PDA

View Full Version : Does this count as light eyes?

Avicenna
10-28-2019, 02:14 PM
https://i.imgur.com/VzO5ETe.png

Pansarkamrat
10-28-2019, 02:16 PM
Nope those are dark eyes

Avicenna
10-28-2019, 02:19 PM
Nope those are dark eyes

But it's not brown? It has green tones with a smudge of brown... It's Hazel right?

Pansarkamrat
10-28-2019, 02:20 PM
But it's not brown? It has green tones with a smudge of brown... It's Hazel right?

It is Hazel but Hazel eyes are dark eyes.

farke1
10-28-2019, 02:22 PM
Nope. Hard to tell perfectly from the picture but they look like standard hazel eyes.

Samnium
10-28-2019, 02:33 PM
Medium hazel I would say, since they appear as brown with noticeable green in it.

Light hazel appear as green everytime. That's the difference.

And Dark hazel are really only brown eyes with some green shades.

Samnium
10-28-2019, 02:45 PM
I think reasonably that light hazel can be considered as light eyes since they never appear as brown. However medium and dark hazel of course not.

Differences between medium and light

(Light : right, Medium : left)

The green and the brown part is darker, more proper brown also (there isn't also light yellow areas that you can find in some hazel eyes), I would say also that the brown part don't have green shades and dark greenish parts inside.

Overall that's why medium appear as brown (and almost never as green) and light appear as gray/green (and never as brown).

Avicenna
10-28-2019, 03:05 PM
I think reasonably that light hazel can be considered as light eyes since they never appear as brown. However medium and dark hazel of course not.

Differences between medium and light

The green and the brown part is darker, more proper brown also (there isn't also light yellow areas that you can find in some hazel eyes), I would say also that the brown part don't have green shades and dark greenish parts inside.

Overall that's why medium appear as brown (and almost never as green) and light appear as gray/green (and never as brown).

Dont you think the lighting on the left is a little dim hence the green element is not showing clearly?

Samnium
10-28-2019, 03:21 PM
Dont you think the lighting on the left is a little dim hence the green element is not showing clearly?

I tried to chose a picture (it's my eyes) with natural light and similar to your picture, but I think the best to do is to take your picture with a Reflex or a really good smartphone to see clearly the color.

Your eyes could be lighter indeed but they would still fall in medium hazel in my opinion, mostly because of the brown and green part that are "quite" dark

It's difficult to tell from one picture and with low resolution

Jana
10-28-2019, 03:24 PM
These eyes are brown and clearly dark. Not hazel (hazel are mixed eyes and quite lighter than these, they are equal mix of green and brown)

Avicenna
10-28-2019, 03:28 PM
I tried to chose a picture (it's my eyes) with natural light and similar to yours, but I think the best to do is to take your picture with a Reflex or a really good smartphone to see clearly the color.

Your eyes could be lighter indeed but they would still fall in medium hazel in my opinion, mostly because of the brown and green part that are "quite" dark

It's difficult to tell from one picture and with low resolution

That's not my eyes but thanks for the input man

Avicenna
10-28-2019, 03:29 PM
These eyes are brown and clearly dark. Not hazel (hazel are mixed eyes and quite lighter than these, they are equal mix of green and brown)

They are definetly not plain brown, I think Hazel is correct imo

Jana
10-28-2019, 04:20 PM
They are definetly not plain brown, I think Hazel is correct imo

Not pure brown, but pred. brown. Green spots are much less than brown so in my book these eyes aren't hazel nor mixed.

Avicenna
10-28-2019, 05:03 PM
Not pure brown, but pred. brown. Green spots are much less than brown so in my book these eyes aren't hazel nor mixed.

Am the only one seeing green with brown spot in the middle? In any case its mixed eyes as unmixed eyes is only one color

chociprasa
10-28-2019, 06:28 PM
No. 'Light' usually means blue and blue-green eyes.

♥ Lily ♥
10-28-2019, 06:40 PM
No, that's dark eyes / brown eyes.

These are examples of hazel eyes: https://www.google.com/search?q=hazel+eye&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjf-szBzL_lAhU6TBUIHdIJDfEQ_AUIESgB&biw=1280&bih=653#imgrc=xfiQeXtIncGyCM: