PDA

View Full Version : Anger over German-Saudi tank deal

poiuytrewq0987
07-07-2011, 04:58 AM
Berlin has reportedly given the green light for 200 Leopard 2A7+ battle tanks to be sold to Saudi Arabia. Critics call the planned delivery of the tanks tailored for urban warfare a breach of arms trade guidelines.

The deal, unofficially announced by sources in both Berlin and Riyadh, was approved in principle by Germany’s Security Council last week, according to media reports. The US and Israel have been informed and did not voice any objections, says Sueddeutsche Zeitung newspaper.

The Leopard 2A7+ is one of the latest versions of the tank, which was first shown to the public in 2010. It has improved protection from rocket-propelled grenades and landmines and increased maneuverability to be better suited for urban combat.

More: http://rt.com/news/tank-deal-germany-saudi/
So nice to see Germany try to dig itself out of its debt by selling top-of-the-line Leopards to Saudis! :rolleyes:

“I think that the economic issue of course is an important one,” she said. “As far as I understood, the export, before it got its blessing, was checked with the Americans, who also gave, sort of, their OK to it.”

Germany is indeed America's bitch. :dielaughing:

BeerBaron
07-07-2011, 05:15 AM
The US is a huge exporter of arms to Saudi Arabia, it only makes sense that Germany would ask if they had any objections, they are allies after all. It's proper diplomacy and business etiquette, it has nothing to do with anyone being someones bitch.

SwordoftheVistula
07-07-2011, 06:29 AM
Who is 'angry'? Supporters of Al Quada and Iran?

Joe McCarthy
07-07-2011, 07:03 AM
Good work Germany. This will enable the House of Saud to mow down jihadis if the need arises.

poiuytrewq0987
07-07-2011, 07:05 AM
Good work Germany. This will enable the House of Saud to mow down jihadis if the need arises.

The US already sold the Saudis nearly 400 M1 Abrams. They have enough tanks, they don't need 200 top-of-the-line Leopards from Germany (which is even better than the tanks the US sold to the Saudis I might add).

Agrippa
07-07-2011, 09:39 PM
The Wahhabis of Saudi Arabia are among the worst Islamists which ever existed and it is funny that this is one of THE ALLIES of the USA in the Near East - of course it is also about a population having virtually no rights, which can't intervene and the corrupted dynasty selling oil at the price the US wants.

This will enable the House of Saud to mow down jihadis if the need arises.

They created and still create "Jihadis" around the world, the rich Saudis which popped up after the deals with the US and GB, might remind you on the radical Islamists schools and mosques financed by Saudis, their indoctrination of formerly moderate Muslim people like in Chechnya, Bosnia and other areas of the world, as well as among the many Muslim foreigners in Western Europe and of course their activities in Afghanistan.

Actually, the US should have invaded Saudi Arabia to fight radical Islamism and turn political Islam down, rather than Iraq - but that's another story I guess, and some people just need a corrupted King in Arabia and an upper class which denies rights to its people, while selling oil at American conditions...

Joe McCarthy
07-07-2011, 09:41 PM
The only thing worse than the House of Saud is whatever would replace it, hence it makes perfect sense to support them.

Actually, the US should have invaded Saudi Arabia to fight radical Islamism and turn political Islam down, rather than Iraq - but that's another story I guess.

Invade Saudi Arabia? We'd rather not have every Muslim on earth turn into a terrorist, thanks.

Agrippa
07-07-2011, 09:52 PM
The only thing worse than the House of Saud is whatever would replace it, hence it makes perfect sense to support them.

Sure, after all, Wahhabism is such an enrichment for the world, so let it be financed and stabilised with corrupted and bloody oil money, secured by a corrupted military, equipped with Western weapons, that makes sense indeed...

Invade Saudi Arabia? We'd rather not have every Muslim on earth turn into a terrorist, thanks.

Well, then the US should have left Iraq alone, because in comparison to Saudi Arabia, this was a pretty reasonable and well led state and system.

Also, if anyone wants to fight political Islam, one has to crush it or leave it. Better a hard end battle, than a battle without an end.

But that would imply the US-Neoconservatives meant it serious, fight for real Europeans/occidentals and wouldn't just try to corrupt the world...

Joe McCarthy
07-07-2011, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by Agrippa
Sure, after all, Wahhabism is such an enrichment for the world, so let it be financed and stabilised with corrupted and bloody oil money, secured by a corrupted military, equipped with Western weapons, that makes sense indeed...

When the likely alternative is an al Qaeda-like state that will choke off the oil supply, yes, it makes perfect sense.

Well, then the US should have left Iraq alone, because in comparison to Saudi Arabia, this was a pretty reasonable and well led state and system.

I don't think we should have attacked Iraq, but it's not a fair comparison as attacking the KSA would bring total hell down on our heads.

But that would imply the US-Neoconservatives meant it serious, fight for real Europeans/occidentals and wouldn't just try to corrupt the world...

Actually, some neo-cons want to attack Saudi Arabia. I'm taking the realist position. You sound like them.

Agrippa
07-08-2011, 04:41 PM
When the likely alternative is an al Qaeda-like state that will choke off the oil supply, yes, it makes perfect sense.

"Jihadists" around the world being already financed by corrupted oil money and even among them are different Islamist ideologies, with one of the worst of all being Wahhabism...

I don't think we should have attacked Iraq, but it's not a fair comparison as attacking the KSA would bring total hell down on our heads.

It is a question of honour, honesty and consequence.

Actually, some neo-cons want to attack Saudi Arabia. I'm taking the realist position. You sound like them.

Unlikely, because I don't want a Neoliberal world state with the US war machien being the police officer which pushes every people down which don't want to play that perverted game of the Anglo-Jewish Plutocracy...

Svartálfar
07-28-2011, 05:45 PM
If the Saudis will use them to crush Israel, then it's ok. :thumb001:

Husaria
07-28-2011, 05:51 PM
More proof that Germans love Muslims.
There is a German Muslim brotherhood.

It was even around during the Nazis.