PDA

View Full Version : This Indian guy passes as hispanic?

Trouble
11-02-2019, 03:27 AM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/09/RussellPeters08TIFF.jpg

https://cdn1.thr.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/landscape_928x523/2016/05/gettyimages-512834826-h_2016.jpg

https://tce-live2.s3.amazonaws.com/media/media/c2a4871b-88d3-49c7-97b0-4e5332bd3e11.jpg

Apparently so, listen to him talk about his experience in Florida at 2:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmI4LP-9a8o

Thambi
11-02-2019, 03:30 AM
There are a shit ton of indians in florida. I was surprised Russell peters got mistaken there. Maybe its just for the skit lol. he also said he got mistaken as italian in italy earlier in his career, which i highly doubt.

Trouble
11-02-2019, 03:40 AM
There are a shit ton of indians in florida. I was surprised Russell peters got mistaken there. Maybe its just for the skit lol. he also said he got mistaken as italian in italy earlier in his career, which i highly doubt.

Maybe it’s not as uncommon as we think and we just look too exotic for it to happen to us, lol.

Thambi
11-02-2019, 03:44 AM
Maybe it’s not as uncommon as we think and we just look too exotic for it to happen to us, lol.

honestly you have a higher chance of getting latino than he does. imo. he looks unmistakably indian.

Trouble
11-02-2019, 04:00 AM
honestly you have a higher chance of getting latino than he does. imo. he looks unmistakably indian.

The way hes talking about it makes it sound like something that genuinely happened. With some exaggeration for comedic effect. Like the guy dancing obviously lol.

Trouble
11-02-2019, 04:48 AM
bump

Morena
11-02-2019, 06:11 AM
No, not really.

Zroota
11-02-2019, 06:27 AM
As Thambi said, he looks unmistakably Indian.

Trouble
11-02-2019, 06:33 AM
As Thambi said, he looks unmistakably Indian.

Maybe he passes to non anthrotards

lameduck
11-02-2019, 06:38 AM
he is anglo indian

Trouble
11-09-2019, 03:21 AM
he is anglo indian

Yea that could contribute to him looking latino.

Latinus
11-09-2019, 03:24 AM
Brazilians are not Hispanic, but he would pass here as a regular joe, João Pereira da Silva.

Trouble
11-09-2019, 03:25 AM
Brazilians are not Hispanic, but he would pass here as a regular joe, João Pereira da Silva.

People who said he looks unmistakably Indian are so wrong. Look at the comments under the video. People are saying he could pass as many different races.

Latinus
11-09-2019, 03:33 AM
People who said he looks unmistakably Indian are so wrong. Look at the comments under the video. People are saying he could pass as many different races.

He pass in all multiracial countries and places with lot's of brown people with caucasoid features.

Mortimer
11-09-2019, 03:34 AM
To me he looks very gypsy. I dont know if he could pass as hispanic.

Trouble
11-09-2019, 03:36 AM
To me he looks very gypsy. I dont know if he could pass as hispanic.

Many gypsies yourself included look mexican too

Mortimer
11-09-2019, 03:38 AM
Many gypsies yourself included look mexican too

I do not look mexican. You live in the USA you should know better what mexicans look like. I look not mexican at all. Maybe only like a minority of predominantly european mexicans.

https://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs-public/thumbnails/image/2019/05/28/12/mexico-reunion-f1add154-7e58-11e9-a5b3-34f3edf1351e-1.jpg?w968h681

Trouble
11-09-2019, 03:40 AM
I do not look mexican. You live in the USA you should know better what mexicans look like. I look not mexican at all. Maybe only like a minority of predominantly european mexicans.

https://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs-public/thumbnails/image/2019/05/28/12/mexico-reunion-f1add154-7e58-11e9-a5b3-34f3edf1351e-1.jpg?w968h681

maybe you don't but you look similar enough to pass as that. and yea i was talking about the predominantly euro ones. castizos

Mortimer
11-09-2019, 03:41 AM
maybe you don't but you look similar enough to pass as that. and yea i was talking about the predominantly euro ones. castizos

Ok fair enough. I do not look like the stereotype who migrates to the USA at all. I saw plenty of TV shows on mexican migrants to USA.

Latinus
11-09-2019, 03:42 AM
Ok fair enough. I do not look like the stereotype who migrates to the USA at all. I saw plenty of TV shows on mexican migrants to USA.

It depends on the region, East Coast Mexicans are usually Indo-Mestizos, but in the West Coast you have many Harnizos and Castizos.

Mortimer
11-09-2019, 03:45 AM
It depends on the region, East Coast Mexicans are usually Indo-Mestizos, but in the West Coast you have many Harnizos and Castizos.

This one guy here HelloGuys looks mostly southern euro passing and is harnizo. So that exists. But on TV and such I see mostly very distinct people from me and from gypsies in regular. They also do not look like pakistanis or indians.

Dna8
11-09-2019, 03:46 AM
His is a recognizably South Asian aesthetic.

I regard him kindly.

And my kindest regards to you too,

Dna8

Celestia
11-09-2019, 03:47 AM
Morty, as a Texan with a bunch of Mexican neighbors, you could pass as Mexican.
At least atypically.

Trouble
11-09-2019, 03:47 AM
This one guy here HelloGuys looks mostly southern euro passing and is harnizo. So that exists. But on TV and such I see mostly very distinct people from me and from gypsies in regular. They also do not look like pakistanis or indians.

They are familiar with their own diversity so if you go to Mexico youll probably be perceived as a local. If not, a white.

Mortimer
11-09-2019, 03:48 AM
Morty, as a Texan with a bunch of Mexican neighbors, you could pass as Mexican.
At least atypically.

I think you pass better as Mexican then what I do. No offense I know you are 98% british.

Latinus
11-09-2019, 03:49 AM
They are familiar with their own diversity so if you go to Mexico youll probably be perceived as a local. If not, a white.

Mexico is not homogenous, we all pass there, me, you, Mortimer, Celestialsayer...

Trouble
His is a recognizably South Asian aesthetic.

I regard him kindly.

And my kindest regards to you too,

Dna8

maybe but he still passes. read the comments under the video

"Is that Russell Peters, although indian by ethnicity, has a look and skin color than can pass for a lot of nationalities: cuban and caribean in general, arab (to some degree), maybe even south american, south Italian (naples), or even a coloured south african"

Mortimer

I was never in Mexico though. Im not familiar with all their types of looks. But Im sure that I do not look typically mexican of any kind, they also have mennonites (germans) and such but I look not really anything of that what they have.

Celestia
11-09-2019, 03:50 AM
I think you pass better as Mexican then what I do. No offense I know you are 98% british.

You’re probably right lol.
No offense taken.
But I have had some friends in the past who have looked very similar to you.
Mexico is very diverse, ask Carlitos.

Latinus
11-09-2019, 03:50 AM

She pass as local looking Mexican, not the textbook type, but her type is part of a sizeable minority, because she is Med-Alpine.

Dna8
11-09-2019, 03:51 AM
I appreciate the synergy between his aesthetic and the Latin spectrum, but given the modern world's exposure to South Asia, most of humanity would think, Indid, when seeing our subject.

However, all our thread founder would like to know, is if his subject passes in Latin America.

Indeed, he does.

Mein is an answer of two parts.

I am kindness itself, I am everywhere at once,

Dna8

Trouble
11-09-2019, 03:51 AM
No offense taken.

He is not the best person to ask. He thinks anyone can pass in mexico which they obviously cant. Ask Helloguys.

Mortimer
11-09-2019, 03:52 AM
No offense taken.

Ok. I guess I would pass as mexican. It is not bad to me. Im just sure that I do not look typically mexican. Or what one imagines a mexican. But they even have germans and italians etc. everyone can be born in mexico.

https://c8.alamy.com/comp/DRR4X4/large-family-birthday-party-gathering-in-cozumel-mexico-DRR4X4.jpg

Celestia
11-09-2019, 03:53 AM
I am kindness itself, I am everywhere at once,

A tear just rolled down my cheek. :’)

Trouble
11-09-2019, 03:54 AM
@mortimer

I do not believe celestial sayer passes as mexican, either in mexico nor in the US. She looks white

Latinus
11-09-2019, 03:55 AM
Ok. I guess I would pass as mexican. It is not bad to me. Im just sure that I do not look typically mexican. Or what one imagines a mexican. But they even have germans and italians etc. everyone can be born in mexico.

https://c8.alamy.com/comp/DRR4X4/large-family-birthday-party-gathering-in-cozumel-mexico-DRR4X4.jpg

https://youtu.be/PYaqWZQtxdM

Latinus
11-09-2019, 03:57 AM
@mortimer

I do not believe celestial sayer passes as mexican, either in mexico nor in the US. She looks white

Many Mexicans are white and she is darker than many of them. Med types pass as local looking in Mexico.
The guy of my avatar is Mexican and looks Spanish, according to you he can't pass in his own country, LOL.

Mortimer
11-09-2019, 03:57 AM
https://youtu.be/PYaqWZQtxdM

I saw the video, they look more caucasoid but more like middle easterners lebanese. Maybe they are lebanese or some of them. Mexico has also lebanese mexicans. Some could be italians, some could be germans, some obviously have amerindian features despite the bleached hair. None of them looks like me but I see that I could be mistaken as one of them.

Mortimer
11-09-2019, 03:59 AM
@mortimer

You believe I look mexican though. Im much paler then her. I have a ruddy complexion.

Trouble
11-09-2019, 03:59 AM
Many Mexicans are white and she is darker than many of them. Med types pass as local looking in Mexico.
The guy of my avatar is Mexican and looks Spanish, according to you he can't pass in his own country, LOL.

I always think that's really you.

But anyway that guy has that swarthy southern euro look. She on the other hand looks like a british person who spent too much time in a tanning salon.

Trouble
11-09-2019, 04:00 AM
You believe I look mexican though. Im much paler then her. I have a ruddy complexion.

Your features are more similar to them thats why.

Mortimer
11-09-2019, 04:01 AM

But anyway that guy has that swarthy southern euro look. She on the other hand looks like a british person who spent too much time in a tanning salon.

Nah no way. I dont want to offend her and it is not offense though really as we are all humans but with her eyes they stick out, they are southasian to me. I guessed her as gypsy and she looks more gypsy then me.

Mortimer
11-09-2019, 04:01 AM
Your features are more similar to them thats why.

Bullshit. I do not have amerindian features at all.

Celestia
11-09-2019, 04:02 AM
Yes I have bug eyes, thanks Morty.

Trouble
Bullshit. I do not have amerindian features at all.

But you have nonwhite features.

Latinus

He is fair skinned:
https://hips.hearstapps.com/es.h-cdn.co/teleprogramaes/images/telenovela/los-rostros-de-las-telenovelas/mane-de-la-parra-biografia-el-vuelo-de-la-victoria/mane-de-la-parra-06/12525872-1-esl-ES/mane-de-la-parra-06.jpg?resize=480:*
Celestial wouldn't be guessed as Gringa looking in Mexico, she is not even a textbook white American, her father is.

Mortimer
11-09-2019, 04:03 AM
But you have nonwhite features.

But not amerindian. Nonwhite is not the same as nonwhite. I look like what I am and Im not mestizo or Latino.

Celestia
11-09-2019, 04:03 AM

I don’t tan at a tanning salon though...

Latinus
11-09-2019, 04:04 AM
I don’t tan at a tanning salon though...

Yeah, you seem to have olive skin, would be called "morena" around here.

Mortimer
11-09-2019, 04:04 AM
Back to OP. I see a resemblance between me and this guy in the OP. He is a bit darker then me. But similar features and eyes. To me he looks very gypsy and less mexican.

Celestia
11-09-2019, 04:05 AM
Yeah, you seem to have olive skin, would be called "morena" around here.

Lmao I was just called a bug eyed Brit who tans in the tanning bed for too long.
Talk about a warm welcome back hahahah

Mortimer
11-09-2019, 04:07 AM
Lmao I was just called a bug eyed Brit who tans in the tanning bed for too long.

I like you. No offense what I said. It shouldnt matter if I compare you with mexicans or gypsies. Because we are all humans. Right? It isnt a insult.

Celestia
11-09-2019, 04:09 AM
I like you. No offense what I said. It shouldnt matter if I compare you with mexicans or gypsies. Because we are all humans. Right? It isnt a insult.

Lol you’re fine Morty it takes a lot to offend me.

Latinus
11-09-2019, 04:09 AM

You're, with all respect, way hotter than the average Brit.
They posted a Berber girl that resembled you. You seem to be one of those Euro Caucasoid types that overlap with non-Euro Caucasoids.

Celestia
11-09-2019, 04:13 AM
You're, with all respect, way hotter than the average Brit.
They posted a Berber girl that resembled you. You seem to be one of those Euro Caucasoid types that overlap with non-Euro Caucasoids.

lol thanks. I personally don’t think I look typical Brit. Even on Origuess I was guessed as Southern Euro and South American before Northern or even Western European. :shrug:

Trouble
11-09-2019, 04:15 AM
lol thanks. I personally don’t think I look typical Brit. Even on Origuess I was guessed as Southern Euro and South American before Northern or even Western European. :shrug:

Origuess is filled with low IQ individuals. Very few got my ethnicity correct.

Celestia
11-09-2019, 04:17 AM
Origuess is filled with low IQ individuals. Very few got my ethnicity correct.

Well there’s only one thing left to do.
Ask the master of classification, Dna8.

Trouble
11-09-2019, 04:17 AM
Back to OP. I see a resemblance between me and this guy in the OP. He is a bit darker then me. But similar features and eyes. To me he looks very gypsy and less mexican.

Ok I agree he looks Roma. The thing is you dont need to look 100% like some other race to pass as it.

Latinus
11-09-2019, 04:19 AM

You're an Alpine-Med + Dinarid with olive skin, this combination of phenotypes is typical for Southern Europe, so that automatically makes you an atypical Brit (not saying rare, just not the most common), because average Southern Euros and British Islanders look distinct.

FinalFlash
11-09-2019, 04:19 AM

I told you the same thing over a year ago after you made a thread asking TA where you'd pass. Because of your ambiguous phenotype, I would've guessed you as some type of Latin American.

Latinus
11-09-2019, 04:20 AM
Ok I agree he looks Roma. The thing is you dont need to look 100% like some other race to pass as it.

This. Just not very diferent.

Celestia
11-09-2019, 04:23 AM
@Dna8

Do I pass better as a Brit or Spaniard?
Your honest wisdom would be ever so appreciated.

Dna8
11-09-2019, 04:26 AM
My dad hasn't used a tanning salon in his life, and he only becomes teak during particularly harsh, particularly overcast winters.

Dick
11-09-2019, 04:26 AM
@Dna8

You’re basically A celticized Penelope Cruz

Celestia
11-09-2019, 04:28 AM
You’re basically A celticized Penelope Cruz

Hmm. I’m okay with that.

Mortimer
11-09-2019, 04:28 AM

I told you the same thing over a year ago after you made a thread asking TA where you'd pass. Because of your ambiguous phenotype, I would've guessed you as some type of Latin American.

Ok lets agree to this as consensus.

Latinus
11-09-2019, 04:29 AM
My dad hasn't used a tanning salon in his life, and he only becomes teak during particularly harsh, particularly overcast winters.

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/image.php?u=22864&dateline=1573020471

Dick
11-09-2019, 04:30 AM
Hmm. I’m okay with that.

I’m joking

Celestia
11-09-2019, 04:31 AM
I’m joking

No take backs.

Dick
11-09-2019, 04:33 AM
No take backs.

:eviltongue:

Latinus
11-09-2019, 04:36 AM
You fit with no problem among this Spanish crowd:
https://c8.alamy.com/comppt/d3ar2j/barcelona-espanha-os-fas-de-futebol-assistir-ao-jogo-final-da-copa-do-mundo-d3ar2j.jpg

What about Ireland?
https://harvardjlg.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/19/2018/11/repeal-the-eighth-amendment-ireland-abortion-referendum-963114.jpg

Dna8
11-09-2019, 05:04 AM
@Dna8

Hi,

Your aesthetic can pass as a highly literate and educated Spanish speaking Spanish woman, one born in a centremost and easily fortified location in Castilla–La Mancha, to parents the both of whom, have thorough, well documented and longstanding ties to the region.

Yet I would rank your passage best as follows:

Best Pass first:

England/Wales/Ireland - on account of your aesthetic's physical (facial) composition.
Spain (for her Celto Germanic sets)
France (the Fifth Republic accommodates your aesthetic's Celto Northernness of Mediterranidess)
Italy (being your easternmost theater of aesthetic)

How I would like the above ranking to be perceived:

The set (ranking) is intended to be regarded as including members which are all fluent or natural passes for our subject.

I am amenable to any tweaking of the set's members in terms of rank.

If your eyes were a bright color, your aesthetic would be even more devilishly difficult to pin down in one place.

Celestia
11-09-2019, 05:08 AM
Hi,

Your aesthetic can pass as a highly literate and educated Spanish speaking Spanish woman, one born in a centremost and easily fortified location in Castilla–La Mancha, to parents the both of whom, have thorough, well documented and longstanding ties to the region.

Yet I would rank your passage best as follows:

Best Pass first:

England/Wales/Ireland - on account of your aesthetic's physical (facial) composition.
Spain (for her Celto Germanic sets)
France (the Fifth Republic accommodates your aesthetic's Celto Northernness of Mediterranidess)
Italy (being your easternmost theater of aesthetic)

How I would like the above ranking to be perceived:

The set (ranking) is intended to be regarded as including members which are all fluent or natural passes for our subject.

I am amenable to any tweaking of the set's members in terms of rank.

If your eyes were a bright color, your aesthetic would

Lmao, thank you for you in-depth analyzation.
What I’m concluding from this is that you agree that I look like an overly tanned Brit
And Akira was onto something
However I disagree with both of you although I do believe I would pass in the British Isles, I don’t think that is where I would fit best.
My opinion would be Southern France.

And as I recall when I had first opened a thread to guess my ethnicity, you guessed Romanian and Spanish ;)

Dna8
11-09-2019, 05:41 AM
@ Celestial

I certainly do not perceive you to be over tanned Brit.

My vignette was meant to relay how you pass easily in Iberia.

My detail regarding how I wish my ranking to be perceived was also meant to signify your natural passage in Mediterranean Europe, as far as my eye is concerned.

Apologies for the miscommunication, but kindest regards,

Dna8

Dna8
11-09-2019, 05:51 AM
@ Akira

Your source has been compromised.

The subject passes in Brazil like a force of nature.

Trouble
11-09-2019, 05:54 AM
@ Akira

Your source has been compromised.

The subject passes in Brazil like a force of nature.

Which subject?

Dna8
11-09-2019, 06:00 AM
Which subject?

Wrong thread, my apologies.

Dna8
11-09-2019, 06:03 AM
@ Celestial

I certainly do not perceive you to be over tanned Brit.

My vignette was meant to relay how you pass easily in Iberia.

My detail regarding how I wish my ranking to be perceived was also meant to signify your natural passage in Mediterranean Europe, as far as my eye is concerned.

Apologies for the miscommunication, but kindest regards,

Dna8

And I agree that it's bizarre to keep referencing tanning salons in the context of an aesthetic (yours) that can pass as typical across Southern Europe (especially, Spain/France/Italy).

Trouble
11-09-2019, 06:08 AM
And I agree that it's bizarre to keep referencing tanning salons in the context of an aesthetic (yours) that can pass as typical across Southern Europe (especially, Spain/France/Italy).

she certainly passes in southern europe better than a certain pathetic female member who thinks she can. at least she looks white

Dna8
11-09-2019, 06:11 AM
she certainly passes in southern europe better than a certain pathetic female member who thinks she can. at least she looks white

CS passes in Southern Europe. Period.

There must be millions of female aesthetics across the populous countries of Spain, France, and Italy, that have synergy with our subject's (Celestial).

Ana95
11-09-2019, 10:19 AM

In the attached file, Screen shot from Origuess App, you can see that only haf of indian were percieved as indian by the rest of the world, and more than 10% of them were percieved as central or southern amercian.