PDA

View Full Version : Steinbach: "Serbia will be asked to recognize Kosovo"

poiuytrewq0987
07-18-2011, 02:27 PM
BELGRADE -- German Ambassador in Priština Hans-Dieter Steinbach has said his country "supports Kosovo's and Serbia's accession into the EU as two separate countries".

He added that Serbia will be asked to recognize Kosovo during its EU integration.

"Sometime during the EU integration process the issue of Kosovo's recognition will come up, he stated, adding that the EU would never take in two countries that do not recognize each other," the diplomat told Priština-based Albanian language daily Koha Ditore.

The northern Kosovo issue should be put on the table in the talks between Belgrade and Priština after a certain time, Steinbach said of the area predominantly inhabited by Serbs, who do not accept the authority of the Priština government, or the Kosovo Albanian unilateral declaration of independence made in February 2008.

The discussion about the north "should not be related to some kind of division or anything similar, but should be aimed at ensuring proper conditions for Serbs in that part of Kosovo and having them accept the rules of the state of Kosovo," said the German envoy.

The German official said he did not think there was "a risk of failure in trying to turn Kosovo into a country".

"Kosovo has been recognized by 76 countries, and although the process is somewhat slow, there will be new recognitions," he remarked.

"Germany will oppose any threat to Kosovo's sovereignty, its division or change of borders," Steinbach explained.

http://www.b92.net/eng/news/politics-article.php?yyyy=2011&mm=07&dd=18&nav_id=75501http://www.spiegel.de/img/0,1020,575448,00.jpg

poiuytrewq0987
07-19-2011, 08:27 AM
Stefanovic: "EU aware that Serbia won't recognize Kosovo"

BELGRADE -- Borislav Stefanović says "a great majority of EU governments" are aware that Serbia cannot and will not recognize the so-called independence of Kosovo.

He was commenting on a statement made by German Ambassador in Priština Hans-Dieter Steinbach that his country supports EU accession of Kosovo and Serbia "as two separate states" and that the question of Kosovo's recognition would be put to Belgrade in the moment of Serbia's EU accession.

The head of the Belgrade team in the Kosovo dialogue said that such a statement was "just another in a series of individual and personal opinions".

"Just like a great majority of governments in the EU, the German government is highly aware that Serbia cannot and will not recognize Kosovo's independence," Stefanović said in an interview for the Belgrade-based Television Avala.

He added that Serbia wished to "regulate its relations with Kosovo Albanians", describing it as "desirable prior to Serbia's EU membership", but this does not in any way imply that Serbia would be forced or conditioned by the recognition of the so-called independence of Kosovo.

http://www.b92.net/eng/news/politics-article.php?yyyy=2011&mm=07&dd=19&nav_id=75514

Adrian
07-19-2011, 02:32 PM
Milosevic is dead, but there are a lot of little Milosevics in Serbia. One of them is Stefanovic.

P.s. Mr. Hans-Dieter Steinbach thank you very much :)

Arne
07-19-2011, 02:34 PM
Quelle
http://www.zeit.de/online/2007/24/kosovo

Kosovo-Frage bleibt ungeklärt

Die G8-Staaten haben in Heiligendamm keine Einigung über eine Unabhängigkeit der südserbischen Provinz Kosovo erzielt

Die Staats- und Regierungschefs der G8-Staaten haben in Heiligendamm keine Einigung über eine Unabhängigkeit der südserbischen Provinz Kosovo erzielt. "Es gab keinen Fortschritt", sagte Frankreichs Präsident Nicolas Sarkozy am Ende des Gipfeltreffens am Freitag. Ein von ihm vorgelegter Kompromissvorschlag scheiterte am Widerstand Russlands, das Serbien in seinem strikten Nein zu einer Souveränität des Gebiets unterstützt.
Anzeige

Bundeskanzlerin Angela Merkel forderte eine Grundsatzentscheidung. Solange sich kein Kompromiss abzeichne, sei ein Aufschub der Entscheidung des UN-Sicherheitsrats nicht sinnvoll. "Der Vorschlag, dass man ein bisschen mehr Zeit gibt, ist ja vom Prinzip her nicht schlecht", sagte die derzeitige G8-Vorsitzende. "Man muss nur wissen, was man in dieser Zeit tut."

Die deutsche EU-Ratspräsidentschaft bezeichnete die Kosovo-Statusfrage als das drängendste politische Problem auf dem westlichen Balkan. Es müsse im Interesse der Stabilität der gesamten Region bald gelöst werden, erklärte sie.

Die westlichen Staaten unterstützen das Verlangen der Kosovo-Albaner, nicht mehr von Belgrad aus regiert zu werden. Die Provinz wird von der UN verwaltet, seit die Nato 1999 in den Konflikt zwischen Serben und Albanern eingegriffen hat.

Sarkozy bot seinem russischen Kollegen Wladimir Putin einen Aufschub der Entscheidung im UN-Sicherheitsrat um ein halbes Jahr und neuerliche Verhandlungen zwischen Serben und Kosovo-Albanern an. Im Gegenzug dazu sollte der serbische Verbündete eine Unabhängigkeit der Provinz als unvermeidbar akzeptieren. Russland pocht aber auf eine Lösung, mit der Serbien einverstanden ist. Sarkozys Worten zufolge droht Putin inzwischen auch mit einem Veto, sollte der UN-Sicherheitsrat wie geplant eine überwachte Souveränität beschließen.

Die albanische Bevölkerungsmehrheit des Kosovos verlangte von der internationalen Gemeinschaft eine schnelle Entscheidung. Andernfalls werde sie die Unabhängigkeit ohne die Zustimmung des Sicherheitsrats ausrufen, sagte Regierungschef Agim Ceku. "Wir können nicht länger warten. Jede weitere Verzögerung bedeutet, dass die Enttäuschung wächst", sagte er angesichts der G8-Diskussionen. In der Provinz herrscht nach einigen Gewaltausbrüchen gespannte Ruhe. Das Gebiet von der Größe Schleswig-Holsteins wird von Nato-Truppen abgesichert, an denen Deutschland mit rund 3000 Soldaten beteiligt ist.

Adrian
07-19-2011, 02:46 PM
Apotheosis, you give me 2 negative reputations in 24 hours!

Thanks, red color is my favourite ;)

The Lawspeaker
07-19-2011, 02:54 PM
One shouldn't be forced to recognise the sanctity of invaders. On the contrary they should be exterminated because otherwise they will do it with you.

Arne
07-19-2011, 03:06 PM
One shouldn't be forced to recognise the sanctity of invaders. On the contrary they should be exterminated because otherwise they will do it with you.

I don´t think Germany is a place for Albanians to stay.
Their place is in Albania where they belong.
But if Serbs start wars, albanians will immigrate to germany.

The Lawspeaker
07-19-2011, 03:08 PM
I don´t think Germany is a place for Albanians to stay.
Their place is in Albania where they belong.
Then we should actually support Serbia when it takes back Kosovo and drives the scum across the border. Then they know then they shouldn't go here either.

They can go to Tirana or Istanbul. Preferably second.

Arne
07-19-2011, 03:11 PM
Then we should actually support Serbia when it takes back Kosovo and drives the scum across the border. Then they know then they shouldn't go here either.

They can go to Tirana or Istanbul. Preferably second.

Well, I can not support a terrorizing Country which killed much too much germans during the Worldwars
Then i can start to sympathize with israel aswell.

The Lawspeaker
07-19-2011, 03:11 PM
Well, I can not support a terrorizing Country which killed much too much germans during the Worldwars
What's done is done. Serbians are Christian scum. Albanians are Muslim scum. Who do you support ?

Arne
07-19-2011, 03:13 PM
What's done is done. Serbians are Christian scum. Albanians are Muslim scum. Who do you support ?

Shall i support to burn supposed witches or shall i support pedophillic prophets ?

The Lawspeaker
07-19-2011, 03:15 PM
Shall i support to burn supposed witches or shall i support pedophillic prophets ?
I think we should go for the first then. At least they are Christian witch burning scum and they can become civilised one day. Islam is a ticket to barbarism.

Arne
07-19-2011, 03:18 PM
I think we should go for the first then. At least they are Christian witch burning scum and they can become civilised one day. Islam is a ticket to barbarism.

I´m not to convinced about christianity with their double morality standards fucking little boys :eek: and doing ethnic cleansing.
They only want your Money, Dude.
I believe rather in God than in Humanity in Christianity.

The Lawspeaker
07-19-2011, 03:21 PM
I´m not to convinced about christianity with their double morality standards fucking little boys :eek: and doing ethnic cleansing.
They only want your Money, Dude.
I believe rather in God than in Humanity in Christianity.
It's still better then Islam. :thumbs up

Arne
07-19-2011, 03:32 PM
It's still better then Islam. :thumbs up

I care more about ethnic cleansing among our own brothers and sisters then to mind muslims if far away from here..

The Lawspeaker
07-19-2011, 03:42 PM
I care more about ethnic cleansing among our own brothers and sisters then to mind muslims if far away from here..
You forget that the "Witch-burning" Serbs are the only real line of defence between you and me and the Turks. Although we already have a fifth column amongst us which is deadly enough.

poiuytrewq0987
07-20-2011, 01:07 AM
You forget that the "Witch-burning" Serbs are the only real line of defence between you and me and the Turks. Although we already have a fifth column amongst us which is deadly enough.

The Albanians would readily ally with the Turks if given the opportunity.

http://www.setimes.com/cocoon/setimes/images/special/photo_essay/20100827/RAMADANphoto4.jpg

SwordoftheVistula
07-20-2011, 04:54 PM
As the direct descendant of someone burned as a witch (http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/salem/sal_bnur.htm), I still say Christianity is the lesser of the evils compared to Islam.

Only cuz Germany is 'tarded and lets them in

Arne
07-20-2011, 05:10 PM
As the direct descendant of someone burned as a witch (http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/salem/sal_bnur.htm), I still say Christianity is the lesser of the evils compared to Islam.

Only cuz Germany is 'tarded and lets them in

yeah, because of our ties with the nato and alliances with america.

SwordoftheVistula
07-22-2011, 01:33 AM
yeah, because of our ties with the nato and alliances with america.

That bullshit again? Anyone ever got a link to, say, an element of the NATO Charter mandating open borders?