PDA

View Full Version : Countries where the swear-word "Siktir" appears in the native language

MustafaTekin
12-04-2019, 12:01 AM
https://i.imgur.com/Zw0wbZF.png

"Sikmek" is a turkic verb that basically means "to fuck"; sik also means the male genital organ in turkish. "- tir" is an affix in turkish that adds a meaning of "getting fucked".

By the way turkic languages are agglutinative languages, thus there are three types of words in the means of structure:

Basit kelimeler (words without affixes), sikmek or sik are some of those.

Türemiş kelimeler (words with affixes), for example, siktirmek, sikik (fucking, fucked) sikilmiş (the person who is fucked), sikmelik (fuckable), etc.

Birleşik kelimeler (combination of two or more words), siktiriboktan (eng. shitty) can be an example of this (sik + bok)

(-mek is affix that has no meaning other than showing that the word it comes after is a verb, very similiar to "to" in english. And I want to add that not all affixes make new words, that's an another subject...)

Examples of the word sik and other words that are derived from it can be found in the oldest known Turkic-Arabic dictionary, "Divan-i Lugati't-Türk", written by Kaşgarlı Mahmud in 11th century.

TheMaestro
12-04-2019, 12:04 AM
I need more swear words I can tell to Turks when I play with them CSGO.

MustafaTekin
12-04-2019, 08:18 AM
I need more swear words I can tell to Turks when I play with them CSGO.

keko/heval/kıro - friend in Kurdish - used as a derogatory term for Kurdish people, also used to call a Turkish person backwards/stupid/retarded

sik kafalı - dick head

FinalFlash
12-04-2019, 08:22 AM
Siktir bozi vastak.

Brás Garcia de Mascarenhas
12-04-2019, 08:52 AM
Interestingly Albanians were the only ones that did not introduce this Turkish slang into their vocabulary. Siktir sounds like a yogurt brand.

MustafaTekin
12-04-2019, 08:59 AM
Actually i've met albanians/kosovars who were using the word siktir. i don't know if all albanians use it.

PAGANE
12-04-2019, 09:07 AM
:) I also know Eshek seki.

Moje ime
12-04-2019, 09:26 AM
"Sikter" one of those archaic and ugly words which you instictivelly know they mean something bad. I don't think I heard it more than few times in my life, from some archaic people, that is how rare it appears in Serbian. I doubt younger generations even know that word. Also I think those Turkish words are more frequent among Bosniaks and I doubt Albanians don't know it.
In Serbian it means something like go away, run away (when you want to scare someone).

Glauk
12-05-2019, 04:30 PM
First time hearing for this word

contributor
12-05-2019, 04:35 PM
one of the greatest turkic accomplishment in humanity after Boris 15 year troll presence on forums

Annihilus
12-05-2019, 05:04 PM
"Sikter" one of those archaic and ugly words which you instictivelly know they mean something bad. I don't think I heard it more than few times in my life, from some archaic people, that is how rare it appears in Serbian. I doubt younger generations even know that word. Also I think those Turkish words are more frequent among Bosniaks and I doubt Albanians don't know it.
In Serbian it means something like go away, run away (when you want to scare someone).

Used in Turkish most of the time like that too. Siktir (git) fuck off.

You can also say it to a friend if he/she says or does something stupid in which case it means more idiot/moron

Annihilus
12-05-2019, 05:07 PM
Ha siktir means seriously? or shit/damn

The Lawspeaker
12-05-2019, 05:09 PM
Used in Turkish most of the time like that too. Siktir (git) fuck off.

You can also say it to a friend if he/she says or does something stupid in which case it means more idiot/moron

The question is now: what does it literally mean. I mean in Dutch - some of the requests for a person to vacate the premises and to disappear from the speakers' view can take it quite far.. :cool: I believe that understand a people, you have to understand what they literally say (be they in expressions or even swear words), because in the language lies the belevingswereld (does the word even translate to English ? "experience") and world view of the speaker.

Annihilus
12-05-2019, 05:19 PM
The question is now: what does it literally mean. I mean in Dutch - some of the requests for a person to vacate the premises and to disappear from the speakers' view can take it quite far.. :cool:

It literally translates to: let it get fucked

(git is go)

The Lawspeaker
12-05-2019, 05:20 PM
It literally translates to: let it get fucked

(git is go)

Not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Try the Dutch ones. They are a bit more forceful there.

Ford
12-05-2019, 05:22 PM
Never heard of it in my life.