PDA

View Full Version : West Asian contribution = 0 - K15

gadele
12-09-2019, 11:25 AM
I am mixed race (latino) but to simplify we can consider that I have a major contribution from Iberian. I was reviewing the K15 Admixture results and comparing my results against the Spanish samples in K15 spreadsheet. I have the following 4 values out of range.

Amerindian: off course it is completely off avr: 038 - Mine: 17.84 ( it explains itself)
North Atlantic: avr 40.69 - Mine: 30.98 It 25% lower that Spanish average ( this is explained due to high amerindian. If I remove the Amerindian I would have an average)
Oceania: avr 0.29 - Mine: 0.72 ( much higher) Likely due to Amerindian contribution. I heard that Oceanian people went to Southamerica thousands of years ago.
West Asian: avr: 2.36 - Mine: 0 (this is the one I really do not why I do not have any)
Does anyone know why I do not have west Asian contribution to my genepool considering my ancestry? Being Iberian, my major contributor?
What traits are related to West asian?

Thanks

Brás Garcia de Mascarenhas
12-09-2019, 11:32 AM
I would say that it is a combination of your ancestry, either Iberians, Finns\West Russians and Native Americans have pretty low West Asian values.

gadele
12-09-2019, 12:04 PM
Thanks Brás. You are right.
I am planning to do a new DNA test since MyHeritage has a lot missing SNPs. I will try 23andme probably early next year.