PDA

View Full Version : Was fist fighting in schools, colleges and among young people popular in America back in the day?

kratz
11-29-2019, 05:11 PM
Hey guys,

I was talking with my history college professor who taught me that when he was growing up probably in the early 20th century, "You either fought or you wore a dress." Moreover, I was also reading articles where Julius Evola would say that Americans would fight fight and that in detective stories, fist fighting was seen as cool.

Nowadays, however, it seems this 'fist fighting' culture has disappeared due to feminism..etc. Where this kind of "expressions of masculinity" are seen as 'toxic' or bad. Even 'low value' in some cases.

I was watching the original, 'Spiderman' movie and realize the fighting was "In" back in the late 90s. Nowadays, however, if people thought then you could get a lawsuit, parents would complain with the school. It seems this go hand in hand with the, 'boys will be boys' mantra.

What do you guys think?

Westbrook
11-29-2019, 05:17 PM
I don't really understand what you're asking. Fights at school were a constant thing when I was growing up in the 90s/2000s and I don't think it's changed much since then.

kratz
12-01-2019, 12:34 PM
I don't really understand what you're asking. Fights at school were a constant thing when I was growing up in the 90s/2000s and I don't think it's changed much since then.

Well in nightclubs you are disencouraged from fighting and its seen as low value. Therefore, I was wondering if because of feminism fist fighting is becoming less popular.

Westbrook
12-01-2019, 12:44 PM
Not as far as I can tell
Well in nightclubs you are disencouraged from fighting and its seen as low value. Therefore, I was wondering if because of feminism fist fighting is becoming less popular.