PDA

View Full Version : Are iberians less blonder than argentines?

OdisseusOfiucus
08-31-2019, 12:55 AM
Are argentines blonder than iberians?

TheMaestro
08-31-2019, 12:57 AM
Ofc Iberians are more blonde than Argentinians

Dawnbringer
08-31-2019, 01:03 AM
Ofc Iberians are more blonde than Argentinians

As a whole, but what about areas with many Germans in Córdoba province?

TheMaestro
08-31-2019, 01:07 AM

Thats so irellevant then, are you now comparing provinces, countries or cities?

Dawnbringer
08-31-2019, 01:19 AM
Thats so irellevant then, are you now comparing provinces, countries or cities?

Not withstanding the question itself, I am suggesting that there is a possibility that there are areas of the Córdoba province lighter than anywhere in Iberia.

PaleoEuropean
08-31-2019, 01:29 AM
I would think that Argentina would be just because it has so many different European nationalities mixed in. Spain is kinda has it's been for a long time.

MagBaX
08-31-2019, 02:06 AM
Argentina is not as white as it used to be. So no, there still are german colonies and, of course, the descendants of pure europeans. But as a country we're definitely not blonder than Europe itself.

Tenma de Pegasus
08-31-2019, 02:11 AM
Are argentines blonder than iberians?

???

Token
08-31-2019, 02:13 AM
Argentina's whiteness is severely overrated.

Jacques de Imbelloni
08-31-2019, 02:14 AM
100% of ethnic Iberians are native European, less than 50% of argentines are full or near full European.
That being said you have some communities of Germans and northern Italians in Argentina, but they are just a fraction of the total population.
Also Argentina is probably almost 60% Iberian in ancestry, more than a million Spaniards immigrated to Argentina.

Tenma de Pegasus
08-31-2019, 02:15 AM
To begin with, are argentines blonder than uruguayans? Probably not.

PaleoEuropean
08-31-2019, 02:22 AM
100% of ethnic Iberians are native European, less than 50% of argentines are full or near full European.
That being said you have some communities of Germans and northern Italians in Argentina, but they are just a fraction of the total population.
Also Argentina is probably almost 60% Iberian in ancestry, more than a million Spaniards immigrated to Argentina.

Most Europeans trace their ancestry to the middle east and central Asia unless you have a liberal view of indigenous.

Jacques de Imbelloni
08-31-2019, 02:29 AM

From a global perspective that doesn’t really matters, because they are barely 600.000 people or less.
That being said, compare by yourself.

https://www.facebook.com/gise.uhrich.3/friends?lst=100027806089911%3A100012466711872%3A15 67208879&source_ref=pb_friends_tl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gECaogl8C0U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YORi6CB0B4o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0Pcjv7jRSQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcwEkGzM0jk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0MhVoxsnqk

Jacques de Imbelloni
08-31-2019, 02:34 AM

By native I mean people that have been in Europe since the neolithic or after¡, and give birth to modern european ethnicities.

Erronkari
08-31-2019, 02:56 AM

Exactly!!

1- Only around 40%/45% of the population are +90% Euro.
2- Only in some rural areas and little towns of the countryside settled an important number of central and north euro people (someone mentioned Cordoba, which is right, but just rural areas like La Cumbrecita or Villa General Belgrano, not the city, the bulk of people of the capital city look just med, and those towns which have an important number of descendants are very little).
3- The huge bulk of the inhabitants of the big cities of the central area of the country, Buenos Aires, Rosario, Cordoba, La Plata, Mar del Plata and Bahia Blanca look definitely MEDITERRANEAN.
4- I know both countries (included the fact to be argentine born) and Spain have more blondes for sure.

The Blade
12-09-2019, 08:47 PM
Iberians are obviously blonder as a whole.

Ujku
12-09-2019, 09:02 PM
Argentinians are actually pretty dark...I watched the other day some walking videos in Buenos Aires although the city is so fcking beautiful people are dark af with ameridian features.

Tooting Carmen
12-09-2019, 10:25 PM
Argentinians are actually pretty dark...I watched the other day some walking videos in Buenos Aires although the city is so fcking beautiful people are dark af with ameridian features.

Doubtless at least some of those are Peruvians and Bolivians who live there. All the same, although there are a good number of British, German and Polish descendants among contemporary Argentines, nevertheless the vast bulk of the population is essentially a Spanish-Italian-Amerindian mix, so no they are not collectively blonder than Iberians themselves are.

Ruggery
12-10-2019, 01:56 AM
If we only include Argentine whites versus Spaniards, then Argentine whites have more blondes just a little, remember that a part of Argentine whites descend from (Northern Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Poland and the United Kingdom) if we compare the total population of both countries in that case Spain has more.

Ruggery
12-10-2019, 02:03 AM
I would think that Argentina would be just because it has so many different European nationalities mixed in. Spain is kinda has it's been for a long time.
Good point.

To begin with, are argentines blonder than uruguayans? Probably not.

Uruguayan whites are more med than Argentine whites.

A question where are you most likely to see more blonde people in Rio Grande Do Sul or Portugal?

Tenma de Pegasus
12-10-2019, 11:59 AM
Good point.

A question where are you most likely to see more blonde people in Rio Grande Do Sul or Portugal?

Rio Grande Sul ofc, but Southern Brazil north european input is much higher than in Argentina. Its not comparable.

Tenma de Pegasus
12-10-2019, 12:16 PM
Good point.

For example I watched the Panamericano opening ceremony last semester and among the delegations with significabnt percentages of whites, Argentina was among the most mediterranean together with Colombia and Mexico. Canada, USA, Brazil, Uruguay and Chile had lighter and more pan european whites. Peru was also a surprise becuse they had much more whites than I expected.

https://youtu.be/hjsc62hsWg4

Uruguay appear at 1:21:00

https://youtu.be/gITN8_i19hY

Ruggery
12-10-2019, 01:56 PM
Rio Grande Sul ofc, but Southern Brazil north european input is much higher than in Argentina. Its not comparable.

For example I watched the Panamericano opening ceremony last semester and among the delegations with significabnt percentages of whites, Argentina was among the most mediterranean together with Colombia and Mexico. Canada, USA, Brazil, Uruguay and Chile had lighter and more pan european whites. Peru was also a surprise becuse they had much more whites than I expected.

https://youtu.be/hjsc62hsWg4

Uruguay appear at 1:21:00

https://youtu.be/gITN8_i19hY

The whites of the capital of Argentina and other areas such as Cordoba are mostly med porue descended from Spanish and Italians from the south/center but the areas of southern Argentina and others such as Misiones (border with Paraguay and Brazil) were settlements of many European centers and some from the north. I known that the south of Brazil that had more but Uruguay did not have more than Argentina, what happens is that in Uruguay there are less mestizos than Argentina.

Cristiano viejo
12-10-2019, 02:02 PM
The last time that I compared Argentinian and Spanish populations happened in the last basketball championship. Supporters, not players.
Spanish being quite more lighter/blonder/whiter.

Tooting Carmen
12-10-2019, 02:16 PM
The last time that I compared Argentinian and Spanish populations happened in the last basketball championship. Supporters, not players.
Spanish being quite more lighter/blonder/whiter.

Well around a third of Argentinians are either Mestizo or even occasionally Amerindian, so yes.

Cristiano viejo
12-10-2019, 02:24 PM
Well around a third of Argentinians are either Mestizo or even occasionally Amerindian, so yes.
Most of the Argentinian supporters were white.

Tooting Carmen
12-10-2019, 02:27 PM
Most of the Argentinian supporters were white.

Well yes, around two-thirds of the population are White (around the same figure as the US).

Tenma de Pegasus
12-10-2019, 02:33 PM
The whites of the capital of Argentina and other areas such as Cordoba are mostly med porue descended from Spaniards and Italians from the south / center but the areas of southern Argentina and others such as Misiones (border with Paraguay and Brazil) were settlements of many European centers and some from the north. I known that the south of Brazil that had more but Uruguay did not have more than Argentina, what happens is that in Uruguay there are less mestizos than Argentina.

Its true that places like Missiones, other Northeast province and South Argentina have more diverse euro input, despite some of those places being less than 50% white they have volga germans, swedes and poles. But OP was talking about Argentina as whole and Uruguay and Iberia have more blonde and light brown shades by a very significant margin, not only because Buenos Aires is very mediterranean, but because Northwest Argentina provinces also that have a lot of mestizos and harnizos.

Ruggery
12-10-2019, 02:40 PM
Its true that places like Missiones, other Northeast province and South Argentina have more diverse euro input, despite some of those places being less than 50% white they have volga germans, swedes and poles. But OP was talking about Argentina as whole and Uruguay and Iberia have more blonde and light brown shades by a very significant margin, not only because Buenos Aires is very mediterranean, but because Northwest Argentina provinces also that have a lot of mestizos and harnizos.

You're right.

Ruggery
12-10-2019, 02:44 PM

You're right.

Septentrion
12-12-2019, 12:15 AM
The "Argentinian genome" shows 27% of it is from Indigenous Americans and 9% from Sub-Saharan Africa (West and Central).

Cristiano viejo
12-12-2019, 01:04 AM
The "Argentinian genome" shows 27% of it is from Indigenous Americans and 9% from Sub-Saharan Africa (West and Central).

9% SSA... SIMPLY NOT TRUE.

FinalFlash
12-12-2019, 01:07 AM
Imbecilic thread. Iberians can't be less blonde than any Latin American country.

alnortedelsur
12-12-2019, 11:33 PM
Iberians are overall lighter on average than Argentinians as a whole, since Argentina is far from being 100% European, and most of its European background is southern European (aka Italian and Spanish).

Only certain isolated geographic spots here and there could be blonder than Spain for having many people of Central European origin (like Volga German, for example). But those are only few (mostly rural) few places here and there.

There might be also some areas with high presence of people of Northern Italian origin (very likely some urban areas), but I don't know if that would be enough for those areas to be blonder than Spain, since the presence of also some mestizos, harnizos and castizos could counterbalance things out.

But Argentina as a whole is less blonde/fair than Spain as a whole.

Cristiano viejo
12-13-2019, 12:01 AM
Iberians are overall lighter on average than Argentinians as a whole, since Argentina is far from being 100% European, and most of its European background is southern European (aka Italian and Spanish).

Only certain isolated geographic spots here and there could be blonder than Spain for having many people of Central European origin (like Volga German, for example). But those are only few (mostly rural) few places here and there.

There might be also some areas with high presence of people of Northern Italian origin (very likely some urban areas), but I don't know if that would be enough for those areas to be blonder than Spain, since the presence of also some mestizos, harnizos and castizos could counterbalance things out.

But Argentina as a whole is less blonde/fair than Spain as a whole.

North Italians are not blonder than Spaniards.

Ruggery
12-13-2019, 04:02 AM
North Italians are not blonder than Spaniards.

If it is, (only for a little) it is also possible to see a little more blond Germanic phenotypes.

Duffmannn
12-15-2019, 12:43 AM
Even the germanic argentinians are mixed, with meds (spanish, italian) and in no scarce times with mestizos.

Septentrion
12-31-2019, 03:18 PM

Argentinians are mutts! Dude! The 9% Negroid admixture comes from the previous slaves from Africa who were absorbed by the predominantly Euro - Amerindian population. Today there are no true Negroid there, because they all eventually intermixed but DNA doesn’t lie. They are still present in their veins.

Adamastor
12-31-2019, 03:32 PM
Argentinians are mutts! Dude! The 9% Negroid admixture comes from the previous slaves from Africa who were absorbed by the predominantly Euro - Amerindian population. Today there are no true Negroid there, because they all eventually intermixed but DNA doesn’t lie. They are still present in their veins.

Not true, Argentinians are at most 4-5% SSA. If average Argentinian was 9% SSA it means at least a portion of the population would have 2x or 3x more and I never saw any Argentinian with even 10% SSA, let alone 20% or 30%. If there were people with 30% SSA walking around in Argentina for sure it would be physically visible in some of them.

Septentrion
12-31-2019, 03:33 PM

I like to clarify things. This is Argentinian average genome:
Southern European - 28%
Native American - 27%
Western & Central European - 21%
Western & Central African - 9%
Northern Africa - 5%
Asia Minor - 4%
Great Britain & Ireland - 3%

Argentinians as a whole are a mixed - race reflecting a mixture of Whites, Amerinds and Africans. Although the Whites outweigh the others. The. North African component was brought by Iberian colonists.

Septentrion
12-31-2019, 03:35 PM
Not true, Argentinians are at most 4-5% SSA. If average Argentinian was 9% SSA it means at least a portion of the population would have 2x or 3x more and I never saw any Argentinian with even 10% SSA, let alone 20% or 30%. If there were people with 30% SSA walking around in Argentina for sure it would be physically visible in some of them.

Stop being a decidedly racist and start reading on the history of Negroes in Argentina and how they intermingled.

Septentrion
12-31-2019, 03:48 PM
Let everything be clarified, Iberian (Spain + Portugal) genome:
Southern European - 74%
Northern African - 9%
Western & Central European - 5%
Jewish Diaspora - 5%
Asia Minor - 4%
Great Britain and Ireland - 2%

Thus now we know that Iberians should not be compared with Argentinians! They are White while the other is a mixed - race breed. Iberians should compared to Italians, etc.
Argentinians to Columbians, Mexicans, Peruvians, etc.....

Zuh
12-31-2019, 04:17 PM
Southern European - 74%
Northern African - 9%
Jewish Diaspora - 5%
Asia Minor - 4%

Thus now we know that Iberians should not be compared with Argentinians! They are White while the other is a mixed - race breed. Iberians should compared to Italians, etc.

Why mexicans to Peruvians? :rolleyes: Peruvians as whole are more amerindian than even southern mexicans a perfect match would be with Colombians Chileans etc

Ranger0075
12-31-2019, 04:37 PM
But being part Amerindian doesnt mean these folks will be darker or whatever it is relative

Isnt rare at all for castizos being brown haired by instante, much likely Messi children

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTV9sLQNk_EYZz71OlTsfSBxj395AU yRSz65Yfb1vkwZB46Cbyo

Lmao Neymar son is blonder than german kids lulz

Numidia
12-31-2019, 04:42 PM
Very interesting topic

Duffmannn
01-01-2020, 12:31 AM
Southern European - 74%
Northern African - 9%
Jewish Diaspora - 5%
Asia Minor - 4%

Sources?

You never mention your sources when you make this kind of statements.

I´m not saying it can not be true, but mention them.

Cristiano viejo
01-01-2020, 02:33 AM
Sources?

National Geographic Project or something so :picard1:

Supercomputer
01-01-2020, 09:35 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/BvNbnh6z/3.png (https://postimages.org/)

Septentrion
01-01-2020, 09:12 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/BvNbnh6z/3.png (https://postimages.org/)

I cannot believe that you fell for that amateur estimation. There was no real study backing this up. It is not credible. I have known this for a very long time. Wake up!

Septentrion
01-01-2020, 09:14 PM
National Geographic Project or something so :picard1: Not something!
It is the National Geographic Genographic Project 2.0 Next Generation. A very credible study done on worldwide population.

Septentrion
01-01-2020, 09:19 PM
Sources?

I am very confident of my sources, that's all. I usually don't mention to have the edge on ignorant people.

Duffmannn
01-01-2020, 10:03 PM
I am very confident of my sources, that's all. I usually don't mention to have the edge on ignorant people.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_gLo7v9af5Sg/SU5nmWEAgPI/AAAAAAAABKA/3FHp7udIV0E/w1200-h630-p-k-no-nu/aluminium-foil-helmets.jpg

Rocinante
01-01-2020, 10:22 PM
Southern European - 74%
Northern African - 9%
Jewish Diaspora - 5%
Asia Minor - 4%

According spanish gedmatch average, that's a quite high asian %, and a bit high of MENA (North african + Jewish diaspora). I would take more seriously other sources, but i am not saying that couldn't be one.

Supercomputer
01-02-2020, 06:20 AM
I cannot believe that you fell for that amateur estimation. There was no real study backing this up. It is not credible. I have known this for a very long time. Wake up!

It's legit. The more other studies I come across the more I am convinced of this. By now it would have to be a light year coincidence he got so many things right.

Supercomputer
01-02-2020, 06:23 AM
Sources?

Because he doesn't have anye. Don't fall for that "I'm secretive about my sources" crap. If somebody only types numbers and doesn't provide sources when asked, he's making things up.

Cristiano viejo
01-02-2020, 06:31 AM
Because he doesn't have anye. Don't fall for that "I'm secretive about my sources" crap. If somebody only types numbers and doesn't provide sources when asked, he's making things up.

According your own "sources" Spain is blonder than Serbia or Bulgaria. What do you have to say about, boy?

Supercomputer
01-02-2020, 08:07 AM
According your own "sources" Spain is blonder than Serbia or Bulgaria. What do you have to say about, boy?

XP found the same thing. What do you mean? It probably is by a little, tough it may be a bit darker eyed at least than Serbia.

Cristiano viejo
01-02-2020, 10:21 AM
XP found the same thing. What do you mean? It probably is by a little, tough it may be a bit darker eyed at least than Serbia.

:laugh:

Supercomputer
01-02-2020, 10:47 AM
:laugh:

Argentina is not the same country as Bulgaria. Your post did not make any sense.

Creoda
01-02-2020, 01:32 PM
This is his source:
https://genographic.nationalgeographic.com/reference-populations-next-gen/

https://i.postimg.cc/x8rcTvdp/Opera-Snapshot-2020-01-03-012853-genographic-nationalgeographic.png

Septentrion
01-02-2020, 01:52 PM
This is his source:

https://i.postimg.cc/x8rcTvdp/Opera-Snapshot-2020-01-03-012853-genographic-nationalgeographic.png

Argentinians are Hybrids!

Adamastor
01-02-2020, 02:47 PM
This is his source:

Ridiculous, if you look closely only the Jews are described as being an almost pure population. :rolleyes:
Only an idiot would believe that source.

Septentrion
01-02-2020, 06:09 PM
Ridiculous, if you look closely only the Jews are described as being an almost pure population. :rolleyes:
Only an idiot would believe that source.

No, Jewish people here represented by Ashkenazi and Shepardim groups which are European + Middle-Eastern mixed. You are the idiotic one who did not know that Spain and Portugal at one point had the largest Jewish population in Europe. No one said they were “pure” either! Get your fact straight, “smart one”!

Cristiano viejo
01-03-2020, 12:40 AM
No, Jewish people here represented by Ashkenazi and Shepardim groups which are European + Middle-Eastern mixed. You are the idiotic one who did not know that Spain and Portugal at one point had the largest Jewish population in Europe. No one said they were “pure” either! Get your fact straight, “smart one”!

No way, Poland and Russia always had the largest Hebrew community. When Spain expelled the Jews they were around 300.000.
Portugal obviously less.

Cumansky
01-03-2020, 12:43 AM
No way, Poland and Russia always had the largest Hebrew community. When Spain expelled the Jews they were around 300.000.
Portugal obviously less.

Ya right shlomo, there is more in Iberian Peninsula, I didn't even mention Latin America

Cristiano viejo
01-03-2020, 12:46 AM
Ya right shlomo, there is more in Iberian Peninsula, I didn't even mention Latin America

Not sure what you are saying.

Cumansky
01-03-2020, 12:47 AM
Not sure what you are saying.

More Jews in Iberian Peninsula than Poland and Russia, you understand or no

Cristiano viejo
01-03-2020, 12:55 AM
More Jews in Iberian Peninsula than Poland and Russia, you understand or no

According to some sources, about three-quarters of the world's Jews lived in Poland by the middle of the 16th century

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Jews_in_Poland

Cumansky
01-03-2020, 12:57 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Jews_in_Poland

Poland has Jews, just less than Iberian Peninsula

alnortedelsur
01-03-2020, 01:01 AM
Poland has Jews, just less than Iberian Peninsula

Nearly all Jews were expelled from Iberia long ago, while Poland had lots of Jews in World War II, So, cut already with your shit.

Cumansky
01-03-2020, 01:02 AM
Nearly all Jews were expelled from Iberia long ago, while Poland had lots of Jews in World War II, So, cut already with your shit.

Why you lying bro

Cumansky
01-03-2020, 01:08 AM

Exactly most of the "Jews" got kicked and (not massacred this is propaganda, go visit a concentration camp and see what race was executed the most, then we can talk again) and the Hebrews got assimilated quick in Poland. The "Jews" went and made their nation out of the dust. You didn't hear of it, is called now Israel and there lives the "Jews" now

alnortedelsur
01-03-2020, 01:10 AM
Why you lying bro

Zero or almost zero Jew in most Spaniards. They were expelled, and most Spaniards are very proud of it, until lefties came up with a shitty law offering citizenship to the descendants of Jews that were expelled from Spain.

Tooting Carmen
01-03-2020, 01:25 PM
Wow. Users competing over which country was nastier towards Jews. Only on TA...

Celine
01-03-2020, 01:27 PM
What the fuck is going on with this "who is lighter..." topics?

Who the hell cares?

Cristiano viejo
01-03-2020, 04:06 PM
Wow. Users competing over which country was nastier towards Jews. Only on TA...

And only in TA there are users that talk and talk and talk about which country has the swarthiest politicians.