? Would be a even more weird claim that, as it includes timetravel.
But even if it was made up, where did they get the model from? Why not simply speak about 12-headed dragons.. why stick to silver sjields?

supergiovane
08-20-2011, 07:05 PM
the only Ufo story I'm tempted to believe is that one of Bob Lazar. he looks like a rational, balanced guy and not like a mythomaniac.
the whole thing about Aliens using gravitational fields to distort time and space and travel long distances in the Universe is quite fascinating.

Piparskeggr
08-20-2011, 07:07 PM
I voted yes, because I believe in possibilities...

Do we actually get visited, probably not.

Arrow Cross
08-21-2011, 06:07 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1976_Tehran_UFO_incident

Incidents like this make it almost unmistakably certain that something non-human is behind all these phenomena (that indeed cross ages and civilizations). The question is whether they're extra-terrestial, extra-dimensional, time-travelling, "demonic", or simply natural in origin whose working mechanisms are not understood by our current laws of physics.

Such mysterious appearances and traceless disappearances might also possibly suggest some overlapping between UFOlogy and the more credible aspects of cryptozoology.

'The Mothman Prophecies' from 2002 might be an interesting thought-inducer in the subject.

StonyArabia
08-21-2011, 06:10 AM
No most likely they are secret military operations or people mistaking warplanes and the like as UFO!

ElWolverine
09-05-2011, 09:19 AM
Yes. I've seen ufos two times, The first time was in a empty road, a metallic objetc, with ball shape

Davy Jones's Locker
09-22-2011, 10:29 PM
the only Ufo story I'm tempted to believe is that one of Bob Lazar. he looks like a rational, balanced guy and not like a mythomaniac.
the whole thing about Aliens using gravitational fields to distort time and space and travel long distances in the Universe is quite fascinating.

Stanton Friedman (studied physics at the University of Chicago, worked for several large companies such as General Motors) does a pretty good job of debunking Lazar here imo.

IBdUg1h9XLU

Friedman believes alien craft(s) crashed at Roswell in 1947 and that the MJ-12 organisation is credible.

Hevneren
09-23-2011, 02:54 AM
I don't believe in the "flyng saucers" version of UFO's, no, although originally that's not the definition of a UFO. A UFO can be any natural occurrence in the sky or space that can be seen from Earth.

Logan
09-23-2011, 03:09 AM
Yes i believe....why dont they talk to us.....probably the same reason we dont talk to krill.

It might seem that the size of the universe increases the odds, but it as well dispels any possibility of contact for physical beings.

Argyll
09-23-2011, 04:06 PM
It depends on what you mean by UFO, though for me. A lot of people write off any strange lights in the skies as automatically alien/extraterrestriel, but what about the fey creatures? I think that a lot of these crop circles, etc, are the work the of the fey.

Svipdag
09-23-2011, 04:26 PM
I have seen many Unidentified Flying Objects. On the other hand, I don't claim to have any great skill at identifying flying objects. To date, I have seen none that were uncanny in any way or that could not have been explained in some prosaic fashion.

Sternuo, ergo sum. - NOT by René Descartes

Tarja
09-23-2011, 05:18 PM
My hometown of Bonnybridge is "the UFO capital of the world", roughly 300 sightings a year apparently! I've never seen anything out of the ordinary, though.

http://www.scotland.org/features/item/scotland-and-space/

I believe that in our vast universe there is a huge chance that life besides our own exists somewhere, but I don't understand the assumption that they're going to be more technologically advanced than us. Also that they love to abduct and probe us. I find the concept of UFO's and aliens as we have come to know them, through films and the media, to be ridiculous.

Our local councillor (who is and always has been an oddball) placed a Scottish flag atop a hill here in the middle of the town so that when the aliens landed "they would know what country they were in", and a while ago he was denied planning permission to build a so many million pound UFO theme park in a disused quarry a few minutes from my house. Thankfully.

Graham
09-24-2011, 02:20 PM
We had a few sightings last year. Have to admit, I seen the hovering orange light in the sky myself which made the local news. :P

There was an incident decades ago in town, in the Dechmont law area. Where a UFO tried to abduct someone. There was even a police investigation into it.

Jake Featherston
10-09-2011, 07:25 AM
I believe in the UFO (and USO) phenomena. I tend to think of them more in crypto-terrestrial (or ultra-terrestrial) terms, rather than an explicitly extra-terrestrial origin.

_______
10-09-2011, 07:55 AM
not sure. i know it sounds odd, but i'm not very interested in them

safinator
10-30-2011, 12:51 AM
Without a doubt i say YES.

The Lawspeaker
10-30-2011, 01:27 AM
I have seen so many flying saucers in my life when the neighbours had another fight.. and I couldn't identity all of those flying objects so... :wink

beaver
10-30-2011, 05:11 AM
I observed long ago one strange object moving very quickly from west to east. It could be sattelite but there is one problem - it resembled the moon (something round and translucent) not star.

Baron Samedi
10-30-2011, 05:16 AM
I believe in Nazi UFO's (Haunbeu).

Boudica
10-30-2011, 05:55 AM
I believe that there is life elsewhere, after all, who is anyone to say that there isn't, we haven't even gone out of our own tiny solar system, which is tiny compared to the practically infinite size of outerspace it's self. There are trillions of other planets and countless amounts of other solar systems.. We have recently found planets barely outside of our solar system that they believe we could even live on due to their similar climates..

Why wouldn't there be life elsewhere? I won't write a novel or anything or go deeply into it, but once you consider the facts, and take into account the practically infinite size of space it's self, it becomes a matter of mathematics/statistics, and equations of probability.. These type of equations have been done before in regards to this, and of course it comes out as being highly likely for other life out there..

As to UFO's themselves, well while I think that there are REAL cases of truly UNIDENTIFIED objects, I also think that there are people who report these UFO's, that don't have the knowledge of the possibilities as to what they could be seeing, or become so overly excited that they hallucinate in a way.. With all of the reports and even footage of UFO's, I would say that there have been some though..

However, I do ask myself why would these extraterrestrials, or whatever they may be, not use some sort of cloaking device to make their craft invisible? Surely these beings would have the technology for this if they are able to travel so far into deep space in such a short amount of time and come to our our planet which is surely light years beyond light years away from theirs.. After all, we as humans haven't come anywhere near to creating such technologically advanced means of travel, are venturing into invisibility cloaks, etc in order to further advance stealth technology,etc.. What would their reason be for showing their spacecrafts if they don't wish to communicate with whom they are being shown to?

Templar
10-30-2011, 06:38 AM
No, I don’t believe we have been visited by beings from another planet, but I don’t know if they are out there.

We are living in an the age of instant information via the Internet, in a time where just about everyone carries a smartphone with a video camera, a time when loyalty to any government isn’t seen as a high moral value and secrets are exposed by sites like Wikileaks, and in a time when the definition of “Top Secret” means any secret can be sold to the top bidder.

I also want to point out that when people point to strange lights in the night sky, don’t we have to ask; why would advance life-forms need lights on their “spaceships”?

Or when we hear stories about radar picking up “UFO’s” because there is no record of military, commercial or private aircraft using that airspace – shouldn’t we expect that advanced life-forms would have stealth technology if we have it?

Argyll
10-31-2011, 04:06 PM
When I had my big alien obession during 6th grade, I was teased and picked on mercelessly. Whenever I tried to explain how extraterrestriels existed, the students would just laugh at me and think of me as crazy. I have actually seen a UFO twice in my life. The most recent one: when I was wondering outside my house at night, at around 7:30, I saw this odd bright star like object in the sky moving silently. At first I was like, could this be a plane or a jet? But there was a jet flying beside. So, I was just staring up in awe at it. I tried to get some of my family members to come outside and see it, but they all thought I was crazy. So I went back outside and just watched. It was pretty amazing.
I also do believe in the Roswell/Area 51 stuff, but don't get much into it.

If it's not already been said, there almost certainly have been/will be other inteligent life that we could recognise. But would they exist at the same time as us? our planet is about 3.6billion years old but we have only bee capable of receiving signals for about 100 years, our planet and sun are not one of the first generation either.

Even if a society did form and was transmitting now, we would not be about to receive the signals by the time they reached us. What is the lifespan of a technologically advanced civilisation?

It is very short because our kind’s consciousness is not static.

I believe that a built-in purpose of any tool making civilization is to re-engineer itself into another species. We were apes, then humans (or post-animals), and now we are entering the age when we are beginning to gradually apply our tool making abilities to redefinition of ourselves. The end result will be the first generation of transhumans.

Our current human state will probably become history during the next 200-1000 years. And as we evolve into another species we will certainly acquire a different comprehension of the Universe that will leave our current post-animal naive curiosity and dreams of “contact” behind but generate a different, perhaps more rich Ontology of existence.

The Universe is us. And, as we change, so is the Universe.

Logan
11-13-2011, 02:07 AM
It is very short because our kind’s consciousness is not static.

I believe that a built-in purpose of any tool making civilization is to re-engineer itself into another species. We were apes, then humans (or post-animals), and now we are entering the age when we are beginning to gradually apply our tool making abilities to redefinition of ourselves. The end result will be the first generation of transhumans.

Our current human state will probably become history during the next 200-1000 years. And as we evolve into another species we will certainly acquire a different comprehension of the Universe that will leave our current post-animal naive curiosity and dreams of “contact” behind but generate a different, perhaps more rich Ontology of existence.

The Universe is us. And, as we change, so it the Universe.

Nice to hear a bit of optimism. I thought it had went out with H.G.:coffee:

Wonder where my thoughts are from? They are a bit bleaker.:cool:

Curtis24
11-13-2011, 02:13 AM
I don't think any UFOs have ever visited Earth, yet I believe there may be intelligent life out there.

Unurautare
11-13-2011, 02:50 AM
Do you believe in unicorns? No,but if you saw one you'd change your mind. xD

Tabiti
11-13-2011, 05:24 PM
I believe that UFO's are just technologies kept in secret.
Every man with average intelligence would accept the fact there is a big possibility of another life form existance out of our planet, however I don't think it is like the green/gray large eyed Mongoloid creatures flying around in Star wars like ships kidnapping people.

Quasimodem
11-16-2011, 01:47 PM
I have actually seen a UFO twice in my life. The most recent one: when I was wondering outside my house at night, at around 7:30, I saw this odd bright star like object in the sky moving silently. At first I was like, could this be a plane or a jet? But there was a jet flying beside. So, I was just staring up in awe at it. I tried to get some of my family members to come outside and see it, but they all thought I was crazy. So I went back outside and just watched. It was pretty amazing.

Was it the space station?

TaPQqCofwQc

What was the date you saw it?

Duckelf
11-16-2011, 02:09 PM
No, of course not. There is no scientific evidence nor any rational reason to believe that we have been visited by aliens.

Argyll
11-16-2011, 08:12 PM
Was it the space station?

TaPQqCofwQc

What was the date you saw it?

I can't quite remember, but it definately was not a space station; it was too close for that. As I am a believer in the conspiriacy theories (though not raving mad), I think that the local air force base, Shaw Air Force Base, may have had something to do with it.

Dead Eye
02-09-2012, 04:18 PM
I do believe in UFO's but i am now more inclined to believe that they are something that the military has under wraps.I first started to believe that they might be something to do with the military when i heard about the Nazi's and their space programme and all of the other high tech UFO's,if you will,that they had.

The only thing that now makes me think otherwise is all of the sightings in centuries gone by.Unless we have of course mastered time travel.

Neanderthal
02-09-2012, 04:22 PM
It would be selfish to think we are the only ' inteligent ' race in the universe so to speak, so to put it bluntly, yeah, I do believe in UFO's, tho, many of the things I hear about them sound like fairy tales.

Svipdag
02-10-2012, 07:12 PM
Let me put it this way. I have often said that I have seen many unidentified flying objects. However, I do not claim to be an expert at identifying flying objects.

I have seen nothing that I would call uncanny. I have seen photographs of things purported to be UFO's which are obviously mirages. One from Israel looked like the facade of a hotel ! I'm sure that it WAS a mirage image of the facade of a hotel, and, if its discoverer would just look around downtown Tel Aviv, I'm sure he would find it.

Some I recognise as cumulus lenticulatus clouds. The erratic zig-zag motions reported of some UFO's are due to fatigue of the eye muscles. On a dark night, stare at a distant street light and watch it jump around. I am not trying to debunk UFO's, merely stating that, as an amateur astronomer who has spent many hours gazing at the sky, I have never seen anything that I considered unexplainable.

"Raffiniert ist der Herr Gott, aber boshaft ist er nicht." - Albert Einstein

Pallantides
11-06-2012, 02:47 PM
I believe there might be other advanced life-forms out there, but I'm not sure if any of them have visited earth yet.

Peyrol
11-06-2012, 02:51 PM
Just read some books of John Keel, Jacques Vallèe, Michel Aimè, Bud Hopkins, Carl Sagan, Allen Hynek, James Condon, Robert Temple, etc.

Anglojew
11-07-2012, 08:39 AM
This question is badly phased; UFOs are real as they are anything unidentified flying in the sky (or space). The real question is are some of these unidentified objects not manmade and from other intergalactic civilizations?

Scientists speculate there's literally thousands of planets (possibly millions) capable of sustaining life. That there is life elsewhere in the universe is therefore a logical probability knowing what we know of elements and the composition of the universe. The next questions are if that life is intelligent and if those intelligences have visited earth.

I myself subscribe to the ancient aliens hypothesis first postulated by Erich Von Daniken.

Aunt Hilda
12-28-2012, 05:19 AM

no, cuz I'm not crazy

Virtuous
12-28-2012, 05:26 AM
An "unidentified flying object" is not necessarily an Alien spacecraft, could be anything.

I am skeptical.

I don't say I don't believe but with all the fake videos out there, even if there might be legit ones, I it's hard to trust. However I do believe in other intelligent life not only in our Galaxy but specially in the entire Universe.

MfA_
12-28-2012, 05:39 AM
I believe there are many more/less intellegent species out there, but not sure about the UFOs.. It's absurd to believe we earthlings are the only ones in gigantic space..

Scarlet Ibis
12-28-2012, 06:11 AM
Not if we're talking about extraterrestrial beings visiting earth, but I still sleep with the tv on as a nightlight to see if there are any grays coming to try to abduct me. I watched too many 90s abduction movies and tv shows as a kid.

Peyrol
12-28-2012, 10:36 AM
Not if we're talking about extraterrestrial beings visiting earth, but I still sleep with the tv on as a nightlight to see if there are any grays coming to try to abduct me. I watched too many 90s abduction movies and tv shows as a kid.

This movie ruined my kid life :p

http://www.containsmoderateperil.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/fire-in-the-sky-original.jpg

Anglojew
12-28-2012, 10:38 AM
No but they believe in me.

Heart of Oak
12-28-2012, 11:28 AM
Yes I believe in them, My beliefe is that they have been visiting for some time, as some sort of gardners, at the moment the garden is a little wild an over grown, they maybe come every now an again...
to sort things out, put things to rights so to speak, I believe they have been coming for before the ice ages, forming our lands, our seas our moutains, in fact everything...

It is impossible to think us the only intelligence on or in this megerverse, or a larger number one so big it would have too have its own univers to hold it...

I just hope they are not war like...
live long an prosper Sinbad...
:thumb001::thumb001::thumb001::thumb001::thumb001: :thumb001:

Partizan
12-28-2012, 11:33 AM
I consider the possibility, there might be more advanced life forms than us.

But the Hollywood cliche with round UFOs and egg headed green aliens? Nah!

Toretto
12-28-2012, 11:53 AM
I do not believe.

But just look at the sky for a night in the summer on the mediterranean sea and you can see a lot of strange things...
the sky full of stars, just fix points, and see some stars that move or disappear

Blackout
12-28-2012, 12:19 PM
Yes I do believe that 'unidentified flying objects' exist. I don't think however, that they arrive from outer space. They are probably just 'spy' aircraft! :laugh:

Virtuous
01-25-2013, 11:44 AM
I been following this guy's posts for a while, this time he uploaded something really cool.

7Am9Gp8jw9w

chocolatcandy
01-29-2013, 11:56 AM
They're just a real as giant space ships from mars.

Loki
04-09-2013, 02:09 AM
Good video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYPCKIL7oVw

Scholarios
04-09-2013, 02:20 AM
nope!

Teyrn
04-09-2013, 02:27 AM
I've seen UFOs a couple of times. When I saw ball lightning once I nearly crapped my pants in fear.

I think that the UFOs people see are plasmoids:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasmoid

It's hard to explain but there are plasmic and magnetic events that take place between our sun and our planet that make, mmm, apparations. I think a good example of a plasmoid is the Norway spiral:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Norwegian_spiral_anomaly

I have a neutral belief in intelligent non-humans, however. I judge the existence of intelligent non-humans from the perspective of a Catholic believer- which is to say it's entirely possible but not 100% certain.

Aredhel
04-09-2013, 02:37 AM
No, most of the so-called UFO's videos are fake

The.Mask
04-09-2013, 02:38 AM
No idea about UFO's but Aliens may exist.

This was discovered in Egyptian pyramids 4000 years ago...This is not human representative

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/733792_238341106312489_664649658_n.jpg

Diërker
04-09-2013, 02:52 AM
Have you heard that the Nazi's fled from Germany prior to the end of World War II to Antarctica? I've been studying this for years. And I can't thoroughly explain it, So i'll just post a video so you get a glimpse of what I mean. It's a long-going Myth that of course, The Nazis are dead. But they discovered that the earth was hollow, and they even have an unopened bunker in Queen Maud's Land, Antarctica. Lake Vostok near Russia, has an underwater cavern that has a Nazi UFO inside. It's true!

Check it out about the Nazis! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6feES9AGKsY)
Lake Vostok, A German Nazi Base? (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/blogpost/post/lake-vostok-was-once-a-german-nazi-base-russian-news-agency-says/2012/02/07/gIQAKo9RwQ_blog.html)

Loki
04-09-2013, 08:52 AM
There is a 100% possibility that intelligent life exists elsewhere within our galaxy. And there are billions of galaxies.

The.Mask
05-20-2013, 10:14 PM
16th - 17th century. The Christ represented with two UFO's.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/165417_262039317276001_2085650730_n.jpg

Aunt Hilda
05-20-2013, 10:49 PM
:picard2:

Roy
05-20-2013, 10:56 PM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/165417_262039317276001_2085650730_n.jpg

These are not UFO-s believe me ... :)
You can check for it, it isn't there for no reason.
Anyway I do believe in the existence of extraterrestrial intelligent life.

Aunt Hilda
05-20-2013, 11:02 PM
^ my old history of art teacher is turning in his grave.......

Pontios
05-20-2013, 11:06 PM

Those are Cherubim Angels... not UFO's. Have you not heard of the differences between Angels? The Cherubim and the Seraphim?

http://stjohnmemphis.org/wp-content/uploads/Cherubim.jpg

Loki
05-23-2013, 01:52 PM
But they discovered that the earth was hollow,

The earth is not hollow ...

ABest
05-23-2013, 01:57 PM
I generally do believe that extraterrestrial life definitely exists, so I do "believe" in UFOs, yes. In general, I find the topic of aliens extremely fascinating! :D

Roy
05-23-2013, 02:01 PM
The earth is not hollow ...

I only heard that the moon is ...

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2010/12/nasa-photos-confirm-moon-is-artificial-317206.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollow_Moon

Insuperable
05-23-2013, 02:05 PM
There is a 100% possibility that intelligent life exists elsewhere within our galaxy. And there are billions of galaxies.

Based on what do you say this? I used to post many latest scientific sources which say the otherwise on an another thread.

Loki
05-23-2013, 02:07 PM
Based on what do you say this? I used to post many latest scientific sources which say the otherwise on an another thread.

The vast majority of scientists and mathematicians believe this. I know you won't, as a religionist.

Insuperable
05-23-2013, 11:38 PM
The vast majority of scientists and mathematicians believe this. I know you won't, as a religionist.

Do you believe in aliens because you are an atheist? Isn't that stupid question? Many people here
who are religious, Christian or not said they believe in the extraterrestrial life. Stefan posted many videos where famous cosmologists and astrobiologists (who are atheists) talk about the extremely low chances for life in the Universe.
Is Stefan a religious guy or those cosmologists in that case? Gimme a break! Did not occur to you that something could be just the way it is and I support it because of that and not because I am a religionist?

Examples
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1016214/What-odds-finding-ET-Slim-says-professor.html
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/444707/20130311/professor-alien-life-exist-habitable-planets-out.htm
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2136204/E-T-home-Scientists-say-Earth-fluke-Milky-Ways-billions-planets-lifeless.html

I support exactly what the latter scientists have said and that is:
"It doesn't mean we're alone — only that there's no reason to think otherwise."

The problem is that there are universal fundamental building blocks of life or subunits of life and a chance for them to assemble, that is, all those sequences in the right order is extremely low what ever model you use (not to mention an intelligent life and not to mention technologically advanced life as we are) and no matter how many galaxies and how many planets are there in each of this galaxies so it is strange when someone just like that, out of the thin air, say there is 100% chance for the intelligent life to exist elsewhere only in our galaxy alone.

The Lawspeaker
05-23-2013, 11:40 PM
Well.. when my neighbours have a fight I cannot immediate identity every flying object that comes flying through their windows so yes.. I suppose I do.

Tifa Lockhart
05-23-2013, 11:42 PM
Not really, In dreams it might happen, When I was a young kid, I Think UFO's Were from Outter space, It might have been a long long time ago when UFO's were real.

Loki
05-23-2013, 11:44 PM
I support exactly what the latter scientists have said and that is:
"It doesn't mean we're alone — only that there's no reason to think otherwise."

But there is a very good reason. The Earth is not unique as a planet. There are billions of other planets in galaxies that have similar conditions to harbor life. We're just too "small" to explore that far until now.

The problem is that there are universal fundamental building blocks of life or subunits of life and a chance for them to
assemble, that is, all those sequences in the right order is extremely low what ever model you use (not to mention
an intelligent life and not to mention technologically advanced life as we are) and no matter how many galaxies and how many planets are there in each of this galaxies so it is strange when someone just like that, out of the thin air, say there is 100% chance for the intelligent life to exist elsewhere only in our galaxy alone.

That's why I said, even with such a small chance, mathematically it is still possible that there are millions of planets that harbor intelligent life. THAT is how expansive the universe is.

Tifa Lockhart
05-23-2013, 11:44 PM
I don't think so, When I was a little girl I think that UFO's were in outter space, I think They might Have been real a long long time ago Even you might see UFO's In your dream if you want to see.

Virtuous
05-23-2013, 11:46 PM
Yes, I believe 'Unidentified Flying Objects' are real and such sightings happen all the time :lol:.

Hell I once mistaken a plastic bag on a windy day for an an ET-spacecraft.

Insuperable
05-23-2013, 11:56 PM
But there is a very good reason. The Earth is not unique as a planet. There are billions of other planets in galaxies that have similar conditions to harbor life. We're just too "small" to explore that far until now.

That's why I said, even with such a small chance, mathematically it is still possible that there are millions of planets that harbor intelligent life. THAT is how expansive the universe is.

The size of the Universe is actually very very small in order to produce this building blocks of life to create large number of advanced intelligent lives "today", not to mention as you claim millions of them. We all know how big the Universe is, blah, blah, blah. Some figure it only lately and are astonished, but it is even more astonishing how complicated life is on a cellular level and chance to pop something like there just like that in a specified time to create millions of intelligent lives today is astronomically small even compared to the size of the Universe.

Loki
05-24-2013, 12:06 AM
The size of the Universe is actually very very small in order to produce this building blocks of life millions of years ago and create advanced intelligent life just like that, not to mention as you claim millions of them. We all know how big the Universe is, blah, blah, blah. Some figure it only lately and are astonished, but it is even more astonishing how complicated life is on a cellular level and chance to pop something like there just like that is small even compared to the size of the Universe.

I don't doubt the complication of life. But the fact remains that life can evolve anywhere if given the right building blocks and atmospheric conditions.

Insuperable
05-24-2013, 12:30 AM
I don't doubt the complication of life. But the fact remains that life can evolve anywhere if given the right building blocks and atmospheric conditions.

In order for evolution to start you need to have right building blocks and conditions in the first place which will create a cell, the basic unit of life and its not called like that for no reason. That is the whole point. Billions of years ago it was a very hard task to produce it for us and scientists usually say that the evolution of a man was a rapid one. So what makes you think that our galaxy is swarming with the intelligent life?

Loki
05-24-2013, 12:33 AM
In order for evolution to start you need to have right building blocks and conditions in the first place which will create a cell, the basic unit of life and its not called like that for no reason. That is the whole point. Billions of years ago it was a very hard task to produce it for us and scientists usually say that the evolution of a man was a rapid one. So what makes you think that our galaxy is swarming with the intelligent life?

Because it is huge, and many other "earths" exist. Fact. it is also old ... enough time for those processes to have taken place.

lamb
05-24-2013, 12:50 AM
Has anyone heard of Boyd Bushman? I'm not sure I completely believe, but he is an interesting case. He is an engineer for Lockheed Martin, an international aerospace company, and claims that he helped reverse engineer an "alien aircraft."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5DOpWtRfg

The.Mask
05-24-2013, 01:11 AM
Those are Cherubim Angels... not UFO's. Have you not heard of the differences between Angels? The Cherubim and the Seraphim?

No sorry never heard, Religion is like Music & Sports some people are interested some others aren't. But i've learnd something, thanks anyway.

Insuperable
05-24-2013, 02:00 PM

There are 10^92 atoms in the observable Universe. This are all those galaxies and all those earths. RNA hypothesis (as the name says it is still even a hypothesis though there are some evidence to suggest it) suggests that the RNA is a basic building block (compared to even larger blocks), the first genetic material out of which DNA, other acids and finally cells emerged. The probability for the RNA molecule to be assembled once could be less than the reciprocal value of 10^92. So that is why some some scientists believe that there should be even smaller basic genetic materials, but that is so far going too far into the discussion. Do you get the picture now?

Scandalf
09-26-2013, 07:07 PM
Yes, "Unidentified Flying Objects" have always existed.
Do I believe some of them are "intelligent extraterrestrial phenomena"?
Maybe.

Scandalf
09-26-2013, 07:23 PM
No sorry never heard, Religion is like Music & Sports some people are interested some others aren't. But i've learnd something, thanks anyway.

LOL! Fù@king LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Scandalf
09-26-2013, 07:32 PM
There are 10^92 atoms in the observable Universe. This are all those galaxies and all those earths. RNA hypothesis (as the name says it is still even a hypothesis though there are some evidence to suggest it) suggests that the RNA is a basic building block (compared to even larger blocks), the first genetic material out of which DNA, other acids and finally cells emerged. The probability for the RNA molecule to be assembled once could be less than the reciprocal value of 10^92. So that is why some some scientists believe that there should be even smaller basic genetic materials, but that is so far going too far into the discussion. Do you get the picture now?

Indeed I get it! Plus, "atmosphere" is not necessary.

Nehellenia
01-12-2014, 06:43 AM
The universe is so large, i find it hard to believe that there are so many UFO sightings here on Earth, yet for the same reason, due to the infinite size of universe, to think that we are the only species inhabiting it, is extremely pretentious and ignorant.

Jackson
01-20-2014, 06:21 PM
I think it's quite likely, after doing some research on it. Although other explanations could be hi-tech military craft, although they'd have to be really hi-tech. Could be both. Definitely a lot of the reports are false or fabricated though too.

Leadchucker
01-20-2014, 06:28 PM
Definitely will not discount the possibility. There much unknown in the universe and you'd have to be silly to not say it's possible. We don't even know what's in the ocean on our own planet.

Furnace
01-20-2014, 06:30 PM
Yes, Unknown Flying Objects are seen every day, so yeah, I believe in them. Most of them are however not so interesting, as they are just space debris or failing satellites. The chances of intelligent life existing in the universe is VERY high, the chances of them finding us/caring about us is very low. Hell, if I belonged to a space travelling civilization I wouldn't bother with this chaotic planet at all.

Jackson
01-20-2014, 07:11 PM
Yes, Unknown Flying Objects are seen every day, so yeah, I believe in them. Most of them are however not so interesting, as they are just space debris or failing satellites. The chances of intelligent life existing in the universe is VERY high, the chances of them finding us/caring about us is very low. Hell, if I belonged to a space travelling civilization I wouldn't bother with this chaotic planet at all.

Doesn't mean they wouldn't be bothered though. :P
After all there's so many differences of opinion among only our species, the likelihood is that any extra-terrestrial species would probably think about things in a somewhat different way.

Stormer99
01-20-2014, 07:30 PM
I believe there is a lot being covered up about UFOs. They are mostly U.S. government aircraft IMO.

YeshAtid
01-20-2014, 07:58 PM
I believe there is a lot being covered up about UFOs. They are mostly U.S. government aircraft IMO.

The evil J00Z are behind it

Smeagol
01-20-2014, 08:12 PM

:rolleyes:

Loki
01-20-2014, 08:14 PM

US aircraft are not that advanced yet.

YeshAtid
01-20-2014, 08:20 PM
:rolleyes:

It's true though. Palestinians are actually an alien-negro hybrid. Jews are an alien-Sicilian hybrid.

Smeagol
01-20-2014, 08:21 PM
It's true though. Palestinians are actually an alien-negro hybrid. Jews are an alien-Sicilian hybrid.

Yeah, I guess.

The Illyrian Warrior
01-20-2014, 08:22 PM
Ofc I do. :)

YeshAtid
01-20-2014, 08:24 PM
Yeah, I guess.

I heard rumours Ashley Wilkes was kidnapped by aliens.

Smeagol
01-20-2014, 08:25 PM
I heard rumours Ashley Wilkes was kidnapped by aliens.

Palestinian JB aliens?

YeshAtid
01-20-2014, 08:51 PM
Palestinian JB aliens?

They're not resourceful enough

Black Wolf
01-20-2014, 08:52 PM
Yes.

Jackson
01-20-2014, 09:09 PM

Both are 100% human as far as genetics are concerned...

Jackson
01-20-2014, 09:10 PM
This is interesting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud49Gh9yYLs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpHAxxRKksQ

Svipdag
01-21-2014, 12:55 AM

That, sir, is a statement of faith, not of fact. Exobiology has the dubious distinctioin of being the only science the subject matter of which is not known to exist !

Svipdag
01-21-2014, 01:15 AM
I consider it highly likely that life of some sort exists elsewhere in the cosmos. If intelligence had high survival value, it would be equally likely that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the cosmos. However, it is of survival value only to frail-bodied, relatively slow-moving, unarmored, fangless, clawless oranisms such as us. It is the last resort for those which fail of any other survival advantage.

On this planet, the rise of an intelligent life-form had to wait until the extinction of pre-existing large predators. The Dinosaurs ruled the terrestrial fauna for about 140 million years. They neither had nor needed intelligence. They had sheer size, enormous teeth, claws, and armor. Despite the absurd claims of some Creationists that Man and the Dinosaurs were contemporaneous, Man would be a mere snack for a Dinosaur and would have survived at most for a few days.

Yet, the Dinosaurs became extinct about 60 million years ago and man is no older than about 5 million years. What took so long ?
In the early Cenozoic, following the extinction of the Dinosaurs, their ecological niche was soon filled by giant mammals which were nearly as formidable to such feeble frail critters as us. We had to wait for THEM to become extinct also before our vaunted intelligence enabled us to survive in competition with much smaller and less dangerous carnivores.

If intelligence is of such small survival value, it would be surprising if it were at all common in the cosmos. Indeed, it would be likely to be extremely rare.

Jackson
01-21-2014, 01:57 AM
I consider it highly likely that life of some sort exists elsewhere in the cosmos. If intelligence had high survival value, it would be equally likely that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the cosmos. However, it is of survival value only to frail-bodied, relatively slow-moving, unarmored, fangless, clawless oranisms such as us. It is the last resort for those which fail of any other survival advantage.

On this planet, the rise of an intelligent life-form had to wait until the extinction of pre-existing large predators. The Dinosaurs ruled the terrestrial fauna for about 140 million years. They neither had nor needed intelligence. They had sheer size, enormous teeth, claws, and armor. Despite the absurd claims of some Creationists that Man and the Dinosaurs were contemporaneous, Man would be a mere snack for a Dinosaur and would have survived at most for a few days.

Yet, the Dinosaurs became extinct about 60 million years ago and man is no older than about 5 million years. What took so long ?
In the early Cenozoic, following the extinction of the Dinosaurs, their ecological niche was soon filled by giant mammals which were nearly as formidable to such feeble frail critters as us. We had to wait for THEM to become extinct also before our vaunted intelligence enabled us to survive in competition with much smaller and less dangerous carnivores.

If intelligence is of such small survival value, it would be surprising if it were at all common in the cosmos. Indeed, it would be likely to be extremely rare.

That's a very interesting point. I suppose intelligence is valuable more in the long term than the short term, and gives us a massive advantage in the long term. Certainly our level of intelligence seems to be extremely rare on this planet alone (considering we are one of many different species, not the amount of people living), more like the exception than the rule. But then if it can occur within a relatively small time in an extremely minuscule part of the universe, the size of the universe suggests that despite how unlikely it is to happen, it must have happened, be happening, or happen at some point, on many separate occasions.

Loki
01-21-2014, 02:42 AM

I agree. However given the size of the universe, and the proliferation of galaxies and stars in them, there should be plenty, even if chances are slim. Most people do not comprehend how many star systems there are. Billions upon billions.

Diërker
01-21-2014, 02:42 AM
Loki, I belive in the UFEOS

Svipdag
01-21-2014, 03:28 AM
I agree. However given the size of the universe, and the proliferation of galaxies and stars in them, there should be plenty, even if chances are slim. Most people do not comprehend how many star systems there are. Billions upon billions.

Thank you, Carl Sagan.

Ctwentysevenj
10-27-2014, 05:45 AM
I think this guy is from another planet. He is from planet Wogopia:D
http://www.ozini.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/unibrow1.jpg

Ctwentysevenj
10-27-2014, 05:51 AM
They say the universe is 13.5 billion years . Earth is just over 5 billion years old, and out of that, it took about 3 billion years to form basic life, then a few billions years later to form modern humans. So the likelihood of more advance life forms out there is quite remote. Yes there are probably microbes out there.

Pinatèu
02-10-2015, 08:07 PM
Yes, I do believe in Unidentified Flying Objects, I just have no idea what they could be. One thing is sure, they are not secret military aircrafts as sightings have been reported a long time before we even used dirigibles. I do not think it has anything to do with extraterrestrial lifeforms, however.

Vasconcelos
02-10-2015, 08:10 PM
No, but I do like watching alien-related stuff on tv, even if I don't buy any of it. I find the theories entertaining, for some reason.

Instinct
02-10-2015, 08:14 PM
Yes, since I have a few weird experiences.

Aldaris
02-10-2015, 08:15 PM
There is certainly much to deal with before dismissing it. All the sightings, abductions or animal mutilations can't all be explained conventionally, in my opinion. But still, I'm not making any assumptions and I stay away from pointing my finger towards extraterrestrials.

Prince Of Macrobia
02-10-2015, 08:16 PM
UFO is an Unidentified Flying Object, I've seen many random videos on YOUTUBE, but maybe there are other intelligent life forms out there somewhere in the universe.

Dr. Robotnik the Subbotnik
02-10-2015, 08:18 PM
I don't believe in UFOs, but I do believe in magic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDYNuD4CwlI

barbatus
02-10-2015, 08:20 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equation

Aldaris
02-10-2015, 08:23 PM
when there's evidence

In UFO community, generally accepted explanation for the "lack" of evidence is, that all the evidence is being covered-up.

Dandelion
02-10-2015, 08:23 PM
Technically an UFO is an Unidentified Flying Object. So, yes. A flying saucer is something I think is bogus, and I neither think 'they' have visited us. :p

I've voted 'no' based on this question:

Aldaris
02-10-2015, 08:27 PM
i asked for evidence not conspiracy theories

If those people are right, there is plenty of evidence, even though it is hidden. It would still be an evidence, regardless of its accessibility. A proof for a regular citizen is ovbiously something we lack.

barbatus
02-10-2015, 08:29 PM
i asked for evidence not conspiracy theories

There is no evidence, of course. But I posted a link to the wiki article about the Drake equation. What we do know for sure is that we SHOULD be getting visited. And yet there's no evidence that we are. That's called the Fermi paradox

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermi_paradox

barbatus
02-10-2015, 08:35 PM
i want to make it clear that i do believe in aliens, but not the hollywood style gun wielding ufo aliens

I think that's the most reasonable approach. Outright denying the existence of extraterrestrial life would be unscientific. The math is there.
But of course, there is no real evidence of visitation. So, the likelihood they exist is greater than that they don't but we can't prove it.

QuickLikeRobben
02-10-2015, 08:47 PM
Yeah, I also beliebe in the boogeyman.

SupaThug
02-10-2015, 08:58 PM
No,I don't!

safinator
02-10-2015, 09:51 PM
This summer i filmed a video of a succesion of UFOS flying on a July night in my town, maybe i will upload the video on youtube one of this days.

Loki
02-11-2015, 12:15 AM
This summer i filmed a video of a succesion of UFOS flying on a July night in my town, maybe i will upload the video on youtube one of this days.

Looking forward to that!

Heart of Oak
02-17-2015, 08:17 AM
Speak for yourself Carl, I have teeth, and a glock 17 and more they won't take me Easily...

Manifest Destiny
02-17-2015, 08:21 AM
Considering the huge number of stars and planets out there, I think there's a good chance that extraterrestrial life exists. But I'm not convinced that little green men are here and handing out free anal probes.

Linebacker
02-17-2015, 08:28 AM
I believe in the machines UFO,but I don't believe its aliens.

There is plenty of information leading to disk-shaped objects being developed and tested since WW2.UFOs are in fact man-made.

Hong Key
02-17-2015, 08:39 AM
I do not know 100% what to think about them, there is just to many people who are seeing Flying Objects that are Unidentifiable. Who's flying them? Dudes in green uniforms, like Russian air force or intergalactic little green men? Not sure. What I am interested in is the UFO/Annunaki/space/Mars meme's and how the elites might use it. And the fact more then half of the people who voted said yes.

Beware Asteroids & Aliens – The Next Big Threat (http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2013/02/beware-asteroids-aliens-the-next-big-threat-2565556.html)

The ultimate weapon to save or destroy us all

Dr Carol S. Rosin is claiming to have insider information as to why the governments may use the threat of asteroids and extra terrestrials to justify weaponizing space, and there may be reason to listen to her. The series of threats leading up to the last card is supposed to go down like this; Communists–Terrorists–Nations of Concern–Asteroids–Aliens. And this was being said in the 70′s.

The Scandal to Weaponize Space
Having weapons in space is the check mate, the final stage in the game of worldly dominance. It is a child of war and an aspiration of peace—and around the corner. Space weaponization is a means to ultimate surveillance, collection of intelligence, and an easy way to threaten somebody else into following the rules, lest you be bombed. Its very possible to achieve as it only costs twice as much as what the US spent on the first atomic bomb. That is probably why there are laws made in the 60′s to prevent its manifestation. But laws like this made during the same time have been repeatedly ignored by the ones who made them, like the laws to ban nuclear proliferation and ballistic missiles, both of which have become a a very real part of life. President D Eisenhower once said that
“No nation should seek to control or weaponize space lest it provokes others to do the same.”

Dr Carol Sue Rosin’s Testimony Investigated
Dr Rosin, a well-known social and humanitarian figure, attested in May of 2001 that Wernher Von Bruan (The man who first thought up the idea of using weapons in space as a means to achieving world-peace) repeatedly told her in the 70′s that the federal government of the United States would subsequently create lies and false threats in order to sell the idea of weaponizing space to the general public. The first threat would come from “commies”, followed by terrorists, then to be third world country “crazies”, after that asteroids, and then finally extra terrestrials. Lets investigate the following predictions.

1)Commies—Looking at the evidence, the threat of communist soviet union did prompt policy makers into funding space-based technologies during the 40′s and 50′s, among other things. The cold war was the motivating factor in the creation of missiles, rockets, and space travel. Von Braun even campaigned for a nuclear-armed space station as a means to achieving space superiority against communist powers.

2)Terrorist—The next threat that was predicted to come, was the terrorist threat. Looking at the situation in Iran it feels possible that the ‘provoking’ president Eisenhower was talking about has already started. Iran shocked experts when it successfully placed a satellite into space early 2009, and created its first intercontinental ballistic missile not too long after, a feat that most intellectuals believed wouldn’t be achieved until 2015. Not only that but now it seems that Iran is on its way to making its first nuclear weapon, or already has. Iran dismisses any fear as western propaganda.

3)Third World Countries (Nation of Concern)—While the terrorist threat is at its peak, the new one is supposedly coming from a nation of concern. The Ugandan famous warlord KONY seems to fulfil the prophecy. Although there is no grounds to build space weaponry due to the small warlord, it does seem accurately odd that Von Braun would predict the next threat to come from a Nation of Concern.

EDIT: many would argue Nation of Concern are like a nuclear Iran or North Korea. So #2 would not be a nation but an international terrorist group like Al-Qaeda. The author flipped the definitions.

4)Asteroids—The next threat could be the likes of a near earth object, astroid DA14, which is predicted to just scrape past earth in 2013. NASA says that the asteroid is “sobering” in the sense that it will be the closest an object has come to hitting the earth. If it did hit earth, it would have the impact of a thermonuclear bomb. Although the asteroid will not hit us, NASA is sure to mention that even if an asteroid were to hit earth, we would not be prepared, as it would take two years to create a spacecraft designed to deflect it. Hmm… Are you following?

(Posted March 12, 2012) “Discussions about asteroid deflection aren’t just academic exercises. Huge impacts are a part of our planet’s history; one wiped out the dinosaurs 65 million years ago, and it’s just a matter of time before another big space rock lines Earth up in its sights, astronomers say.” (Space.com)

5)Extra Terrestrials —To be revealed…

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2013/02/beware-asteroids-aliens-the-next-big-threat-2565556.html

Hong Key
02-17-2015, 08:44 AM
Two articles from this week

Former Obama aide Podesta regrets not disclosing UFO files
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?160575-Former-Obama-aide-regrets-not-disclosing-UFO-files

Russia Orders Obama: TELL THE WORLD ABOUT ALIENS, Or We Will
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?160575-Former-Obama-aide-regrets-not-disclosing-UFO-files&p=3403946&viewfull=1#post3403946

caviezel
02-17-2015, 04:08 PM
in 99,99% of the cases I don't believe it or I'm skeptic but in the case of Roswell I came to the conclusion that it was a real thing.

Unome
02-17-2015, 04:51 PM
Can't remember if I already posted in this thread but…

I am very confident there is intelligence in the universe far beyond the imagination of mankind.

Our greatest technologies and power wouldn't be 1/10th of theirs.

The "gods" are real.

♥ Lily ♥
02-17-2015, 05:29 PM
To me, the term UFO means something in the sky which has yet to be identified, so yes I do believe in UFOs. Although UFOs often turn out to be military planes, satellites, laser beams, or rocks from the asteroid belt, once they're identified.

But putting spacecraft, military planes, laser beams, asteroids, and satellites to one side, I also think that it's quite probable there could be other forms of life somewhere out there in the massive universe. The chances of other life-forms finding or being able to visit our own small planet in a massive universe may be slim though...who knows?

I think it would be arrogant to assume that only millions of various species and life-formations can evolve on our own planet orbiting around our own star (the sun,) and on no other planets in the massive universe. There's other solar systems already existing, or in formation, in the Milky Way and in other galaxies in the universe, and I think that it's very possible there could be other life-forms in the universe, given the right combinations of temperature and gases for life-forms to evolve.

Nobody knows the answers to these questions yet, but only science can discover more in time.

When British, French and Norwegian scientists developed the amazing Cassini Space Probe for the incredible 15 year journey to make it to reach Titan (one of Saturns moons) the images which came back to our own planet showed that this satellite is evolving in a similar way to the early formation of our own planet, which is quite an exciting scientific discovery about Titan! (I recommend seeing the a video documentary called 'Titan, A Place Like Earth' on YT.)

MI:6
03-16-2015, 09:29 AM
Neither (yes or no)

dude
03-16-2015, 04:09 PM
Of course there are UFO. If you see an object in space and you don't know what it is, then it is a UFO, even if the object was a plastic bag blown by the wind.

spanish catalan
09-07-2015, 05:19 AM
yes, I see one

Guapo
09-07-2015, 05:26 AM
yes, I see one

pic or gtfo

spanish catalan
09-07-2015, 05:29 AM
pic or gtfo

I saw one when I was a kid

Guapo
09-07-2015, 05:31 AM
I saw one when I was a kid

what did it look like

spanish catalan
09-07-2015, 05:34 AM
what did it look like

I saw a bluish bright light,in an instant this light disappeared

Brianna
09-07-2015, 06:23 AM
I believe that many people see unidentified flying objects. These objects could be any number of unidentified things. We might need a new term that encompasses all strange things in the sky. Not all of them fly, and some of them are identified. My friend claimed that he saw a stationary airplane in the night sky. He said that it remained still in the air. Was this a military prototype or a disguised spaceship? I suggested that it was the former, but I always was open to ET visitations.

JohnnyB
09-07-2015, 06:35 AM
This is my my favorite doc on ufo's, I don't care if it's true or not

Sorry I couldn't find a video with better quality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzdwzKbMhMM

Skipper
09-07-2015, 06:36 AM
Bacteria, microbes, etc... yes. But organisms with perception and self-awareness the same as Humans, highly unlikely.

Heart of Oak
09-07-2015, 10:50 AM
I would have to say yes, as you would have to be pritty nieve to think that this is the only planet to contain Life in our Megaverse, I would even go futher and say that we are visited and have been visited many times by E.T.s...

Porn Master
08-18-2016, 06:54 PM
There are another invisible parallel worlds that exist. Nobody knew in the ancient times that in the middles ages people will use artillery, and nobody knew in the middle ages that in the 20th century until today the computers will be created and then the software will be developed by scientists, and nobody knows what should we expect in the future. I believe in ghosts, poltergeist, UFO and anything else beyond our imagination

Ülev
08-18-2016, 07:15 PM
the earth is flat

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
08-18-2016, 07:38 PM
the earth is flat

lol

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
08-18-2016, 07:39 PM
As in aliens no. Humans are probably the only thing with "UFO" around this solar system. But there's likely other forms of advanced life form capable as humans are or even better in another solar system.

ChristinaLadyBug
10-30-2016, 07:12 AM
I believe it's possible that UFO's exist! Humans would have to be very arrogant to believe that we are the best in the infinite universe.

Robocop
10-30-2016, 07:14 AM
I'm not sure are they flying around and above us, but I am 100% sure there are thousands if not millions of Intelligent lifeforms in Universe.

That's just a fact on which 99.99% of all Scientists agrees.

Ülev
10-30-2016, 07:30 AM
believing in UFOs is like believing in Flat Earth, lol

Ujku
10-30-2016, 07:35 AM
Personally i believe in UFOs but i dont think they are aliens that are visiting us more like secret human technology..

Also 98% of all ufo videos are fake

Poise n Pen
10-30-2016, 07:44 AM
UFOs are actually jewish time travel machines.

Robocop
10-30-2016, 08:29 AM
believing in UFOs is like believing in Flat Earth, lol

Nowhere near that, that is totally, and I mean totally WRONG comparison.

Ziveth
06-26-2017, 11:27 PM
Yes, some UFO sightings are registered by military/army forces here, so i think those are real. However, those who are not registered i think they are fake. There are many fake videos of UFOs on internet for example lol. So, i think many are fake but some are real.

Aldaris
12-12-2017, 04:22 PM
Plenty of believers, I see. Anyone cares to elaborate their views on what they are? Just interstellar probes of some alien equivalent of NASA 200 years from now or something more elusive?

SvartVarg
12-12-2017, 05:02 PM
Plenty of believers, I see. Anyone cares to elaborate their views on what they are? Just interstellar probes of some alien equivalent of NASA 200 years from now or something more elusive?

Sure but nothing like that.

Rather years ago, was woken up around 2 am by a glow from outside that was really lighting up the bedroom. Got up, looked out the window, and it was almost as if someone had 'pulled the sun out of the sky'. A large glowing sphere was sitting in the farmer's field that bordered the church graveyard. It wasn't much smaller than the Victorian church & almost too bright to make out that there was something within the light.

So unless divinities (either god or angels) now travel by "capsule" it certainly wasn't of this earth.

Loki
12-12-2017, 05:21 PM
They are likely to be demonic.

Aldaris
12-12-2017, 05:26 PM
Sure but nothing like that.

Rather years ago, was woken up around 2 am by a glow from outside that was really lighting up the bedroom. Got up, looked out the window, and it was almost as if someone had 'pulled the sun out of the sky'. A large glowing sphere was sitting in the farmer's field that bordered the church graveyard. It wasn't much smaller than the Victorian church & almost too bright to make out that there was something within the light.

So unless divinities (either god or angels) now travel by "capsule" it certainly wasn't of this earth.

I've heard of many, many cases like that, few of them being experiences of my friends and they're not superstitious at all. It is hard to ignore all the cumulative evidence, even for a rationalist like me. Such apparitions being more frequent on religious sites is a well known pattern, not sure, if you knew that. I consider all the seemingly paranormal phenomena to be from the same source, because the psychological and sociological effects they produce are identical. That's the main reason, but not nearly the the only one. What is the said source? I wish I knew. Maybe some AI from another universe went haywire. :laugh:

Aldaris
12-12-2017, 05:28 PM
They are likely to be demonic.

Assuming Christianity is true, that conclusion would almost be necessary. Terrorizing and deceiving, sounds quite familiar.

SvartVarg
12-12-2017, 05:59 PM
I've heard of many, many cases like that, few of them being experiences of my friends and they're not superstitious at all. It is hard to ignore all the cumulative evidence, even for a rationalist like me. Such apparitions being more frequent on religious sites is a well known pattern, not sure, if you knew that. I consider all the seemingly paranormal phenomena to be from the same source, because the psychological and sociological effects they produce are identical. That's the main reason, but not nearly the the only one. What is the said source? I wish I knew. Maybe some AI from another universe went haywire. :laugh:

Ah, got you. Not superstitious myself. As for such events happening often near religious sites, that's actually quite interesting. I've heard about lights / UFOs around hills, farmer's fields, the backwoods, etc. but not that often near religious sites. If I may, do you know if such events ever make the news? Because what I saw never did where I was living at the time.

Aldaris
12-12-2017, 06:58 PM
Ah, got you. Not superstitious myself. As for such events happening often near religious sites, that's actually quite interesting. I've heard about lights / UFOs around hills, farmer's fields, the backwoods, etc. but not that often near religious sites. If I may, do you know if such events ever make the news? Because what I saw never did where I was living at the time.

There are certain places in the world, where weird stuff seems to be happening at much higher rate. It is possible, that this is precisely the reason, why they've become places of religious significance in the first place. Afterall, many of our churches have been built on ancient pagan sites. Do such events make the news? Absolutely. There are dozens of famous UFO cases of all kinds, which were highly publicized, but most of them are from the period of 1950-1990. Since then, the phenomemon seems to be on the decrease, considering all it's aspects. There are still reports, which make it to the news, but they are unreliable and insignificant, for the most part. I'm not aware of anything akin to Phoenix lights or cattle mutilation wave in the sixties. This however shouldn't be too surprising for someone familiar with the phenomenon's patterns of behavior. It comes in waves since ancient times. It sets foundations for the modification of our belief systems and once they're set - nothing.

Loki
12-12-2017, 08:30 PM
Assuming Christianity is true, that conclusion would almost be necessary. Terrorizing and deceiving, sounds quite familiar.

Yeah, and there's actually a lot of talk recently about aliens & UFOs being demonic in origin. Loads of YouTube videos on the topic, I haven't really looked into it that deeply yet. But it would totally make sense to me. I haven't heard of many people saying they're benevolent beings... almost always it's scary or negative an experience that people have with them.

SvartVarg
12-12-2017, 09:12 PM
Yeah, and there's actually a lot of talk recently about aliens & UFOs being demonic in origin. Loads of YouTube videos on the topic, I haven't really looked into it that deeply yet. But it would totally make sense to me. I haven't heard of many people saying they're benevolent beings... almost always it's scary or negative an experience that people have with them.

Demonic or not, there are certainly stories where UFOs & aliens do not appear to be benevolent. The cattle & livestock mutilation, the human mutilations in Brazil (Guarapiranga Reservoir), the odd disappearances of people in certain areas, 1950 story of AF Lovette & Cunningham, etc.

greasycaveman
12-12-2017, 09:14 PM
Ive saw something weird like some kind of light in the sky just staying still in one place and then moving incredibly fast away and I couldnt see it anymore. Sometimes I wonder.

Loki
12-12-2017, 09:19 PM
Demonic or not, there are certainly stories where UFOs & aliens do not appear to be benevolent. The cattle & livestock mutilation, the human mutilations in Brazil (Guarapiranga Reservoir), the odd disappearances of people in certain areas, 1950 story of AF Lovette & Cunningham, etc.

They seem to be nasty little things, whatever they are.

Smeagol
12-12-2017, 09:22 PM
Yes, but I don't believe in aliens. I agree UFOs do seem to be associated with Demonic entities.

Lucia
12-25-2017, 03:44 PM
After this I kind of do. It freaks me out a bit...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDj9ZZQY2kA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2b4qSoMnKE

Colonel Frank Grimes
12-25-2017, 03:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8idjA_Ku-M

Santo
02-20-2023, 12:44 PM
I've seen a UFO up close before with a friend and what we saw was definitely not an ordinary aircraft. We were so scared that we literally ran all the way back to our apartment block, which was three miles away, and we didn't go out for the rest of the night. Now what I'm not willing to say is "it's aliens" cause I have no idea who was flying that craft, but I know there's things flying around in the sky that we don't know the origins of. And by we I mean the average Joe. Our government might know. Hell, they might be the ones behind it. But when you're out walking at night and a big, circular object comes over the trees, you know you probably weren't supposed to see that shit.

One of our friends wanted to go out the next night looking for it. We stayed in the car while he wandered around the baseball diamond we'd spotted the object at the previous night. Lol.

Laredo
02-20-2023, 12:49 PM
Ofc I do, you gotta be dumb as rock to foolish believing we are the only ones on the Universe. Just Imagine a grain of sand from the beach it's just a universe now imagine the sand from all earth beaches each grain it's a own universe.

That's how small we are.

Victor
02-20-2023, 01:17 PM
No

Petalpusher
02-20-2023, 01:27 PM
Ofc I do, you gotta be dumb as rock to foolish believing we are the only ones on the Universe. Just Imagine a grain of sand from the beach it's just a universe now imagine the sand from all earth beaches each grain it's a own universe.

That's how small we are.

You mean stars not universes. That's an already unbelievably big number. Yet in a small glass of water there are a lot more water molecules than the stars we can count in the universe (current model).

I wouldn't be surprised there have been probes already visiting in the history of the Earth or some kind of observing system, but real visitors im still in doubt like maybe 50/50. Assuming another civilization capable of coming here or even sending probes would need to be a bit more advanced than us (only slightly at the timescale of the galaxy) it's difficult to imagine how they might look like or how they would simply be materialized wether if they are still based on carbon life forms or entirely something else. They still had to developp in the same window than us which is very narrow in the 4 Billions of years or so of our local system.

Laredo
02-20-2023, 01:44 PM
You mean stars not universes. That's an already unbelievably big number. Yet in a small glass of water there are a lot more water molecules than the stars we can count in the universe (current model).

I wouldn't be surprised there have been probes already visiting in the history of the Earth or some kind of observing system, but real visitors im still in doubt like maybe 50/50. Assuming another civilization capable of coming here or even sending probes would need to be a bit more advanced than us (only slightly at the timescale of the galaxy) it's difficult to imagine how they might look like or how they would simply be materialized wether if they are still based on carbon life forms or entirely something else. They still had to developp in the same window than us which is very narrow in the 4 Billions of years or so of our local system.

My mistake yeah Galaxies/starts.