PDA

View Full Version : postmaster bans non-english speaking customers

Hildolf
03-18-2009, 11:49 AM
Now had the postmaster been white there would of been cries of "racist" and calls for him to be sacked I'm sure.

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/homenews/Post-Office-bans-customers-t-speak-English/article-778172-detail/article.html

Manifest Destiny
03-21-2009, 07:44 PM
Now had the postmaster been white there would of been cries of "racist" and calls for him to be sacked I'm sure.

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/homenews/Post-Office-bans-customers-t-speak-English/article-778172-detail/article.html

True, but I agree with what the postmaster did regardless of his race.

Treffie
03-22-2009, 04:03 AM
True, but I agree with what the postmaster did regardless of his race.

Yes, I agree. There's a real irony to this one. Much as I hate to say it, he's right.

Gooding
03-22-2009, 04:44 AM
Okay.This I can respect. I wish we had more of his kind of immigrant in our country.:thumb001:

Hildolf
03-22-2009, 08:17 AM
Yes, I agree. There's a real irony to this one. Much as I hate to say it, he's right.

He is right and acknowledges himself that it is wrong that whites can't say anything for fear of being branded racist. The issue isn't about this individual but the very fact an immigrant can speak out but a native can't, unless they want to be branded racist and sacked.

Muslims in the area have started a petition to get him sacked (say's a lot about them I guess), but this won't happen I'm sure, as the post office won't want to be branded racist.

Hildolf
03-28-2009, 08:02 AM
Muslims in the area have started a petition to get him sacked (say's a lot about them I guess), but this won't happen I'm sure, as the post office won't want to be branded racist.

Well I Sit Corrected. The Man was moved to another post office and then two day's later sacked. Just goes to show, it doesn't matter what your ethnic background is, don't go upsetting muslims!

Manifest Destiny
03-28-2009, 02:33 PM
Well I Sit Corrected. The Man was moved to another post office and then two day's later sacked. Just goes to show, it doesn't matter what your ethnic background is, don't go upsetting muslims!

People who think English should be the language spoken in Britain should start a petition to get him hired back on. I'm not British, but I'd sign it.

Hildolf
04-02-2009, 07:55 AM
Deva Kumarasiri has now been asked by the UKIP leader to stand as an MEP for them in the forthcoming elections.

http://www.ukip.org/content/latest-news/959-great-brit-postie-stands-as-mep

Albion
02-06-2013, 07:43 PM
Mr Kumarasiri, who runs Sneinton Boulevard Post Office, says all immigrants in Britain should learn the language.

The 40-year-old, who moved here 18 years ago, says it is important to embrace British culture.
"If you come to Britain you have got to speak English," said the father-of-two,

An immigrant said this? :eek: This guy should be given a medal - award for an immigrant that actually respects the native culture. :D

who is also a Liberal Democrat councillor on Gedling Borough Council.

And from a Lib Dem as well. :eek:

But we still need far less immigrants, the few that we do take in should be descent ones.