PDA

View Full Version : Do you like spicy food?

MustafaTekin
11-08-2019, 09:29 PM
https://penntoday.upenn.edu/sites/default/files/2019-02/spicypeppers.jpg

Celestia
11-08-2019, 09:30 PM
I like my food like I like my men.
Extra bland.

itilvolga
11-08-2019, 09:39 PM
Intermediate is the best. Neither too spicy nor too savorless.

Smitty
11-08-2019, 09:43 PM
No. A burning mouth takes the joy out of eating for me. I prefer subtle flavors anyway. Heavy spices of any kind are sort of an assault on the senses and drown out base flavors. Salt usually does the trick.

Brás Garcia de Mascarenhas
11-08-2019, 09:43 PM
I love spicy food. I make my own homemade piri-piri with whisky and olive oil.

Bakha
11-08-2019, 09:59 PM
I love spicy, very spicy food and lots of different herbs/spices too. In fact I can eat such spicy food without any problem that would make European weak man die
Btw Europeans stoled spices from us hundreds of years ago and still haven’t figured out how to use them, I can’t stand bland European food.

grecoroman
11-08-2019, 10:08 PM
I like my food like I like my men.
Extra bland.

Burned??

grecoroman
11-08-2019, 10:09 PM
I do like a spicy couscous with lamb

Turul Karom
11-08-2019, 10:18 PM
I absolutely love spicy food.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/0f/8a/00/0f8a002de03b0c761674ef08dca41404.jpg
https://www.hungariangoods.com.au/873-thickbox_default/angry-haragos-pista-150g.jpg

Brás Garcia de Mascarenhas
11-08-2019, 10:18 PM
I love spicy, very spicy food and lots of different herbs/spices too. In fact I can eat such spicy food without any problem that would make European weak man die
Btw Europeans stoled spices from us hundreds of years ago and still haven’t figured out how to use them, I can’t stand bland European food.

Europeans stoles spices from "us", who? Russians? Uzbeks? Please, neither country comes to anyone's mind when you think of spices and the majority of spices are not native to either country. They just happened to be part of the pre-Age of Discovery spice route. It was only with the Age of Discovery that the majority of spices were introduced, widespread and made available in Europe through the maritime route from Portugal to India.

Celestia
11-08-2019, 10:20 PM
Burned??

You can’t make a joke on top of my joke :)

Batavia
11-08-2019, 10:22 PM
I can´t understand why people like spicy food.

Turul Karom
11-08-2019, 10:34 PM
I can´t understand why people like spicy food.

Because it's the most delicious. Spicy food warms the heart and hot peppers, powder or sauce makes everything taste better. Generally the spicier the better. It allows food to be savored more too. Bland food is just shoveled down mindlessly. Hot peppers add depth.

https://i.imgur.com/CQX7wDf.jpg

grecoroman
11-08-2019, 10:39 PM
Because it's the most delicious. Spicy food warms the heart and hot peppers, powder or sauce makes everything taste better. Generally the spicier the better. It allows food to be savored more too. Bland food is just shoveled down mindlessly. Hot peppers add depth.

https://i.imgur.com/CQX7wDf.jpg

Goulash tastes good

Alenka
11-09-2019, 12:13 AM
Yep, it's delicious to me. Sometimes I also like to really contrast it, by first eating an almost unbearable, spicy as hell meal, followed by some freezing icecream as dessert. Yum.

Carlito's Way
11-09-2019, 12:27 AM
what Europeans think of spicy food, to us Mexicans its not spicy at all LOL
you guys do not know what spicy food is until you tried Mexican cuisine which chile peppers originated in Mexico and were eaten by Amerindians as part of their diet

another cuisine to me that is spicy is Thai food
I dont understand the hype about Indian food because I dont find their cuisine spicy since their spiciness consists of paprika, a chile powder that is nowhere near spicy
while Mexicans and Thais actually use real chile peppers to marinate their food and create sauces

chile pequin is spicy, none of you guys would be able to handle it but this little mexican boy did

"Pequin peppers are very hot, often 5-8 times hotter than jalapeńos on the Scoville scale (30,000 to 60,000 Units). Flavor is described as citrusy, smoky (if dried with wood smoke), and nutty."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHUdhXvYDas

jingorex
11-09-2019, 12:30 AM
No.

edit: thinking about it now i dont mind spice on eggs.

i hate eggs and will use Tabasco or salsa to spice it up.

noodles too. i hate noodles. so anything i dont like, i will spice up.

for me, the spice and hotness just masks the flavor of the other ingredients and when i eat a fucking taco, i want to tase the meat, cheese, tomato and vegies.

Carlito's Way
11-09-2019, 12:32 AM
No.

arent you from cali????

jingorex
11-09-2019, 12:44 AM
arent you from cali????

Washington State.

I didnt even know what spicy was until i went in the Army.

Turul Karom
11-09-2019, 01:08 AM
what Europeans think of spicy food, to us Hungarians its not spicy at all LOL

Fixed that haha

you guys do not know what spicy food is until you tried Mexican cuisine which chile peppers originated in Mexico and were eaten by Amerindians as part of their diet

I've had especia roja sauces that have chocolate habanero as their pepper mash. I find Mexican style sauces are good but also hit and miss because sometimes have too much tomato flavor rather than pepper. The ones worth trying are also expensive to ship.

another cuisine to me that is spicy is Thai food
I dont understand the hype about Indian food because I dont find their cuisine spicy since their spiciness consists of paprika, a chile powder that is nowhere near spicy
while Mexicans and Thais actually use real chile peppers to marinate their food and create sauces

Real peppers are superior to everything else. I refuse to eat extracts or sauces with extracts because capsaicin extract or crystals tastes like garbage.

chile pequin is spicy, none of you guys would be able to handle it but this little mexican boy did

"Pequin peppers are very hot, often 5-8 times hotter than jalapeńos on the Scoville scale (30,000 to 60,000 Units). Flavor is described as citrusy, smoky (if dried with wood smoke), and nutty."

Pequin? Any thing less than habanero just adds flavor and little heat at this point. Smoked garlic, orange habanero and lightly smoked chocolate habanero in a mash together are great.

Dna8
11-09-2019, 01:18 AM
Too much spice sullies the seashells by the sea shore taking pleasure from my being sated.

Too-da-loo,

Dna8

jingorex
11-09-2019, 01:32 AM
Too much spice sullies the seashells by the sea shore taking pleasure from my being sated.

Too-da-loo,

Dna8

CHURCH.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l3Ucgb4BMPQLK0hWM/giphy.gif

Dna8
11-09-2019, 01:41 AM
CHURCH.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l3Ucgb4BMPQLK0hWM/giphy.gif

https://media1.giphy.com/media/l396GAAJfUxtABYCA/giphy.gif

Dna8
11-09-2019, 01:42 AM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/CornyGlassJaguar-size_restricted.gif

Dna8
11-09-2019, 01:43 AM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/GoodWellgroomedDobermanpinscher-size_restricted.gif

Turul Karom
11-10-2019, 09:08 AM
Intermediate is the best. Neither too spicy nor too savorless.

"Spice" is different from "spicy" though. Everyone (well, most everyone) likes to have their food seasoned with spices. However, the differences begin in earnest when heat is added to the equation. What level of heat do you like, and what sorts of peppers?

Maintenance
11-10-2019, 09:35 AM
Not really, and when i think of spicy food i think of Thai food.

catgeorge
11-10-2019, 09:37 AM
Don't like Asian food.

Egyvalaki
11-10-2019, 09:42 AM
Yes, i like it until a certain point. Until the taste of food is enjoyable.

itilvolga
11-10-2019, 09:43 AM
"Spice" is different from "spicy" though. Everyone (well, most everyone) likes to have their food seasoned with spices. However, the differences begin in earnest when heat is added to the equation. What level of heat do you like, and what sorts of peppers?

I don’t like heated food that much, but i am able to eat them.

I only eat pickled pepper and some powdered ones on foods. I don’t put much, though.
Also my favourite spice is thyme.

Turul Karom
11-10-2019, 10:02 AM
Yes, i like it until a certain point. Until the taste of food is enjoyable.

What products do you use to cook?

Don't like Asian food.

What spicy foods do you like at all then?

I don’t like heated food that much, but i am able to eat them.

I only eat pickled pepper and some powdered ones on foods. I don’t put much, though.
Also my favourite spice is thyme.

I don't like pickled or fermented foods, despite that I know they are good for health because they have good bacteria.

I like powdered pepper (paprika) in the stereotypical way in that I like to use a lot of it while cooking but only if it is of the hot kind. Hot pepper paprika is my favorite spice. The sweet kind I mostly use for making dips for guests who don't like it as hot or for adding color quickly in a garnish.

My second favorite is garlic.

Despite what some might think, you can order Hungarian paprika in all kinds of heat levels. Hungarian mills can also custom grind them based on the levels of heat desired.

Egyvalaki
11-10-2019, 10:38 AM
What products do you use to cook?
Many things, i mean everything what we want to eat. But if we are speaking about spicyness, there is one food which i can eat only if it's really spicy, this is fish soup.

Voskos
11-10-2019, 10:41 AM
Yes. I use paprika whenever i can.

Turul Karom
11-10-2019, 11:03 AM
Many things, i mean everything what we want to eat. But if we are speaking about spicyness, there is one food which i can eat only if it's really spicy, this is fish soup.

Interesting, why only fish? I don't eat seafood. My favorite foods are bread, beans and vegetables in soup and hearty stews and my own recipe for very spicy krumplis tészta.

WeirdLookingFellow
11-10-2019, 11:08 AM
I got these nice two jars fermenting for almost 2 weeks now, I'm going to leave them for a month so the flavors can develop better.

The one on the left is a mix of mostly Bhut Jolokhia, Scotch Bonnet and some white habaneros.

Rightie, tho, is mostly Carolina Reaper with some 7 pot Habaneros and whatever didn't fit in the left jar (some white habaneros, a scotch bonnet, not enough to mellow the final product).

These babies are going to become Sriracha basically, probably with some garlic in. I already have two other sauces that I made with mostly red thai chillies, 7 pot habanero and scotch bonnets.

Needless to say, Haragas Pista is baby food at this point. I also don't like it as it's horribly salty usually.

https://puu.sh/ECSVm/b7846ffdcc.jpg

dududud
11-10-2019, 11:12 AM
No. Cela me donne la chiasse et des maux de ventre.

WeirdLookingFellow
11-10-2019, 11:15 AM
I also have a nice story about when I prepped the peppers for the two jars. I didn't use gloves because I thought that as long as I don't touch my eyes or stuff and wash immediately after, there's no problem. Of course, after 4 rounds of dish and normal soap, I still couldn't touch anything without it seeming hit with pepper spray. So I looked up how to get rid of the capsaicin on my hands and, of course, you can use alcohol to basically dissolve the oils.

I have, therefore, unconsciously, created what is basically the strongest muscle pain / rheumatic treatment in the world. All the capsaicin penetrated my hands and they burned for hours. For the next 36 hours, my hands were consistently warm as if I always kept them near a fire. The circulation in my hands has been the best in my entire 24 years of life.

Without wanting, I recreated at home those Chinese bandages with hot pepper used to relieve back pain, then wrapped them around my hands.

Needless to say I will be using gloves from now on.

RandomGuy20
11-10-2019, 11:19 AM
Yep, I'm always adding heaps of dried chilli flakes to my food. My family looks at me like I'm crazy lol
Chilli currys are one of my favourite foods.

Egyvalaki
11-10-2019, 11:22 AM
Interesting, why only fish? I don't eat seafood. My favorite foods are bread, beans and vegetables in soup and hearty stews and my own recipe for very spicy krumplis tészta.

I don't know. I like fish soup and i like seafoods too. But i can't eat krumplis tészta. Somehow i don't like pasta and potato together even it's my father's favorite.

Turul Karom
11-10-2019, 11:32 AM
I got these nice two jars fermenting for almost 2 weeks now, I'm going to leave them for a month so the flavors can develop better.

The one on the left is a mix of mostly Bhut Jolokhia, Scotch Bonnet and some white habaneros.

Rightie, tho, is mostly Carolina Reaper with some 7 pot Habaneros and whatever didn't fit in the left jar (some white habaneros, a scotch bonnet, not enough to mellow the final product).

These babies are going to become Sriracha basically, probably with some garlic in. I already have two other sauces that I made with mostly red thai chillies, 7 pot habanero and scotch bonnets.

Needless to say, Haragas Pista is baby food at this point. I also don't like it as it's horribly salty usually.

https://puu.sh/ECSVm/b7846ffdcc.jpg

Warmest greetings to a fellow man of patrician taste in peppers (and garlic). Do you also make your own black garlic?

It's an additive for cooking more than anything else which is the reason why it's so salty. It can also replace the salt in a dish. I don't know why some people think it can be used as a spread unless in small quantities, unless you like getting punched with salt, which I do not. I agree that for me, Haragos Pista has grown far more mild but that is the price of chasing the flavorful heat. I will not do extracts, however, as they don't add flavor and I don't like the synthetic-like nature of them (smell, taste, etc).

Have you ever made liquors with your peppers?

WeirdLookingFellow
11-10-2019, 11:40 AM
Warmest greetings to a fellow man of patrician taste in peppers (and garlic). Do you also make your own black garlic?

It's an additive for cooking more than anything else which is the reason why it's so salty. It can also replace the salt in a dish. I don't know why some people think it can be used as a spread unless in small quantities, unless you like getting punched with salt, which I do not. I agree that for me, Haragos Pista has grown far more mild but that is the price of chasing the flavorful heat. I will not do extracts, however, as they don't add flavor and I don't like the synthetic-like nature of them (smell, taste, etc).

Have you ever made liquors with your peppers?

Greetings to you too, friend.

Black garlic requires a dehydrator, which I don't have. Or those ovens where they can act as dehydrators, but I don't have one of those either, although I have looked into it to see if I can try to make it. I haven't bought any extracts either as it's just plain pain, no flavor.

I've never heard of pepper liquor. I have made my own beer and you can add hot sauce to the ferment to make it spicy.

Turul Karom
11-10-2019, 11:54 AM
I also have a nice story about when I prepped the peppers for the two jars. I didn't use gloves because I thought that as long as I don't touch my eyes or stuff and wash immediately after, there's no problem. Of course, after 4 rounds of dish and normal soap, I still couldn't touch anything without it seeming hit with pepper spray. So I looked up how to get rid of the capsaicin on my hands and, of course, you can use alcohol to basically dissolve the oils.

I have, therefore, unconsciously, created what is basically the strongest muscle pain / rheumatic treatment in the world. All the capsaicin penetrated my hands and they burned for hours. For the next 36 hours, my hands were consistently warm as if I always kept them near a fire. The circulation in my hands has been the best in my entire 24 years of life.

Without wanting, I recreated at home those Chinese bandages with hot pepper used to relieve back pain, then wrapped them around my hands.

Needless to say I will be using gloves from now on.

I am a firm believer in the concept of super hot peppers for internal use to help keep the body fit. We fire eaters have healthy forms. The key is to eat enough to that the capsaicin can properly circulate through your body in large enough quantities to make a difference.

I have no internal or physical issues (besides certain food intolerances, of which one is not peppers obviously but rather dairy, which rips up my stomach), and don't subscribe to the idea that hot peppers magically keep one perfectly healthy forever. But ultra hot peppers keeps the circulation going well and are also high in vitamin C (originally discovered from analyzing Hungarian paprika!), and as circulatory issues are one of the main problems of a nutrient-poor modern society, hot peppers are a staple ideal of any diet.

Turul Karom
11-10-2019, 12:02 PM
I don't know. I like fish soup and i like seafoods too. But i can't eat krumplis tészta. Somehow i don't like pasta and potato together even it's my father's favorite.

I could not live without krumplis tészta, because it is a favorite comfort food of mine and also very easy to pack while on-the-go. It can be heated quickly, and if one wants to be adventurous, mix in some ground or thin chopped vegetables. It is a good thing to cook in bulk.

Voskos
11-10-2019, 12:04 PM
Trying Louisiana tabasco is a must for all spicy food lovers imo.

Turul Karom
11-10-2019, 12:06 PM
Trying Louisiana tabasco is a must for all spicy food lovers imo.

What sort of peppers do they use and what is their flowing agent, if they add any?

Egyvalaki
11-10-2019, 12:08 PM
I could not live without krumplis tészta, because it is a favorite comfort food of mine and also very easy to pack while on-the-go. It can be heated quickly, and if one wants to be adventurous, mix in some ground or thin chopped vegetables. It is a good thing to cook in bulk.

:D Yeah, it's easy to make it, but i can't eat from this. A year ago i tried but i just couln't put it to m mouth. :D

Voskos
11-10-2019, 12:09 PM
Originally all peppers used in Tabasco were grown on Avery Island. Today peppers grown on the Island are used to produce seed stock, which is then shipped to foreign growers[10] primarily in Central and South America. More predictable weather and readily available farmland in these locales allow a constant year-round supply. This ensures the availability of peppers should severe weather or other problems occur at a particular growing location.

Following company tradition, peppers are picked by hand. To ensure ripeness, pickers compare peppers to a little red stick (le petit bâton rouge); peppers that match the color of the stick are then introduced into the sauce production process. Peppers are ground into a mash on the day of harvest and placed along with salt in white oak barrels previously used for whiskey of various distilleries[11]). To prepare the barrel, the inside of the barrel is de-charred (top layer of wood is removed), torched, and cleaned, to minimize the presence of any residual whiskey. The barrels are then used in warehouses on Avery Island for aging the mash.

After aging for up to three years, the mash is strained to remove skins and seeds. The resulting liquid is then mixed with distilled vinegar, stirred occasionally for a month, and then bottled as finished sauce.[12] Tabasco has released a Tabasco reserve edition with peppers aged for up to eight years, mixed with wine vinegar.[13]

Tabasco diamond reserve edition was a limited bottling released in 2018 to commemorate the brand's 150th anniversary. This sauce consists of peppers that have been aged for up to fifteen years, then mixed with sparkling white wine vinegar.[14]

Much of the salt used in Tabasco production comes from an Avery Island salt mine, one of the largest in the U.S.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tabasco_sauce

WeirdLookingFellow
11-10-2019, 12:09 PM
I am a firm believer in the concept of super hot peppers for internal use to help keep the body fit. We fire eaters have healthy forms. The key is to eat enough to that the capsaicin can properly circulate through your body in large enough quantities to make a difference.

I have no internal or physical issues (besides certain food intolerances, of which one is not peppers obviously but rather dairy, which rips up my stomach), and don't subscribe to the idea that hot peppers magically keep one perfectly healthy forever. But ultra hot peppers keeps the circulation going well and are also high in vitamin C (originally discovered from analyzing Hungarian paprika!), and as circulatory issues are one of the main problems of a nutrient-poor modern society, hot peppers are a staple ideal of any diet.

I am a huge proponent of fermented foods, including kefir, sauerkraut, fermented pickles, etc. The hot sauce is mostly for flavor and because most on the market are not fermented, but have vinegar.

Turul Karom
11-10-2019, 12:10 PM
:D Yeah, it's easy to make it, but i can't eat from this. A year ago i tried but i just couln't put it to m mouth. :D

I find that interesting, lol, was the issue the texture or smell or was it just not cool to eat as a kid because it was your father's food?

Egyvalaki
11-10-2019, 07:02 PM
I find that interesting, lol, was the issue the texture or smell or was it just not cool to eat as a kid because it was your father's food?

No, i just remembered the taste (before i used to eat it) and i realized i don't like it. :)

Aldaris
11-10-2019, 07:16 PM
It adds a whole new dimension to the food, I love that stuff. Spicy Indian curries are at the top of my list of favorite dishes. Szechwan cuisine is a fucking treat aswell.

Ylla
11-10-2019, 07:19 PM
It depends on what I am eating, some foods are great with spices others not, sometimes the rustic, savoury taste of the food is enough,like some roasted dishes.

Carlito's Way
11-12-2019, 06:22 AM
Washington State.

I didnt even know what spicy was until i went in the Army.

oh dang, you shouldve grown up in cali
you wouldve been a jalapeńo king lol

i would say most Californians enjoy their spicy food regardless of their race/ethnic group

Carlito's Way
11-12-2019, 06:31 AM
Fixed that haha

Hungarian food isnt spicy bro LOL maybe among Europeans that is but no way is it spicy among real spicy cuisines

I've had especia roja sauces that have chocolate habanero as their pepper mash.

those sauces are not Mexican but American

I find Mexican style sauces are good but also hit and miss because sometimes have too much tomato flavor rather than pepper. The ones worth trying are also expensive to ship.

Especia Roja is American, not Mexican
our sauces contain more peppers and less tomatoes/tomatillos
many of our sauces also only contain chile peppers

I want you to do an experiment using this salsa recipe (this is not spicy for us but considered very spicy for non-mexicans)
I want you to recreate this same salsa and record your people trying it, a spoonful and I want to see their reaction towards their suppose tolerance over spicy food

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDv7SiWt-Wg

pass me a "spicy" Hungarian recipe lol

HelloGuys
11-12-2019, 07:16 AM
Not too much; just a little

Turul Karom
11-12-2019, 07:21 AM
Hungarian food isnt spicy bro LOL maybe among Europeans that is but no way is it spicy among real spicy cuisines

those sauces are not Mexican but American

Especia Roja is American, not Mexican
our sauces contain more peppers and less tomatoes/tomatillos
many of our sauces also only contain chile peppers

I want you to do an experiment using this salsa recipe (this is not spicy for us but considered very spicy for non-mexicans)
I want you to recreate this same salsa and record your people trying it, a spoonful and I want to see their reaction towards their suppose tolerance over spicy food

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDv7SiWt-Wg

pass me a "spicy" Hungarian recipe lol

Have you even had a hot Hungarian meal with good hot peppers? Hungarian peppers are grown in prime soil and sun conditions. Peppers aren't treated the same in the Americas. Hungarian paprika is nothing like American paprika. Even the "pride of Szeged" brand is not Hungarian. They just use the name. American paprika is usually bitter and dark colored, but proper paprika is bright red or bright orange and could reach redness enough to almost be a dye. You're not going to have an accurate representation of Hungarian paprika powder unless you import it from a supplier.

You realize the majority of Hungarian dishes require hot pepper, right? Asking "give you a spicy Hungarian dish" is like asking "give me a spicy salsa recipe". It is purely dependent on the peppers used. Paprika is just ground pepper. That's it. The peppers you showed are no different than the Hungarian variety of red peppers. You can purchase ultra hot paprika from Hungarian suppliers like Rubin and they average habanero level of heat on the average requests for hotter powder. If you want a spicy Hungarian meal, take any Hungarian meal recipe that requires hot pepper and simply add for the paprika of your choice.

Spanish paprika is usually smoked. Hungarian export paprika is usually of the sweet variety while the Hungarian domestic market prefers hotter paprika.

It sounds like I would enjoy a "real" Mexican pepper powder or salsa then. But apparently there are plenty of Americans who also cannot handle their paprika.

https://youtu.be/RkXjLTlpr8c

Turul Karom
11-12-2019, 08:04 AM
pass me a "spicy" Hungarian recipe

Here's a great video example actually of what I mean. From news covering hot pepper festival in Kalocsa. Lots of great Hungarian national dishes made with hot peppers, and there are always hot pepper eating contests. Kalocsa and Szeged are paprika rivals for quality and heat.

https://youtu.be/EAbC8xjw5-Q

Blondie
11-12-2019, 08:37 AM
Hungarian food isnt spicy bro LOL

LOL you have no idea what are you talking about Taco Boi :rotfl:

Carlito's Way
11-17-2019, 06:07 AM
LOL you have no idea what are you talking about Taco Boi :rotfl:

i do have an idea, bland chinky mayo mami
im mexican

Carlito's Way
11-17-2019, 06:09 AM
Here's a great video example actually of what I mean. From news covering hot pepper festival in Kalocsa. Lots of great Hungarian national dishes made with hot peppers, and there are always hot pepper eating contests. Kalocsa and Szeged are paprika rivals for quality and heat.

https://youtu.be/EAbC8xjw5-Q

bro, hungarian peppers are not spicy, those red hungarian peppers are not even spicer than jalapeńos
i want a dish that actually uses real spicy peppers with a lot of heat

Daco Celtic
11-17-2019, 06:23 AM
I do but it gives me heartburn

Nurzat
11-17-2019, 06:30 AM
yes, I eat spicy, so spicy it burns my asshole

Blondie
11-17-2019, 07:45 AM
i do have an idea, bland chinky mayo mami
im mexican

That's why you know nothing about Europe.

Turul Karom
11-17-2019, 02:23 PM
bro, hungarian peppers are not spicy, those red hungarian peppers are not even spicer than jalapeńos
i want a dish that actually uses real spicy peppers with a lot of heat

Did you even read my post? Those are the same peppers used in the pan recipe you gave. The same. Hungarian long light color peppers sold in American markets have a higher heat than a jalapeno and we call them sweet. The hot pepper we call Hungarian "hot" is even hotter than that and are those reds from your pan cooked salsa video.

Give you a recipe? Did you watch the video at all? You can use as many hot peppers as you want in any Hungarian paprika dish. The pepper bread is literally hot peppers blended into a paste and stuffed into bread.

I'll repeat this again since you apparently missed it.

You realize the majority of Hungarian dishes require hot pepper, right? Asking "give you a spicy Hungarian dish" is like asking "give me a spicy salsa recipe". It is purely dependent on the peppers used. Paprika is just ground pepper. That's it. The peppers you showed are no different than the Hungarian variety of red peppers. You can purchase ultra hot paprika from Hungarian suppliers like Rubin and they average habanero level of heat on the average requests for hotter powder. If you want a spicy Hungarian meal, take any Hungarian meal recipe that requires hot pepper and simply add for the paprika of your choice.

farke1
11-17-2019, 02:31 PM
I love it, and eat it pretty regularly. Hottest I can comfortably handle is about 500,000 Scoville units but I've eaten a million before and lived. I've seen a hot sauce online that's allegedly 3.5 million Scoville units and I've been tempted to buy it, but I think it'd be too hot for me to actually enjoy.

MustafaTekin
11-17-2019, 04:29 PM
Before I drink soup I add two tablespoons of red pepper flakes.

http://www.yemek.yt/uploads/postlar/pul-biberli-kirmizi-mercimek-corbasi-tarifi-697.jpg

when I eat turkish meat dishes, then I must have regular green pepper or pickled green pepper (more spicy!).
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-owd4nUpF50w/T1WBcm__DJI/AAAAAAAAAcs/qQS-JH8Epy8/s1600/004.JPG
https://i.nefisyemektarifleri.com/2018/11/15/tam-olcusunde-sivri-biber-tursusu-nasil-yapilir-videolu.jpg

this traditional nomad soup is very spicy which makes it delicious in winter. this is almost exclusive for yörüks. i doubt other turks here know this meal
http://www.aktif.be/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/12179549_10207125256797129_1303679400_n.jpg

Turul Karom
11-17-2019, 04:43 PM
Before I drink soup I add two tablespoons of red pepper flakes.

http://www.yemek.yt/uploads/postlar/pul-biberli-kirmizi-mercimek-corbasi-tarifi-697.jpg

when I eat turkish meat dishes, then I must have regular green pepper or pickled green pepper (more spicy!).
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-owd4nUpF50w/T1WBcm__DJI/AAAAAAAAAcs/qQS-JH8Epy8/s1600/004.JPG
https://i.nefisyemektarifleri.com/2018/11/15/tam-olcusunde-sivri-biber-tursusu-nasil-yapilir-videolu.jpg

this traditional nomad soup is very spicy which makes it delicious in winter. this is almost exclusive for yörüks. i doubt other turks here know this meal
http://www.aktif.be/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/12179549_10207125256797129_1303679400_n.jpg

Will you share the ingredients of the nomad soup at the bottom and the types of peppers (the exact breeds if you can) and their heat levels (if traditional to use only a certain pepper type) because I would be interested in comparing with traditional Hungarian recipes and replicating the soup.

Maguzanci
11-17-2019, 04:57 PM
Yes. Like very spicy. With Bird eye chilis.

MustafaTekin
11-17-2019, 04:59 PM
Will you share the ingredients of the nomad soup at the bottom and the types of peppers (the exact breeds if you can) and their heat levels (if traditional to use only a certain pepper type) because I would be interested in comparing with traditional Hungarian recipes and replicating the soup.

It's called arabaşı çorbası.

I'll ask my mother for the recipe.

Turul Karom
11-17-2019, 05:28 PM
I do but it gives me heartburn

Advice for you:

Plain hot peppers are good for heartburn! It is what they are paired with that causes the issues.

1) eat more carbohydrates with the meal and less fats, a lot less.
2) don't eat vinegar or very acidic foods without a balance to avoid acid in stomach.
3) avoid artificial spice extracts and "enhancers".