PDA

View Full Version : Fatter and fewer German nudists as numbers dwindle

Birka
07-20-2011, 09:29 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/07/20/us-germany-nudists-idUSTRE76J3KW20110720

"German society is changing and it's not easy to be a naturist anymore," said Kurt Fischer, president of the German FKK association (DFK). There are some 500,000 registered nudists and a total of seven million Germans sunbathe naked regularly."

Any German naturists on Apricity?

BiałaZemsta
07-20-2011, 09:42 PM
The number of Germans fell by more than 3.2 million over the last three decades even though the country's total population has managed to remain more or less steady at about 82 million thanks to immigration -- often from countries in Eastern Europe and the Balkans as well as Turkey and Arabic countries.

:rolleyes2:

_______
08-16-2011, 10:24 PM
i like the idea of german nudists! :D

Logan
08-16-2011, 10:42 PM
I don't recall any in Australia, but in some parts of Hawaii and the Continental U.S. there are topless or optional beaches.

Parts of Europe seems a bit more liberal or progressive.

poiuytrewq0987
08-18-2011, 12:23 AM
I don't recall any in Australia, but in some parts of Hawaii and the Continental U.S. there are topless or optional beaches.

Parts of Europe seems a bit more liberal or progressive.

Yes but bathing topless is very frowned on in the US whereas you can pretty much go topless on most European beaches.

Oreka Bailoak
08-18-2011, 01:14 AM
Yes but bathing topless is very frowned on in the US whereas you can pretty much go topless on most European beaches.

Never seen topless sunbathing before in my life in America- we don't trust our society that much- when you have free beaches we have too many strange perverted men that show up (Blacks and Central Americans for the most part along with creepy older fat white men). Girls don't feel comfortable around them- we don't have a community spirit.

German society seemed more gemeinschaft (community) in previous times and today it's probably more of a gesellschaft (society). That's just the impression I get. The culture/social-bonds is maybe changing- less trust, less kinship, more Muslim ideology replacement. No offense to Muslims but that's maybe contributing to the decline in nudity at the beach when they make up so much of society and hate nudity so much.

Zankapfel
08-18-2011, 01:20 AM
First off, it is my belief that everyone else's metrics on privacy differ greatly from Germans: your thoughts, feelings, personality, is considered at least as private as your body, but usually higher.

Foreigners focus on the aspect of being naked, we focus on the impact of what information about ourselves we give away.

As a group, Germans are more private than anyone I know.
For an actual example, when I see a thread titled "how do you like to get it on" my first thought is: People do not need to know that.
People on the web needn't know what I look like, either.
If anyone even knows what I mean.

Did you know that nudism is allowed by law at all beaches in Denmark, too? Toplessness is seen at all beaches and mixed nudism/clothing optional is seen at many beaches whereas there is quite a number of 100% nude beaches too.

With the influx of immigrants though, it is true that something as simple as topless sunbathing has become hyper-sexualized and it's hard to feel comfortable and unthreatened amongst our kin anymore.

I wouldn't expect anyone outside our culture to understand why we don't obsess over, and oversexualize nudity, anyway.

poiuytrewq0987
08-18-2011, 01:27 AM
Hail Eurotrip for giving Europeans a bad name. :thumb001: But it's still funny as hell to watch. :D

http://suite707.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/2004_eurotrip_wallpaper_001.jpg

Curtis24
08-18-2011, 01:34 AM
There are no topless beaches in America. Not sure why.

The Lawspeaker
08-18-2011, 01:35 AM
Hail Eurotrip for giving Europeans a bad name. :thumb001: But it's still funny as hell to watch. :D

http://suite707.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/2004_eurotrip_wallpaper_001.jpg
If I hadn't known that Michelle Trachtenberg was Jewish..... :D

http://myheartmonster.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/michelle-trachtenberg.jpg

Bridie
08-18-2011, 01:39 AM
Hail Eurotrip for giving Europeans a bad name. But it's still funny as hell to watch.

I think tourists, in general, have a bad name. :shrug:

The only way to be a good tourist is to respect the country you're visiting, as well as the locals, and to conform to local socio-cultural norms. Educate oneself on the socialolgical and cultural history, up to modern times, of the country/region one intends to tour and then be mindful of not having a disruptive or negative impact. But most people can't be bothered doing this. I think most people are raised not to value humility, respect and adaptability, these days. :( Too many people think that they have a God-given right to the entire planet.

Curtis24
08-18-2011, 01:44 AM
I was actually thinking of this kind of topic lately, but America has much different attitudes towards sexuality than Europe. America isn't free like Europe, there's still harsh male competition with each other, and less of a relaxed sexual environment. American men still get sexually jealous. I'm sure these attitudes have something to do with why we don't have nude beaches(even putting aside the minority problem).

Oreka Bailoak
08-18-2011, 02:49 AM
I was actually thinking of this kind of topic lately, but America has much different attitudes towards sexuality than Europe. America isn't free like Europe, there's still harsh male competition with each other, and less of a relaxed sexual environment.
Who decides what defines free? I actually think we have similar competition in dating with Europe.

In my experiences with women from traveling, European women are about the same as American women. Every country has its share of "relaxed sexual" people and their share of conservative valued people.

But keep in mind like was said earlier- the old German perspective doesn't see nudity as sexuality so I don't see the point in saying Europe is relaxed "sexually"- the two topics- nudity and sexuality- are independent in much of Europe- which is why it works there.

But yeah I agree with you that in America, with our society nudity is impossible to not sexualize, due to our social structure (very fragmented and individualistic, many people are creepy and girls don't feel comfortable for example like they would in a country more homogeneous and community spirited like Germany).

American men still get sexually jealous. I'm sure these attitudes have something to do with why we don't have nude beaches(even putting aside the minority problem).

Everybody is sexually jealous.

Anyways I think it has more to do with two things; the first a community feeling- a togetherness, a sort of naturally formed community trust. We don't have that in America as much as they do in Europe.

And secondly, we're also a country founded by a bunch of conservative valued people and this I'm sure also contributes to the reason (I'm proud of this, what you as a Northerner might think is prude, I'd see as Southern honor).

Boudica
08-18-2011, 02:55 AM
I think that it would be a very free/amazing feeling, however I would feel extremely out of place/odd doing it, lol. I guess I would feel this way because it would be a completely new and wild experience.

_______
08-18-2011, 03:11 AM
the freedom of it i find sexy, even if there is nothing sexual about the nudity

SwordoftheVistula
08-18-2011, 08:59 AM
I was actually thinking of this kind of topic lately, but America has much different attitudes towards sexuality than Europe. America isn't free like Europe

America used to be like that in the 60s & 70s, but that changed in the 80s, according to my older (Vietnam vet) friends. They blame a combination of the rise of evangelical Christianity and feminism.

The nudity thing has more to do with a different mentality in continental Europe, like Zank said. It's also why they don't name criminals in news stories, and a bunch of other stuff too.

Here's a really good article on the subject:

http://yalelawjournal.org/images/pdfs/246.pdf

...creepy...

Oh come on. Interest in female nudity is not 'creepy', it's 'heterosexual'

Stars Down To Earth
08-18-2011, 09:04 AM
I mostly agree with what Zankapfel said. Nudity is just not as sexualized in continental Europe.

Interest in female nudity is not 'creepy', it's 'heterosexual'
Going to nudist beaches only to stand there and ogle women is most definitely creepy. It's just a social no-no.

Aces High
08-18-2011, 09:41 AM
"German society is changing and it's not easy to be a naturist anymore," said Kurt Fischer, president of the German FKK association (DFK). There are some 500,000 registered nudists and a total of seven million Germans sunbathe naked regularly."

Its not just sunbathing,or peeling off to get a good tan.I remember that in Germany they have clubs where these people get together and go bowling or play tennis of have dances and all sorts of activities whilst they are all naked.

Very disturbing.

Stars Down To Earth
08-18-2011, 09:45 AM
Very disturbing.

Typical uptight English wanker. :p

poiuytrewq0987
08-18-2011, 09:55 AM
I mostly agree with what Zankapfel said. Nudity is just not as sexualized in continental Europe.

Going to nudist beaches only to stand there and ogle women is most definitely creepy. It's just a social no-no.

You'd totally ogle her

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4b/Nude_beach_party.jpg

but probably not her

http://www.nudebeachesyes.org/SanOnofre_lg.jpg

:coffee:

I've been to topless beaches in Europe and personally I've never ogled but I can't say I've not taken a quick pass. :D

SwordoftheVistula
08-18-2011, 10:15 AM

http://uvtblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/you-re-gay.jpg

Aces High
08-18-2011, 10:16 AM
Typical uptight English wanker. :p

Thats one way of looking at it....another way would be to say that the English are by nature reserved and not up to being exhibitionists.

(BTW i saw you mother down at the bus station last night,tell her those dog ends she was fishing out of the mens urinal smoke better when they are dried....;))

Bridie
08-18-2011, 10:21 AM
Yeah, I think the English are generally speaking more likely to be shy and view certain parts of the body as private and intimate. (Of course, exceptions are becoming more common these days with the popularity of trash culture.)

I can't see why this would be criticised as a bad thing, unless you're given to advocate sexual liberalism as an ideal for all to aspire to.

Stars Down To Earth
08-18-2011, 03:05 PM
(BTW i saw you mother down at the bus station last night,tell her those dog ends she was fishing out of the mens urinal smoke better when they are dried....;))
Haw haw haw, this must be the famous English humour.

The Ripper
08-18-2011, 03:46 PM
Spontaneous, alcohol-fuelled nudism is a specialty of Finnish males.

I used to have family living in Switzerland. A couple of years back the locals were considering how to stop Germans from hiking nekkid in the alps. :D

_______
08-18-2011, 06:41 PM
Spontaneous, alcohol-fuelled nudism is a specialty of Finnish males.

I used to have family living in Switzerland. A couple of years back the locals were considering how to stop Germans from hiking nekkid in the alps. :D

:D don't they get cold?

Curtis24
08-18-2011, 06:54 PM
What can we expect, from degenerate Europeans?

The Ripper
08-18-2011, 07:02 PM
What can we expect, from degenerate Europeans?

You're right. What else to expect than that their nudists are getting fatter and fewer.

Graham
08-18-2011, 07:09 PM
Accidently walked into a nudist part of the beach once. It was traumatising, had to get out quickly.

I just don't see the point in nudist beaches.

The Ripper
08-18-2011, 07:15 PM
Accidently walked into a nudist part of the beach once. It was traumatising, had to get out quickly.

I just don't see the point in nudist beaches.

Me neither.

I love swimming in the nude, etc, but why do I have to go to certain place to do it, where everyone else is doing it as well, when any lakeside will do. :)

Bridie
08-19-2011, 01:08 AM
Me neither.

I love swimming in the nude, etc, but why do I have to go to certain place to do it, where everyone else is doing it as well, when any lakeside will do. :)In Australia we're lucky enough to have many, many secluded areas where you can go nudie swimming without having to show yourself off to all and sundry. :D I love swimming in the nude too, it's so nice to feel the water, the warm sun and the breeze against your bare skin, but I couldn't imagine doing it in a public area! :embarrassed

Bobby Martnen
02-21-2018, 05:40 AM
Nudism is weird. Why would you want to flop your dick around in people's faces at the beach?

Utter nonsense...