PDA

View Full Version : Posti

Blossom
07-19-2011, 09:41 AM
Question(s) about Finnish Post (Posti). (http://www.posti.fi/)

Heh...I'd like to know (since I didnt find any info on the site, and none of my dear friends are available to ask them about this) how works the Finnish post about the packets and all this stuff? I've recently sent a packet and I got this little number so I can check where and what's happening with the packet at the right moment, but...I was just wondering...do postman take the packet to your house (in Helsinki) or, do you have to go to the Post office and get it? Hehe...you see guys, DD is in Army..and stupid me sent him smth last week and it says its already arrived there...I was wondering, should someone go and pick it?

Kiitos!

Eldritch
07-19-2011, 10:00 AM
So you sent him something to where he is stationed? Or to his home?

If the former, then he'll collect it from the man with the funny bronze banana on his chest (while his army mates snicker). :p

If the latter, then (since he wasn't there when they tried to deliver it) they've left a little slip in his mailbox, which he can use to go collect the package from the nearest post office when he gets home.

Blossom
07-19-2011, 10:04 AM
So you sent him something to where he is stationed? Or to his home?

If the former, then he'll collect it from the man with the funny bronze banana on his chest (while his army mates snicker). :p

If the latter, then (since he wasn't there when they tried to deliver it) they've left a little slip in his mailbox, which he can use to go collect the package from the nearest post office when he gets home.

I wasnt that ridiculous to sent him something over there :lol: I even know that would be possible?! Uh! New idea! Thank you Eld!!! :lol: poor DD...

Nah just sent it to his home...his parents should be able to pick it (hopefully)...I was actually asking the time you can pick it from the Post office? Its like 3 or 4 days?

Eldritch
07-19-2011, 10:15 AM

I was actually asking the time you can pick it from the Post office? Its like 3 or 4 days?

From Posti.fi (http://www.posti.fi/):

Lähetystä säilytetään postissa saapumisviikon lisäksi 2 täyttä kalenteriviikkoa, jonka jälkeen lähetys palautetaan lähettäjälle tämän kustannuksella.

Loose translation: "packages are kept in a post office for two full calendar weeks, in addition to the week they arrive, after which they will be returned to the sender at the sender's expense".

So, unless I'm interpreting something wrong, DD has until August 6 to pick it up (unless his local post office is open on Sundays, like I think some of them are).

(And yes, you can send packages and letters straight to the army base. It was actually very common for conscripts to get letters from girlfriends when I was in the army -- this was before the internet, see)

Blossom
07-19-2011, 10:17 AM
So, unless I'm interpreting something wrong, DD has until August 6 to pick it up (unless his local office is open on Sundays, like I think some of them are).

(And yes, you can send packages and letters straight to the army base. It was actually very common for conscripts to get letters from girlfriends when I was in the army -- this was before the internet, see)

Ouh! That's great! Yeah he's actually having a free weekend this week, so I think its fine! :) Thank you Eld!!!

About the second part, haha...I'm so evil...I'm having a plan on my mind right now...hihi...dont worry I wont tell him it was your idea. But that's great to know. Uh yeah. :D Thank you for all the info! Really!