PDA

View Full Version : Balut

nick47
08-30-2019, 04:45 AM
What is the history behind balut? I mean, how long has this been eaten and did the earlier Oriental/Pacific Islander populations ever get sick, have disease etc. from this delicacy? Why did this become a popular street food esp. in the Philippines.

1R0N M4N XL
09-13-2019, 03:20 AM
What is the history behind balut? I mean, how long has this been eaten and did the earlier Oriental/Pacific Islander populations ever get sick, have disease etc. from this delicacy? Why did this become a popular street food esp. in the Philippines.

its a fertilized duck embryo egg. its popular in the sense of bizarreness/shock value .. I dont know anyone who caught diseases or got I sick from it. it might look disgusting buts it's actually not bad tasting. my suggestion is don't eat it if you see a duck embryo forming or something... only eat if you dont see a duck embryo.

1R0N M4N XL
09-13-2019, 03:27 AM
if you go to Filipino restaurant or went to philippines the most popular street food ''eggs'' is KWEK KWEK'' . its fried Quail eggs. a Dog goes wof wof and a cat goes meow. a duck/chicken goes kwek kwek. I think that how it gotten its name.

https://i1.wp.com/www.mamasguiderecipes.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/20190614_212451_0000.jpg?resize=683%2C1024&ssl=1