PDA

View Full Version : Guilty: Schoolboy, 16, who murdered his ex-girlfriend over a bet for a free breakfast Read more: ht

Troll's Puzzle
07-27-2011, 06:37 PM
(story (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2019409/Joshua-Davies-16-guilty-murdering-ex-girlfriend-Rebecca-Aylward-free-breakfast-bet.html))

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/07/27/article-2019409-0D302DC300000578-235_306x737.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/07/27/article-2019409-0D300AF100000578-742_634x510.jpg

A babyfaced schoolboy is facing a life sentence after being found guilty of murdering his ex-girlfriend - over a bet for a free breakfast.

Joshua Davies, 16, was promised a full cooked breakfast if he carried out his threat to murder Rebecca Aylward.

Davies and Rebecca, 15, had split up but she went to meet him hoping they would get back together.

Rebecca even bought new clothes for the 'date' unaware Davies had been boasting to his friends how easy it would be to kill her.

The obsessed schoolboy had plotted to give her deadly foxgloves, drown her in a river or throw her off a cliff.

But instead Davies lured happy and fun-loving Rebecca into woods where he battered her to death with a rock.

A five-week murder trial heard that two days before the murder Davies texted his friend to say: 'Don't say anything but you may just owe me a breakfast.'

Judge Mr Justice Lloyd Jones today lifted an order preventing the boy from being named and photographed.

He said it was 'in the public interest' that he should be identified.
Davies, wearing a pale open-necked shirt and dark trousers, showed no emotion as the jury returned their verdict but was in tears when the judge addressed him.
The jury was even given a list of text sayings and symbols used on Facebook, MSN, texts and other social media to help them understand the conversations between the teenagers.

In one text to a friend Davies asked: 'What would you do if I actually did kill her?'

The friend replied: 'Oh, I would buy you breakfast.'

Two days before the brutal murder Davies sent a text saying: 'Don't say anything but you may just owe me a breakfast.'

His friend replied: 'Best text I have ever had mate. Seriously, if it is true I am happy to pay for a breakfast.

'I want all the details. You sadistic bastard.' The text finished with a smiley face symbol.

Minutes later the pair walked into woods where Davies picked up a rock and repeatedly struck his ex-girlfriend over the head.

Prosecutor Greg Taylor QC said: 'After killing Rebecca in the woods Davies asked his two friends to meet him in the forest.

'One of the boys could see her lying face down, he was shaking and angry. He wanted to go and help her.

'He glimpsed at her body and thought: "Oh my God, she's dead."

'Davies told him to pull back her hood to see if she was dead but he didn't want to.'

Mr Taylor told the court how Davies then described to his friends how he had killed the schoolgirl.

He said: 'Joshua told his friends: "She was facing away from me and I thought: "This is it, I'm going to go for it.

"I tried to break her neck. She was screaming so I picked up the rock and started to hit her with it.

"The worst part was feeling and seeing her skull give way".'

Rebecca's mother Sonia reported her missing when she failed to arrive back at the family home in Maesteg, near Bridgend.

Her body was found face down in the woods the next day.

Davies denied murder and blamed his best friend for Rebecca's death.

But a jury found him guilty of murder and was warned by the judge he will be detained 'at Her Majesty's pleasure'.

The judge adjourned sentence for psychiatric reports and to decide on a minimum period of when the Davies will be eligible for parole.

MACABRE MESSAGES OF THE SCHOOLBOY KILLER

The murder was carried out with shocking brutality. But it was discussed and eventually covered up using the most modern methods.

Instant messages, mobile phone texts and Facebook were all habitually used before and after the killing.

Updates on what they thought was just an adolescent joke were sought by friends as they casually ate breakfast together at a local cafe.

Replies were texted back in seconds using language which made the deadly business of murder appear mundane.

Technology allowed fresh-faced schoolboys the distance from reality to treat the subject of murder with mirth.

A free breakfast could become an incentive to slaughter a schoolgirl as part of the chilling joke.

And Facebook could be used to suggest you were having a normal evening in with friends, even if you had committed murder.

The macabre schoolboy humour may appear brutal to an adult. The tragedy is that one of their number was deadly serious.

As a result, a mountain of digital messages sent between a tight circle of friends was vital evidence in the murder trial.

The teenagers involved were shown to be highly adept at communicating in the words, symbols and jargon of the digital age.

So critical was this evidence that the jury was given a short lesson in court on its meaning.

Smiley-faced symbols were explained, abbreviations such as 'lol' were translated and common terms such as MSN clarified.

They were then ready to listen to days of evidence plucked from a plethora of mobile phones and Facebook pages.

One such exchange related to the chilling bet between killer Joshua Davies and a friend.

The jury was told how a core group of friends regularly used to meet up on a Saturday morning for breakfast.

After one such meeting Davies sent a text to one friend asking: 'What would you do if I actually did kill her?'

The friend replies: 'Oh, I would buy you breakfast.'

On the day of the murder Davies had breakfast as usual with friends and left to meet with Rebecca.

Having told them he intended to kill her they later called him and asked whether he was with her.

'Define with,' Davies replied, clearly meaning that they might well be together but she was no longer alive.

The schoolboy friends genuinely believed that talk of murder was all part of an on-going joke.

But after the killing they all initially kept quiet as fears for Rebecca increased and her frantic family called in the police.

While Rebecca lay apparently dead in a forest, nobody called the police or ambulance service or attempted to get help.

Facebook was then used by Davies to make it appear as though he was just a concerned friend.

In one exchange he writes: 'I feel sorry for her mother.'

When asked why, he replies: 'Well if I was a parent I'd be worried if my daughter was missing.'

:.... this is one of the worst murder cases I've read about taking place in Britain. There was another case from Wales which 'chilled' me in a similar way, and also involved a teenager (the 'welsh vampire' guy) but that was nowhere near as bad really.

I don't support the 'death penalty' for such a non-person but a 'living death' penalty, where every day is a new agony after another & also some useful experiments so that some learning or future good may actually come out of this worthless worm's existance, such as path-breaking research into human pain neurotransmitters, an adaptation of Harlow's 'pit of despair' experiment, trials of dangerous medicines for saftey, and similar things would be appropriate in this case. (to be performed in the newly built 'Mengele Memorial Laboritory').
and if he is ever released, I hope someone stabs him in the stomach and chokes him with his own entrails.

(as you can tell, reading the story didn't leave me in a good mood :....)

safinator
07-27-2011, 06:44 PM
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/2/22003/1045123-electric_chair_large.jpg

Troll's Puzzle
07-27-2011, 06:48 PM
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/2/22003/1045123-electric_chair_large.jpg

too painless, and too wasteful

at least make him suffer in the name of science, so some 'good' can be found in even the worst of cases.
people don't like seeing innocent animals suffer for science, so perhapss we could use guilty humans (of the worst kind of crimes) instead.

i'm not joking about that, either.

Groenewolf
07-27-2011, 06:57 PM
too painless, and too wasteful

If you want something painful her father might have some good ideas. And electric chairs can be pretty painful, even more so if not done right.

at least make him suffer in the name of science, so some 'good' can be found in even the worst of cases.

No doubt his brain might be interesting for neuroscientists. Of course to be studied before and after execution.

Logan
07-27-2011, 06:58 PM
Where I am located he would be put down, in time.

Letting the young ladies family at him, might be fair, as in the Icelandic Sagas. Or perhaps a ticket to Arabia.

Treffie
09-02-2011, 05:33 PM
He's been given a 14 year jail sentence! :mad: Which means he could be out in 10 years. He showed absolutely no remorse while he was being sentenced.

Link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-14761213)

Troll's Puzzle
09-02-2011, 05:36 PM
He's been given a 14 year jail sentence! :mad: Which means he could be out in 10 years. He showed absolutely no remorse while he was being sentenced.

Link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-14761213)

they should have tested that new body liquifier (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?p=516402) out on him.

Oreka Bailoak
09-02-2011, 05:39 PM
Harvard studies show that 4% of people lack a conscious mind. This means they're incapable of feeling compassion for others and are only genetically capable about thinking of their own self-interests. If given the opportunity to kill someone and they know nobody will find out and there's a benefit in it for them- they will take the opportunity.

"Minds differ more than faces" - Voltaire

http://www.amazon.com/Sociopath-Next-Door-Martha-Stout/dp/0767915828/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1314984986&sr=8-1

[Dr.] Stout says that as many as 4% of the population are conscienceless sociopaths who have no empathy or affectionate feelings for humans or animals.

People need to avoid persons with this personality type no matter how attractive they may look. They're actually fairly easy to spot.

Aces High
09-02-2011, 05:45 PM
If i were her father/brother/uncle/cousin i would be already counting down the months until his release....into my waiting arms.....in fact i would be hoping they cut his sentence down on appeal..

Hess
09-02-2011, 05:52 PM
Did he get his free breakfast?

Neanderthal
09-02-2011, 06:00 PM
Motherdouchebag. She was a pretty girl, she didn't deserve it :(

The Lawspeaker
09-02-2011, 06:15 PM
This cunt deserves a "Balthasar Gérard (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balthasar_G%C3%A9rard)":

The magistrates decreed that the right hand of Gérard should be burned off with a red-hot iron, that his flesh should be torn from his bones with pincers in six different places, that he should be quartered and disemboweled alive, his heart torn from his bosom and flung in his face, and that, finally, his head should be taken off.[1]

In the first night of his imprisonment Gérard was hung on a pole and lashed with a whip. After that his wounds were smeared with honey and a goat was brought to lick the honey off his skin with his sharp tongue. The goat however refused to touch the body of the sentenced. After this and other tortures he was left the night with his hands and feet bound together, as a ball, so he couldn't sleep. During the following three days, he was repeatedly mocked and hung on the pole with his hands tied behind his back. Then a weight of 300 metric pounds (150 kg) was attached to each of his big toes for half an hour. After this half hour Gérard was fitted with shoes made of well-oiled, raw dog's leather; the shoes were two fingers shorter than his feet. In this state he was put before a fire. When the shoes warmed up, they contracted, crushing the feet inside them to stumps. When the shoes were removed, his half-broiled skin was torn off. After his feet were damaged, his armpits were branded. After that he was dressed in a shirt soaked in alcohol. Then burning bacon fat was poured over him and sharp nails were stuck between the flesh and the nails of his hands and feet. Gérard is said to have remained calm during his torture. On 14 July 1584 Gérard was executed.

Aces High
09-02-2011, 06:27 PM
Do you know what the Afghan women do to you if they catch you...?

They simply cut round your waist and pull up your skin to your neck and wrists like pulling up a jumper.....then they kick you over in the sand and let the ants and sun do the rest...it takes about a week for you to meet your maker in an agonizing manner.

No wonder kipling wrote "when you're wounded and left on Afghanistans plains,and the women come out to cut up what remains,just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,and go to your god like a soldier".