PDA

View Full Version : 3 Reasons Why Jews Don't Believe In Jesus

Loki
10-07-2019, 11:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynnjGKwVTjg

Pine
10-08-2019, 12:21 AM
Jews don't believe in Jesus because the messiah cannot die before completing his mission and G-d cannot have children.

Loki
10-08-2019, 12:45 AM
Jews don't believe in Jesus because the messiah cannot die before completing his mission and G-d cannot have children.

Wrong. Watch the video.

Pine
10-08-2019, 12:50 AM
Wrong. Watch the video.

It's almost an hour long. Tell us the reasons then.

Loki
10-08-2019, 03:09 PM
It's almost an hour long. Tell us the reasons then.

Just watch the first 10 - 15 minutes, he mentions them early on.

Pine
10-09-2019, 04:58 AM
Just watch the first 10 - 15 minutes, he mentions them early on.

Even if I was to accept the half truths and distortions said by him, he at best explains the historical reason of why Jews do not believe in Jesus, while I told you the ideological reason(s) why Jews cannot believe in Jesus.

Bakha
10-09-2019, 12:05 PM
No jew can accept high moral standards set by Jesus. Thats the real reason.
me neither

Pine
10-09-2019, 12:09 PM

Jesus lowered all the standards.

Loki
10-09-2019, 03:07 PM
me neither

There is a price to be paid for eternal life... it will just cost everything of you. Accept Jesus into your life, accept his sacrifice as forgiveness for your sins, and leave behind the things of the world, and follow him. But it will be worth it... totally.

Loki
10-09-2019, 03:11 PM
Even if I was to accept the half truths and distortions said by him, he at best explains the historical reason of why Jews do not believe in Jesus, while I told you the ideological reason(s) why Jews cannot believe in Jesus.

When are you going to yield your will to God's? Your rabbi's have been lying to your people for 2,000 years... kept the kingdom of heaven away from you. Don't pass up your opportunity to break the curse and enter the kingdom of heaven! Yeshua made it possible for you. He loved you so much that he gave his life for you.

1R0N M4N XL
10-09-2019, 03:18 PM
jews dont believe in jesus is the messiah because...

1) Jesus did not raise the 3rd temple
2) did not gather the jews around the world back to israel
3) Jesus did not bring peace to the world & knowledge of God throughout the planet.

for us christians , we call these things the 2nd coming of christ

Loki
10-09-2019, 03:21 PM

3) Jesus did not bring peace to the world & knowledge of God throughout the planet.

Those are just excuses. Mostly, it is because they keep clinging to what their rabbis tell them about Jesus, and they have incorporated lies about him into the Talmud, effectively blocking out Jesus knowledge and trust in Jesus for 2,000 years. Jesus was scathingly critical of the hypocritical rabbis, and they didn't like it very much. They had too much spiritual pride and couldn't recognise when God came to them through the life of Jesus Christ.

Pine
10-09-2019, 04:02 PM
Those are just excuses. Mostly, it is because they keep clinging to what their rabbis tell them about Jesus, and they have incorporated lies about him into the Talmud, effectively blocking out Jesus knowledge and trust in Jesus for 2,000 years. Jesus was scathingly critical of the hypocritical rabbis, and they didn't like it very much. They had too much spiritual pride and couldn't recognise when God came to them through the life of Jesus Christ.

You're calling basic Jewish law an excuse.

SUPREEEEEME
10-09-2019, 04:27 PM

He also wasn't a direct male descendant of King David (since, if I'm not mistaken, Christians believe he was the son of G-d).

Loki
10-09-2019, 04:58 PM
He also wasn't a direct male descendant of King David (since, if I'm not mistaken, Christians believe he was the son of G-d).

Of course, because he was God who came in the form of a human. No human rules and regulations apply to God. He came to rescue humanity from hell... but even so many still choose to reject him and therefore reject the great gift of his love. People don't realise how real and how serious hell is. Wake up!!

Loki
10-09-2019, 04:59 PM
You're calling basic Jewish law an excuse.

Yes, misinterpretation of the messages of God that he sent to your people.

CostaRicaBall
10-09-2019, 05:25 PM
Do jews believe in an eternal life after death?

Insuperable
10-09-2019, 05:35 PM

Jesus lowered all the standards.

You are obviously talking about things you are not informed about. If you read the New Testament you would have realized that Jesus raised all the standards to the maximum level, almost unattainable to humans. If the Messiah,, the one which you are falsely expecting (For us Antichrist, wolf in sheep' cloth, a deceiver) comes and brings peace to the world, what then? Is life going to continue, prosper and people are just out of blue going to stop being lustful, selfish, hypocrites, evil etc, without a single sin and we are all going to have a gangbang like in Pisslamic paradise? For Jews being a good boy, not stealing, not insulting people, having a decent life etc means not being sinful and for Jesus a single thought can makes you fall short of God's grace. So I don't know how you interpreted that as lowering the standards.

I doubt some random human like that from your perspective is going to bring eternal peace and bring eternal life. Jesus came as a sower to plant seeds in the heart of men and Second Coming is a time for harvest. So we are both waiting for the Messiah to fulfill what has left to be fulfilled. In essence there is not much difference when it comes to that.

18 “Listen then to what the parable of the sower means: 19 When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in their heart. This is the seed sown along the path. 20 The seed falling on rocky ground refers to someone who hears the word and at once receives it with joy. 21 But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away. 22 The seed falling among the thorns refers to someone who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, making it unfruitful. 23 But the seed falling on good soil refers to someone who hears the word and understands it. This is the one who produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.”

The Parable of the Weeds
24 Jesus told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. 25 But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. 26 When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared.

27 “The owner’s servants came to him and said, ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?’

28 “‘An enemy did this,’ he replied.

“The servants asked him, ‘Do you want us to go and pull them up?’

29 “‘No,’ he answered, ‘because while you are pulling the weeds, you may uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.’”

As for your first post:

Isaiah 53
Who has believed our message
and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?
2 He grew up before him like a tender shoot,
and like a root out of dry ground.
He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him,
nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.
3 He was despised and rejected by mankind,
a man of suffering, and familiar with pain.
Like one from whom people hide their faces
he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.

4 Surely he took up our pain
and bore our suffering,
yet we considered him punished by God,
stricken by him, and afflicted.
5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
and by his wounds we are healed.
6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned to our own way;
and the Lord has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.

7 He was oppressed and afflicted,
yet he did not open his mouth;
he was led like a lamb to the slaughter,
and as a sheep before its shearers is silent,
so he did not open his mouth.
8 By oppression[a] and judgment he was taken away.
Yet who of his generation protested?
For he was cut off from the land of the living;
for the transgression of my people he was punished.[b]
9 He was assigned a grave with the wicked,
and with the rich in his death,
though he had done no violence,
nor was any deceit in his mouth.

10 Yet it was the Lord’s will to crush him and cause him to suffer,
and though the Lord makes[c] his life an offering for sin,
he will see his offspring and prolong his days,
and the will of the Lord will prosper in his hand.
11 After he has suffered,
he will see the light of life[d] and be satisfied[e];
by his knowledge[f] my righteous servant will justify many,
and he will bear their iniquities.
12 Therefore I will give him a portion among the great,[g]
and he will divide the spoils with the strong,[h]
because he poured out his life unto death,
and was numbered with the transgressors.
For he bore the sin of many,
and made intercession for the transgressors.

Longbowman
10-09-2019, 08:52 PM
It's super hard to swallow the Trinity from a non-Christian perspective.

I enjoy talking to Unitarians, there are more around than you'd think.

Loki
10-10-2019, 07:36 PM
It's super hard to swallow the Trinity from a non-Christian perspective.

I enjoy talking to Unitarians, there are more around than you'd think.

It doesn't matter how many Unitarians there are. They are wrong. Jesus is the ONLY way to heaven and peaceful eternal life, and the ONLY one who can save you from hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sMEkGoojbg

Loki
10-10-2019, 07:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghhylQIjZRo

Östsvensk
01-25-2020, 08:04 AM
Louis Farrakhan said that it's because the New Testament is the book of forgiveness. Since Jews (according to him) don't believe in forgiveness, they cannot believe that the New Testament is a book from God.

Longbowman
01-25-2020, 12:34 PM
Louis Farrakhan said that it's because the New Testament is the book of forgiveness. Since Jews (according to him) don't believe in forgiveness, they cannot believe that the New Testament is a book from God.

Louis Farrakhan is a retarded cult leader, this is like quoting Jenny McCarthy on vaccinations. Jews have an entire fast day, the most important day of our year, dedicated to teshuvah (repentance), begging God for forgiveness for all our transgressions that year. Anyone can go to a synagogue and listen to 25 hours of pretty much every Jew in the world sobbing and pleading to be forgiven. In the ten-day run-up to it, Jews approach people they know and apologise for everything they've done to them. The other person is expected to forgive them. If you know a large number of Jews it's likely you've experienced this around September-October time.

Honestly I shouldn't even have to explain this and evidence it. All humans understand forgiveness. Farrakhan's Jew-hating retardation doesn't bear mentioning, although I guess certain members with too much time on their hands who like to wank to the idea of a Jewish boot on their neck might enjoy reading it.

But I forgive you for bringing it up ;)

Östsvensk
01-25-2020, 01:13 PM
Louis Farrakhan is a retarded cult leader, this is like quoting Jenny McCarthy on vaccinations. Jews have an entire fast day, the most important day of our year, dedicated to teshuvah (repentance), begging God for forgiveness for all our transgressions that year. Anyone can go to a synagogue and listen to 25 hours of pretty much every Jew in the world sobbing and pleading to be forgiven. In the ten-day run-up to it, Jews approach people they know and apologise for everything they've done to them. The other person is expected to forgive them. If you know a large number of Jews it's likely you've experienced this around September-October time.

Honestly I shouldn't even have to explain this and evidence it. All humans understand forgiveness. Farrakhan's Jew-hating retardation doesn't bear mentioning, although I guess certain members with too much time on their hands who like to wank to the idea of a Jewish boot on their neck might enjoy reading it.

But I forgive you for bringing it up ;)

I have too much time on my hands that I once read that Muslims in American jail were offended by not splitting the Muslim groups up for prayer, when they did it for the Christians, and thus having to pray with the Nation of Islam. ;)

Well, Farrakhan believes that they killed Jesus, or more specifically that Jews killed him. That conflicts with being a Muslim, since the Koran states and the Muslims believe that Jesus didn't die, but that God raised him to heaven in a similar manner as he did with St. Michael the Archangel in the New Testament.

Pine
01-25-2020, 01:30 PM
I have too much time on my hands that I once read that Muslims in American jail were offended by not splitting the Muslim groups up for prayer, when they did it for the Christians, and thus having to pray with the Nation of Islam. ;)

Well, Farrakhan believes that they killed Jesus, or more specifically that Jews killed him. That conflicts with being a Muslim, since the Koran states and the Muslims believe that Jesus didn't die, but that God raised him to heaven in a similar manner as he did with St. Michael the Archangel in the New Testament.

You're teasing apart ideological tidbits, while the NOI believes that an evil scientist called Yakub created white people.

TheMaestro
01-25-2020, 01:31 PM
They dont believe into heaven that’s what worries me most about them. Other than that IMO Jews in hundreds of years will dominate the world in numbers.

Pine
01-25-2020, 01:32 PM
They dont believe into heaven that’s what worries me most about them. Other than that IMO Jews in hundreds of years will dominate the world in numbers.

It's for the better. If we're in heaven, then we'll take it over as well.

TheMaestro
01-25-2020, 01:36 PM
It's for the better. If we're in heaven, then we'll take it over as well.

Heaven is heaven, nothing bad happens there. Not believing in heaven, imo can make a person not worried about consequences of his bad actions.

Pine
01-25-2020, 01:43 PM
Heaven is heaven, nothing bad happens there. Not believing in heaven, imo can make a person not worried about consequences of his bad actions.

You have an extremely poor understanding of Judaism. A few seconds of google can help you solve it.

TheMaestro
01-25-2020, 01:51 PM
You have an extremely poor understanding of Judaism. A few seconds of google can help you solve it.

You saying you would take over heaven as it would be bad, is speaking itself for your character, pal.

Östsvensk
01-25-2020, 01:54 PM
You're teasing apart ideological tidbits, while the NOI believes that an evil scientist called Yakub created white people.

On the Greek island Patmos.

Judaism is more of a worldly religion. The concept of heaven and emphasis on afterlife was introduced in the New Testament, but there is an afterlife in Judaism as well, I believe.

Procreation is very important in Judaism. It's the first of the 613 commandments.

TheMaestro
01-25-2020, 01:57 PM

Judaism is more of a worldly religion. The concept of heaven and emphasis on afterlife was introduced in the New Testament, but there is an afterlife in Judaism as well, I believe.

Procreation is very important in Judaism. It's the first of the 613 commandments.

Noice noice, still didnt get to read whole Torah.

Pine
01-25-2020, 02:12 PM

G-d is much less forgiving in Judaism. There is more fear of punishment. And that punishment can come at any moment. There is also no promise of forgiveness, no matter how much you've changed or how genuinely sorry you are. You're correct - there is arguably no mention of the afterlife in the Torah (most of the First Testament). That aside, there is "the world to come", where the Messiah arrives and resurrects the dead. Not all make it to the world to come. There is also "Gehenom". That's where one's soul is cleansed and the procedure can be "spiritually" painful depending on how much needs to be cleansed. My Rabbi explained to me that the pain is one of guilt. Religious Jews told me that some souls can remain in Gehenom. I haven't verified this, as the afterlife is a sparse topic in Judaism. If I fuck up, lightning can strike me tomorrow. The claim that Jews have little to fear from G-d is a laughable understatement. There more of this in Judaism than in Christianity.

Longbowman
01-25-2020, 02:42 PM

Completely understandable tbqh. NOI are barely a step higher than scientologists.

Considering that even according to the NT, he was fine and happy three (or 40, depending on which part of the Bible you believe is true) days later, did anyone really kill Jesus? Can you kill God? At worst, someone cost him a weekend.

Longbowman
01-25-2020, 02:46 PM
G-d is much less forgiving in Judaism. There is more fear of punishment. And that punishment can come at any moment. There is also no promise of forgiveness, no matter how much you've changed or how genuinely sorry you are. You're correct - there is arguably no mention of the afterlife in the Torah (most of the First Testament). That aside, there is "the world to come", where the Messiah arrives and resurrects the dead. Not all make it to the world to come. There is also "Gehenom". That's where one's soul is cleansed and the procedure can be "spiritually" painful depending on how much needs to be cleansed. My Rabbi explained to me that the pain is one of guilt. Religious Jews told me that some souls can remain in Gehenom. I haven't verified this, as the afterlife is a sparse topic in Judaism. If I fuck up, lightning can strike me tomorrow. The claim that Jews have little to fear from G-d is a laughable understatement. There more of this in Judaism than in Christianity.

Comparing any religion to Catholicism where your punishment won't happen until after you're dead and is almost entirely dependent on whether or not you loved a Jew from the 1st century or not is a bit bizarre. Of course, most Jews do believe in Olam Haba'ah, the world to come, and your portion of it will be greater or lesser depending on your works in this life - primarily bein adam v'khavera (being nice to other dudeskis) but also bein adam v'makom (religiousness).

Sincere repentance earns you forgiveness though. I also don't think anyone serious thinks you can stay in Gehinnom for longer than 11 months.

Pine
01-25-2020, 02:53 PM
Comparing any religion to Catholicism where your punishment won't happen until after you're dead and is almost entirely dependent on whether or not you loved a Jew from the 1st century or not is a bit bizarre. Of course, most Jews do believe in Olam Haba'ah, the world to come, and your portion of it will be greater or lesser depending on your works in this life - primarily bein adam v'khavera (being nice to other dudeskis) but also bein adam v'makom (religiousness).

Sincere repentance earns you forgiveness though. I also don't think anyone serious thinks you can stay in Gehinnom for longer than 11 months.

I was taught the opposite.

Östsvensk
01-25-2020, 03:07 PM

As a Catholic, you have to perform the sacrament of penance when you have sinned. That comes in three stages, being truly sorry for what you've done, confessing to a priest and then do some work that benefits the community and is picked out by the priest.

Longbowman
01-25-2020, 03:07 PM
I was taught the opposite.

I'm not willing to swear by what I said, but, my Jewish education is significantly more extensive than yours. I'm prepared to be proven wrong though.

Loki
01-26-2020, 01:36 PM
Considering that even according to the NT, he was fine and happy three (or 40, depending on which part of the Bible you believe is true) days later, did anyone really kill Jesus? Can you kill God? At worst, someone cost him a weekend.

Please keep your blasphemy to yourself. Yes, Jesus died for your, and my, and the whole world's sins. Died, as in his body physically died... but was resurrected from the dead after 3 days. And then he appeared to many people -- now in his new, glorified resurrection body. Christians will also receive new, glorified resurrected bodies in the day of resurrection. I'm looking forward to mine.

Loki
01-26-2020, 01:42 PM

Yes, the God revealed through Jesus Christ is very different. Even so, those who reject him will ultimately pay "the ultimate price", and be tormented for all eternity. It is almost unthinkable, I know. Quite sobering. Some say hell is a device to scare people into serving God. No, it isn't... one's worship and service of God must be volutarily, not out of fear of going to hell. You cannot fool God... his Spirit searches everything, even the depths of man's heart, our deepest motives.

Longbowman
01-26-2020, 02:17 PM
Christians will also receive new, glorified resurrected bodies in the day of resurrection. I'm looking forward to mine.

Does this mean Christians believe they'll get better-looking/superior in the Resurrection? I've never read this before.

Loki
01-26-2020, 09:25 PM
Does this mean Christians believe they'll get better-looking/superior in the Resurrection? I've never read this before.

We will be better looking, certainly, with our glorified bodies, which will also be interdimensional. I believe we will be without physical flaws that plagued us on this earth, yet still be identifiable as the same persons. Many people who have had near-death heaven experiences, claim that everyone get young adult bodies in heaven, regardless of earthly age when died. But I think children still have to grow up. But there is no old ageing.

PaleoEuropean
01-26-2020, 09:30 PM
We will be better looking, certainly, with our glorified bodies, which will also be interdimensional. I believe we will be without physical flaws that plagued us on this earth, yet still be identifiable as the same persons. Many people who have had near-death heaven experiences, claim that everyone get young adult bodies in heaven, regardless of earthly age when died. But I think children still have to grow up. But there is no old ageing.

Although I agree, I don't think near death experiences are reliable for the single fact that we will all essentially be asleep before judgement day, nobody goes directly heaven in my opinion except babies and children who are without sin.

Loki
01-26-2020, 09:38 PM
Although I agree, I don't think near death experiences are reliable for the single fact that we will all essentially be asleep before judgement day, nobody goes directly heaven in my opinion except babies and children who are without sin.

No, I don't think we will be asleep. We go straight to heaven (or hell) after death, that is what I believe (even though it is not the final judgement yet). I do think we can learn much from genuine experiences, they were given to us as witnesses by God. But you're welcome to your opinion.

As for sin stopping us from going to heaven... that is why he have the blood of Jesus to cleanse us, and if we are born again and Spirit filled then we are ready for heaven.