PDA

View Full Version : Classify Pak lady

lameduck
11-24-2019, 03:26 AM
http://www.achisite.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/954876_592283790802092_1102503964_n.jpg

lameduck
11-24-2019, 11:05 AM
bump

Thambi
11-25-2019, 11:58 AM
Hottie.

NI imo, passes mostly around the northwest region.

Pro.crasti.nation
11-25-2019, 12:21 PM
I keep saying this and it's probably a caste/class thing but, these Pakistanis look very much like the Sylhetis that I know.

I'm not sure why this is the case, that a body of Sylhetis that look like this exist. Was it migration (and if so, when)? Was it just an in-place mix of local and foreign genetics (and if so, what foreign inputs)?

lameduck
11-25-2019, 12:26 PM
I keep saying this and it's probably a caste/class thing but, these Pakistanis look very much like the Sylhetis that I know.

I'm not sure why this is the case, that a body of Sylhetis that look like this exist. Was it migration (and if so, when)? Was it just an in-place mix of local and foreign genetics (and if so, what foreign inputs)?

well there is very little recent foreign input in native Pakistani ethnicities because vast majority of country was rural just 2 decades back , foreign mix is mainly among Indian Muslims from Gujarat/Hyderabad/UP and their decedents among Muhajirs in pakistan. There are certain similarities between all south asian because of ASI they share.

Pro.crasti.nation
11-25-2019, 12:35 PM
well there is very little recent foreign input in native Pakistani ethnicities because vast majority of country was rural just 2 decades back , foreign mix is mainly among Indian Muslims from Gujarat/Hyderabad/UP and their decedents among Muhajirs in pakistan. There are certain similarities between all south asian because of ASI they share.

I'm thinking more about Sylhetis being so similar to Pakistanis, rather than the other way around. Sylhet was a part of Assam, so the more "mongoloid" Sylhetis are easily explained but the ones that look like Pakistanis...?

ASI component would make sense, if we were talking about darker and more South Indian looking members of both groups.

You might say that, absent the ASI component the Pakistani woman would be fairer but then what about the Sylhetis?

I suspect there is something else going on, to explain this.

lameduck
11-25-2019, 12:38 PM
I'm thinking more about Sylhetis being so similar to Pakistanis, rather than the other way around. Sylhet was a part of Assam, so the more "mongoloid" Sylhetis are easily explained but the ones that look like Pakistanis...?

ASI component would make sense, if we were talking about darker and more South Indian looking members of both groups.

You might say that, absent the ASI component the Pakistani woman would be fairer but then what about the Sylhetis?

user thambi is expert on south asian genetics , he might explain it better lol

Thambi
11-25-2019, 12:46 PM

there might be some migration going on. there is a sylheti user on AG. him and his family score roughly the same as other benglalis. His wife looked quite fair despite scoring fairly similar to other bengalis so it could be some selective breeding within the community for set features or just by chance not sure. either that or migration from pakistan. Again I'm not too sure about bengali or sylheti history.

higher ASI doesnt automatically mean darker or more aboriginal features. There are many tamils with lighter skin and caucasoid features.

Pro.crasti.nation
11-25-2019, 12:47 PM
Lol, I don't normally obsess about these matters. Just looking at these pictures makes me think.

Pro.crasti.nation
11-25-2019, 12:54 PM
there might be some migration going on. there is a sylheti user on AG. him and his family score roughly the same as other benglalis. His wife looked quite fair despite scoring fairly similar to other bengalis so it could be some selective breeding within the community for set features or just by chance not sure. either that or migration from pakistan. Again I'm not too sure about bengali or sylheti history.

higher ASI doesnt automatically mean darker or more aboriginal features. There are many tamils with lighter skin and caucasoid features.

I know quite a few Sylhetis, naturally, in real life. They usually speculate Afghan migration under the Mughals or some Arab/Yemeni admixture due to historical movements.

I'm not sure what I think of such notions. I know my own family history and we are atypical of Sylhetis, as we only moved to Bengal (Sylhet) a couple of hundred years ago. Most others have been in Sylhet far longer, if not native to the region.

lameduck
11-25-2019, 01:55 PM
I know quite a few Sylhetis, naturally, in real life. They usually speculate Afghan migration under the Mughals or some Arab/Yemeni admixture due to historical movements.

I'm not sure what I think of such notions. I know my own family history and we are atypical of Sylhetis, as we only moved to Bengal (Sylhet) a couple of hundred years ago. Most others have been in Sylhet far longer, if not native to the region.

here is a good thread made by a bengali user on them
https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?264469-Do-these-Bengalis-pass-anywhere-else-in-the-Indian-sub-continent

Pro.crasti.nation
11-25-2019, 05:33 PM
here is a good thread made by a bengali user on them
https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?264469-Do-these-Bengalis-pass-anywhere-else-in-the-Indian-sub-continent

Good thread, that's more the Sylheti look that I recognise. And he's right that most Sylhetis don't look like that but, I can't believe that it is the result of 360 guys breeding with Sylheti women. The notion's ridiculous on its face.

The class/colour thing is very evident in Sylhetis.