PDA

View Full Version : What Rammstein implied by Deutschland?

Evrim
10-24-2019, 07:06 AM
https://youtu.be/NeQM1c-XCDc
I remember they are more left wing, but I also remember they hate artificial and cultureless societies like America too. Do they criticize end of German culture by this clip. At the end, black woman(Germania) gave birth to puppies. This may imply how infertile and cat lady western women are.
Other point is, they sent Germania into space in a coffin. Does it mean their ethnocultural identity will go absurdly extinct in space and multiculturalism is inevitable?
I think these clips are very artistic, they can be interpreted in many ways, what's yours?

Dick
10-24-2019, 07:11 AM
Fucking lol. First of all the they're obviously not left wing. The beginning of the video says it all. Leftists don't care about history and you probably interpreted it right. Anyway, I don't really like their music but the song and video for Amerika was brilliant.

Evrim
10-24-2019, 07:20 AM
Fucking lol. First of all the they're obviously not left wing. The beginning of the video says it all. Leftists don't care about history and you probably interpreted it right. Anyway, I don't really like their music but the song and video for Amerika was brilliant.

Nah dude, they are raised in the east. They openly accepted they are left.
But, industrial metal attracts right wingers mostly, it provokes will to the power generally, Laibach, die Krupps another left wing band with right wing audience mostly. They love fashtetics and Hugo Boss kek.

https://youtu.be/0fRB27kFOG0
Think about walking around with these uniforms, it's really artistic to do as a Slovenian:

https://youtu.be/2BqLv2T8vSc

catgeorge
10-24-2019, 07:23 AM
Legendary band - seen them live and they are absolutely brilliant.

Blondie
10-24-2019, 07:46 AM
I think the black woman symbolized the dying multicultural society, the nazi scenes shows the way there why the patriotism/nationalism is a dirty word in Germany. The end when the black woman gave birth to puppies symbolized these mixed childs will never be real germans (thats why these "kids" are dogs not humans), in most cases, no offense but this is the truth. This song is a criticism of the german multicultural society i'm sure.

Evrim
10-24-2019, 07:57 AM
I think the black woman symbolized the dying multicultural society, the nazi scenes shows the way there why the patriotism/nationalism is a dirty word in Germany. The end when the black woman gave birth to puppies symbolized these mixed childs will never be real germans (thats why these "kids" are dogs not humans), in most cases, no offense but this is the truth. This song is a criticism of the german multicultural society i'm sure.

I think they used a black woman to be provoking, if they used Diana Kruger, this wouldn't be striking for Rammstein.
I can't think Rammstein criticizing it, they are left. Left loves individualism, end of ethnic identities. Perhaps, by this clip they wanted to show it's inevitable that your culture and identity will go to space beginning by Tacitus alike scene. Also, those German astronauts finding old statues may imply alienation of modern Germans to their history.

Blondie
10-24-2019, 08:15 AM
I think they used a black woman to be provoking, if they used Diana Kruger, this wouldn't be striking for Rammstein.
I can't think Rammstein criticizing it, they are left. Left loves individualism, end of ethnic identities. Perhaps, by this clip they wanted to show it's inevitable that your culture and identity will go to space beginning by Tacitus alike scene. Also, those German astronauts finding old statues may imply alienation of modern Germans to their history.

Rammstein is not leftist lol

catgeorge
10-24-2019, 08:25 AM
Against the modern world the song more or less portrays them not having the ability to have patriotic feelings. which is a disgrace by German hierarchy.. no one is going to be allowed to have patriotic feelings in Europe as this momentum keeps going. there are alot of taboo songs which is not political most of their songs are not political at all.

Evrim
10-24-2019, 08:27 AM

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rammstein/comments/74wbsa/relatively_new_to_rammstein_what_are_the/
Even neopagan folk bands like Wardruna, Arkona etc are left. You can't exist as a popular band as openly right. Metal is right, bands should look left to exist.

Evrim
10-24-2019, 08:29 AM

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rammstein/comments/74wbsa/relatively_new_to_rammstein_what_are_the/
Even neopagan folk bands like Wardruna, Arkona etc are left. You can't exist as a popular band as openly right. Metal is right, bands should look left to exist.

10-24-2019, 08:33 AM
Translation of lyrics:

You (you have, you have, you have, you have)
Cried a lot (cried, cried, cried, cried)
Separated in mind (separated, separated, separated, separated)
United in heart (united, united, united, united)
We (we are, we are, we are, we are, we are)
Have been together for a very long time (you’re all1, you’re all, you’re all, you’re all)
Your breath cold (so cold, so cold, so cold, so cold)
The heart in flames (so hot, so hot, so hot, so hot)
You (you can, you can, you can, you can)
I (I know, I know, I know, I know)
We (we are, we are, we are, we are, we are)
You all (you all remain, you all remain, you all remain, you all remain)

Germany - my heart in flames
I want to love you and to condemn you
Germany - your breath cold
So young and yet so old
Germany!

I (you have, you have, you have, you have)
I never want to leave you (you cry, you cry, you cry, you cry)
One can love you (you love, you love, you love, you love)
And want to hate you (you hate, you hate, you hate, you hate)
Arrogant, superior
Take over, hand over
Surprise, assault
Germany, Germany over everybody2

Germany - my heart in flames
Germany - your breath cold
So young and yet so old
Germany - your love
is a curse and a blessing
Germany - my love
I cannot give you
Germany!
Germany!

You
I
We
You all
You (overpowering, superfluous)
I (superhuman, sick and tired)
We (whoever rises high falls hard)
You all (Germany, Germany over everybody)

Germany - your heart in flames
Germany - my breath cold
So young and yet so old
Germany - your love
is a curse and a blessing
Germany - my love
I cannot give you
Germany!

https://lyricstranslate.com/en/deutschland-germany.html-2

If I haven’t seen the video, I would assume that it has been written for a woman and that woman is called as “Germany” in the song. By the way, the song seems to be criticising rather than praising. Therefore, I would say the band is criticising some historical events and moments by the song and its video clip.

10-24-2019, 08:41 AM

They are ot far left but I guess they have left-wing tendencies rather than right. Why I think like that is because they have a very popular song called Links 2-3-4 in their legendary album Mutter.

catgeorge
10-24-2019, 08:44 AM
What about Amerika.... people would say its left wing, I dont think so. Its all about interpretation.Anyway Rammstein is not a political band.

Blondie
10-24-2019, 08:52 AM

Sorce: reddit :rotfl::rotfl: This song is pure criticism of the multicultural society, you're blind if you don't see it.

PostOak1
10-24-2019, 09:57 AM
Sorce: reddit :rotfl::rotfl: This song is pure criticism of the multicultural society, you're blind if you don't see it.

Blondie, I agree with your interpretation of this song. I watched this video moments after it was released on YouTube and the opening scenes in the Tuetoberg Forest caught me emotionally and released Jungian folk memories of triumph within my soul.
Their song Amerika is great because as a nongeneric American (Southerner) it criticizes the homogenization and gross consumerism of the USA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

10-24-2019, 10:13 AM
This song is pure criticism of the multicultural society

It is not crystal clear that this song is a criticism of multicultural society. Without the video, it seems or sounds like it is written to a woman, whom Till Lindemann might have called as Germany. When the video is added, it seems and sounds like ot is written for their own country but still not clear what they criticise but most probably they are criticising several incidents in German history, such as Holocaust.

Evrim
10-24-2019, 10:28 AM

I know Reddit is not a legit source, but some members of group said left leaning things as you read. Rammstein can't be right wing, metal bands except underground ones are all left wing or centrist. It's only way to exist in that scene. Remember what happened to Mel Gibson, when he spoke ill of tribe. They cut the way of right wing people in media, art, science etc in western world. Even PewDiePie donated shekels for ADL to not be cursed by Yahweh.

Evrim
10-24-2019, 10:31 AM

I know Reddit is not a legit source, but some members of group said left leaning things as you read. Rammstein can't be right wing, metal bands except underground ones are all left wing or centrist. It's only way to exist in that scene. Remember what happened to Mel Gibson, when he spoke ill of tribe. They cut the way of right wing people in media, art, science etc in western world. Even PewDiePie donated shekels for ADL to not be cursed by Yahweh.

catgeorge
10-24-2019, 10:34 AM
Not everything has to have a label so machines can learn and be steered to a direction. It's like a taboo band with unique music style cant put labels on that stuff and thats Rammstein IMO.