PDA

View Full Version : Jouve-Cerebrals Test of Induction (JCTI)

safinator
07-10-2011, 07:15 PM
The JCTI is a computerized nonverbal intelligence test designed with figurative items which don’t require acquired knowledge. The JCTI has been developped so that the number of items (up to 52) is individually adapted according to the test-taker’s performance. Thanks to the nonverbal nature of its items, this test is suitable for testing persons without cultural bias. It yields with a Reasoning Index (RIX), an age-referenced standard score that uses a mean of 100, and 15 points per standard deviation.

Along with excellent Alpha reliability coefficients over ages (ranged from .92 to .96 in persons aged 7:5 years to 62 years; the value for the entire sample gathering 1,020 persons was .95), the JCTI RIX has also demonstrated high validity. As a result of factor analysis for construct validity, the JCTI showed to be very highly loaded on the general ability factor (.88) that latently linked it to the subscales of the Scholastic Assessment Test-Recentered (SAT-I) and proved to be the most loaded in inductive reasoning (.96).

Analyses also demonstrated that the correlations with other measures of cognitive ability were within the expectations and higher magnitudes of Pearson’s coefficient were observed with nonverbal tasks. As an example, the JCTI RIX and the Performance IQ of the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale (WAIS) were correlated at .74 (N=50). Furthermore, the JCTI RIX was seen to be very closely related to the mathematical scale of the SAT-I at .82 (N=99). Significant correlations were also observed with general (r=.67 with WAIS FSIQ, N=50) and crystallized intelligence measures (r=.57 with the JCCES CEI, N=103). According to these findings the JCTI RIX can be regarded as a valid and reliable measure that could be used in the field of education and psychology.

Probably the best test on Internet that measures the G factor in Intelligence(Xavier Jouve is a PHD in psychometry)

Do it.

LINK (http://www.cerebrals.org/jcti/JCTI.html)

Humanophage
07-10-2011, 09:26 PM
I wonder if my performance would have been better if I wasn't greatly exhausted physically. Probably not. It's a decent score, but embarrassingly low in comparison to the gentlemen at Cerebrals Board.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f389/Humanophage/FairlySmart.jpg

I am fairly good with pattern recognition.

safinator
07-10-2011, 09:34 PM
That's a good score.

About Pattern Recognition:

Pattern recognition
Out of all mental abilities this type of intelligence is said to have the highest correlation with the general intelligence factor, g. This is primarily because pattern recognition is the ability to see order in a chaotic environment; the primary condition for life. Patterns can be found in ideas, words, symbols and images and pattern recognition is a key determinant of your potential in logical, verbal, numerical and spatial abilities. It is essential for reasoning because your capacity to think logically is based on your perception of the logic around you. Your pattern recognition skills are expressed verbally through your long term exposure to language and your mathematical and spatial abilities are based on your perception of numerical data and 3D objectsSo we must say that Pattern Recognition is a good measure of G.

Eldritch
07-11-2011, 12:17 AM
My score was 125.

It says not to take it again the same day, so I'll wait a couple of days before I try to break the magic 144. I have a feeling I just might be able to do it. :p

Ibericus
07-11-2011, 03:19 AM
I got 146 :

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg607/scaled.php?server=607&filename=testmt.png&res=medium

Absinthe
07-11-2011, 08:30 AM
I got 106 (lol) cause I have a very short attention span, I am seriously losing my patience after a while and just click on random patterns.... :D I'll take it again in a few days, at some point when I can concentrate.

safinator
07-11-2011, 09:57 AM
My score was 125.

It says not to take it again the same day, so I'll wait a couple of days before I try to break the magic 144. I have a feeling I just might be able to do it. :p
The good part about this test is that the score doesn't change much over time since
is individually adapted according to the test-taker’s performance.

Eldritch
07-11-2011, 12:38 PM
The good part about this test is that the score doesn't change much over time since
is individually adapted according to the test-taker’s performance.

I'm still pretty sure I can do better the second time.

It was only when I got to the third one of those series of squares converging on each other that I understood what the hell they're about, for example.

safinator
07-11-2011, 01:24 PM
Yes the score can change.
The first time some months ago i made 128 but yesterday i made 137.
I think the first time is the most important one.

Peasant
07-11-2011, 02:03 PM

I don't how to figure out those squares divided into triangles patterns.:mad:

safinator
07-11-2011, 02:38 PM
The score to be fair.
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/2954/iqjpg.png

I reccomend anyone to post their score in picture:D:D

Tel Errant
07-11-2011, 05:36 PM

Han Cholo
11-11-2011, 05:51 PM
Fuck, the sticks freaked me out. I scored 122 but can't be arsed to take a pic.

GeistFaust
11-17-2011, 08:28 PM
I got a 123 but I lost focus and then completely gave up on the last 7 questions and randomly clicked them.

Money Shot
11-18-2011, 12:10 AM
I got a 127.

I figured the squares converging pretty much right at first, but some of the other stuff not so much.

Osweo
11-18-2011, 12:33 AM
130 :shrug:

Rather dull toward the end.

Raskolnikov
11-18-2011, 02:40 AM
300 (like the movie).

Lahtari
11-18-2011, 03:00 AM
Cereals? I'm hungry.

Anyway, I'm waaay more intelligent than you sober folks.:thumb001:

safinator
11-22-2011, 01:11 AM
Fuck, the sticks freaked me out. I scored 122 but can't be arsed to take a pic.
Take a pic.

Padre Organtino
04-26-2012, 12:23 PM
Took a test and got 145. I wanted to change some stuff (accidentally typed 255 instead of my real age) and now I can't go back to the screen with the score.

Has the fact that I've misprovided my age greatly affected my score I wonder?

safinator
02-11-2013, 08:17 PM
Bump!

larali
02-11-2013, 08:23 PM
When I took it last year on ABF I got a 130 the first time and 129 the second. :whistle:

Andarijo
02-24-2013, 11:37 AM
I took 111. My g factor is low is mainly because of my intelligence lack in mathematics, in which I am simply terrible. Despite already being with my early twenties, I can not do math double digit quickly and mentally. The IQ test is an excellent indicator of intelligence but there are some exceptions. I think I have asymmetric intelligence and aspie cognitive pattern.

Andarijo
02-24-2013, 11:46 AM
I have a friend who has a sister psychologist. He said the real iq tests are much longer and more complex than those of the Internet.

Desaix DeBurgh
10-23-2013, 03:42 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/naudiz/IQrange_zpsd12c97c5.jpg

Non-verbal culture neutral IQ tests that are highly saturated in G need to be taken more than once because they vary more than verbal culture loaded tests. I know from taking the Weschler IQ test as a kid and in my teens that my verbal IQ is 126. However, it said my nonverbal performance IQ was only in the 90s. This test is however saying that my nonverbal IQ is 119. I don't think I tried very hard as a kid on the non-verbal performance section because I don't think I was motivated to do well and I just got frustrated and gave minimal effort forward (I know I put much more effort into this IQ test). I was either that former reason or this latter reason or both, in combination, that I did not do so well on on the Weschler non-verbal performance IQ portion of the test : Since I am introverted and conscientious, I am actually somewhat handicapped on the many group tests of IQ that require speed of answering rather than accuracy (e.g. the Weschler IQ test). For this reason or reasons I think my IQ was artificially lowered by the Weschler. I think the latter reason is why Asians only score 106 on IQ tests. Since Asians are introverted and conscientious I think their real average IQ is 110 not 106 or 105.

so 119 isn't that great but I'm still smarter than the average bear and I think my full scale IQ is in the 120s because I'm pretty sure my verbal IQ is higher than my nonverbal. Not only does the Weschler IQ test use both verbal and non-verbal IQ but the Mensa entrance test uses non-verbal culturally neutral questions and verbal culture loaded questions 50/50 on their test to give a full scale IQ for example.

P.S. I edited out the gender part of my IQ results because it put some sensitive information there by mistake.

Neanderthal
10-23-2013, 04:36 PM

Andarijo
10-31-2013, 02:06 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/naudiz/IQrange_zpsd12c97c5.jpg

Non-verbal culture neutral IQ tests that are highly saturated in G need to be taken more than once because they vary more than verbal culture loaded tests. I know from taking the Weschler IQ test as a kid and in my teens that my verbal IQ is 126. However, it said my nonverbal performance IQ was only in the 90s. This test is however saying that my nonverbal IQ is 119. I don't think I tried very hard as a kid on the non-verbal performance section because I don't think I was motivated to do well and I just got frustrated and gave minimal effort forward (I know I put much more effort into this IQ test). I was either that former reason or this latter reason or both, in combination, that I did not do so well on on the Weschler non-verbal performance IQ portion of the test : Since I am introverted and conscientious, I am actually somewhat handicapped on the many group tests of IQ that require speed of answering rather than accuracy (e.g. the Weschler IQ test). For this reason or reasons I think my IQ was artificially lowered by the Weschler. I think the latter reason is why Asians only score 106 on IQ tests. Since Asians are introverted and conscientious I think their real average IQ is 110 not 106 or 105.

so 119 isn't that great but I'm still smarter than the average bear and I think my full scale IQ is in the 120s because I'm pretty sure my verbal IQ is higher than my nonverbal. Not only does the Weschler IQ test use both verbal and non-verbal IQ but the Mensa entrance test uses non-verbal culturally neutral questions and verbal culture loaded questions 50/50 on their test to give a full scale IQ for example.

P.S. I edited out the gender part of my IQ results because it put some sensitive information there by mistake.

I made over 25 iq tests on the internet and found a pattern that my verbal ability as I imagined, is greater than my ability nonverbal, but the site Cooijmans Paul, where he lectures on the relationship between autism and genius, says the verbal iQ is also related to mathematical iq. Got very poorly in mathematics is important to the understanding of the issues listed, ie, you must be good at interpreting. I can say that I'm not extremely bad at basic math.
I still thoughtful about what is the real difference between the professionally administered IQ tests and tests internet.
As I'm not a paranoid person, I believe that psychologists, afraid of losing good money to earn administering intelligence tests, refuse to accept the validity of most of testing internet, just thinking about the bill more to help the budget house.
The major problem of iq tests , although not invalidate them under any circumstances, is that smart people like us, we must prove that we are intelligent as a person with blue eyes need to prove you have blue eyes .
Intelligence is not only 3 digits , I think she would be a form of personality. IQ tests are formidable to predict the behavior and performance of normal people , but suffers enormously in predicting the ability of people like us outliers .
For example , I've seen several times , surveys show that people most likely to commit suicide have IQ lower than people with fewer chances , especially high IQS . It is unbelievable to imagine that people with a predisposition to suicide may be less intelligent than a average joey , I can not believe it , because I have a very vivid impression that generally those with this sad trend are very intelligent . Most people with low iq definitely not seem to have suicidal predisposition .
His remark about introversion and intelligence tests is very interesting. I share the same problem as you, introverted people have a greater tendency to think before answering, as a result the timed tests should not be used for us. Iq tests stem from the same principle that much of psychology is guided in that there are universal principles to human traits. But this is not so. Not that it has some logic but in fact, when you have different selective pressures, the same feature can display different realities. We may note that when comparing people of different races with the same IQ. In terms of average, an introverted white iq 107 will not behave exactly like an Asian introverted iq 107.
Just like you I do not accept that my meager test results are good internet characterizing my general skills.

hobosmurf
10-31-2013, 03:00 AM
95% chance to fall within 117-127

Ziveth
06-24-2017, 03:27 PM
The link says "error 404 not found". Someone know if there is also another link for this?

TEUTORIGOS
03-30-2018, 03:08 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/naudiz/Kevin-IQ-JCTI_zpspbj8ec3r.png

Reliability: Excellent internal consistency
(rtt=.95, N=1,946) and precision of
measurement (SEM=2.57).

Advanced Progressive Matrices (APM) r=.92 N= 55
American College Test (ACT) .r=59 N=170

Par Xavier Jouve De France

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c3/Flag_of_France.svg/900px-Flag_of_France.svg.png

firemonkey
06-09-2018, 12:58 AM
I have the proverbial 'spiky profile' indicative of a learning difficulty(UK terminology) with VIQ much greater than PIQ(non-verbal) . I scored 77(73-83)on the untimed test and 40 on the timed test.

TEUTORIGOS
06-09-2018, 01:09 AM
I have the proverbial 'spiky profile' indicative of a learning difficulty(UK terminology) with VIQ much greater than PIQ(non-verbal) . I scored 77(73-83)on the untimed test and 40 on the timed test.

That is closer to a Ashkenazi Jew result. I scored 125 which is the bare minimum to be part of the cognitive elite, according the the book "The Bell Curve" by Charles Murray et al , and my verbal is about the same like most normal people (symmetrical profiles). It is a definitely a legit test unlike most internet IQ tests it is similar to APM and is a close measure of the G factor.

firemonkey
06-09-2018, 11:13 AM
That is closer to a Ashkenazi Jew result. I scored 125 which is the bare minimum to be part of the cognitive elite, according the the book "The Bell Curve" by Charles Murray et al , and my verbal is about the same like most normal people (symmetrical profiles). It is a definitely a legit test unlike most internet IQ tests it is similar to APM and is a close measure of the G factor.

Why do you say closer to an Ashkenazi Jew result? My verbal is at least 50 points higher than my non-verbal.

Larali
06-09-2018, 02:14 PM
Mine was 148 in third grade, then when I took the JCTI on ABF a few years ago it was 130.... I'll take it again this week, it probably went down a lot since then.

I would have expected you to score closer to 150 @TEUTORIGOS

firemonkey
06-09-2018, 06:26 PM
I tried the timed test again.This time trying to see if taking the time to get correct answers might offset answering less answers. There was a very slight improvement in correct answers from 20 to 21 out of 42 questions answered. The IQ still came out as 40. This tells me pacing myself to try and think of correct answers makes no real difference for me on this. This is perhaps because my aptitude level is too low to allow for possible improvements by trying more intensely though more slowly to answer the questions. I'm guessing for those more adept the gains in answering more slowly to answer more accurately might be more noticeable.

Boudin
10-19-2023, 06:39 AM
The link in the OP is broken, the new one is at https://www.cogn-iq.org/jcti-iq-inductive-reasoning-test.php.