PDA

View Full Version : Studying abroad - Helsinki

Blossom
07-20-2011, 08:02 AM
So, I was thinking about this one thing. As I've recently posted over here, I changed my degree, and I'm currently studying Public Administration and Management (wondering what's this in Finland, something related with Hallintotiede), part of the Law Faculty.

I'm considering getting a scholarship to Finland, and as far as I'm informed, Helsinki University owns Faculty of Laws...the thing is that I'm not sure if my degree exists in Finland. In any case, I think it wouldnt be a problem since there are many plans, tips and ways to get an Erasmus, or whatever other scholarship.

I was wondering if any of you guys, experienced Erasmus in Helsinki or whatever other kind of scholarship related to Finland.

And ofc, the main question for the finnish members here, what's my degree called there? Or...is there something related to? :confused:

Thank you!:)

Found this one article in Wikipedia about the studying...and the certain degree in Vaasa, Tampere.. but what about Helsinki?

Vaasan yliopistossa esiintyi runsaat kymmenen vuotta oppiaine julkishallinto. Se muutti nimekkeensä 'hallintotieteeksi' vuonna 1994. Kuten edellä mainittiin, 1.8.2010 alkaen oppiainenimeke on 'julkisjohtaminen'. Se sekä muut yliopiston hallintotieteelliset oppiaineet sijoittuvat nykyisin yliopiston filosofiseen tiedekuntaan, jonka muut ainesosat koostuvat yliopiston kielitieteellisistä oppiaineista.

Vaasan yliopistossa hallintotieteellisen oppiaineen julkisjohtaminen erityisosaaminen painottuu aikaisemman oppiaineen hallintotieteen lailla julkisen johtamisen tutkimukseen, hallintoa koskevaan vertailututkimukseen ja kansainvälisen hallinnon kysymyksiin. Julkisjohtaminen-oppiaineeseen on yliopistossa sijoitettu professorit HT Ari Salminen ja HT Esa Hyyryläinen. Opetukseltaan useilta osin julkisjohtamisen kanssa yhtenevän erillisen hallintotieteellisen oppiaineen sosiaali- ja terveyshallintotieteen professori on HT Pirkko Vartiainen.

Vaasan yliopistossa hallintotieteitä voi opiskella viidessä pääainevaihtoehdossa. Ne ovat aluetiede, julkisjohtaminen, julkisoikeus, sosiaali- ja terveyshallintotiede sekä sosiologia. Julkisjohtamisaessa tarjotaan myös englanninkielistä kansainvälisen hallinnon ja viestinnän kysymyksiin keskittynyttä Intercultural Studies in Communication and Administration (ICS)-maisteriohjelmaa.

Blossom
07-20-2011, 07:38 PM
Okok...I'm asking for too much. What about an easier one, how's the Hallintotiede studying seen in Finland? I mean...do you guys consider it as a good degree related to a good job? :)

Just curious, things might be quite different than here.

Motörhead Remember Me
07-20-2011, 07:47 PM
Darling, I wish I could answer but I can't.

Blossom
07-20-2011, 07:50 PM
Darling, I wish I could answer but I can't.

Well, its always nice to know your good intentions. :D Thank you anyways..at least hope I'll have a future with what I'm studying, doesnt seem that bad for other countries, but yeah, I've already been planning to move Finland for 3 years now, so...that's why I'm that interested.

Hope you guys wont kick my butt. :embarrassed