PDA

View Full Version : Erasmus - your thoughts

Satem
11-06-2019, 08:08 PM
I'm thinking about participating Erasmus next year. I don't know if it's worth. What is your opinion? Have you participated in Erasmus Programme?

TheMaestro
11-06-2019, 08:14 PM
Ye, highly reccomend, choose county wisely, its a good experience imo for a person, not from an uni view but in general, you get to know how people live in different county, culture and live by own.

Genovefa
11-06-2019, 08:20 PM
I haven't done it but I've heard a lot of people who did it say that all they remember from it is that they ended up in a shag pad

Aldaris
11-06-2019, 08:23 PM
Waste of time, really. You get no academic value from that, but if you feel like having some time off, then sure I guess. Actually, there is one Polish student at our faculty who's getting his doctorate, but all he has to attend are some classes for the Master's students. Basically a vacation time for him.

Satem
11-06-2019, 08:26 PM
I haven't done it but I've heard a lot of people who did it say that all they remember from it is that they ended up in a shag pad

It's not a danger for me. My face works better than condom xD

Genovefa
11-06-2019, 08:44 PM
It's not a danger for me. My face works better than condom xD

Pff, don't say that :p

Aldaris
11-06-2019, 09:04 PM
Pff, don't say that :p

Second that, don't bring yourself down, Sipols.

Zmey Gorynych
11-06-2019, 09:14 PM
For some reason I thought it was going to be a thread about Erasmus of Rotterdam. I don't know you and what you're like or how old you are but my advice is take it. Any experience is better than no experience. If it helps you, good. If it doesn't it will maybe reinforce some of the ideas you already have (!?).

pulstar
11-06-2019, 09:20 PM
Waste of time, really. You get no academic value from that, but if you feel like having some time off, then sure I guess. Actually, there is one Polish student at our faculty who's getting his doctorate, but all he has to attend are some classes for the Master's students. Basically a vacation time for him.

Exactly what this guy said. If you're serious about your degree and plan to work in your field of studies forget about having too much of a fun and try to first anticipate and then learn things you don't know yet but that you'll find useful in the job fair.

Satem
11-07-2019, 03:27 PM
Bump

sean
11-07-2019, 03:31 PM
Erasmus is nothing but a government paid holiday for people to get drunk and fuck around on whilst pretending it's about experiencing other countries.

Ruggery
11-07-2019, 11:10 PM
Erasmus is nothing but a government paid holiday for people to get drunk and fuck around on whilst pretending it's about experiencing other countries.

Erasmus serves to study, but much of what you say is true, they are like university students but at the level of travel.

Ruggery
11-07-2019, 11:13 PM

What is the difference between ERASMUS and other exchange programs?

Brás Garcia de Mascarenhas
11-07-2019, 11:39 PM
I have done Erasmus in Poland. I recommend it, it is a lifetime opportunity to travel, live and discover a new place. Erasmus programmes offer you an additional educational and cultural experience you wouldn't otherwise be able to gain.

Which countries do you have in mind?