PDA

View Full Version : Would Romanians voluntarily Hellenise themselves for a Hellenic Federation?

poiuytrewq0987
07-27-2011, 06:42 PM
Yes or no.

Nurzat
07-27-2011, 06:46 PM
LOL the only connection romanians have to greeks is the music of the lower classes (manele, chalga, turbofolk, greeko-turko influenced)

there has been a short period (18th-early 19th century) when romania had some strong greek and especially ottoman influence. but nowadays greece seems as far of romania as azerbaidjan or tunisia, no connections maintained

Wanderlust
07-27-2011, 06:47 PM
OMG,Apotheosis...Have mercy on us!

Why would they do that? I suppose you know that the answer is ''NO''.

Gazelle
07-27-2011, 06:51 PM
Weird question. The answer is No. We have survived to numerous foreign invasions, conversion was never an option.

Nurzat
07-27-2011, 06:52 PM
greeks are quite hairy. hair on chest and back is always strange

poiuytrewq0987
07-27-2011, 06:55 PM
OMG,Apotheosis...Have mercy on us!

Why would they do that? I suppose you know that the answer is ''NO''.

:P

Actually, things could've been very different if the Romans failed to conquer Greece. The Balkans could've become a stronghold for Hellenic culture and language instead of just isolated at the very end of the peninsula (modern Greece borders).

So... Romanians I suggest you to throw off Romanoitalian influences and embrace your Balkan brothers and become Greecians. :D

Peerkons
07-27-2011, 06:57 PM
Apotheosis,

http://www.wiichat.com/forum/attachments/anime-lounge/8648-hanamaru-kindergarten-plz-stop-post.jpg

Wanderlust
07-27-2011, 07:01 PM

Actually, things could've been very different if the Romans failed to conquer Greece. The Balkans could've become a stronghold for Hellenic culture and language instead of just isolated at the very end of the peninsula (modern Greece borders).

So... Romanians I suggest you to throw off Romanoitalian influences and embrace your Balkan brothers and become Greecians. :D

You're the biggest troll ever! :p
But I like you so I forgive you.:rolleyes:

Nurzat
07-27-2011, 07:01 PM

don't forget that ONLY south romania in in the balkans, geographically and historically and GENETICALLY :) as for me, south romanians could embrace hellenism, i don't care

poiuytrewq0987
07-27-2011, 07:09 PM
don't forget that ONLY south romania in in the balkans, geographically and historically and GENETICALLY :) as for me, south romanians could embrace hellenism, i don't care

I am from Vardarska and I cluster very close with Romanians which isn't at all surprising since they're also Balkanoids i.e. Hellenes-in-denial.

Nurzat
07-27-2011, 07:18 PM
I am from Vardarska and I cluster very close with Romanians which isn't at all surprising since they're also Balkanoids i.e. Hellenes-in-denial.

romanians are 20 million, they cluster from as south as bulgarians to as north as ukrainians-southern poles... i cluster even more to the northwest. actually on POPRES i was quite far of any balkan / north balkan place, into central european clusters, and north romanians usually cluster there. north romania is much more slavic genetically than southern serbia or all bulgaria

south romanians are indeed balkanoids

HungAryan
07-27-2011, 07:31 PM
They would probably never do that.

Volkodav
07-31-2011, 05:04 AM
A trans-Carpatic federation along side with Slovakia and Hungary would be best, but it should be based on commerce rights and economic growth, and not on politic or nationalism.

romanians are 20 million, they cluster from as south as bulgarians to as north as ukrainians-southern poles... i cluster even more to the northwest. actually on POPRES i was quite far of any balkan / north balkan place, into central european clusters, and north romanians usually cluster there. north romania is much more slavic genetically than southern serbia or all bulgaria

You must go outside and speak with girls. :rolleyes:

Husaria
07-31-2011, 05:46 AM

Romanians in general are probably more Slavic than Serbs,Bulgarians, Bosnians & Macedonians by genes.

They have more R1a haplogorup than those do.

North Romanians are more Slavic than that.

poiuytrewq0987
07-31-2011, 08:07 AM
Romanians in general are probably more Slavic than Serbs,Bulgarians, Bosnians & Macedonians by genes.

They have more R1a haplogorup than those do.

North Romanians are more Slavic than that.

Slavic culture is a derivative of Hellenism anyhow.