PDA

View Full Version : Do good looking people know they are good looking?

Richmondbread
11-11-2019, 05:53 PM
My father was average but my mother was indeed beautiful. I know this to be true, from an objective stand point. She had beautiful bone structure, always meticulously dressed, was model thin, and rather tall for her Era (5'7.5) She did modeling in New York and was also a part time actress. Yet, she never felt beautiful, or pretty enough. Even as she entered middle age she was attractive. She got hit on by lots of men. But she felt plain . She would stand in front of the mirror and beat her hair brush on the table and scream about how hideous she looked. I wonder if people under estimate their beauty? Or maybe this is just something women do. I am a man , and I can very well know I am hopelessly average. I suppose I didn't inherit my mom's or good looks. My Great-Grandfather was the most handsome man in Richmond. Not me. Average people seem to know they're average, but do beautiful people know they're beautiful?

Batavia
11-11-2019, 05:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyx6JDQCslE

Marinus
11-11-2019, 06:06 PM
If they happen to not be aware, then eveyone else around them will remind them.

Jana
11-11-2019, 06:31 PM
Not all of them do.

Iskander
11-14-2019, 08:41 AM
Not always, although behaviour of people around will tell you
very soon

Richmondbread
11-14-2019, 06:01 PM
I have had a total of maybe 5 women (outside my family) tell me that I was handsome. I assume that means I'm only slightly above average.

Cristiano viejo
11-14-2019, 06:07 PM
As a good-looking person, no, I dont know I am a good-looking person :D

Hurrem sultana
11-14-2019, 06:07 PM
Yes they do,they will just not tell you that.So your mom probably knew

Kraftwerk
11-14-2019, 06:08 PM
I have had a total of maybe 5 women (outside my family) tell me that I was handsome. I assume that means I'm only slightly above average.

Haha, it's same here. When I was child, they were calling so. Now, even my family, relatives don't say so lol.
As answer, yes. I'm sure they know. Also, daily lookism may remind it frequently too.

Richmondbread
11-14-2019, 06:09 PM
Yes they do,they will just not tell you that.So your mom probably knew

Yes, but after she turned 40, she was worried her looks would start to quickly fade , and I think that must be a difficult thing for the "beautiful people" to go through. So she died at 52. Sad.

Richmondbread
11-14-2019, 06:10 PM
Haha, it's same here. When I was child, they were calling so. Now, even my family, relatives don't say so lol.
As answer, yes. I'm sure they know. Also, daily lookism may remind it frequently too.

For men, though, looks seem to be regarded mostly about height. At barely 5'11 , I don't impress. However, I could have the face of a vamp, but if I were 6'3 I bet I would get called "handsome" more often.

Kraftwerk
11-14-2019, 06:13 PM
For men, though, looks seem to be regarded mostly about height. At barely 5'11 , I don't impress. However, I could have the face of a vamp, but if I were 6'3 I bet I would get called "handsome" more often.

5'11" is where things go hot. 5'11" Brad Pitt could get most of women in Western world with a body and face like that. Face>height after 5'9", also body built, fitness are important factors.

Hurrem sultana
11-14-2019, 06:17 PM
Yes, but after she turned 40, she was worried her looks would start to quickly fade , and I think that must be a difficult thing for the "beautiful people" to go through. So she died at 52. Sad.

The way you wrote it it sounds she died because she did not want to see her looks fad.which is not true i know

You said she was an actress ,was she in any movies we can watch?

Batavia
11-14-2019, 06:29 PM
A good looking woman always knows it.

Richmondbread
11-14-2019, 07:28 PM
The way you wrote it it sounds she died because she did not want to see her looks fad.which is not true i know

You said she was an actress ,was she in any movies we can watch?

No, she was in the Actor's studio and did some plays, but not film. She decided it wasn't for her and got married. She did some modeling ads with both face and hands. I don't have any copies of it , though. I think truthfully, it was partly the reason she died young. Fear and anxiety cause stress and stress can cause illness.

Celestia
11-14-2019, 07:31 PM
I think most people have insecurities. Regardless of how attractive they are.

Babak
11-14-2019, 07:35 PM
Depends on the person. Some people just aren't aware until people around them let them know how attractive they are.

lonewolfcypriot
11-14-2019, 07:38 PM
i think most beautiful people know they are beautiful.

Insuperable
11-14-2019, 07:40 PM
What if they do know and what if they don't know?

Trouble
11-14-2019, 07:41 PM
Yeah they know. Good looking guys know cause they get unsolicited attention from females while women think they are attractive by default(whether they are or not).

ĮGUIA
11-14-2019, 08:01 PM
Not all good looking individual feels good looking or confident, for a myriad of reasons. Most though, will understand how their appearance is usually perceived by others. Despite that, some can still struggle, if for example have been through previous hard conditioning.

Richmondbread
11-14-2019, 08:52 PM
Yeah they know. Good looking guys know cause they get unsolicited attention from females while women think they are attractive by default(whether they are or not).

Only certain kinds that that attention. A goofy guy will not attract women no matter what his appearance is.

Celestia
11-14-2019, 08:53 PM
Only certain kinds that that attention. A goofy guy will not attract women no matter what his appearance is.

Not true at all.
I love goofy and humorous men.

Richmondbread
11-14-2019, 08:54 PM
Not true at all.
I love goofy and humorous men.

But they carry themselves a certain way. Confidence is key.

Celestia
11-14-2019, 08:56 PM
But they carry themselves a certain way. Confidence is key.

I don’t think confidence and humor have any correlation.
Unless you mean goofy in a different context.

TheMaestro
11-14-2019, 08:59 PM
Not always, its works vice versa. There are for example bois or girls who looked bad at youth and started to look really good when the matured, but they are not aware of it.

BakersfieldChimp
11-14-2019, 09:04 PM
We are pack animals. We generally know what broad category we fit into. I do think we tend to overrate and underrate in this category. For instance, a slightly good looking person may overrate themselves and think they are moderately good looking. And a fairly good looking person may underrate themselves and think they are just moderately good looking. Of course, exceptions abound. And the worst are the people who think they are God's gift to the world when they are moderately good looking at best.

A unilateral self-appraisal is never that precise when it comes to looks, brains or talents.

Joso
11-14-2019, 09:24 PM
Most of the time yes, uness they are ADHD or have low confidence