PDA

View Full Version : Alnortedelsur Last Ancestry Update is Finally Here! (2019)

alnortedelsur
11-15-2019, 12:57 AM
Finally, after a long frustrating wait, I just got my Ancestry Update today. Here it goes:

https://i.imgur.com/ItsxME4.png

Rędwald
11-15-2019, 01:30 AM
So many regions, I just got three :lol:

alnortedelsur
11-15-2019, 01:48 AM
So many regions, I just got three :lol:

If I was full European, I would still get 9 regions (8 regions if we don't count "European Jewish" as European) :p

Tenma de Pegasus
11-15-2019, 01:53 AM
I dont understand why you get so low italian

You are Iberian>French>British by far and even 4% Balkanic before Italian lol

alnortedelsur
11-15-2019, 02:08 AM
I dont understand why you get so low italian

You are Iberian>French>British by far and even 4% Balkanic before Italian lol

Yeah, I don't understand it either. I went from being 29% Italian on my previous results to only 3% on this last update :(

And the funny thing is that I have some relatively recent Italian ancestry, coming from my paternal great grandfather, who was an Italian immigrant. Indeed, my first surname is Italian, coming from him.

Even my 23andme results shows recent Italian, mainly from Sicily and Campania.

This change on this ancestry update doesn't make much sense to me. I'm pretty sure the Balkan I score comes from my Italian side. Maybe some of the "French" too.

Tenma de Pegasus
11-15-2019, 02:14 AM
Yeah, I don't understand it either. I went from being 29% Italian on my previous results to only 3% on this last update :(

And the funny thing is that I have some relatively recent Italian ancestry, coming from my paternal great grandfather, who was an Italian immigrant. Indeed, my first surname is Italian, coming from him.

Even my 23andme results shows recent Italian, mainly from Sicily and Campania.

This change on this ancestry update doesn't make much sense to me. I'm pretty sure the Balkan I score comes from my Italian side. Maybe some of the "French" too.

Yeah, maybe your italian is being lost among French, Iberian, Balkanic and Sardinian genetic. Bom palpite.

Smitty
11-15-2019, 02:25 AM
Your Iberian seems low to me. 43% when it ought to be what? 70% or so? I don't know, maybe that's typical.

Where in Italy is your great-grandfather from?

alnortedelsur
11-15-2019, 02:37 AM
Yeah, maybe your italian is being lost among French, Iberian, Balkanic and Sardinian genetic. Bom palpite.

Yeah, I forgot to add Sardinian.

alnortedelsur
11-15-2019, 02:39 AM
Your Iberian seems low to me. 43% when it ought to be what? 70% or so? I don't know, maybe that's typical.

Where in Italy is your great-grandfather from?

I don't know from which part of Italy he was from. We know, however his full name and last name. Same last name I inherited from him, since he was the paternal grandpa of my paternal grandpa.

Regarding my Iberian ancestry, even though I don't seem to score much on these commercial companies, I still get typical Iberian gedmatch results (excluding the Amerindian and SSA of course), just pulling a little bit towards Northern Italy.

Smitty
11-15-2019, 02:53 AM
I don't know from which part of Italy he was from. We know, however his full name and last name. Same last name I inherited from him, since he was the paternal grandpa of my paternal grandpa.

Regarding my Iberian ancestry, even though I don't seem to score much on these commercial companies, I still get typical Iberian gedmatch results (excluding the Amerindian and SSA of course), just pulling a little bit towards Northern Italy.

Yeah, these tests aren't great at distinguishing European ethnicities, so that doesn't surprise me. Your Italian ancestor was maybe North Italian then, if your European components on GEDmatch don't pull you too far from Spain. I would think South Italian would have a noticeable effect.