PDA

View Full Version : What ethnicity is the most Exotic in Europe compared to your own?

Snkves
08-14-2019, 09:58 PM
Only European answers please.

Voskos
08-14-2019, 10:02 PM
You mean most distant culturally?

Centurion
08-14-2019, 10:05 PM
East-Slavic countries and the Greece/Balkan region.

Ford
Finland first comes to mind.

Zeus
Probably people on the edge of the Urals - right at the border of Europe. Like Komis.

Gaditanian
English / Greeks

Decius
08-14-2019, 10:08 PM
Southern Italians/Greek islanders, Finns, other Finnic groups

Pansarkamrat
08-14-2019, 10:08 PM
Spain

Bellbeaking
08-14-2019, 10:10 PM
Only European answers please.

HELL YEH EUROS ONLY MFKERS BTFO THAMBI, TOPPOO666, NERWEREN ETC BTFO'D'D

as a BRITON

the most different looking is probably cypriots, maltese, greek islanders, south italians

I would say Finns, but the finns I have met didn't look like chinky blondes that I would expect they just looked like Europeans. They where barely different from Swedes.

English / Greeks

Bro, you are basically british on the paternal side. check yo haplomeme it probably say r1b. you are British/Irish men + sardinian women. Cristiano niggerajio is proud of his beakerboii NW euro paternal heritage, and he expresses this through his love towards british people on TA. (OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK (more like pre beaker basques (with that extra whg) + british but still))

Ayetooey
08-14-2019, 10:11 PM
Either Finns or something deep south like Maltese.

Seya
08-14-2019, 10:11 PM
scandinavians and baltics probably the most but not only

Mopi Licinius Crassus
08-14-2019, 10:12 PM
russia i think

Voskos
08-14-2019, 10:16 PM
Lots of OWD in this thread. In my case I'll say Poles for pigmentation and Dutch-Scandinavian- Irish- Scottis for features.

The Blade
08-14-2019, 10:19 PM
This is supposed to mean most phenotypically distant apparently.
Well, for Bulgaria these go in two directions - one marked by Finland, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia and some Russian regions, and the other represented by Malta and Cyprus.

Jana
08-14-2019, 10:22 PM
Culturally Dutch. They also look extremely alien.

Laag
08-14-2019, 10:23 PM
Central and Southern Europe (SW ans SE).

Cumansky
08-14-2019, 10:26 PM
Culturally Dutch. They also look extremely alien.

Croatians score alot Dutch in calculators.

Jana
08-14-2019, 10:30 PM
Croatians score alot Dutch in calculators.

Bizzare comment, since they can get it only in 4 way mix Oracle where they score every corner of Europe.

We have nothing to do with Dutch obviously and their strange features stand out like sore thumb here (even more than Scandinavians do).

Seya
08-14-2019, 10:30 PM
do u mean in look? ok. let me try again: finns, norwegians, swedes, dannes, icelanders, northern russians, dutch...

Rgvgjhvv
08-14-2019, 10:53 PM
Iceland maybe?

michal3141
08-14-2019, 10:58 PM
I don't know. Maltese? Cyprus? Southern Italianos?

CommonSense
08-14-2019, 11:08 PM
Finns by a clear margin.

Alenka
08-14-2019, 11:43 PM
Kalmyks probably take the cake, as they are a Mongolic ethnicity. Also the only traditionally Buddhist people whose homeland is located within Europe proper.
Honorable mention also to the Roma. While they are phenotypically quite diverse, they do retain a notably Dravidian strain that seems to pop up quite frequently. And, even though their ancestors left the Subcontinent quite some time ago, many Gypsy habits and tendencies still seem unequivocally Indian to this day. From living in shanty towns, all the way to posting sleazy comments aimed at women online. You name it.

RenaRyuguu
08-14-2019, 11:44 PM
Well compared to my own the South of Europe is the most exotic.

Dawnbringer
08-14-2019, 11:51 PM
Well compared to my own the South of Europe is the most exotic.

Then why did you previously say you cluster with Montenegrins in your profile?

RenaRyuguu
08-14-2019, 11:52 PM

I do with like 10 Scottish blonde people in Montenegro cuz they stayed in Cetinje nothing special and they have Serb names now. Just land owners. Don't see the problem.

RenaRyuguu
08-14-2019, 11:54 PM

Here's one. He was bored in Cetinje though so he's an actor in Croatia right now.

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?59554-Classify-Momcilo-Otasevic

Dawnbringer
08-14-2019, 11:55 PM
I do with like 10 Scottish blonde people in Montenegro cuz they stayed in Cetinje nothing special and they have Serb names now. Just land owners. Don't see the problem.

This is all a joke. Someone who is half Serbian like yourself is not going to cluster with Scots.

RenaRyuguu
08-14-2019, 11:56 PM
This is all a joke. Someone who is half Serbian like yourself is not going to cluster with Scots.

You'll see on my ancestry dna results and livingdna that I am more Nordic than you. GEDmatch is fake. If you trust gedmatch then I pity you.

RenaRyuguu
08-14-2019, 11:58 PM

I'm not Balkan btw there's a difference. Balkanites are not Nordic. Few stayed in Serbia that's the problem. Most left for America and Canada. My dad almost did too but he decided to stay home cuz he wanted to invest or smth.

Dawnbringer
08-15-2019, 12:01 AM
I'm not Balkan btw there's a difference. Balkanites are not Nordic. Few stayed in Serbia that's the problem. Most left for America and Canada. My dad almost did too but he decided to stay home cuz he wanted to invest or smth.

Is your dad an ethnic Serb or not?

RenaRyuguu
08-15-2019, 12:04 AM
Is your dad an ethnic Serb or not?

No he's an ethnic Anglo. His genes are the most similar to the state of Utah.

This was their surname before they changed it to the Serb Josic or Greek or whatever myheritage and 23andme plot me as god knows lmao

http://www.surnamedb.com/Surname/Josh

TheWolf97
08-15-2019, 12:06 AM
Southern Italians, Spaniards, Cypriots and Greeks

Enviado desde mi SM-G920I mediante Tapatalk

Dawnbringer
08-15-2019, 12:08 AM

This was their surname before they changed it to the Serb Josic or Greek or whatever myheritage and 23andme plot me as god knows lmao

If you have no ethnic Serb ancestry genealogically, why do you have that as your ethnicity in your current profile?

RenaRyuguu
08-15-2019, 12:09 AM
If you have no ethnic Serb ancestry genealogically, why do you have that as your ethnicity in your current profile?

I was told to do so idk why idc personally I like Serbia.

nittionia
08-15-2019, 12:18 AM

But your 23andme said Balkan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RenaRyuguu
08-15-2019, 12:20 AM

well 23andme is fake and Balkan just means the region. Genetically I am more Nordic I guess. I'll display that once my livingdna and ancestry results come in. It's nothing special. I am just clarifying that I am not Balkan genetically is all.

RenaRyuguu
08-15-2019, 12:20 AM

Most Croatians and Slovenians plot more Northern and Serbs too. Idk how others score in Serbia none of my business. I score what I score and I know where my ancestors are from and their surnames.

Dawnbringer
08-15-2019, 12:22 AM

It does not work that way. Having matches with a given country with people not from that country does not mean that you belong to that country‘s main ethnic group.

I can’t tell you how to identify though. All this is just so confounded.

RenaRyuguu
08-15-2019, 12:24 AM
It does not work that way. Having matches with a given country with people not from that country does not mean that you belong to that country‘s main ethnic group.

I can’t tell you how to identify though. All this is just so confounded.

It does. I am just inbred Nordic from lawndowners in the Balkans and I attended an American school in Belgrade so I have an American identity like yourself. I don't see a problem that the most inbred Nordic group used to live in Slovenia and Croatia though? is that a problem for yourself?

here's one of my ancestors:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Mackenzie

Show me yours.

nittionia
08-15-2019, 12:26 AM
It does. I am just inbred Nordic from lawndowners in the Balkans and I attended an American school in Belgrade so I have an American identity like yourself. I don't see a problem that the most inbred Nordic group used to live in Slovenia and Croatia though? is that a problem for yourself?

How did you get this then?
https://i.imgur.com/C2GhmHd.jpg

RenaRyuguu
08-15-2019, 12:28 AM
How did you get this then?
https://i.imgur.com/C2GhmHd.jpg

Because the most inbred Nordic people used to live there as landowners however they are now in America and have Anglo surnames. They score that though. My 1st cousin has an Italian Catholic surname but scores those same regions. His surname is Vedda. I am 4th cousin to actress Vanessa Kirby:

https://celebmafia.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/vanessa-kirby-bafta-tv-awards-2018-in-london-5.jpg

Here is her ancestry on ethniceleb

Birth Name: Vanessa Jane Kirby

Place of Birth: Hammersmith, London, England, U.K.

Date of Birth: 18 April, 1987

Ethnicity: English

she'd also get offended if you called her Balkan be careful. Look at the face.

RenaRyuguu
08-15-2019, 12:30 AM
This is also one of the reasons you should always keep track of your family's surnames and if they changed them in the past. If you are confused about your ancestry start with archives and then do a few dna tests compare and see what you are.

RenaRyuguu
08-15-2019, 12:32 AM
Anyway nothing special it's just a DNA test it will have the real results in a few years moving on.

Adamastor
08-15-2019, 12:33 AM
I'm not from Europe, but I'm ethnically/racially European (predominantly Northeastern Italian). I'd say Finns and Cypriots are the most different from the people I descend from and Central Europeans and Iberians the most similar.

Dawnbringer
08-15-2019, 12:35 AM
Anyway nothing special it's just a DNA test it will have the real results in a few years moving on.

I doubt updates will lead to all your Southern/Eastern European ancestry disappearing.

RenaRyuguu
08-15-2019, 12:36 AM
I doubt updates will lead to all your Southern/Eastern European ancestry disappearing.

DNA is just where your ancestors lived a few hundred years ago. You are more South Euro than me since you are Welsh. It will disappear but I don't think yours will.

Dawnbringer
08-15-2019, 12:45 AM
DNA is just where your ancestors lived a few hundred years ago. You are more South Euro than me since you are Welsh. It will disappear but I don't think yours will.

My past profile was fake and temporary just for annonymity. This is my true profile.

Anyway, that makes no sense because if that were true European Romani and Jews would get the same results as their Europeans hosts.

Blondie
08-15-2019, 12:50 AM
Greeks or Portugal

Creoda
08-15-2019, 02:26 AM
The word exotic in English is basically synonymous with dark/oriental. I don't know if it has that same connotation in other countries.

Bakha
08-15-2019, 02:33 AM
Spaniards (i see them everyday, they are more exotic than some western asians), South Italians, Albanians, Greek islanders

jmls
08-15-2019, 03:42 AM
The exoticness of Finns are exaggerated on TA. Most just look European. The mongoloid, brown skinned Lappid people and the ones influenced by them are minority.

Snkves
08-15-2019, 04:16 AM
The exoticness of Finns are exaggerated on TA. Most just look European. The mongoloid, brown skinned Lappid people and the ones influenced by them are minority.

Trust me it isn't, even in Northern Sweden where they are only 1/4 as much Mongoloid admixed as the Finns they still look predominately Asiatic.

Jana
08-15-2019, 04:18 AM

She is a troll and she has very native Balkanic shifted results for a Serb, clustering with Montenegrins. So she is closer to southern europeans than to nordics by a mile.

Ignore ridiculous troll. Whoever debates with her is mental.

Jana
08-15-2019, 04:20 AM
Trust me it isn't, even in Northern Sweden where they are only 1/4 as much Mongoloid admixed as the Finns they still look predominately Asiatic.

Hard to believe you are Swede after writing that.

Snkves
08-15-2019, 04:25 AM
Hard to believe you are Swede after writing that.

How so?

Look at the distance between South_&_Central_Swedish and North_Swedish.

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?298236-Post-Eurogenes-JTest&p=6186465&viewfull=1#post6186465

Jana
08-15-2019, 04:29 AM
How so?

Look at the distance between South_&_Central_Swedish and North_Swedish.

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?298236-Post-Eurogenes-JTest&p=6186465&viewfull=1#post6186465

By saying North Swedes and Finns look Asiatic.

Snkves
08-15-2019, 04:33 AM
By saying North Swedes and Finns look Asiatic.
Well they clearly do, but maybe not from a Slavic perspective since most of you are short-headed with a Mongoloid facial type.

Jana
08-15-2019, 04:35 AM
Well they clearly do, but maybe not from a Slavic perspective since most of you are short-headed with a Mongoloid facial type.

You are talking to wrong person since I am mostly Nordic. And no, they do not look Asiatic lmao.

You qre probably some larper poastiing as Swede.

Duffmannn
08-15-2019, 08:23 AM
Spaniards (i see them everyday, they are more exotic than some western asians), South Italians, Albanians, Greek islanders

Are there many spaniards in Central Asia? Really?

Seya
08-15-2019, 11:28 AM

so u have only english ancestry but u changed your surname to a serbian one after taking a DNA test? am I understanding this correctly? :lol:

Bakha
08-15-2019, 11:59 AM
Are there many spaniards in Central Asia? Really?

I live in Montenegro tonto and i visit Spain a lot

Vožd
08-15-2019, 12:27 PM
Britain, Scandinavia.

Nurzat
08-15-2019, 12:31 PM
the most distant and different from Romanians, culturally and in looks/behaviour: all the Westerners but especially NW Euro Germanics

Aspirin
08-15-2019, 12:59 PM
The most distant and exotic are Western Europeans (both South-Western and North-Western), the most close are Balkanites (Romanians, Bulgarians, Serbs and Macedonians) and Eastern Slavs (especially Ukrainians).

Duffmannn
08-15-2019, 03:30 PM
I live in Montenegro tonto and i visit Spain a lot

jajajajajajajajaj

Rumata
08-19-2019, 08:20 PM
Malta and the like, Albania and the like

Iberia, Italy

Honorable mention to the English class system

nittionia
08-19-2019, 08:22 PM
Albania for me... but it's funny because my dad is J2b2. So maybe they are the closest to me at the same time

Rumata
08-19-2019, 08:22 PM
Kalmyks probably take the cake, as they are a Mongolic ethnicity. Also the only traditionally Buddhist people whose homeland is located within Europe proper.
Honorable mention also to the Roma. While they are phenotypically quite diverse, they do retain a notably Dravidian strain that seems to pop up quite frequently. And, even though their ancestors left the Subcontinent quite some time ago, many Gypsy habits and tendencies still seem unequivocally Indian to this day. From living in shanty towns, all the way to posting sleazy comments aimed at women online. You name it.
Interesting. But what about listing more "European" ethnicities? I mean if you count Gypsies you could count Somalians and the like too :rolleyes: I guess the task could be difficult for a Central European but still...

Rumata
08-19-2019, 08:24 PM
Albania for me... but it's funny because my dad is J2b2. So maybe they are the closest to me at the same time

What is your ethnicity? Not Trollish, I hope :D

Viridian1
08-19-2019, 08:26 PM
Montenegrians

nittionia
08-19-2019, 08:27 PM
What is your ethnicity? Not Trollish, I hope :D

I am mixed american, mainly northern euro (:

Satem
08-19-2019, 08:32 PM
Finns by far

TheLigurian
08-19-2019, 08:33 PM
Guess northeastern europeans, like russians, karelians and finns.

Seya
08-19-2019, 08:34 PM
Finns by far

are u really polish?

Ülev
08-19-2019, 08:37 PM
I am Finn

https://youtu.be/lUxycEg_cdk

Rumata
I am mixed american, mainly northern euro (:
Looks quite Trollish :D Don't you know your ancestry more exactly?

Satem
are u really polish?

Oczywiście że tak, dlaczego pytasz?

Sure I am, why are you asking?

nittionia
08-19-2019, 08:39 PM
Looks quite Trollish :) Don't you know your ancestry more exactly?

mostly swedish, some irish, some german, some more eastern stuff.

Cumansky
08-19-2019, 08:39 PM
Ashkenazi Jews

Matxe92
08-19-2019, 08:41 PM
Sicilians, spaniards, greeks and Seya.

Seya
08-19-2019, 08:42 PM
Oczywiście że tak, dlaczego pytasz?

Sure I am, why are you asking?

cose the finns are among the closest genetically to poles. at least the western ones
https://i.imgur.com/zLaNP76.jpg

Dawnbringer
08-19-2019, 08:47 PM
mostly swedish, some irish, some german, some more eastern stuff.

Your Swedish grandfather was a member of the Sons of Norway.

Is SoN mostly Norwegian or a variety of Nordics?

Satem
08-19-2019, 08:52 PM
cose the finns are among the closest genetically to poles. at least the western ones

I didn't pick Finns because of genetics. Finns have unique phenotypes and their language sounds the most exotic from all European languages to me. But the most important, they hate Slavs.

nittionia
08-19-2019, 08:54 PM
Your Swedish grandfather was a member of the Sons of Norway.

Is SoN mostly Norwegian or a variety of Nordics?

He was a member of another Scandinavian lodge for my region, primarily composed of Swedish and Swedish-Finns. He was a known figure in the Scandinavian community, author of Swedish history and genealogy in America, etc. (in the areas of myself and Svipdag, I think I wrote this before on his thread)..

Dawnbringer
08-19-2019, 09:06 PM
He was a member of another Scandinavian lodge for my region, primarily composed of Swedish and Swedish-Finns. He was a known figure in the Scandinavian community, author of Swedish history and genealogy in America, etc. (in the areas of myself and Svipdag, I think I wrote this before on his thread)..

Rip :( I wish I’d known he was part of the sons of norway earlier

There’s a big chance he knew my grandpa too

Ok, I see he was not apart of the East Hartford SoN lodge Svipdag was a part of, but another lodge in the same region.

Was it a Vasa Order of America lodge? Perhaps Norden in Wethersfield, CT or Karl XII in Bristol, CT? Both are in Hartford County.

https://www.vasaorder.org/districts/district1.shtm

nittionia
08-19-2019, 09:09 PM
Ok, I see he was not apart of the East Hartford SoN lodge Svipdag was a part of, but another lodge in the same region.

Was it a Vasa order of America lodge? Perhaps Norden in Wethersfield, CT or Karl XII in Bristol, CT? Both are in Hartford County.

https://www.vasaorder.org/districts/district1.shtm

Yep Vasa, I'd rather not say which because it's in my city (: I'm in the process of joining the same one now that I'm old enough

Ayetooey
08-19-2019, 09:19 PM

They're only close on the PCA artificially; it's just due to their components balancing out in similar ways. They have low IBD with Poles and are very distant on the Eurogenes k36 map; SW fins will be 40 something, and east finns in the 20s.

Polish user Visars K36 map. Very distant to Finns.

https://i.imgur.com/qa1n2kA.jpg

Ülev
08-19-2019, 09:24 PM
Andorrans I suppose

Seya
08-19-2019, 09:32 PM
They're only close on the PCA artificially; it's just due to their components balancing out in similar ways. They have low IBD with Poles and are very distant on the Eurogenes k36 map; SW fins will be 40 something, and east finns in the 20s.

yes but still on west finland he gets 45. italy, sardinia, greece, iberia are more distant

Enr1989
08-19-2019, 09:39 PM
Some Dutch, some Russian, some Finns, some southern Italians

Moje ime
08-20-2019, 07:56 AM
Sardinia and eastern Finland according to Eurogenes K36 map.

Duffmannn
08-20-2019, 09:00 AM
Russians and finns

Regnera
09-04-2019, 05:55 AM

You're Italian yourself,why you find some southern Italians "most exotic"?

Regnera
09-04-2019, 05:56 AM

WeirdLookingFellow
09-04-2019, 06:50 AM
From the perspective of a Moldovan I think Paleo-Atlantids, extreme Nordid types, the Dutch are a good example. Things stop looking ”homely” from Germany west/northwards and south-westwards. Some South Italians are also exotic and I don't mean the really dark ones necessarily. Finns are also exotic but to be honest they still resemble Eastern Europeans a bit more except for the one with Swedish ancestry. I met a Finn a week ago and while light blonde and blue eyed he didn't seem that out of place compared to a Dutchman.

Bakha
09-04-2019, 09:52 AM
Well i m mixed guy so i will compare based on my own phenotype:
most exotic: scandos, british islanders - especially very blonde or red haired and horsefaced; russians, finns - the one that look heavily uralic; iberians, south italians - for their semitic features and horsefaces; all other northwestern europeans;
most similar: darker and alpine balkanites, some greeks; most kavkaz people, turkish people; some central italians;

Egyvalaki
09-04-2019, 10:20 AM
To me greeks, iberians, south italians maybe.

PaleoEuropean
09-04-2019, 11:32 AM
Probably Gypsies.

aherne
09-05-2019, 05:18 AM
Excluding Gypsies (the obvious answer), people from British Isles and Scandinavia/Finland/Estonia are most distant from Romanians.

Chryssie Khanate
09-05-2019, 05:53 AM
Northeastern blonde europeans are foreign to me. Esp those with square jaws and well-defined facial structure in general.

JulienSe
09-05-2019, 07:48 AM
Baltids/Sami people

Zeno
09-05-2019, 10:36 AM
Finns.

PERKELE

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/102/786/79b.png

Zeno
09-05-2019, 10:39 AM

Why Greek Islanders?

Zeno
09-05-2019, 10:43 AM
Greeks or Portugal

How come?

michal3141
09-05-2019, 10:52 AM
Sicilians, Sardinians, Maltese, Cypriots etc. Basically all Meds.
Meds are completely different race compared to Balto-Slavs NEUPs.

Bakha
09-05-2019, 12:25 PM
Why Greek Islanders?

Too med/levantine looking

Roy
09-05-2019, 12:55 PM
Portuguese
Crimean Tatars (duh, because of their strong Mongoloid admixture) but to me they are European Ethnicity even though many are not white.

Sicilians (and other Southern Italians)
Maltese
Cypriotes

Zeno
09-05-2019, 12:59 PM
Too med/levantine looking

Yes, they're Med. But Levantine? Come on man, let's be real...

Roy
09-05-2019, 01:01 PM

They are not genetical close or comparable to Poles, these maps are all sorts of confusing becausse they transform 3d model into 2d model, this one is spread according to chosen just for the sake of making this map few basal north-south factors.

Also you wouldn't be able to show on this sort of map a situation where A is closer to B than to C but at the same time C is close to A but at the same time very far from B when compared one-to-one.

Bakha
09-05-2019, 01:03 PM
Yes, they're Med. But Levantine? Come on man, let's be real...

Thats my opinion after visiting Cyprus. I don’t know maybe other islanders are different

sioned
09-05-2019, 01:05 PM
Where I was born, the people most exotic, unnatural to belong here, were Jews, and later Yugoslavs, Greeks and Southern Europeans

Zeno
09-05-2019, 01:06 PM
Thats my opinion after visiting Cyprus. I don’t know maybe other islanders are different

Cyprus? You should have told me from the beginning!

The fact is that Cretans or Aegean and Ionian Islanders aren't at all Levantine. Especially in western Crete.

Jana
09-05-2019, 01:12 PM
Sicilians, Sardinians, Maltese, Cypriots etc. Basically all Meds.
Meds are completely different race compared to Balto-Slavs NEUPs.

Best Meds are Slavic conquerors settled on Med Islands like my folk :thumb001: :o

michal3141
09-05-2019, 01:14 PM

K36 maps are bad for this because Finns score high Fennoscandian but Fennoscandian is pretty close to East Euro components and that is not taken into account by K36 maps.
Finns are actually pretty close to Northern Slavs genetically.

My IBD based map below Finns are in reality as close genetically to Poles as Germans are!

https://i.imgur.com/upgBjCJ.jpg

michal3141
09-05-2019, 01:21 PM
I didn't pick Finns because of genetics. Finns have unique phenotypes and their language sounds the most exotic from all European languages to me. But the most important, they hate Slavs.

They hate Slavs because Slavs to Finns mean Russians and Russians fought wars against Finns.

michal3141
09-05-2019, 01:24 PM
Sardinia and eastern Finland according to Eurogenes K36 map.

K36 maps are not to be trusted. These maps are pretty skewed and do not preserve genetic distances really well.

michal3141
09-05-2019, 01:49 PM
Best Meds are Slavic conquerors settled on Med Islands like my folk :thumb001: :o

Yes Croatia is very special Med country. The most northern shifted Med country.

michal3141
09-05-2019, 02:23 PM

Because there is a pretty big difference genetically between Northern and Southern Italy. Southern Italy is much more Neolithic + some Levantine admix. Northern Italy has more Celtic/Germanic admix.

Finnish Swede
09-05-2019, 03:58 PM
Finns by far

Oh, pretty sad now, isn't it?

A country which has 100 years time (as people finally got independence) ... rose to one of the best countries in Europe (someways even nro 1). Without any ''easy money making'' resources, like for example Norwegian oil.

A country which even faced WWII pretty badly (during that 100 year period), lost 10% of its area and which paid all its war indemnities (only country in World which really did that) ... for war it did't even started.

Oh, I bed you would feel/hope it would be totally opposite (like many here). But we can not get all what we want. Can we?

Finnish Swede
09-05-2019, 04:15 PM
From most distant (1) to most closest (15)

1. Southern countries a'la: Albania > Malta > Greece > Spain (Southern) Italy > Portugal
2. Balkan countries
3. Russians
4. Eastern European Slavics
5. French
5. Lithuanians > Latvians
6. Irish
7. Swiss > Belgians
8. Estonians
9. British, Wales
10. Scottish
11. Austrians > Germans
12. Dutch
13. Icelandics, Danes
14. Norwegians
15. Swedish

Rumata
09-05-2019, 04:16 PM

A country which has 100 years time (as people finally got independence) ... rose to one of the best countries in Europe (someways even nro 1). Without any ''easy money making'' resources, like for example Norwegian oil.

A country which even faced WWII pretty badly (during that 100 year period), lost 10% of its area and which paid all its war indemnities (only country in World which really did that) ... for war it did't even started.

Oh, I bed you would feel/hope it would be totally opposite (like many here). But we can not get all what we want. Can we?
So what? An exotic people can well be all of that.

Finnish Swede
09-05-2019, 04:24 PM
So what? An exotic people can well be all of that.

If exotic is used as synonym of adored.

Rumata
09-05-2019, 04:26 PM
If exotic is used as synonym of adored.

"Exotic" means something different and rarely dealt with. Not something bad or good.

Benyzero
09-05-2019, 04:29 PM
She feels herself closer to scots than latvians idk what to say lol

Finnish Swede
09-05-2019, 04:34 PM
"Exotic" means something different and rarely dealt with. Not something bad or good.

Don't play more stupid than you are....

Generally speaking? Yes.

In TA forum? Hardly!

Rumata
09-05-2019, 04:38 PM
Don't play more stupid than you are....

Generally speaking? Yes.

In TA forum? Hardly!

Don't switch to TA language with me, darling. English only :p

Finnish Swede
09-05-2019, 05:00 PM
Don't switch to TA language with me, darling. English only :p

You get the point.

Finnish Swede
09-05-2019, 05:01 PM
She feels herself closer to scots than latvians idk what to say lol

Why not? I have known few Scottish and been 2 times in Latvia (Riga and Jurmala).

Scandal
09-05-2019, 05:16 PM

Relax, I don't think anyone insulted Finland in this thread. Saying Finland is distant to someone is not insulting. I'm sure people who said Finland is distant to them hold that country in high regard (why wouldn't they? Finland has good reputation usually)

1. Southern countries a'la: Albania > Malta > Greece > Spain (Southern) Italy > Portugal
2. Balkan countries
3. Russians
5. French
6. Irish
7. Swiss > Belgians
8. Estonians
9. British, Wales
10. Scottish
11. Austrians > Germans
12. Dutch
13. Icelandics, Danes
14. Norwegians
15. Swedish
Estonians so distant to Finns? I expected them to be closer. As far as I know your languages are mutually intelligible or at least very similar, also I assume there are cultural similarities due to the geographic proximity. I'm just guessing though, I'm not very educated on that part of Europe.

Jana
09-05-2019, 05:23 PM
^^^^

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/27/Estonia_cannot_into_Nordic.jpg

Finnish Swede
09-05-2019, 05:35 PM
Relax, I don't think anyone insulted Finland in this thread. Saying Finland is distant to someone is not insulting. I'm sure people who said Finland is distant to them hold that country in high regard (why wouldn't they? Finland has good reputation usually)

Estonians so distant to Finns? I expected them to be closer. As far as I know your languages are mutually intelligible or at least very similar, also I assume there are cultural similarities due to the geographic proximity. I'm just guessing though, I'm not very educated on that part of Europe.

If one has ever watched Eurovision song contest (for example) ... then he/she has gotten pretty good picture what ''exotic'' means. Is it seen positive or negative in other humans minds.

Rumata
09-05-2019, 05:39 PM
Afaik Erovision Finns do look exotic (I don't watch it) :laugh:

https://img.anews.com/media/gallery/46305508/61313e9bad88124c035693d940d3851a_1500x843.jpg

Benyzero
09-05-2019, 05:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6BUZZ3qvZM

Scandal
09-05-2019, 05:53 PM
If one has ever watched Eurovision song contest (for example) ... then he/she has gotten pretty good picture what ''exotic'' means. Is it seen positive or negative in other humans minds.

In this thread it's neutral in my opinion.

Finnish Swede
09-05-2019, 05:54 PM

https://img.anews.com/media/gallery/46305508/61313e9bad88124c035693d940d3851a_1500x843.jpg

Yes, those were exotic enough (and ugly) ... but again I did't mean that.

Satem
09-05-2019, 05:56 PM

And Eurovision Russians do look Mongol :rolleyes:

https://i.imgur.com/RV1G9MN.png

Hithaeglir
09-05-2019, 05:56 PM
Iceland, if it's considered Europe, then I assume Scandinavia.

Finnish Swede
09-05-2019, 06:00 PM
^^^^

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/27/Estonia_cannot_into_Nordic.jpg

Estonia?

https://satwcomic.com/art/party-crasher.jpg

https://satwcomic.com/art/new-nordic.jpg

Alla Zima
09-05-2019, 06:23 PM

https://i.imgur.com/RV1G9MN.png

Do you have something against the Mongols? You don't think of them like people?

Ülev
09-05-2019, 06:30 PM
great people, those Mongols

https://youtu.be/DDjqV_vNOwY

Satem
09-05-2019, 06:40 PM
^^^^

Btw. there are better projects of Estonian flag with Nordic cross

https://i.imgur.com/xm0i46Z.png

https://i.imgur.com/wb7eilD.png

^^This one looks badass imo

Rumata
09-05-2019, 07:41 PM
https://i.imgur.com/wb7eilD.png

^^This one looks badass imo

And reminds of another cross:

https://www.adl.org/sites/default/files/styles/max_650x650/public/images/combating-hate/hate-on-display/c/iron-cross-1.jpg?itok=gAb2jmYt

Rumata
09-05-2019, 07:45 PM

Nah. Mongols still are humans. Russia does have inner Mongols - they are Buryats. But that group that you've posted is from Udmurtia. Know the difference.

https://s1.1zoom.ru/b5050/912/323856-alexfas01_3840x2400.jpg

Tommie
09-05-2019, 08:11 PM
Finnic people are the most distant.

michal3141
09-05-2019, 08:25 PM

2. Balkan countries
3. Russians
5. French
6. Irish
7. Swiss > Belgians
8. Estonians
9. British, Wales
10. Scottish
11. Austrians > Germans
12. Dutch
13. Icelandics, Danes
14. Norwegians
15. Swedish

Do Finns really feel closer to Brits than Estonians?
Seems crazy to me.

> getMonte('esto_english.txt', 'finnish.txt')
[1] "1. CLOSEST SINGLE ITEM DISTANCE%"
Estonian English English_Cornwall
3.670108 8.040525 8.368622

Finnish Swede
09-05-2019, 10:10 PM
Do Finns really feel closer to Brits than Estonians?
Seems crazy to me.

> getMonte('esto_english.txt', 'finnish.txt')
[1] "1. CLOSEST SINGLE ITEM DISTANCE%"
Estonian English English_Cornwall
3.670108 8.040525 8.368622

Finns hardly. I don't keep myself Finn (as being apart of small minority which lives in Finland .... the difference to majority is even part of my own identity). But I have been influenced by Finnish culture ... a lot. I'm very straight talking ... vs any Swedish.
Estonians are fine, but it will take some time (generation or two) to wash away all Russian memories from them.

Zeno
09-08-2019, 11:11 AM

Saved.

Duffmannn
09-08-2019, 04:59 PM
Hungarians.

Westbrook
09-08-2019, 05:02 PM
Southern Slavs and Baltics feel the most foreign and unknown to me

WhatsGoingOnBigGuy
09-08-2019, 05:04 PM
The only two places my ancestry doesn't dip into would be Iberia and the balkans, so I would say probably Portuguese or Greek.

travv
08-20-2020, 07:58 PM
Southern Europe and the Balkans.

Roy
08-20-2020, 07:59 PM
Ohh ... I discovered that I've already left my answer pages ago.
Either way the southernmost europeans along the Mediterranean sea coast look mostly alien to me.

Dušan
08-20-2020, 08:02 PM
Finns.

Immanenz
08-20-2020, 08:04 PM
Finns.

Slav have some Baltids/ Borrebies thoug, no ?

Dušan
08-20-2020, 08:07 PM
Slav have some Baltids/ Borrebies thoug, no ?

Language, origin, lifestyle - not very similar between Serbs and Finns.
Maybe I am wrong, but thats my impression.

gixajo
The only two places my ancestry doesn't dip into would be Iberia and the balkans, so I would say probably Portuguese or Greek.

You are 12.5% Sicilian and you don´t see Greeks close to you...?

mitalit
Russia

calxpal
08-20-2020, 08:41 PM
For me It's a very tough call :confused::), I'm tied between choosing Finns or Italians.

RyoHazuki
08-20-2020, 08:52 PM
East Ukraine. Southern Europeans have been more in the "Western European" cultural sphere in recent history, save for Greeks. So they feel culturally familiar to me. The eastern fringes of Europe feel very exotic by comparison with the number of influences from Central Asian countries and the cultural disparity that being separated from the West for centuries brought.

Rumata
08-21-2020, 04:25 AM
East Ukraine. Southern Europeans have been more in the "Western European" cultural sphere in recent history, save for Greeks. So they feel culturally familiar to me. The eastern fringes of Europe feel very exotic by comparison with the number of influences from Central Asian countries and the cultural disparity that being separated from the West for centuries brought.

What influences?

RyoHazuki
08-21-2020, 05:15 AM
What influences?

Steppe culture/cossacks. More exotic than anything west of Germany to me.

Vojnik
08-21-2020, 05:20 AM
Icelanders.

Crn Volk
08-21-2020, 05:26 AM
Saami

Egyvalaki
08-21-2020, 05:31 AM
Maybe darker and shorter types of southern europe but honestly i don't feel them exotic.

Rumata
08-21-2020, 06:04 AM
Steppe culture/cossacks. More exotic than anything west of Germany to me.
In this case the influence came from peoples that lived around those Cossacks, not exactly from "Central Asian countries". Cossacks used to adopt some customs of the peoples they mostly contacted with. But the modern Cossacks aren't that distinct.

Central Asian migrants are modern though.

RyoHazuki
08-21-2020, 07:37 AM
In this case the influence came from peoples that lived around those Cossacks, not exactly from "Central Asian countries". Cossacks used to adopt some customs of the peoples they mostly contacted with. But the modern Cossacks aren't that distinct.

Central Asian migrants are modern though.

I really don't feel like splitting hairs over semantics regarding *how* such motifs promulgated. Point is steppe culture is more foreign to me and many other Westerners than other European cultures.

Blondie
08-21-2020, 07:47 AM
Gypsies, they are totaly aliens to me.

Aldaris
08-21-2020, 07:49 AM
Now that's a hell of a question. Finland, I guess.

frankhammer
08-21-2020, 07:51 AM
Romanians. The Carpathians, the Black sea, Transylvania, the Danube delta, dark hair, food, language and culture. The list goes on.

As an alternative, Hungarians. An interesting history, food, culture.

Rumata
08-21-2020, 08:07 AM
I really don't feel like splitting hairs over semantics regarding *how* such motifs promulgated. Point is steppe culture is more foreign to me and many other Westerners than other European cultures.

It was about wording which change meaning.

I agree about the fact that steppe culture is foreign in Europe. No wonder considering it has no actual steppe.

knez01
08-21-2020, 11:15 AM
Swedish and Finnish, closest is other Balkan and Mediterranean countries.

PaleoEuropean
08-21-2020, 11:20 AM
Probably everyone is exotic compared to the British xD.

Salty Ears
08-21-2020, 12:10 PM
Maltese

Roy
08-21-2020, 05:21 PM

Somehow it blows my mind that it is closer from Eastern border of Ukraine with Russia to Kazakhstan than to Poland or even Moldova.

aynora
08-21-2020, 05:33 PM
Bulgaria

Faklon
08-21-2020, 05:43 PM
Estonia probably

alnortedelsur
08-21-2020, 05:53 PM
For Spain I would say Finland and Russia. I must say, however, that some Spaniards could pass in Russia.

Dunai
08-21-2020, 06:25 PM
The two extremes, Portugal and Finland.

Scandal
08-21-2020, 06:40 PM
On Eurogenes k13 my ethnicity is genetically more like Finland than Lombardy (not to mention south of Lombardy). So I will say southern Italians (Calabria, Sicily etc) are most exotic for me.

Distance to: Hungarian
22.22810806 Finnish
25.23501340 Lombardy
37.75922988 Malta
39.80582878 Calabria
47.64937936 Sardinia

Grace O'Malley
08-21-2020, 06:52 PM
Irish judging by these passing threads. I'm a exotic specimen as far as passing in European countries. Some people with non-European admixture can pass better in a lot of European countries than myself which is interesting. This is just based on the few passing threads that I have been involved. Anyway I must be pretty exotic to many Europeans :)

Scandal
08-21-2020, 06:58 PM
Finland is over exotified here, from a genetic pov at least.

Faklon
08-21-2020, 07:12 PM
Irish judging by these passing threads. I'm a exotic specimen as far as passing in European countries. Some people with non-European admixture can pass better in a lot of European countries than myself which is interesting. This is just based on the few passing threads that I have been involved. Anyway I must be pretty exotic to many Europeans :)

Yes, both you and Colin Farrell could only pass in Ireland.

More atypical than any Sultana and Uralische beauty met in other parts.

alnortedelsur
08-21-2020, 10:17 PM

I think you exaggerate. Even though you have a very British Isles phenotype, you still could reasonably pass in many NW European countries, France, and Western Central Europe (southern Germany, Austria, Switzerland). Is just that you start looking too foreign in Southern Europe, and perhaps in Eastern Europe, but you still could pass in those aforementioned European countries.

Grace O'Malley
08-22-2020, 08:07 AM
I think you exaggerate. Even though you have a very British Isles phenotype, you still could reasonably pass in many NW European countries, France, and Western Central Europe (southern Germany, Austria, Switzerland). Is just that you start looking too foreign in Southern Europe, and perhaps in Eastern Europe, but you still could pass in those aforementioned European countries.

Yes I was not been overly serious. :)

Finnish Swede
08-22-2020, 08:31 AM

Believe me it needs to be that all the other ways too ... for example Finland did not face ''1956'' in its full form.

Jana
08-22-2020, 09:11 AM
Dutch have most alien faces in comparison with Croats in my opinion.

Zeno
08-22-2020, 09:52 AM
I think it's the Finns for us Greeks.

Roy
08-22-2020, 11:03 AM

Quite possible. Some of their characteristics and them being so distant genetically are a result of bottleneck effect mostly.

Roy
08-22-2020, 11:07 AM
What influences?

These influences make Eastern Europe more alike Turkmenistan.
https://i.imgur.com/tM5B5Zw.jpeg
https://www.sadanduseless.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/russian-carpets11.jpg

Finnish Swede
08-22-2020, 12:23 PM
I think it's the Finns for us Greeks.

Good.

Benyzero
08-22-2020, 12:37 PM
https://i.imgur.com/tM5B5Zw.jpeg

Those carpets lol yeah, very east eu.

Rumata
08-22-2020, 03:05 PM

Why plural, where you only present one influence - carpets on walls? Btw, I agree with this one.

The case of the toilet is just an extravagant example of idiotism which has nothing to do with any influences hence the downvote.

Immanenz
08-22-2020, 03:07 PM
Dutch have most alien faces in comparison with Croats in my opinion.

More than Brits?

Jana
08-22-2020, 03:18 PM
More than Brits?

Yeah.

Frowning Man
08-22-2020, 03:19 PM
Everything is simple for me. For me, all Europeans are exotic except for Russians, Ukrainians and Belarusians.

Roy
08-22-2020, 03:55 PM
Why plural, where you only present one influence - carpets on walls? Btw, I agree with this one.

The case of the toilet is just an extravagant example of idiotism which has nothing to do with any influences hence the downvote.

Obviously the toilet one is for giggles.

But Russians love carpets on walls. And there are many more similar, other influences as well as Turkic borrowings in Russian language.

Why are you butthurt over it?

Rumata
08-22-2020, 04:03 PM
Obviously the toilet is for giggles.
Obvious for you but far from all.

But Russians love carpets on walls. And there are many more similar, other influences as well as Turkic borrowings in Russian language.
OK tovarissh Roy. The only problem is I love carpets on floors and I find carpets on walls rather silly unless it's a suitable way to save warmth in the room.

Rumata
08-22-2020, 04:04 PM
Why are you butthurt over it?

Sorry, what?

Cristiano viejo
08-22-2020, 04:33 PM
Russians I would say.

Creoda
08-22-2020, 05:18 PM
On Eurogenes k13 my ethnicity is genetically more like Finland than Lombardy (not to mention south of Lombardy). So I will say southern Italians (Calabria, Sicily etc) are most exotic for me.
Despite many averages being inadequate, I think G25 distances are broadly better than K13/K15, although it shows the same thing with regards to your point.

Distance to: Hungarian
0.01134427 Croatian
0.01437884 Slovenian
0.01645450 Austrian
0.01812017 Czech
0.02265930 German_East
0.02405128 Bosnian
0.02674783 German
0.02723521 Moldovan
0.02831723 Slovakian
0.03169713 Moldovan_o
0.03338787 Montenegrin
0.03602104 Polish
0.03605125 Afrikaner
0.03632838 Serbian
0.03663567 French_Alsace
0.03761577 French_Seine-Maritime
0.03922413 Ukrainian
0.03956133 French_Nord
0.03987462 Dutch
0.04043061 Belgian
0.04069295 Sorb_Niederlausitz
0.04097397 Romanian
0.04177811 Danish
0.04231071 Swedish
0.04262193 Swiss_German
0.04465002 Welsh
0.04494046 Cossack_Ukrainian
0.04515916 French_Pas-de-Calais
0.04542382 French_Brittany
0.04604260 English
0.04641078 Orcadian
0.04648989 Shetlandic
0.04668931 Scottish
0.04714021 Russian_Voronez
0.04734476 Russian_Orel
0.04742344 English_Cornwall
0.04802340 French_Paris
0.04811365 Macedonian
0.04826477 Norwegian
0.05042124 Icelandic
0.05047623 Russian_Kursk
0.05073625 Bulgarian
0.05113326 Irish
0.05243258 Italian_Northeast
0.05293239 Russian_Smolensk
0.05391281 French_Occitanie
0.05430397 French_Auvergne
0.05527893 Belarusian
0.05585737 Swiss_French
0.05739834 French_Provence
0.05847812 Russian_Tver
0.05946363 Gagauz
0.06025411 Italian_Aosta_Valley
0.06111092 Cossack_Kuban
0.06166253 Lithuanian_PA
0.06363827 Italian_Trentino-Alto-Adige
0.06590428 Italian_Veneto
0.06618422 Lithuanian_VA
0.06626306 Spanish_Barcelones
0.06662036 Spanish_Penedes
0.06680142 Spanish_Mallorca
0.06715019 Spanish_Camp_de_Tarragona
0.06731731 Turkish_Deliorman
0.06736310 Spanish_Girona
0.06834059 Spanish_Catalunya_Central
0.06885396 Russian_Kostroma
0.06893305 Mordovian
0.06935566 Spanish_Peri-Barcelona
0.07050987 Spanish_Lleida
0.07076862 Spanish_Baleares
0.07096883 Spanish_Cataluna
0.07132466 Estonian
0.07169358 Finnish
0.07215404 Spanish_Eivissa
0.07300717 Spanish_Pirineu
0.07337641 Swiss_Italian
0.07344093 Lithuanian_RA
0.07345263 Spanish_Terres_de_l'Ebre
0.07350973 Ingrian
0.07382894 Lithuanian_VZ
0.07391431 Spanish_Menorca
0.07400101 Spanish_Valencia
0.07434565 Italian_Bergamo
0.07439399 Italian_Liguria
0.07449136 Spanish_Galicia
0.07503349 Spanish_Castello
0.07521556 Spanish_Castilla_Y_Leon
0.07541017 Spanish_Alacant
0.07572031 Spanish_Cantabria
0.07598468 Greek_Central_Macedonia
0.07598546 French_South
0.07723042 Spanish_Murcia
0.07731378 Italian_Piedmont
0.07761929 Spanish_Aragon
0.07782224 Spanish_Castilla_La_Mancha
0.07786845 Albanian
0.07791458 Portuguese
0.07833582 Spanish_Extremadura
0.07853683 Spanish_Andalucia
0.07862525 Spanish_Soria
0.07882806 Italian_Lombardy
0.08066836 Lithuanian_SZ
0.08120535 Spanish_Asturias
0.08154871 Spanish_Pais_Vasco
0.08162592 Lithuanian_PZ
0.08215898 Spanish_Navarra
0.08219707 Greek_Thessaly
0.08324760 Basque_French
0.08391414 Latvian
0.08665055 Turkish_Rumeli
0.08668849 Italian_Tuscany
0.08720943 Karelian
0.08954427 Vepsian
0.08966837 Basque_Spanish
0.08983589 Spanish_La_Rioja
0.09002810 Finnish_East
0.09168411 French_Corsica
0.09195138 Roma_Barcelona
0.09399278 Italian_Marche
0.09588009 Italian_Umbria
0.09612692 Spanish_Canarias
0.09779073 Russian_Pinega
0.09928282 Greek_Peloponnese
0.10162002 Italian_Lazio
0.10172400 Tatar_Mishar
0.10272066 Italian_Molise
0.10348339 Greek_Izmir
0.10445886 Italian_Abruzzo
0.10635307 Sicilian_West
0.11005300 Ashkenazi_Russia
0.11039664 Italian_Apulia
0.11069578 Ashkenazi_Ukraine
0.11129252 Ashkenazi_Belarussia
0.11169570 Italian_Basilicata
0.11329755 Ashkenazi_Lithuania
0.11447571 Sicilian_East
0.11467014 Ashkenazi_Poland
0.11545925 Roma_Madrid
0.11697750 Italian_Campania
0.11763835 Maltese
0.11982989 Turkish_Istanbul
0.12118733 Italian_Calabria
0.12197462 Komi
0.12308859 Greek_Crete
0.12637532 Ashkenazi_Germany
0.12998212 Roma_Bilbao
0.13204985 Tatar_Kazan
0.13352704 Greek_Kos
0.13377712 Roma_Porto
0.13494206 Turkish_Balikesir
0.13578523 Kaitag
0.13610118 Italian_Jew
0.13680839 Turkish_Northwest
0.13809459 Roma_Granada
0.13876131 Tabasaran
0.13890196 Kumyk
0.13985170 Sephardic_Jew
0.14007542 Kabardin
0.14040191 Avar
0.14176241 Cherkes
0.14183942 Turkish_Aydin
0.14320584 Lak
0.14327465 Darginian
0.14421903 Turkish_Southwest
0.14437646 Kubachinian
0.14490803 Circassian
0.14540992 Turkish_North
0.14584744 Moroccan_Jew
0.14587153 Turkish_Central
0.14609973 Turkish_Adana
0.14659258 Chechen
0.14671666 Balkar
0.14671932 Romaniote_Jew
0.14735891 Tajik_Yagnobi
0.14743169 Turkish_Kayseri
0.14752716 Karachay
0.14760468 Adygei
0.14822810 Ingushian
0.14826139 Abazin
0.14989215 Azeri_Dagestan
0.15098928 Roma_Balkans
0.15167901 Sardinian
0.15182408 Greek_Central_Anatolia
0.15240538 Turkish_South
0.15531040 Tajik_Rushan
0.15599864 Syrian_Jew
0.15658376 Turkish_East
0.15817334 Cypriot
0.15930808 Azeri_Turkey
0.15960090 North_Ossetian
0.16075039 Libyan_Jew
0.16254526 Ossetian
0.16308878 Ezid
0.16320287 Besermyan
0.16329888 Azeri
0.16351851 Tunisian_Jew
0.16357362 Tatar_Lipka
0.16446464 Tajik_Shugnan
0.16497342 Tatar_Crimean_steppe
0.16726562 Iranian_Zoroastrian

Harkonnen
08-22-2020, 05:25 PM
Ostrobothnians.

Gota_type_
08-22-2020, 06:40 PM
It is obvious that if someone is from an European ethnicity that their composition is basically: 40% Neolithic farmer and 30% WHG will be more similar to a different people from a different European country that has more or less the same ancient %. So, most north-Europeans will always be marginally more related genetically (not culturally and other parameters) and most southern Europeans the same. But this means Little. I am sure that if someone from the viking zone of UK was DNA analyzed he would be marginally closer to a Norwegian than someone from Wales with 0% Nordic genetic DNA.

And if someone from the Canarias Islands from Spain (many have a 8-10% ancient bereber blood) is compared with someone from Cataluña (NE Spain), then the Canary islander will be marginally more distant to an Italian than the one from Cataluña.

Finnish Swede
08-22-2020, 07:14 PM
Ostrobothnians.

LOL :thumb001:.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ECqk3spWwAAWvzP.jpg

You remember then I (two years ago?) said here that Finland has been populated by two kinds of people ... and you denied that back then.
Looks like you have changed your opinion.

https://media.vanityfair.com/photos/5cffaada76711f147a7fe64e/9:16/w_314,h_559,c_limit/Screen%20Shot%202019-06-11%20at%209.16.56%20AM.png

Ülev
08-22-2020, 07:21 PM
Russians I would say.

minus Komids and Chuvash people

frankhammer
08-22-2020, 07:27 PM

Damn, men must sit down and pee like women. For them to stand and piss like men, that carpet would be destroyed in no time.

Ülev
08-22-2020, 07:32 PM
^^

https://youtu.be/O9ghusBrLh8

travv
08-22-2020, 08:34 PM
^^

https://youtu.be/O9ghusBrLh8

Агата Кристи - Ковёр Вертолёт

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt_tyk3K1dY