PDA

View Full Version : Who would fit better in Spain/Portugal.. Conan O'Brien or Andre Agassi?

Sikeliot
07-17-2011, 05:19 AM
http://wizbangpop.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/conan-o_brien.jpg

or

http://www.topnews.in/files/Andre-Agassi0125.jpg

Logan
07-17-2011, 05:25 AM
Andre Agassi

Lábaru
07-17-2011, 05:28 AM
Two aliens.

BeerBaron
07-17-2011, 05:29 AM
lol conan obrien I hear spain has a lot of tall red heads with grey eyes

Rouxinol
07-17-2011, 09:37 AM
Conan O'Brien?? :lol:

I agree that none.

Blossom
07-17-2011, 09:40 AM
Conan? Cmon? :D Maybe as a guiri tourist, he'd fit in Spain in summer ;) wearing flip flops.

María G
07-17-2011, 09:43 AM
Conan? Cmon? :D Maybe as a guiri tourist, he'd fit in Spain in summer ;) wearing flip flops.

And really pink like we see in Alicante every summer!

SaxonCeorl
07-17-2011, 09:52 AM
Ahhh, I know what this is...we have an ethnic European who doesn't happen to look like a typical Iberian, and an ethnic Iranian/Syrian who does happen to look like a typical Iberian. So then, when everybody inevitably says that Agassi looks more like an Iberian, it's going to be "hey, what are you saying, Spaniards look like Arabs!!!? :mad:"

I see what you did there. ;)

Rouxinol
07-17-2011, 10:08 AM
Yet, for instance, Agassi's nose is typical to where part of his ancestry is from (Armenia). Judging only by skin complexion is wrong. As I've said, none of them.

Transhumanist
07-17-2011, 10:25 AM
Ahhh, I know what this is...we have an ethnic European who doesn't happen to look like a typical Iberian, and an ethnic Iranian/Syrian who does happen to look like a typical Iberian. So then, when everybody inevitably says that Agassi looks more like an Iberian, it's going to be "hey, what are you saying, Spaniards look like Arabs!!!? :mad:"

Agassi is predominantly Armenian, with some Assyrian ancestry, on his paternal side. His father still speaks Assyrian-Aramaic and attends Assyrian conventions here in the US. My grandfather knew his father "Mike," when both still lived in Iran. Agassi, by the way, is an Assyrian name. Agassian, an Armenian name. Assyrians and Armenians lived in Syria and Iran for centuries as Christian minorities. And although their nationalities might be Syrian or Iranian, they are neither ethnically. Nor, for that matter, genetically.

Alvarado
07-17-2011, 02:06 PM
http://gallery.dirtyhandschoppers.com/gallery/albums/Posters/implied_facepalm.jpg

Ibericus
07-17-2011, 02:18 PM
None looks remotely spaniard. Period.

SaxonCeorl
07-17-2011, 05:03 PM
Agassi is predominantly Armenian, with some Assyrian ancestry, on his paternal side. His father still speaks Assyrian-Aramaic and attends Assyrian conventions here in the US. My grandfather knew his father "Mike," when both still lived in Iran. Agassi, by the way, is an Assyrian name. Agassian, an Armenian name. Assyrians and Armenians lived in Syria and Iran for centuries as Christian minorities. And although their nationalities might be Syrian or Iranian, they are neither ethnically. Nor, for that matter, genetically.

Yeah, his Wiki page had Iranian, Syrian, Assyrian, and Armenian. So I just picked some of them. I should've just said "Middle Eastern." ;)

But yeah, he looks like a Spaniard. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Contra Mundum
07-17-2011, 05:16 PM
According to my Anglo friends, the Irish aren't white, so since the Spanish, Portugese and Armenians are Caucasian, I have to go with Agassi.

Bridie
07-17-2011, 05:21 PM
According to my Anglo friends, the Irish aren't white,I think you mean your American friends. ;)

Lábaru
07-17-2011, 05:50 PM
I think you mean your American friends. ;)

or ignorant friends.

Mercury
07-17-2011, 05:57 PM
I think you mean your American friends. ;)

I don't think there's too many Americans that would refer to Irish as 'non-white.' I just think they're religious fanatics with a horrible accent. :P

And I always assumed Andre Agassi to be of Italian or southern Iberian origin. I had no idea he was actually an Armenian, very interesting.

Assyrians and Armenians lived in Syria and Iran for centuries as Christian minorities. And although their nationalities might be Syrian or Iranian, they are neither ethnically. Nor, for that matter, genetically.

How are Assyrians not true Syrians? What is their origin?

Transhumanist
07-17-2011, 06:27 PM
I don't think there's too many Americans that would refer to Irish as 'non-white.' I just think they're religious fanatics with a horrible accent. :P
And I always assumed Andre Agassi to be of Italian or southern Iberian origin. I had no idea he was actually an Armenian, very interesting.

Principally what is today N Iraq, though we have lived all over the ME, and more recently, other continents.

Do you follow the genetics sections at all?

Pallantides
07-17-2011, 06:29 PM
Conan O'Brien looks Finnish:
http://dummiesoftheyear.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/conan-obrien-sorta-looks-like-finnish-president-tarja-halonen3.jpg
http://www.finlandforthought.net/wp-content/conan_obrien_tarja_finland_.jpg
http://www.backpacking.se/grfx/MemberPictures/sweden_sucks3.jpg
:D

But seriously he just seem like funny looking Northern-European type.

Transhumanist
07-17-2011, 07:04 PM

And, just a quick cluster analysis tree based on Dodecad v3 data for all populations with at least 20% of the "West Asian" component. Please note where the Assyrians(Akkadian:Assūrāyu/Assyrian-Aramaic:Sūrāya) cluster:

Populations included:

Adygei
Armenian_D
Assyrian
Balochi
Bedouin
Brahui
Burusho
C_Italian_D
Cypriots
Druze
Georgians
Greek_D
Iranian_D
Iraq_Jews
Iraqi Mandaean
Jordanians
Kalash
Kurd_D
Lebanese
Lezgins
Makrani
Pakistani
Palestinian
Pathan
S_Italian_D
Samaritans
Sicilian_D
Stalskoe
Syrians
Turkish_D
Urkarah
Uygur
Uzbeks

And a principal component analysis, with only ME populations.

Lemon Kush
11-07-2013, 03:57 AM
None really, but going by pigmentation then Agassi