PDA

View Full Version : My professors are giving me too much work !

Richmondbread
09-21-2019, 11:36 PM
I don't mind the essay writings, those are a breeze. But so many countless "mindtaps" and other assignments which are just repeats of the same thing. Also my college has this "Canvas" thing where it is very cumbersome because many sections repeat the same information. So you have to keep track of what you've done/haven't done. Oh why can't we just go back to the good old days where you sat in class and listened to a boring lecture? I have one class like that, but even that one makes you do all the assignments online. I have done online all my adult life, but they make it more complicated than it is.

nittionia
09-21-2019, 11:38 PM
Yaa most of my assignments and homework are online. My teachers make me do so many quizzes, tasks, watching movies, etc. outside of class and make it due on any day of the week at a weird time. It makes me kind of paranoid to make plans in case they assign something. Thankfully I get notifications on my phone from the homework app when they assign something :(

nittionia
09-21-2019, 11:39 PM
Oh yeah also I have to video chat with my class at 7pm sometime this week for no good reason

PaleoEuropean
09-21-2019, 11:40 PM
Yaa most of my assignments and homework are online. My teachers make me do so many quizzes, tasks, watching movies, etc. outside of class and make it due on any day of the week at a weird time. It makes me kind of paranoid to make plans in case they assign something. Thankfully I get notifications on my phone from the homework app when they assign something :(

I a master at last minute work xD. I can read a chapter in like 5 mins.

Westbrook
09-21-2019, 11:40 PM
You do essays in mascot school?

Celestia
09-21-2019, 11:41 PM
Online classes are a bunch of busy work.

nittionia
09-21-2019, 11:42 PM
I a master at last minute work xD. I can read a chapter in like 5 mins.

Lol same I wrote 10 pages last semester only a few hours before class about the Venetian spice trade and it drove my final grade to over 100% :D

Richmondbread
09-21-2019, 11:45 PM
Online classes are a bunch of busy work.

Yes, but one of my classes is not online, yet you still do the course partly online. Makes no sense. Are we eventually going into virtual reality schooling? The old days was much easier. You sat in class, took notes, and then reviewed your notes and the text book. No "mind tap", no unnecessary "modules". Just a Syllabus and a #2 pencil.

PaleoEuropean
09-21-2019, 11:46 PM
Lol same I wrote 10 pages last semester only a few hours before class about the Venetian spice trade and it drove my final grade to over 100% :D

I have done finals the weekend before they were due and gotten A's, only super ubermensch's like us can pull that off B). Sometimes I even surprise myself xD. I like the pressure though; I need immense stress to drive me or else I just wan't to sleep during class. I swear I think I have school induced narcolepsy.

nittionia
09-21-2019, 11:47 PM
Yeah all of my classes are in person but they still rely so much on the school's assignments app

nittionia
09-21-2019, 11:48 PM
I have done finals the weekend before they were due and gotten A's, only super ubermensch's like us can pull that off B). Sometimes I even surprise myself xD. I like the pressure though; I need immense stress to drive me or else I just wan't to sleep during class. I swear I think I have school induced narcolepsy.

Yeah I almost fell out of my chair during a movie about uganda last week (no offense to uganda but zzzzzzz)

PaleoEuropean
09-21-2019, 11:51 PM
Yeah I almost fell out of my chair during a movie about uganda last week (no offense to uganda but zzzzzzz)

Yea anytime the lights dim or go out in class I am out. I had to quit autoshop because I couldn't stay awake during the powerpoints and when I went into the shop I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing. I would literally slap myself and it wouldn't keep me awake.

Aldaris
09-21-2019, 11:53 PM
You should be a PhD at your age already, if the academic area is what suits you in the first place. Apparently, it does not.

Richmondbread
09-21-2019, 11:54 PM
You should be a PhD at your age already, if the academic area is what suits you in the first place. Apparently, it does not.

I'm already ahead in most of the course work already. It's just that they make it more complicated than it needs to be. They don't need to repeat themselves with "modules" and you have to do several log ins to the college, then the course, then the course study, then the mind taps. Just so much waste of time.

Westbrook
09-22-2019, 12:06 AM
What exactly are you majoring or studying
I'm already ahead in most of the course work already. It's just that they make it more complicated than it needs to be. They don't need to repeat themselves with "modules" and you have to do several log ins to the college, then the course, then the course study, then the mind taps. Just so much waste of time.

Decius
09-22-2019, 12:10 AM
I relate so much. Fuck school.

Richmondbread
09-22-2019, 04:31 AM
What exactly are you majoring or studying

Just General studies. I'm halfway to my Associate's Degree and these are all 200 classes. I want to matriculate to a 4 year college eventually. Right now I'm majoring in depression and anxiety!