PDA

View Full Version : Does it bother you if you're watching a Rom Com and the lead actor turns out to be a gay?

Richmondbread
11-29-2019, 05:58 PM
I like watching Hallmark Christmas movies. Even though I don't really like Romantic Comedies, I like the Christmas stories. Occasionally, they will place an Actor who is a homosexual in real life and play him straight in the film. Some times I have heard of the actor and some times I look up the actors in the movie just to see who they are. Not often, but some times they have a gay guy playing a romantic interest for the leading lady. It wouldn't bother me normally, but often I can't watch the movie after that. There's always something "off". Some times I can just tell the Actor is gay. It' s not a "chemistry" thing. Some straight couples have no chemistry whatsoever. It's more of a feeling that he really hates being anything physical with the girl. There are plenty of straight actors who could play leading men. Why hire the gay? It throws everything off.

Hulu
11-29-2019, 05:59 PM
Which one you have in mind Richmond

Richmondbread
11-29-2019, 06:04 PM
Which one you have in mind Richmond

I can't recall the specific movies. I just look up the Actors and I found that more than a few of them the the actor was a homosexual.

Westbrook
11-29-2019, 06:09 PM
I don't watch rom coms on account of I'm a straight dude

Richmondbread
11-30-2019, 01:29 AM
I don't watch rom coms on account of I'm a straight dude

As am I, but the fabulous Hallmark Christmas movies warm the heart. Also, they have a lot of nice looking women in them.

Westbrook
11-30-2019, 01:38 AM
Stop lying to yourself and the rest of us
As am I, but the fabulous Hallmark Christmas movies warm the heart. Also, they have a lot of nice looking women in them.

Richmondbread
11-30-2019, 01:55 AM
Stop lying to yourself and the rest of us

Whatever you say, boy.

Zuh
11-30-2019, 01:57 AM
As long you don't get a random boner then you have nothing to worry about.

The Blade
11-30-2019, 09:38 PM
I don't watch romantic comedies.