PDA

View Full Version : boadicea's results from Mcdonald :)

Boudica
07-20-2011, 03:50 AM
This is very interesting, it seems to plot a lot with the French, tell me what you all think about the results, I am very new to all of this and would love your insight :)

"Most likely fit is 50.4% (+- 15.2%) Europe (all Western Europe)
and 49.6% (+- 15.2%) Europe (various subcontinents)
which is 100% total Europe

The following are possible population sets and their fractions,
most likely at the top
Irish= 0.639 Tuscan= 0.361
French= 0.524 Hungary= 0.476
English= 0.603 Romania= 0.397
Spain= 0.250 Hungary= 0.750

This looks French or one of the combos listed above.
The average spot on the map is usually accurate."-Mcdonald

http://oi52.tinypic.com/2qn03mh.jpg
http://oi53.tinypic.com/ixw7dd.jpg

Peasant
07-20-2011, 04:03 AM
It's the Italian EDIT: Or Sicilian? pulling your marker into the French I think. Doug said 'looks French or one of the combos above', so

Irish= 0.639 Tuscan= 0.361

sounds the closest to your ancestry?

Beorn
07-20-2011, 04:22 AM
As with them all, they don't distinguish between the British Isles.
You are probably more French as my arse is mixed race.

Odoacer
07-20-2011, 04:36 AM
More French than I! :eek: ;)

Although as we discussed, this doesn't necessarily indicate French ancestry. Keep in mind, too, that the French - like the Germans - are a fairly diverse group. It's best in these cases not to make assumptions unless there is confirmed documentation. If you know of any French ancestors or French surnames, that would be a real starting point.

Boudica
07-20-2011, 04:45 AM
More French than I! :eek: ;)

Although as we discussed, this doesn't necessarily indicate French ancestry. Keep in mind, too, that the French - like the Germans - are a fairly diverse group. It's best in these cases not to make assumptions unless there is confirmed documentation. If you know of any French ancestors or French surnames, that would be a real starting point.

That is sort of the thing though, my Sicilian side MAY be something else because my great grandfather is a bit of a mystery, he doesn't look very Sicilian, he was 6"2 with blue eyes and rather light skin.. So who knows.. I know that I have several royal ancestors, and that I am related to most of the Merovingian dynasty. My mother said that some of our ancestors married French.

Odoacer
07-20-2011, 04:56 AM
That is sort of the thing though, my Sicilian side MAY be something else because my great grandfather is a bit of a mystery, he doesn't look very Sicilian, he was 6"2 with blue eyes and rather light skin.. So who knows.. I know that I have several royal ancestors, and that I am related to most of the Merovingian dynasty. My mother said that some of our ancestors married French.

Well, certainly it would be interesting if you are able to demonstrate Merovingian relations, & that would be part of the equation to some extent. But the Merovingians were from the 400s to the 700s AD - even assuming you are related to them, that's a LONG time ago, with a lot of ancestors from different places intervening. As for your great-grandfather, he may have had an uncommon phenotype for Sicilians, but his features are not unheard of - just unusual. His surname, if you know it, could provide more helpful information.

Boudica
07-20-2011, 05:09 AM
Well, certainly it would be interesting if you are able to demonstrate Merovingian relations, & that would be part of the equation to some extent. But the Merovingians were from the 400s to the 700s AD - even assuming you are related to them, that's a LONG time ago, with a lot of ancestors from different places intervening. As for your great-grandfather, he may have had an uncommon phenotype for Sicilians, but his features are not unheard of - just unusual. His surname, if you know it, could provide more helpful information.

I have about 10 sheets of my ancestry. I'll name some of my ancestors, Mary Queen Of Scots, Queen Elizabeth,William The Conqueror, Charlemagne, King Pepin, King Of Lombardy, (others of the Merovingian dynasty as well), King Henry, (and many others don't want to write you a book, lol).

My great grandpa's surname was Giancontieri, I have looked it up several times and I can't find anything about it, it seems to be a bit rare. He is a mystery because my great grandma gave him the 'boot' and my grandma didn't spend too much time with him. I also saw his relatives (mom, dad, brothers, and sisters 12 to be exact) and they also seem to be very tall and blue eyed with the same traits.

Sikeliot
07-20-2011, 05:20 AM
What part of Sicily is that side of your family from? Different parts of the island were settled by different people.

Boudica
07-20-2011, 05:36 AM
What part of Sicily is that side of your family from? Different parts of the island were settled by different people.

Idk :( I hope I can find out but idk how I could.. I don't know any of them from that side of the family..

Sikeliot
07-20-2011, 05:38 AM
Well what I know is, the further west you go on the island there is more Norman and Levantine, whereas the further east, more Greek.

Boudica
07-20-2011, 06:04 AM
Gayfist.

GeistFaust
07-20-2011, 03:08 PM
You have some small African and Middle Eastern input. :eek:

Boudica
07-20-2011, 07:03 PM

I'm 100 percent Euro, thanks Geist. Everyone practically has that tiny bit since that is where we first started out, plus as a very knowledgeable member of the topic said, just because it shows up as african doesn't necessarily mean it's from africa, it is just put that way sometimes because it is so old. Everyone has that in their DNA geist.

Sahson
07-20-2011, 07:19 PM

Old haplogroups tend to have old SNP, and traits. Sometimes they get mixed up in 23andme tests, Mr. Mcdonald's is more rigorous however. Regardless of the judging by the length on chromosome 13 it's to be only be about 4-5mb nigger, which is nothing.

Also the professor clearly stated that she's 100% european, perhaps he's conceding that this little slither could have easily been mixed up... Boadicea's BGA1 places her in the french, depicting her north european heritage.

I bet you yourself will find you have a bit a nigger, or ghost blood, since your italian, and it's a bigger chunk of your dna.

This guy looks similar to your father...

http://delhi4cats.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/12-king-abdullah-saudi3.jpg

Loki
07-21-2011, 12:04 AM
Congrats with your results Boad.

I have about 10 sheets of my ancestry. I'll name some of my ancestors, Mary Queen Of Scots, Queen Elizabeth,William The Conqueror, Charlemagne, King Pepin, King Of Lombardy, (others of the Merovingian dynasty as well), King Henry, (and many others don't want to write you a book, lol).

Wow, that is some illustrious ancestry you have there ... :eek: :thumb001: When you have a cut, does it bleed blue? :p

Loki
07-21-2011, 12:09 AM

Hmm Queen Elizabeth? Which one? It obviously can't be the current British monarch, but it also cannot be Elizabeth I - since she never married and was known as the Virgin Queen? :confused:

Sahson
07-21-2011, 12:24 AM
Hmm Queen Elizabeth? Which one? It obviously can't be the current British monarch, but it also cannot be Elizabeth I - since she never married and was known as the Virgin Queen? :confused:

perhaps a cousin, since queen of scots and elizabeth I are sisters.

Osweo
07-21-2011, 01:23 AM

LoL, and I have AMERIND! I don't pay too much heed to these studies yet. :p

Loki
07-21-2011, 01:37 AM

And? :rolleyes:

Show us your results please. Here is mine, by comparison I have quite a bit more of such segments.

poiuytrewq0987
07-21-2011, 01:42 AM

Show us your results please. Here is mine, by comparison I have quite a bit more of such segments.

And mine...

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp231/innocent456/d.png?t=1304638961

http://images8.cpcache.com/product/15055668v3_480x480_Front_Color-MintAvocado.jpg

Odoacer
07-21-2011, 02:23 AM
Really, I don't think Geist was being terribly serious. Sometimes it's hard to tell, though. :coffee:

Boudica
07-21-2011, 02:26 AM

I'm related to her because she is Mary Queen Of Scots sister :)

edit: Osweo corrected me, i'm an idiot i always get that mixed up, cousin i mean.

GeistFaust
07-21-2011, 07:14 AM

Wow Loki that is alot!

GeistFaust
07-21-2011, 07:15 AM
Really, I don't think Geist was being terribly serious. Sometimes it's hard to tell, though. :coffee:

Its hard to tell because I even taking my joking around seriously now. :cool: