PDA

View Full Version : Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Electronic God-Man
03-17-2009, 05:46 AM
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Bet you didn't see this one coming from me.

http://wordfront.com/images/designs/fuck_you_youre_irish.gif

Don't do anything I wouldn't do! :cool:
http://badcontrol.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/sleep-drunk-1.jpg
EDIT: You shoulda seen the pic I wanted here!...Aemma had a fit though. :p

Erin go Bragh...or whatever...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3476/3361469437_2f09cb3b9a_o.jpg

Psychonaut
03-17-2009, 05:59 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3618/3361497907_29334e9ed2_o.jpg

Aemma
03-17-2009, 06:01 AM
For all you micks and wannabe micks :D,

Happy St. Patty's Day! :guinness:

:drink3:...Aemma

Aemma
03-17-2009, 06:08 AM
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

EDIT: You shoulda seen the pic I wanted here!...Aemma had a fit though. :p

Erin go Bragh...or whatever...

Yep she did!

:no: :eusa_naughty: :icon_arghhh: :tsk: :angry: :rant: :angryw :no no:nono: :aufsmaul_2: :smilie_stop: :sad_shakefist:

Thanks Soten! :p :D

Barreldriver
03-17-2009, 06:26 AM
Man, my English blood is too strong for me to celebrate. :( Though I fancy Irish music.

Treffie
03-17-2009, 09:30 AM
Thought I'd let you know that St. Patrick was probably Welsh, so you've got us to thank for all the shenanigans!:thumb001:

http://www.iol.ie/~aidancbs/comenius/pat/index.htm

Jägerstaffel
03-17-2009, 12:30 PM
Have fun getting plastered Irish people.

...What a great holiday :)

Gooding
03-17-2009, 12:36 PM
Enjoy the day,folks! :) Wearing green?Well, hopefully wearing green might convince Nerthus to wake up and maybe convince Thor to chill out with all this rain and wind..oh, yeah, total respect and salutations to all those of Irish and Scotch-Irish descent and origin!

Allenson
03-17-2009, 01:39 PM
Thought I'd let you know that St. Patrick was probably Welsh, so you've got us to thank for all the shenanigans!:thumb001:

Shenanigans? :thumb001:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vpe98B-IAM

Anyway, bottoms up lads & lasses! :guinness:

http://pubcrawlin.files.wordpress.com/2006/09/bourbon-aged-jr-imperial-stout.jpg

HawkR
03-17-2009, 01:41 PM
Happy St. Patty's day for you who celebrate it, for the rest: "How you doin....?":p

Electronic God-Man
03-17-2009, 06:32 PM
I was in a class today about colonial America. One kid decked out completely in green started going off about how "WASPy" colonial America was in a rather disparaging way, to which I replied:
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1033&d=1237314763

I also thought this was funny:
lo96H1-POY8

Loddfafner
03-17-2009, 06:36 PM
"Ireland was better off Pagan.... Bring back the snakes!"

Tolleson
03-17-2009, 06:55 PM
"Ireland was better off Pagan.... Bring back the snakes!"

I'll second that!:thumb001:

Heimmacht
03-17-2009, 06:56 PM
Haha, almost my whole living room is green, so I'm celebrating it every day :D.

PS; Its my favorite color so dont feel sorry for me.

Allenson
03-17-2009, 06:58 PM
http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/allotment/potatoes.jpg

Baron Samedi
03-17-2009, 07:13 PM
lol @ the Irish hate.

I have unconfirmed Scots-Irish and Irish ancestry, so I might as well celebrate the fookin day....

But I work WAY too much to get plastered tonight.

Allenson
03-17-2009, 07:17 PM
lol @ the Irish hate.

Oh, I like the Irish, actually. They're just fun to pick on a little bit.

And, I'm picking on a portion of myself as I have some pre-famine Paddy in the tree that came to the States by way of Prince Edward Island, Canada (1830s).

That's actually the only portion of my ancestry (that I know of) that came to the US after the Revolution....

Barreldriver
03-17-2009, 08:24 PM
Have fun getting plastered Irish people.

...What a great holiday :)

The Irish need a holiday to get plastered? Christ they must have a lot of holiday's then eh? j/k. :D:D:D

Beorn
03-17-2009, 10:33 PM
I hate the Irish! They have horrible looking women. Their offspring look like they went through a blender with a bad case of the flu, and they smell of leeks.

I was in town today and was reminded of why I hate St. Scurvy Day.

Every person you meet puts on this fake Irish accent. They paint themselves up to be sorta Irish and they dress themselves in the apparel of plastic paddy.

Beorn
03-17-2009, 10:57 PM
News just in!

Apparently in Dublin a two seater plane has just been shot down by the IRA.

Ireland`s worst air disaster occurred early this morning when a small two-seater Cessna plane crashed into a cemetery. Irish search and rescue workers have recovered 1826 bodies so far and expect that number to climb as digging continues into the night.

Source (http://www.pown.it/?uid=439)

Treffie
03-17-2009, 10:57 PM
I hate the Irish! They have horrible looking women. Their offspring look like they went through a blender with a bad case of the flu, and they smell of leeks.

I was in town today and was reminded of why I hate St. Scurvy Day.

Every person you meet puts on this fake Irish accent. They paint themselves up to be sorta Irish and they dress themselves in the apparel of plastic paddy.

No, that's not the Irish! ;)

Beorn
03-17-2009, 11:01 PM
No, that's not the Irish! ;)

LOL! Sorry! I was thinking of the Welsh.:D

http://www.legit.dk/Legit.dk/Pictures/funny-picture-cat-picture-ehpien-cat.jpg

SPQR
03-17-2009, 11:14 PM
I hate this holiday, not only is it about a Christian, but now I have to see EVERYONE, including goddamn Mexicans dressing up in clovers and shit. Blah

Barreldriver
03-17-2009, 11:19 PM
lol @ the Irish hate.

I have unconfirmed Scots-Irish and Irish ancestry, so I might as well celebrate the fookin day....

But I work WAY too much to get plastered tonight.

I have a bit of Irish too, but Ulster Irish from Donegal and Antrim, so I doubt it's really "Irish", Donegal was heavily Norse influenced and Antrim from what I hear has a lot of Anglos and Scots right?

Beorn
03-17-2009, 11:23 PM
Antrim from what I hear has a lot of Anglos and Scots right?

I'm not to certain how far spread this is amongst the Irish, but the Irish from the area of Antrim - the area my partner is from - is always referred to as the Scots-Irish.

The Ballymena Hey's!

Treffie
03-17-2009, 11:30 PM
I have a bit of Irish too, but Ulster Irish from Donegal and Antrim, so I doubt it's really "Irish", Donegal was heavily Norse influenced and Antrim from what I hear has a lot of Anglos and Scots right?

I should imagine that Donegal was quite heavily Norse influenced, afterall, the Gaelic name of Donegal, Dún na nGall translates into English as Fort of the Foreigners (Vikings). :thumb001:

Barreldriver
03-18-2009, 01:06 AM
I should imagine that Donegal was quite heavily Norse influenced, afterall, the Gaelic name of Donegal, Dún na nGall translates into English as Fort of the Foreigners (Vikings). :thumb001:

So no whoopsy daisy on my part. I wanna keep my loins n chops lol j/k. :P

Allenson
03-18-2009, 03:04 PM
I even saw a few people wearing orange yesterday... ;)

Barreldriver
03-18-2009, 03:36 PM
Isn't the color of St. Patty's a shade of blue? And St Patty's Day = Green? Shouldn't it equal blue? It's not Ireland Day, it's St. Patty's.

Ladejarlen
03-19-2009, 09:54 AM
Grats!

Gooding
03-19-2009, 01:22 PM
Enjoy the day,folks! :) Wearing green?Well, hopefully wearing green might convince Nerthus to wake up and maybe convince Thor to chill out with all this rain and wind..oh, yeah, total respect and salutations to all those of Irish and Scotch-Irish descent and origin!

Beware what you ask for...it seems the Aesir either can read or they decided to have a nice laugh at us..:ohwell::mmmm:

Osweo
03-19-2009, 01:23 PM
I'm easily the most Irish person here, who doesn't actually live on the island! I even look like one, as Dalton can confirm (I look like something, anyway...), and I'm getting a real kick out of the jokes here! :D

Donegal was heavily Norse influenced

Are we ABSOLUTELY certain here? As I understood it, the Norse were well and truly booted out of Ulster, no?

Perhaps the town of Donegal (which the county took its name from - it might more sensibly have been called by its older name Tirconnell) was the site of a temporary Longfort of the Norsemen?

As for Gall being the 'clincher' here, well, some Irish place-names go back VERY far, to a time when even Fir Bolg or Domnann would have been considered 'Foreigners' to Gaelic speakers...

Ah, here we are - first hunch confirmed;

There is a record of an early Danish fortress being destroyed by Muirchertach MacLochlainn, High King of Ireland in 1159. This Viking settlement is possibly the origin of the town's name.
Probably means a minimum of Norse influence.

Treffie
03-19-2009, 01:26 PM
Are we ABSOLUTELY certain here? As I understood it, the Norse were well and truly booted out of Ulster, no?

No, not sure at all, but thanks for the information. :thumb001:

Barreldriver
03-19-2009, 09:00 PM
I'm easily the most Irish person here, who doesn't actually live on the island! I even look like one, as Dalton can confirm (I look like something, anyway...), and I'm getting a real kick out of the jokes here! :D

Perhaps the town of Donegal (which the county took its name from - it might more sensibly have been called by its older name Tirconnell) was the site of a temporary Longfort of the Norsemen?

As for Gall being the 'clincher' here, well, some Irish place-names go back VERY far, to a time when even Fir Bolg or Domnann would have been considered 'Foreigners' to Gaelic speakers...

Ah, here we are - first hunch confirmed;

Probably means a minimum of Norse influence.

Ah cool beans, didn't think of that. Guess I might have a bit of micky in me eh? lol

Elveon
03-20-2009, 12:33 AM
Please, look at this Brothers and Sisters...

http://www.panf.info/upload/showthread.php?p=31022#post31022

FFF

Gooding
03-20-2009, 12:38 AM
Well, to hell with them.Who cares about what a bunch of Pan-Aryans think?Idiots.

Electronic God-Man
03-20-2009, 01:46 AM
Hahaha, that just made my day!

In particular, Seuthanan and Loyalist are insane.

I'm achieving publicity far and wide. I still stick by what I said, I like Bill the Butcher.

BWW's post was obviously a joke.

Who is this Roman Steel guy? At first I thought it must be Brian Foley but Roman Steel says he's from Upstate NY...not that BF wasn't capable of lying.

Whatever, Italian or Irish, doesn't matter, they can all go to hell. :D

EDIT: That forum comes complete with a sub-forum calling "Outing Fags" and in the "Beautiful Aryan Women" section they have tons of pictures of "aryan" Persians and Indians. Seems they have a fetish for Non-Europeans.

Barreldriver
03-20-2009, 02:43 AM
Hahaha, that just made my day!

I'm achieving publicity far and wide. I still stick by what I said, I like Bill the Butcher.

BWW's post was obviously a joke.

Who is this Roman Steel guy? At first I thought it must be Brian Foley but Roman Steel says he's from Upstate NY...not that BF wasn't capable of lying.

Whatever, Italian or Irish, doesn't matter, they can all go to hell. :D

EDIT: That forum comes complete with a sub-forum calling "Outing Fags" and in the "Beautiful Aryan Women" section they have tons of pictures of "aryan" Persians and Indians. Seems they have a fetish for Non-Europeans.

Bowery Boys unite! lol Bill was BA, one of my fav. historical figures, bareknuckle boxer and in general a hard ass nativist. I still can't believe that those ninnies thought Beorn was serious lol. It was an obviously joking post. lol!

Æmeric
03-20-2009, 03:18 AM
I have some Ulster-Irish ancestry but no Irish-Irish since one of my Norman ancestors married an Irish woman in 12th century Ireland. My people wouldn't stoop that low.;)

Gooding
03-20-2009, 03:56 AM
Nice..I wish I could trace my ancestry that far, but I'm limited to the places of my people's departure from Europe...:(

Barreldriver
03-20-2009, 04:17 AM
Nice..I wish I could trace my ancestry that far, but I'm limited to the places of my people's departure from Europe...:(

It helps if you can get a hold of Parish records. Parish records go way way back, I've got a few lines going back to the 14 and 13 hundreds, one of those lines originally coming from Sweden(Gotteborg) to England.

Treffie
03-20-2009, 09:08 AM
It helps if you can get a hold of Parish records. Parish records go way way back, I've got a few lines going back to the 14 and 13 hundreds, one of those lines originally coming from Sweden(Gotteborg) to England.

Yes, I agree, Parish records were very accurate.

Barreldriver
03-20-2009, 07:56 PM
Yes, I agree, Parish records were very accurate.

Lol I just noticed that when you quoted that my username stated Big Bad Bruenn, BA lol.

Atlas
03-21-2009, 12:07 AM
Happy paddy day, Irish.

Brynhild
03-21-2009, 12:18 AM
As I'm to understand it, most of my Irish heritage is in Counties Clare, Kerry and Wicklow. Parish records would be exceedingly difficult for me to get a hold of, due to my finances. And thanks to the IRA, may be non-existent! :mad:

I may just have to slave away for a time so I can visit Ireland and see for myself.

A bit belated, but anyway:

http://www.funmunch.com/events/patricks/images/st_patricks_day_wallpaper_6_1024x768.jpg

Osweo
03-21-2009, 01:21 AM
Bowery Boys unite! lol Bill was BA, !
- Baracus?!?!? :eek:

I have some Ulster-Irish ancestry but no Irish-Irish since one of my Norman ancestors married an Irish woman in 12th century Ireland.
What was her name? Maybe we're related... :thumb001:

That's VERY early, though... Are you a descendant of Strongbow and Diarmuit MacMurchada's daughter?

Psychonaut
03-21-2009, 01:39 AM
- Baracus?!?!?

Oh noes! B.A. Baracus will bust us all!

http://student.valpo.edu/afedor/mrT.jpg

Æmeric
03-21-2009, 01:20 PM
- Baracus?!?!? :eek:

What was her name? Maybe we're related... :thumb001:

That's VERY early, though... Are you a descendant of Strongbow and Diarmuit MacMurchada's daughter?
Yes, that;s the one. Her name was Aoife/Eva. Her line goes (mainly through female descent) to a Griswold family that were early settlers in 17th century Connecticut.

Stossy
03-21-2009, 01:28 PM
I missed St. Patrick's Day.

A good excuse to get drunk...

2nd time that i miss it...

I just know that there is a great atmosphere in the Irish pub here when it is St. Patrick's Day.

Barreldriver
03-21-2009, 01:31 PM
Not here, the "Irish" pubs are full of gansta wannabes trying to pick fights and pissing their pants thus ruining my mood.

Osweo
05-21-2009, 01:40 AM
Yes, that;s the one. Her name was Aoife/Eva. Her line goes (mainly through female descent) to a Griswold family that were early settlers in 17th century Connecticut.
It's good to be amongst fellow Lagin! ;)

Down with the Cattle Tribute! :D