PDA

View Full Version : Classify Romanian youtuber Andreea Balaban

anaise
11-22-2019, 07:45 PM
https://youtu.be/mGBACDIJzNI

Impaler
11-22-2019, 07:49 PM
She looks like young Patricia Kaas. I would say mostly Noric.

anaise
11-22-2019, 07:55 PM
I think she is Dinarid+Gorid. She has a Dinarid profile and a heart shaped face, to me she is mainly Dinaric. But also light skinned and eyed
(natural hair color is middle brown) and brachy.

Nurzat
11-22-2019, 08:07 PM
Gorid with a Dinaric leaning. as your other youtuber - she looks Slovak/Hungarian/Western Ukrainian for the most.

anaise
11-22-2019, 08:12 PM
Gorid with a Dinaric leaning. as your other youtuber - she looks Slovak/Hungarian/Western Ukrainian for the most.
She is from Buzău, South-East Romania.

Nurzat
11-22-2019, 08:15 PM
She is from Buzău, South-East Romania.

it's irrelevant since she's in no way common for Buzau (or Romania). plus, Communists displaced everyone - you never know where someone's parents or gp were from.

anaise
11-22-2019, 08:17 PM
I lived in Buzau many years and she is nothing special in Buzau, trust me.

ixulescu
11-22-2019, 08:18 PM
it's irrelevant since she's in no way common for Buzau (or Romania). plus, Communists displaced everyone - you never know where someone's parents or gp were from.

Not so much as to push them to a different historical region (if we consider only the 3 major historical regions).

Nurzat
11-22-2019, 08:20 PM
Not so much as to push them to a different historical region (if we consider only the 3 major historical regions).

that's another topic and you're wrong - in Banat there were mostly Moldovans and Moroshans displaced, not neighbours. anyway these girls she's posting look nothing Romanian - they look Eastcentral Euro.

anaise
11-22-2019, 08:22 PM
that's another topic and you're wrong - in Banat there were mostly Moldovans and Moroshans displaced, not neighbours. anyway these girls she's posting look nothing Romanian - they look Eastcentral Euro.
They ARE Romanian. How come they don't look Romanian? They are Romanians from Southern Romania. How should a Romanian look like in your view? 😏

ixulescu
11-22-2019, 08:28 PM

Maybe sometimes it happened but generally if you majored in one of the provincial capitals (like Cluj or Iasi) you would have been given a job in that region.

And btw, neither girl looks atypical for Romania.

Nurzat
11-22-2019, 08:36 PM
They ARE Romanian. How come they don't look Romanian? They are Romanians from Southern Romania. How should a Romanian look like in your view? 😏

no one said they aren't. they just don't have a common look for Romania.

anaise
11-22-2019, 08:39 PM
no one said they aren't. they just don't have a common look for Romania.
Well they are not dark haired and eyed like your stereotypical Romanian posted here, ok :)))
But Romanians have many faces, I guess 1/3 are lighter haired/eyed so I don't understand why should they be typical Romanians to be Romanians.

ixulescu
11-22-2019, 08:43 PM
Well they are not dark haired and eyed like your stereotypical Romanian posted here, ok :)))
But Romanians have many faces, I guess 1/3 are lighter haired/eyed so I don't understand why should they be typical Romanians to be Romanians.

nurzat thinks every light Romanian is Ukrainian :laugh:

anaise
11-22-2019, 08:52 PM
nurzat thinks every light Romanian is Ukrainian :laugh:
Well I'm a light Romanian but I don't have round head like the Ukrainians so I'm pure Romanian :)))

Jana
11-22-2019, 09:26 PM
Gorid with minor Dinaric. She can pass in Croatia easily. Btw, this surname exists among Croats and Serbs too. I read it is Turkish in origin? Does anyone know?

Nurzat
11-23-2019, 05:30 AM
Gorid with minor Dinaric. She can pass in Croatia easily. Btw, this surname exists among Croats and Serbs too. I read it is Turkish in origin? Does anyone know?

in Romania it's popular in Moldova region. that American actor Bob Balaban is of Bessarabian origin (though he's Jewish the name is not, his family probably took it from natives, which happened often enough for Jews). so the name is Moldovan in the Romanian-speaking space. I wouldn't be surprised of Turkish origin, there's lots of Turkish surnames in Moldovans (especially West of Prut, in "Romanian" Moldova).

But Romanians have many faces, I guess 1/3 are lighter haired/eyed ...

that must be a joke. indeed Romanians range in looks from Polish to Turkish but 1/5 light eyes at most (though I suspect less). for light hair (blond) it's maybe 1/20 in the lighter regions and much less in the south and southwest.

Not a Cop
11-23-2019, 01:53 PM

It's common among Ukrainians and southern Russians aswell, i had classmate Baloban.

Balabonit' in Russian means to talk empty talks.

WeirdLookingFellow
11-23-2019, 02:26 PM
Norid, seen everywhere in Romania.

I'd argue around 1/4 of Romanians have light eyes if you count the ones that are mostly green with a bit of brown in the middle.

Lemgrant
11-24-2019, 06:44 PM

It's common among Ukrainians and southern Russians aswell, i had classmate Baloban.

Balabonit' in Russian means to talk empty talks.
or

Baloban (Saker Falcon)
https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%91%D0%B0%D0%BB%D0%BE%D0%B1%D0%B0%D0%BD
https://ku.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balaban

The authors of the “Birds of the Soviet Union” report believe that this word was unknown until the 18th century. and indicate that it came from the Persian name for birds. Iranian falconers call these migratory birds balaban

anaise
02-19-2020, 02:09 PM
Up

Lioncourt
02-19-2020, 02:17 PM

Balaban means "big man". In Bulgaria the surname is Balabanov.

anaise
02-19-2020, 02:24 PM
Leaving outside her family name, please classify her :)

Corded
02-19-2020, 06:05 PM
Gorid + Norid/dinarid

aherne
02-19-2020, 07:42 PM
Ugly woman: Alpine+Baltid and secondary Dinaric. She's completely regular, typical even